Multicurrency reporting #2

I am looking at the multicurrency set up window in MS Dynamics GP 10.0.  The
functional currency is US$.  The reporting currency is CD$.  The exchange
rate is 1.000

My questions are:
1.  Does this mean that the system is set up to have a one to one
realtionship between the two currencies?

2.  For what reports is this exchange rate relevant?

3.  How is this rate realted to the rate set up in the exchange rate table?

Thanks,
0
Rupal (2)

Hi Rupal,

In the window you mentioned please refer to the following help snippets:

Functional Currency
Enter the currency ID that represents the currency this company typically
uses for its business.

Reporting Currency
Enter or select the currency ID that represents the currency used in the
parent company's country/region. The reporting currency is used to convert
functional currency amounts to another currency on inquiries and reports. If
your functional and reporting currency are the same, the currency IDs entered
should be the same.

To answer you queries:

1,2)  The relationship between these currency is only in reports and
inquiries, i.e. the exchange rate you specofoed here will default to reports
and inquiries (muticurrency button) which most of the time can be overriden
in reports.

3)Valid rates in the exchange rate tables are intended to default in all
Transaction entry windows and can be overriden as well depending on your
setup in Multicurrency setup window.

Hope this adds clarity to your query.

Cheers,

Dennis Araullo, MACS
MCTS GP,CRM,AX
MCTIP Administrator 2008
CCEA

0
Dencio (69)

Crystal Reports 08-24-04
Does anyone use the Crystal Reports that comes with Visual Studio .NET for CRM? I am trying to find the most economical way to try Crystal Reports with CRM as a proof of concept. Barry Barry: They are very specific as which version of Crystal you use with CRM. It is my understanding that it has to be version 9.2.2. The Professional Edition of this version can be downloaded at: ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip The Developer Edition of this version can be downloaded at: ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRDev922.zip You will need a key to activ...

RMS 2.0 Error (gift cards)
Hi when ever I run a giftcard(mercuy) the rms closes and I lose the the transaction, but when I go online I do see it on mercury web reporting as being process but I dont see the transaction either on journal or my end of the day batch closing , this started after I upgraded it to 2.0 from 1.3 I do have netframe work 1.1 and 2.0 and all the hotfixes for them ! here is the error message I get: Database connection lost, application will be closed Error #-2147467259 [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).]General network error. Chech your network documentation. (Source:Microsoft OLE DB Provide...

Can't modify a report
i have been unable to modify the form: SOP blank order form. I can modify the form in report writer but my changes don't stay. if i print preview it, it doesn't show the modifications. if i select modify, report writer shows my modifications. i have allowed my user security access to the modified report but i must be doing something wrong. can somebody give me a step by step on how to modify the form? thanks in advance. When you gave yourself access to the report, did you make sure that you selected your company and not the sample company? Laura >-----Original Messag...

Reporting 10-29-07
We have a customized report that we run every month that we export to Excel. Is there a way that we can change the query on this report each month (since it is based on a monthly date) without having to create a whole new report? There has to be a way to do this so we can maintain the same formatting in Excel that we have done for that particular report. Please help. ...

Backgrounds in Excel #2
I want to be able to print the background in excel, and also when I PDF an excel file the background dissapears. How can I make it to print/view. Is there any way. Please help me. If there's a way to do it, would you please email me the steps to make it work. Thanks, Bianka ...

Average Question #2
Hi, I want to average the top two numbers with each other and then the next two numbers and so on down the list. The answer would be out to the right (or wherever) like I've shown in my example. 0.6429 0.6296 .6362 0.6721 0.6970 .6846 0.5370 0.5146 .5258 0.6491 0.6721 .6606 0.7143 0.7500 .7321 0.6296 0.6491 .6394 0.5475 0.5763 .5619 I have no idea how to do this. Probably simple. Thanks Say 0.6429 and 0.6296 are in cells A1 and A2, where you have written .6362 enter the formula =AVERAGE(A1:A2) instead of typing A1:A2 you can highlight the two cells you want to avera...

Loan Amortization Report?
Hi, I just got Money Deluxe and am playing with it. One of the primary purposes for my purchase was to do a loan amortization report - but when I click on that under reports, I don't get any of the options to create one, etc. Are other people having this problem? Do I have to set something up first to be able to use the report? Thanks, Sara Yes, set up a new loan and you'll be able to use it. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions,...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

SRS Sub Reports in POS 2009
What do you have to do to make SRS reports with sub reports work in POS 2009? The main report works but displays an error on the areas where the sub report information should appear. ...

interface error #2
Error message displays periodically "Your server administrator has limited the number of items that you can open simultaneously." We are running Outlook 2007 and Excnage 2003 Exchange 2003. Do I have to change settings in Exchange? ...

Page breaks #2
When I fill a page with data "Excel automatically starts a new page by inserting a page break for you." On a current filled page it inserted a page break correctly. Just 9 lines further it put another page break. I cannot get rid of it. The manual says to delete on put the cursor in the designated cell, click insert, then "remove page break." When I try this "insert" does not bring up the "remove" line to click on. It only does that if I want to delete a page break I placed manually. HELP! . . .and thanks. ...

Add Bin Location to Picklist Report
I had this setup in 7.5 but have since upgraded to 9.0 and can't seem to find how to add the Bin location to the Picklist Report. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, Eric ...

