Named Printers #4

I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I
choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What
could be the problem?

-Hari

------=_NextPart_0001_6AC20EE0

In this list, "Project" doesn't mean Project Accounting, that is just the
series.  Any application/module can put themselves in this list in any
location- however it would seem the perfect location for Project Accounting
report.

Looking at my list, this also is empty for me as well.  Briefly looking a
PA source code, I don't see that it supports named printers at this time
which explains why I can't find any PA reports in the name printer lists.

patrick
mbs dev support

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?SGFyaQ==?= <haribabu.ks@gmail.com>
Subject: Named Printers
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 06:40:03 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I
choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What
could be the problem?

-Hari

------=_NextPart_0001_6AC20EE0

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 In this list, "Project" doesn't mean Project Accounting, that is just the series.  Any application/module can put themselves in this list in any location- however it would seem the perfect location for Project Accounting report.
\par
\par Looking at my list, this also is empty for me as well.  Briefly looking a PA source code, I don't see that it supports named printers at this time which explains why I can't find any PA reports in the name printer lists.
\par
\par patrick
\par mbs dev support
\par
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Named Printers
\par thread-index: AcaVODLVDEKbIEydSbWt/HoyReVy3w==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 202.14.72.33
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?SGFyaQ==?= <haribabu.ks@gmail.com>
\par Subject: Named Printers
\par Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 06:40:03 -0700
\par Lines: 5
\par Message-ID: <65A68BDD-83E9-4BE0-B928-BADFDC67C86D@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:30963
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I
\par choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What
\par could be the problem?
\par
\par -Hari
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_6AC20EE0--

0
prot (52)
6/22/2006 2:55:05 AM
For a report to work with Named Printers, it must actually be coded by the
original developers to call Named Printers and then to print the report to
the appropriate destination.

While it is possible to use VBA or Dexterity to create a customisation to
add Named Printer control to a report, it is best if the original developer
makes the change.

I would suggest entering a product suggestion.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Original Developer of Named Printers
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Hari" wrote:

> I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I
> choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What
> could be the problem?
>
> -Hari
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

Printer problem with linefeeds at beginning, slightly solved
Hello, at first I want to thank you answering my last problems. I think it's a device driver problem or a windows problem (tried W2k, WinXP, Editor, Wordpad, all the same). There seems to be bad data in the buffer when each print job starts, also after cold booting the pc and printer - so there's always bad data before printing. My question: Is it possible to erase the contents of the printer buffer? I think this could solve my problem. How can I erase the buffer? Thanks for your help, Guido Hello, I have an ESC command of the printer to initialize it: ESC @ But I don't know ...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Cannot Load the Printer Driver
I am running MS Vista and Publisher 2003. How come on some projects I can print, but others I get the error message, "Cannot load the printer driver". I am completely hung up in my work due to this error. I can open a new publisher file and remake the design and I still get the error message. However, files that were in existence prior to my upgrade will print just fine. HELP, I'm going crazy and can't find an answer to move ahead and complete my work! Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver?...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

Auto Word Select #4
Hi, I need to know how i can get a list of words to act as auto selects, so that i dont need to type them constantly across my worksheet. I heard that i need a combo box. i am using excel 2000. Thanks for your help. ...

convert from last name, first name TO first name, last name
How can I convert my contacts (as a group menaing all of them at once0 from the last name, first name to first name last name, without having to enter EACH cotnact and perform it almost 400 times? Also, in what format would you suggest trying to print my contacts showing fields name mobile, home, work phone and email address? I assume there is a way to make used defined fields? You'll need to create a post with enough information that others could understand it. How are we to know which field or view you are trying to "convert?" Be specific. I would suggest pri...

Publisher cannot find my printer #3
Publisher cannot find my printer, although have installed both a physical printer and a couple of image printers. Does anyone have the solution to this problem. The other programs in my office package does recognize my printers ... all of them. Regards - Wallentin Did you try updating your printer drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Wallentin" <Wallentin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54050C21-E7CA-4D44-A6F0-722D048385BA@microsoft.com... > Publisher cannot find my pr...

In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered?
In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered? 4E01 is scientific notation for 40 (4*10^1=4*10=40) If you want to keep the cell showing 4E01 (as text), you can either preformat the cell as text or start your entry with an apostrophe: '4E01 Excel information...??? wrote: > > In excel why does 4E01 change to 4.00E+01 whenever entered? -- Dave Peterson ...

Find a time value in one column based on names in another
Hi - I have a list of names. (40 Different names that may occur 30 - 40 times a piece in column B). In Column C I have a list of times that each person made an entry. Is there a formula that will give me the earliest time that appears in column C for each person on the list in column B? I already have a list of all of the unique names that will appear in column B that I can use as a reference. Example: col A col B col C smith 6:00am jones 5:03pm smith 7:05am jones 4:02pm adams 2:05pm adams 2:33p...

Macro Error #4
I have Excel linked into Word to create financial statements, but on my laptop only, I get an error message every time I open Excel financial statements as follows: "Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbood" I don't know what this means or how to fix. Blank Excel spreadsheets are fine. It's only on my laptop and only with financial statment files. Any ideas? Hi Kyle maybe you have created a macro in this specific workbook. Try the following: - open your workbook (with macros enabled) - hilt ALT - F11 to open the VBA editor - doubleclick ...

Separating a name into first name and last name columns
I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the following way: <Last Name>,<Space><First Name> - thus it looks like the following: ADAMS, ROSEMARY I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers in Excel, not in Visual Basic. Thank you, THEFALLGUY David(s) - thank you for the help. Problem solved. The Davids stick together!!!! Thanks, David "THEFALLGUY" wrote: > I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the ...

Edit Licensed to Name
I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash screen). How can I do this? Thanks In article <news-AC4BCA.12232514102004@msnews.microsoft.com>, news@biggerhammer.org wrote: > I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash > screen). How can I do this? > > Thanks Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html ...

Name Tags
I'm working on putting together some name tags using Publisher but when I get to the name tags and what one's to use, it will only let me print the same name tag on one sheet. How can I put more then one name on a sheet of name tags? Thanks Use mail merge. Create a database with the names, you can do this in Publisher. Click Mail Merge on the toolbar (Publisher 2000), create Publisher Address List. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Gideon" <gideonkaine@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

to create nametags, I want 8 names per sheet, not 1 name 8 times
After using an excell database as the source and mail merging, I am getting a sheet of 8 nametags with the smae person's name instead of 8 different names per sheet. How do I fix this? Are you looking at print preview? There is a bug in Publisher that when you view print preview the same information is on all labels. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22F2F053-3985-4D41-8F0B-E1E20119DF92@microsoft.com... > After using an excell datab...

How do I view Pivot Table source data file and field names?
I'd like information on how you can view the name/reference for the source data of a Pivot Table. For Example, in MS Access and Cognos Impromptu you can go to SQL view and see where data in a Query is coming from. It's easy to find the source of formulas in Excel, using the Audit Toolbar. I'd like a way to quickly view the file name (whether an Excel file or external source) and field names that were used to create the Pivot Table. chocolate2346 Wrote: > I'd like information on how you can view the name/reference for the > source > data of a Pivot Table. Fo...

Wrong name in Outlook
Hi group Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003. During creation of a new user, there where a spelling error in the users name. The username, display name is changed in AD Users & Computers. But in Outlook, the name is stille shown wrong. How do I change this? I know I can export e-mails to .pst file, delete the mailbox create a new and exchange take's the display name from AD, check that property "Lars" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eY9ZFUyNHHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi group > > Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003. > ...