Need help with SQL tables

After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP.  I received
the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in
to a table.  I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this.  We don't
have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio
Express.

Can anyone help me?  I just need to know the script that will add it to
these tables.

Thanks.

Tracey D

"Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following
tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum.
Once added, use another existing logon in DynamicsGP to configure the
security role of POWERUSER for 'sa' into each company you have

SY01400 - one entry needed
SY60100 - one entry for each company database, as seen in SY01500"

I would consider just copying an existing record from another user.

patrick

"Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP.  I
> received
> the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid
> in
> to a table.  I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this.  We don't
> have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio
> Express.
>
> Can anyone help me?  I just need to know the script that will add it to
> these tables.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tracey D
>
> "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the
> following
> tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum.
> Once added, use another existing logon in DynamicsGP to configure the
> security role of POWERUSER for 'sa' into each company you have
>
> SY01400 - one entry needed
> SY60100 - one entry for each company database, as seen in SY01500"

0
Patrick
11/13/2009 3:13:19 AM
How do I insert the line to copy to using SQL 2005 managment suite?

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> I would consider just copying an existing record from another user.
>
> patrick

> "Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP.  I
> > received
> > the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid
> > in
> > to a table.  I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this.  We don't
> > have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio
> > Express.
> >
> > Can anyone help me?  I just need to know the script that will add it to
> > these tables.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Tracey D
> >
> > "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the
> > following
> > tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum.
> > Once added, use another existing logon in DynamicsGP to configure the
> > security role of POWERUSER for 'sa' into each company you have
> >
> > SY01400 - one entry needed
> > SY60100 - one entry for each company database, as seen in SY01500"
> >

> .

In Management Studio, expand the DYNAMICS database, and locate the tables
entry. In the tables list, locate the SY01400 table. Right-click on the table
and select the 'Edit Top 200 Records' option. Position yourself at the end of
the table to insert a new record. In the user ID column, type sa, then enter
all column values thereafter as they appear in the record above the line you
are currently editing.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Tracey D" wrote:

> How do I insert the line to copy to using SQL 2005 managment suite?
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > I would consider just copying an existing record from another user.
> >
> > patrick
> >
> > --
> >

> > "Tracey D" <TraceyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP.  I
> > > received
> > > the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid
> > > in
> > > to a table.  I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this.  We don't
> > > have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio
> > > Express.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me?  I just need to know the script that will add it to
> > > these tables.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Tracey D
> > >
> > > "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the
> > > following
> > > tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum.
> > > Once added, use another existing logon in DynamicsGP to configure the
> > > security role of POWERUSER for 'sa' into each company you have
> > >
> > > SY01400 - one entry needed
> > > SY60100 - one entry for each company database, as seen in SY01500"
> > >

> > .

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

How to emulate Footer with table
I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer. Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table? For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not move with the text above and print on every sheet. My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and the...

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

I need Help

need help badly

Ones in pivot table
Hello, I import my pivot table data from an external data source (MS Access query) and it displays like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count.jpg instead of showing values. If I double click on any of "2's", a new worksheet is generated showing me the actual values. How do I make the values show like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count2.jpg Brenda, Post a small table of your data: you probably need to change what data you are using in the pibot table, and change from count to sum for the fields. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brenda Love" &...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Component Transaction Entry SQL Table, Mfg
I am writing a crystal report to show all the scrap transactions, I am looking for the table that has the Document Number, Date, etc, as well as the Note Index (next to the Pick Document Number. Can anyone tell me the SQL Table that is the Component Transaction Entry Header and if the 'Note' is stored in the Sy03900 table like the other Dynamics Notes, or if Mfg has its own note table? thanks! -- Doug Manufacturing does not have its own note table......not certain best table for scrap transactions..... "Doug" wrote: > I am writing a crystal report to show all t...

Sql server2005
Am trying to install SQL service pack 2 (Kb960089) ans it wont install. I need getting error message 80070050 or error code 733 F. I keep trying to install but each time it fails. Have been tryng to update this for mths...anyone any suggestions?? -- cb "Clairebear" <Clairebear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2613E089-6832-4B08-BDDB-43487C69B4A3@microsoft.com... > Am trying to install SQL service pack 2 (Kb960089) ans it wont install. I > need getting error message 80070050 or error code 733 F. I keep trying to > install but each time...