Multicurrency Revaluation

I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars
and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency
is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes)

I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in
each of the currencies.

I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss
account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed.

When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try
to post it I get the following error and it will not post (the journal entry
is printed to the screen):

Cash                Credit $14.29
Unrealized Loss      Debit $14.29

The currency Id is not selected for this posting account (this message
appears on screen output)
Bank Fees    Debit $14.29
Unrealized Gain    Credit $14.29

I am not sure how I can resolve this issue as it looks like all
multicurrency is set up properly.

It has been quite some time since I have worked in the MC area, but the first
thing I would check is the Currency ID's assigned to the accounts that will
be posted to for the gain and loss from the originating currencies.  Do those
realized gain and loss accounts you have setup, allow posting from the
Currency ID's of Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars?

Cards > Financial > Account Currencies (That is the GP 9.0 navigation path).
--
Danelle R. Johnson
Microsoft Business Solutions

"VDebattista" wrote:

> I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars
> and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency
> is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes)
>
> I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in
> each of the currencies.
>
> I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss
> account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed.
>
> When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try
> to post it I get the following error and it will not post (the journal entry
> is printed to the screen):
>
> Cash                Credit $14.29
> Unrealized Loss      Debit $14.29
>
> The currency Id is not selected for this posting account (this message
> appears on screen output)
> Bank Fees    Debit $14.29
> Unrealized Gain    Credit $14.29
>
> I am not sure how I can resolve this issue as it looks like all
> multicurrency is set up properly.

Multicurrency #4
We have a customer who is not currently using Multicurrency but they plan to this year. They have several companies set up in GP but only one of the companies will be using multicurrency. I believe that once multicurrency is registered, it automatically applies to all companies within GP. Will they need to assign a functional currency to all companies in GP? You are correct Sue. They will have to assign the functional currency in all companies. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks Frank - for the comp...

MultiCurrency-
the functional currency of company is PKR(Pakistani rupees).i create & receive/invoice the purchase order in USD Dollar with exchange rate .at the time of payment when i apply the document againt an invoice the problems are 1.The exchange rate in PURCAHSE ORDER & RECEIPTS are zero . 2. when i only partial pay the vendor remaining amount convert into realized gain or loss account 3. when i fully paid the amount the all amount is credit in to realized gain or loss. ...

Paying Individual Invoices by Check and Multicurrency
We have a company with GBP functional currency. We are trying to back-load data and are having some difficulty when the invoice (and checkbook) are in an originating currency. When in an originating currency, the date on the Payable Check Entry is grayed-out. Since we would like to have accrurate historical invoice and payment records - this is a problem. Support suggests we enter the invoice, record a manual payment then apply. This is a total of three steps - two too many! I dread calling our UK office to give them the bad news. Is there anything I can do to make this work in le...

Multicurrency
Hello, We change our exchange rate on an annually basis. But we still have existing Purchase Orders with the old exchange rate where some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? We are using Great Plains 8.0 Service Pack 2. Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

MULTICURRENCY
Has anybody tried to implement a Multicurrency functionality in MS CRM Any ideas? Is it possible? > Has anybody tried to implement a Multicurrency functionality in MS CRM > Any ideas? Is it possible? No, it is not possible. It is a limitation of the actual version 1.2 (as well as 1.0). -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps. Microsoft Business Solutions Support Michael Schumacher (MS) (Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehmen. / This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

Multicurrency Reporting
All invoices were processed in USD $, however the reports are in CAD $. Is there any way to print Aged Trial Balance and / or Customer Statements in USD $? Thank you! In the aged trial balance with options or the Historical Aged trial balance, there is an option to "Include Multicurrency Info." This gives a different report with multicurrency. Have you tried that? "Don Leugers" wrote: > All invoices were processed in USD $, however the reports are in CAD $. Is > there any way to print Aged Trial Balance and / or Customer Statements in USD > $? > &g...

Multicurrency Setup
I created a new company, and copied the info from an existing company. Now, I am getting a multicurrency is missing. I went to add it, and it is telling me there is transactions posted. How can I fix this. I do not want to change the functional currency. Was the original company not setup for Multicurrency? If not, you're getting this error because the existing transactions from the other company don't have multicurrency data associated with them and GP can't add that data after transactions have been posted. What is the purpose of the new company? is it for test...

Does EDD support multicurrency?
Does EDD support multicurrency? We are getting an error message 'the string is non-numeric'. ...

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

Multicurrency Revaluation
I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes) I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in each of the currencies. I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed. When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try to post it I get the following error and it will not...

multicurrency apply
Why is my application of a manual payment creating a journal entry? I enter a PO in CAD, then match/recceive in BMD and create a manual payment in BMD. It creates GL entry on the apply and wants to make an entry to a/p control account and rounding. why? -- Doug Wilson Dynamics Consultant Emergence Bermuda ...

Void multicurrency check
Void a Dec multicurrency check in July - did not change "Date Voided" to July accidentally left as Dec so when posted to July GL used Dec exchange rate instead of July exchange rate and now US bank balance out - what's the best way to fix this problem? Can I "undo" the voided check? If anyone can help asap!!! Thanks You cannot un-void a void. Best action is a series of adjustments with notes attached. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at ht...

