Need Inventory Tables - Fields & Descriptions

Hi,

Where can I find a better reference for Inventory tables (field descriptions)?

GP SDK does not seem to explain Inventory that clearly.

Any guidance to the reference would be great.

--
Regards,
Vaidy

For GP 9; in GP go to Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables then hit the
elipsis icon (box with 3 dots).  Select Microsoft Dynamics GP as the Product
and Inventory as the series.  You'll then see a list of all inventory tables
and from there can get details on each.

Don't know if the navigation is the same for GP 10 but it should be similar.

Accolade Pulications also has some very good reference books that cover how
the various tables are used within the application.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Vaidy" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Where can I find a better reference for Inventory tables (field descriptions)?
>
> GP SDK does not seem to explain Inventory that clearly.
>
> Any guidance to the reference would be great.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Vaidy
0
jim.harris (398)
8/7/2008 1:24:01 PM
On Aug 7, 8:24=A0am, Jim@TurboChef <jim.har...@turbochef.com> wrote:
> For GP 9; in GP go to Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables then hit the
> elipsis icon (box with 3 dots). =A0Select Microsoft Dynamics GP as the Pr=
oduct
> and Inventory as the series. =A0You'll then see a list of all inventory t=
ables
> and from there can get details on each.
>
> Don't know if the navigation is the same for GP 10 but it should be simil=
ar.

> Accolade Pulications also has some very good reference books that cover h=
ow
> the various tables are used within the application.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Vaidy" wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Where can I find a better reference for Inventory tables (field descrip=
tions)?

> > GP SDK does not seem to explain Inventory that clearly.
>
> > Any guidance to the reference would be great.
>
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Vaidy- Hide quoted text -

Go to Mark Polino's website www.dynamicaccounting.net and scroll down
the right hand side.  From there, you can download excel sheets with
Table and Field descriptions.

He has them for GP9 and GP10.

Andrew

www.gofastpath.com
0
ABSnook (37)
8/7/2008 5:46:54 PM
Unfortunately, there's no field information in my table reference.
Once I know the table I use Select * or DDB or Tools->resource
descriptions to figure out the fields. Thanks for the mention though
Andy.

Mark

On Aug 7, 1:46=A0pm, DIRISH74 <ABSn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 8:24=A0am, Jim@TurboChef <jim.har...@turbochef.com> wrote:
>

> > For GP 9; in GP go to Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables then hit t=
he
> > elipsis icon (box with 3 dots). =A0Select Microsoft Dynamics GP as the =
Product
> > and Inventory as the series. =A0You'll then see a list of all inventory=
 tables
> > and from there can get details on each.
>
> > Don't know if the navigation is the same for GP 10 but it should be sim=
ilar.

> > Accolade Pulications also has some very good reference books that cover=
 how
> > the various tables are used within the application.
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef
>
> > "Vaidy" wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Where can I find a better reference for Inventory tables (field descr=
iptions)?

> > > GP SDK does not seem to explain Inventory that clearly.
>
> > > Any guidance to the reference would be great.
>
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Vaidy- Hide quoted text -

> Go to Mark Polino's websitewww.dynamicaccounting.netand scroll down
> the right hand side. =A0From there, you can download excel sheets with
> Table and Field descriptions.
>
> He has them for GP9 and GP10.
>
> Andrew
>
> www.gofastpath.com

0
mpolino (496)
8/7/2008 6:53:56 PM
Thank you all for the replies.

I would like to get the information of the fields (description and usage of
the same), as other basic information such as Physical Name, Technical Name,
etc. are all available with me.

Please do update me in case you guys find it anywhere. You can post against
this Post itself.

--
Regards,
Vaidy

"Mark Polino [MVP] (DynamicAccounting.net" wrote:

> Unfortunately, there's no field information in my table reference.
> Once I know the table I use Select * or DDB or Tools->resource
> descriptions to figure out the fields. Thanks for the mention though
> Andy.
>
> Mark
>

> On Aug 7, 1:46 pm, DIRISH74 <ABSn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 7, 8:24 am, Jim@TurboChef <jim.har...@turbochef.com> wrote:
> >

> > > For GP 9; in GP go to Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables then hit the
> > > elipsis icon (box with 3 dots).  Select Microsoft Dynamics GP as the Product
> > > and Inventory as the series.  You'll then see a list of all inventory tables
> > > and from there can get details on each.
> >
> > > Don't know if the navigation is the same for GP 10 but it should be similar.
> >
> > > Accolade Pulications also has some very good reference books that cover how
> > > the various tables are used within the application.
> > > --
> > > Jim@TurboChef