2 questions
hey, im making a timeline plan for school, and when i enter the date such a 3/2/06 it autocorrects it and changes it to 03/02/2006 which i dont hav enough room for. is there a way so it doesnt automatically change it? and the other is ive already typed up my table, disregarding the fac that the grey lines between each cell dont get printed. so how do i ad these lines so when i print it it comes out as a table, and can customise these lines? thanks for your help -- FAJIT ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAJITA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

Get The World's Strongest Cars & Bikes In Cheapest Price #2
Get The World's Strongest Cars & Bikes In Cheapest Price ''Used Motorcycles in Dubai'' ''Export used cars from USA '' ''Crystal Motorcycle Helmet'' ''Fantastic Touch-Up Paint '' ''Body & Exterior Report'' ''Honda Motorcycle Supplier'' ''Free Articles on Storage'' Just visit the site and click On That Category that you Want It'z Totaly Free Of Cost http://laxcars.blogspot.com ...

Need help with Report Layout
I am building report based on a query in Access 2007. In my query there are 7 fields that I am getting my data for the report from. How can I get four of these fields to repeat two additional times so that I will have three columns of the data for each field? I would think you could just copy and paste the controls to repeat them. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "Rodney Doucett" wrote: > I am building report based on a query in Access 2007. In my query there are ...

adding text #2
I am building a work schedule. I have different text and numerical codes for shifts (ob1, ob2, n, sac, 9-5, 1, AND ER) I want the schedule to add only the text I have in parenthesis. I want this to be a numerical value. I want it to ignore my day off code and Holiday Time(do, ht) Also after this I want another cell to show 12- the answer I received from the added days above. I do not want to change the format of my schedule. It has been used for years. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 98xp pro -- Jay Taylor I'm not clear on what you want. First you say you want the schedule to add on...

superscript of report ex( Mey 12 2008) 12 in superscript
superscript of report ex( Mey 12 2008) 12 in superscript Is this meant to be a question? Evi "help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B954A6DD-C84B-424B-9911-50A747EA984B@microsoft.com... > superscript of report ex( Mey 12 2008) 12 in superscript ...

2 sheets and a select
Hi, i'm creating a form which should use 2 sheets to display actual price for each services. for that i have 2 sheets "services" and "services_price" in "services" sheet, i have: id Service Activated 1 S1 - Storage Y 2 S2 - Email Y 3 S3 - Internet Y 4 S4 - Intranet Y 5 S5 - mass printing N 6 S6 - Installation PC Y in "services_price", i have: id Starting date Ending date price 1 01.01.2010 31.12.2010 15.00 1 01.01.2009 31.12.2010 17.50 3 01.01.2010 31.07.2010 5.00 4 01.01.2009 31.12.9999 50.00 5 01.01.2009 31.0...

Excel XP, I Need Help #2
Many thanks to the wise ones from the computer stupid ; -- XSmok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- XSmoky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1642 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27796 ...

Totals in Report Footer to be printed on same page as last group
I'm sure this is a simple question with a simple answer, but can't think why I can't see a previous response to this. I have a report, it has a report header,page header, grouping header, detail, group footer, page footer, report footer. There is a force new page after group footer so each group is on a separate page. At the end of the last group, I would also like to include the report footer total. Is this possible? Thanks Wendy ...

2 users using Outlook 2007 in Win7
I am trying to set up OUTLOOK 2007 on a 2nd account on my computer. I am the administrator. I open the 2nd account on my Win7 machine. I open MSOFFICE, select Outlook 2007. The program shows the migration window, but then errors as follows: "Cannot open default e-mail folders. File access denied. You do not have permission required to access C:\users\owner\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst". I had 2 user accounts in XP and was using Outlook in both accounts. When I transferred to Win7, I an able to successfully use Outlook on one account, but need to set up ...

linking #2
how do you link sheets together, like i have i the totals in 5 or 6 different sheets and on the last sheet i want the grand total. i need help!! Its pretty simple! You can simply write a formula which looks like this =SUM(Jan:Apr!D3) where, Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr are 4 sheets and i am writing the formula in another sheet named Total. If your data is exaly on the same location in all sheets, you can simply use this formula instead of saying =Jan!B4+Feb!B4+Mar!B4+Apr!B4 Hope this helps. ...

excel stopped working #2
loaded new antivirus software and now I cant open my excel files. I get a window stating "cant find file mso97.dll " I think new software quarantined it Can you open the files if you disable the AV software? On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:05:05 -0700, bathcrest <bathcrest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >loaded new antivirus software and now I cant open my excel files. I get a >window stating "cant find file mso97.dll " I think new software quarantined it What AV did you load? "bathcrest" <bathcrest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Grouping in a Report
I have created a report that is grouped by job. within the job it tells me expenses and income per job within 4 accounts. I want to group the report as well by the event date with the oldest job first. I have tried multiple ways of grouping but each time it does not group the jobs by date as they are. Is there a way I can take this existing report and get the oldest job to be in ascending order based on the event date. In the sorting and grouping dialog box add the event date, but don't use a group header or footer, just sort on each value (ascending). -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http...

Trouble. Visio 2003 SP1 ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD #2
I got a trouble using Visio 2003 SP1 ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD. I want to import org data from Exchange using ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD and customize the fields to load and draw in the shapes. So, I found HOWTO articles in MSDN and also in Office Online Assistance. The article name - "Create an organization chart from a data file using the command line or Run method" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010384221033.aspx. Also I used examples from Microsoft Office Visio Code Librarian to write a C# solution. This solution will help me to automate the process of generation...