Multicurrency access
What difference will turning this on make to an exsiting company ? We setup our primary company without multicurrency access. A third-party software upgrade is needing this to be turned-on. Will anything else be affected ? TIA, Ken We have multicurrency and use it for some companies but not all. For the ones that don't use it, we still have to set it up, we just don't give access to any rates. Having it switched on doesn't do anything. I stongly advise you use the checklist to make sure you do everything in order (and correctly): Tools > Routines > Financial > ...

multicurrency #3
our functional currency is Canadian and we also use US $. We have a US chequebook set up using the US currency. We reconcile the chequebook each month to the bank statement. However we find that our g/l balance for the US accounts continues to go further and further from the chequebook reconciled balance. All transactions match - chequebook to g/l. Is there something that we are missing? Hi Kathie, Where are you getting your G/L balance from ? If you check Inquiry - Financial - Currency Summary you should see the balance in your Originating Currency ($U.S.) and this should match...

Effects on adding Multicurrency
We have a customer who purchased the Multicurreny module because they want to start using eConnect. 1. What affect will changing the reg keys have? 2. If Multicurrency won't actually be used in transactions, do we still have to assign a currency ID to every customer and vendor? Any other helpful info would be greatly appreciated. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Our Peering Groups change Visit : http://spacesst.com/peerin No, you won't need to assign a currency to every customer and vendor, but you will need to define a functi...

Business Portal Multicurrency Functionality #2
This is a must! North American companies need the ability to create purchase requisitions using Business Portal in currencies other than US $$. This should be considered for the next BP release. -- Jarrod Kraemer Cornerstone Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in ...

Disable multicurrency?
This morning, a user clicked to open a purchase order, and received the message: "Your multicurrency registration status has changed. Please check links on the Multicurrency Setup table." This was completed and things appeared to run smoothly. Another user just ran a purchasing report, and noticed that it is printing and lists Multicurrency Management at the top, instead of printing the modified report (MC Pop Received/Not Invoiced instead of the modified Pop Received/Not Invoiced report). They are not aware of any changes made to the system and multicurrency has not b...

multicurrency #2
We are using Great Plains for some time and we bought Multicurrency recently. What steps do we need to take to implement multicurrency functionality. The basics - once you select a functional currency and process a transaction, you can never change that functional currency. Read through the posts on the newsgroup to get a feel for the issues multi-currency can create. Determine how you want to set it up (perhaps with the assistance of you VAR or a consultant). A little planning now (and money) can save you a big headache in the future. We have multiple companies with different funt...

Multicurrency Transaction Difference
One of my customer having blank account with ROUND tpye in payables. they can fix by posting accounts setup. but thing is that this difference should not be there. e.g. they are booking invoicing in $ amounts and doing payments in other Functional Currency. Exchange rate is perfectly fine and running smoothly since a long time. suddenly 2 days back they got difference and blank distirbution account shows as ROUND type in Show apply to with Edit Check Distribution. Any suggestions??? thanks in advance... Regards, Sheikh Asif Are they using multiply or divide to calculate the rate? How many...

MDA and Multicurrency
Is MDA a Multicurrency Compliant? We have a Multi Currency Processing (In this Specific Case - Sales Order Processing) and had addtional tracking for Sales Accounts. When using Functional Currency it's fine, but the user tends to dislay the SOP Form in Originating currency and entering the Originating Values to the MDA Values. this is causing error as MDA only accepts the functional Currency to be able to Pot the Transactions. Ems Use the Provide Product Feedback link to enter this as a problem if you have confirmed it to be (https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?Site...

EDD and Multicurrency
We are using GP 10 with Business Portal and EDD. Does EDD support multicurrency? We are getting the error message in the SOP series: " error in file c:\windows\temp...blah blah blah.. The string is non-numeric"... This is a new company with multi-currency. ...

payment imports should be multicurrency enabled
when using CBM to import payments into the General Ledger, there is an option to slect the currency of the payments to be imported. Upon selecting a currency other than the functional, a message appears telling the user that 'The import function is not multicurrency enabled. However if I update the relevant tables in CBM via I/SQL, I am able to import non-functional currency payments. Doesn't sound to far off multi currency enabled to me. ...

deactivating Multicurrency
Hello: Is it possible to deactivate the use of Multicurrency Management in GP 10.0, if a company halts its international business divisions? Or, is the use of the module so pervasive that it is best to simply leave it in place without deactivating or disabling it? childofthe1980s You can use the Registration window to disable Multicurrency Management. This will bar access from any currency selection throughout the application even if Multicurrency is registered. You will still be able to see old transactions entered in other currencies if you need to inquiry these. Best regards, -- ...

MultiCurrency Issue
Hi, I just wanted to know how can I have multi currency in my product/discount catalog and also quotes/invoices. Regards, Sassan MultiCurrency is not supported out of box in Microsoft CRM v1.2. Folks have came us with creative ways, search this forum for threads on it. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Sassan Komeili Zadeh" wrote: > Hi, > > I just wanted to know how can I have multi currency in my product/discount > catalog and also quotes/invoices. > > Regards, > Sassan Hi, Thanks for your repl...

Multicurrency SOP trans out of balance.
We are on 10, SP2. I just set up Canadian currency although we had been using other foreign currencies previously. When we create an invoice in Canadian dollars for one item the extended price and subtotal are one amount and the invoice total is .01 (Canadian, US is OK) larger and the distribution is out of balance. We did not experience this in the other currencies. Any idea what causes this or how to keep this from happening? If it was a quantity of more than one I would think it was rounding. Thanks! Do you have an account setup for rounding? If your currency translation metho...