Multiple version instances in GP 9.0 and 10.0

I am trying to run multiple instances on one machine for GP 9.0 and GP 10.0
using a second instance of SQL Server 2005, although I get a Dexterity
Runtime error.  Is it necessary to have this second instance of SQL?  Any
clues?  Thanks in advance.
0
Kelly1 (97)

Each instance must have it's own DYNAMICS database. Also, make sure that you
have two seperate DSN's, one that points to version 9, one that points to
version 10. When you log into GP, make sure you use the correct DSN for that
version.

Hope that helps,
Jim

"Kelly" wrote:

> I am trying to run multiple instances on one machine for GP 9.0 and GP 10.0
> using a second instance of SQL Server 2005, although I get a Dexterity
> Runtime error.  Is it necessary to have this second instance of SQL?  Any
> clues?  Thanks in advance.

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Standard & Enterprise Version
Hi All, We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Edition at DMZ to provide POP3 e-mail service. Our company is looking into a prodcut which will intergate with Exchange's public folder. According to database sizing, 75GB may not enough for future growth. Can I run Exchange 2003 Standard and Enterprise edition at the same Exchange orginization? Many Thanks, OldGhost On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:49:01 -0700, Oldghost <Oldghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Edition at DMZ to provide >POP3 e-mail servi...

Money 2007 #9
Hi, I'm back to money after a few years. I can't remember if it was quicken 2004 or Money 2004 that had a windows startup program. It showed bills due and you could add to your accounts without starting the program. I been looking for the program in Money 2007. Is it available? Thanks in advance. Jeff It was M2004 and got broke around the M2004/2005 era! Up to now MS haven't fixed it, but if enough people request, it might come back! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do...

Charting multiple multiples

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

distributing data into multiple cells

Excel Instances
My coworker is having a hard time getting more than one workbook to open in a single instance of Excel. It seems that no matter how we try to open the second workbook, a new instance of Excel is opened. "Ignore other applications" is not selected in Tools - Options. For kicks I tried selecting that as an option and it made no difference. Excel continued to open a new instance with every new file. Any suggestions? you COULD open workbook2 from File/Open, rather than double-clicking in windows explorer. "StephanieH" <StephanieH@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Single click selects multiple cells

ulead photo explorer 8.0 no longer works in windows vista
ulead photo explorer 8.0 used to work ok in windows vista. now it fails with a c++ runtime error. this occured just after today's microsoft windows update. looks like it "broke" the software. and so now i need an alternative. all i need is something that works a bit like ulead photo explorer - that is something to view, organise and print digial photos. something free would be nice, but it's ok if the cost is low. i don't need anything powerful. thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions. On Dec 12, 1:26=A0am, rpgs rock dvds <cccddd...@hotmail.co.uk&g...

Pass optional parameters to a method in a Dictionary (C#2.0) ?
Hi, We have some test code where we would want to invoke a method with optional parameters. In C# 4.0, I believe we could use named parameters, but we're using C# 2.0 I found a Dictionary solved my problem, but I'm not sure it's the best pattern for C# 2.0?. Could anyone please comment on whether or not there's a more appropriate pattern? Cheers artie EXAMPLE: public void AddToDatabase(Dictionary<string,object> fields) { string _surname = ""; string _city = ""; int _employeeId; if (fields.ContainsKey("...

Sending to multiple addresses

Telemarketing Add-On for Microsoft CRM 4.0
Hi, GrapeCity has created a Telemarketing Add-On for Microsoft CRM 4.0. You can access all the information on the Add-On (including a 30 day free trial version) by accessing the following link: www.grapecity.com/india/addons I would be elated to receive your comments, queries and feedback on the Add-On. Regards, Rahul Singh rahul.singh@grapecity.com www.grapecity.com/india/addons ...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Norton Internet Security 2006 and CRM 3.0 oulook Client
Hiya All, I'm new to the group and this is my first post - so please let me know if I vae inadvertently breached the group's etiquette. I run a Small Business Server 2003 with CRM 3.0 and Exchange - patched to SBS sp1. I have a problem with a rougue Outlook client .. this particular client runs Norton's Internet Security 2006. This box was also recently rebuilt completely with XP SP2. When Norton's is running, http://crm and http://companyweb is unavailable - Explorer window disappears completely. IP address of SBS box is added to nortons as an "Allowed" IP. This i...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

Feature Request for GP Advanced Security
- Speed it up! Many people say the "Decelerator" is processing. - What about adding an import/export option to save off security settings? (Similar to saving off modified reports to a package file) - Most important, a condensed, user readable report of current Security settings? We could really use something like this for auditing user security settings. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do no...

CRM 3.0 Dutch version
We have install 3.0 SBS and working now with this for 10 weeks. We have a lot problems with CRM 3.0: Using Build 3.053.00 We have fix a lot off all problems with help from this Discussion board. But the problems are ther many times Webclient crashes many times, we have update and patch the IE. Webklient has strange faults in the user interface, twice F F in search tabs Accounts. Slow start CRM server (SQL server) when use CRM not for more then 300 Min. User access trow Webclient an Internet. Most functions like sync E_mail, Contacts and sort off information with Outlook will work not as aspe...