> > Go to Mark Polino's websitewww.dynamicaccounting.netand scroll down
> > the right hand side.  From there, you can download excel sheets with
> > Table and Field descriptions.
> >
> > He has them for GP9 and GP10.
> >
> > Andrew
> >
> > www.gofastpath.com

0
Vaidy (155)
8/8/2008 3:33:01 AM
The field usage for the work tables can be found in the SDK (on disc 2).

Otherwise, you'll need to look at Accolade Publications' work.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Vaidy" wrote:

> Thank you all for the replies.
>
> I would like to get the information of the fields (description and usage of
> the same), as other basic information such as Physical Name, Technical Name,
> etc. are all available with me.
>
> Please do update me in case you guys find it anywhere. You can post against
> this Post itself.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Vaidy
>

> "Mark Polino [MVP] (DynamicAccounting.net" wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, there's no field information in my table reference.
> > Once I know the table I use Select * or DDB or Tools->resource
> > descriptions to figure out the fields. Thanks for the mention though
> > Andy.
> >
> > Mark

> > > Go to Mark Polino's websitewww.dynamicaccounting.netand scroll down
> > > the right hand side.  From there, you can download excel sheets with
> > > Table and Field descriptions.
> > >
> > > He has them for GP9 and GP10.
> > >
> > > Andrew
> > >
> > > www.gofastpath.com

0
callen (2505)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Table Columns/Expanding Cell Width
I was creating my first table in Word 2007. I used Insert->Tables- >Tables. When I typed in text, the column kept expanding and the text did not wrap until it hit the end of the line and the adjacent cells were compacted to their margins. Then I did Table Tools->Auto Fit->Fixed Column Width and the column width stayed the same and wrapped. So now I create a new file and the do a table. Now the column width stayed the same. Not that I would want the initial behavior of columns expanding---why does it no longer appear? ...

Importing Access 97 table into Access 2000
I'm trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 using the create an empty 2000 database and import from the 97 database. I have a copy of the 97 database on my machine and no one else has access to my machine much less the database. When I try to import the table from the Access 97 database, it runs for a while and then dies with: The Microsoft Jet database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. I told Access to import the table definitions, the data, and the relationships. Does anyone have any idea wha...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

How to emulate Footer with table
I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer. Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table? For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not move with the text above and print on every sheet. My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and the...

need help badly

I need Help

updating segment descriptions
i need to update some segment descriptions. i have quite a few and i dont wish to do them one at a time. is there an easy way to change the descriptions (i.e. integration manager)? thanks!! Keith, I usually run a sql script to update the main account segment then go in through sql to edit the few incorrect ones. I find it saves me loads of time. The script I use is below but you may have to make changes based on which segment is the main account segment. UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = LTRIM(SUBSTRING(GL00100.ACTDESCR,1,31)) FROM GL00100,GL40200 WHERE GL40200.SGMTNUMB = 1 AND GL40200.S...

Ones in pivot table
Hello, I import my pivot table data from an external data source (MS Access query) and it displays like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count.jpg instead of showing values. If I double click on any of "2's", a new worksheet is generated showing me the actual values. How do I make the values show like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count2.jpg Brenda, Post a small table of your data: you probably need to change what data you are using in the pibot table, and change from count to sum for the fields. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brenda Love" &...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Component Transaction Entry SQL Table, Mfg
I am writing a crystal report to show all the scrap transactions, I am looking for the table that has the Document Number, Date, etc, as well as the Note Index (next to the Pick Document Number. Can anyone tell me the SQL Table that is the Component Transaction Entry Header and if the 'Note' is stored in the Sy03900 table like the other Dynamics Notes, or if Mfg has its own note table? thanks! -- Doug Manufacturing does not have its own note table......not certain best table for scrap transactions..... "Doug" wrote: > I am writing a crystal report to show all t...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

I really need help. Need a formula. Need it yesterday.
I'm new to Excel formulas, and I need one that is well beyond me at this stage, but probably a piece of cake for an Excel Wizard. I have a modest staffing schedule on Excel that shows several teams of employees with staffing requirements that may change every thirty minutes, as does the number of employees available in each team. I have the spreadsheet linked to another that provides the total, overall staffing requirement for each half hour, so that the total staffing requirement for each half-hour automatically loads to my staffing schedule. Likewise with the total number of emp...