MS Dynamics GP 10.0 SP3 - Workflow installation problems

Dear All

Previously i've managed to successfully install Workflow on a client's
live server.

This is after 1-week of many support calls and emails.

Now funnily enough; i'm replicating the same installation procedures
on 2 virtual server images. Here's the basics

Server 1 (AD/Domain Controller)
Windows Server 2003 Std Ed
SQL Server 2008
GP 10.0

Server 2 (Webserver)
Windows Server 2003 Std Ed
MOSS 2007 SP1
GP 10.0 - Web Services
GP 10.0 - MS Sharepoint Wizard

As it is; i've checked and double checked everything is working, .NET
Frmwrk 1,2,3 and 3.5. IIS, MSDTC, ASP.NET 1 & 2, and all current
Windows updates and domain users etc. I think i'm all set meeting the
prerequisites.

After all that; i'm still getting the age old Workflow Installation
Fatal Error message
"InstallSystemSecurityMetadata.exe returned -532459699"

I've even reverted to MS KB942001 for a checklist of problems that are
resolved and i still cant find out why Workflow wont install. It cant
be that one day you can install it on 2 live servers and the next when
u try and repeat the process on 2 virtuals everything works but
Workflow wont install. Any help out there please?
0
LimSM

So there i have it; solved the problem. Not really.

I just re-formatted the GP/Active Directory Server and re-install
everything from scratch.

So let's recap what the results of searching this forum will get you;
here's the ingredients

*(The following Information is based on Windows Server 2003 SP2; SQL
Server 2008 Standard; MS Office Sharepoint Server 2007 SP2; GP10.0
SP4)

1) You MUST HAVE 2 Windows 2003 Servers. Virtual and/or physical
doesn't matter. But they must be able to communicate with each other.
You Cannot use Server 2008 and above.
	*(I recommend new clean server installs.)
2) .Net Framework 2, 3, 3.5
	*(Latest patched updates)
3) IIS and ASP.NET 2.0 services running
	*(Normally WinServer 2003 will Default turn ON ASP.NET 1. You'll need
to run/Enable ASP.NET 2.0 through command prompt. Google Search the
net for "Enable ASP.NET 2" for instructions how-to)
4) 1x (ONE) Active Directory Server (Domain Controller) *(Use one of
the Servers in (1))
5) A Copy of Microsoft Dynamics KB Article 942001 (as a checklist for
trouble-shooting)
6) MS SQL Server 2008 (2005 should be ok as well; but since my install
was using this; why change? :))
7) 5x (FIVE) Domain USER Profiles (Standard), 2x (TWO) Domain
ADMINISTRATOR profiles (with local/Domain admin rights as well as
remote access rights)
8) Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS) 2007 SP1 (or later). NOT
TO BE MISTAKEN FOR WINDOWS SHAREPOINT Server (WSS)
9) 1x (ONE) Dedicated "webserver" - Server to host GP Web Services,
MOSS, Workflow (Use the 2nd server in (1))
10) A set of the GP WebServices & Workflow Installation guides
11) A list of at least 5-ports (HTTP) that are going to be allocated
to the webserver IIS webpages. Preferably something between
10000-40000.

Got all the ingredients ready? So lets get started cooking! Do note
that this is not a detailed walkthrough or step-by-step. It requires
that you have first-hand knowledge of Windows Server 2003 installation
& setup as well as some familiarity with GP 10.0 installation. Also
make sure you have the WebServices & Workflow Installation Guides on
hand! All this is just MY Version of added information that proves
useful (to me) for helping me install GP10.0 Workflow.

1) Setup the IP of the servers. Try and use something that's not the
same IP as your domain network (if you happen to be using the same
network infrastructure while making this WorkFlow installation). For
the WebServer though; when setting the IP; see if the Preferred/
Primary DNS points to the GP/AD Server. It'll Make domain login
authentication abit faster for you. Also; you may want to use remote
desktop/VNC to help you move between the 2 servers (physical/virtual)
faster.

2) Convert 1x (ONE) of the servers into a Active Directory Domain
Controller. Allow the Windows 2003 to auto-setup the Server Roles as
well as the DNS server role. Let's call this the GP/AD server, because
this server we're going to install the base GP modules as well. Enable
the File Server role as well.

3) Create the 5x Domain Users (4x to be used by MOSS installation
(User #1-4). 1x to be used by GP web services install) and 2x Domain
Administrators. Label them accordingly so that it'll be easier for you
to track when Windows Server runs the services. Refer to the "Workflow
installation guide" pg 31 for the user types.

4) On the "webserver" ; set it up to connect to join the GP/AD Server
domain.

5) Install SQL Server onto the GP/AD Server.

6) Install the standard GP10.0 modules as well as FABRIKAM sample
database.

7) Test GP10.0 operational status. Just run and load the Fabrikam to
see if GP works fine.

*** The GP/AD Server is now done. Now we move onto the WebServer where
all the installation work starts. Remember to keep your copy of the GP
WebServices & Workflow Installation Guide's on-hand for your
reference!! *****

8) Create a new IIS Web-site in the WEBSERVER. DO NOT use the default
website (the one using Port 80)

9) In the WEBSERVER; Install GP Web Services using 1x of the Domain
User credentials to install. Make sure NOT TO USE the DEFAULT IIS
WebPage. *(That's why I told you to create one in step-8)

10) Install MS Sharepoint. When running the "SharePoint Products and
Technologies Configuration Wizard" setup; use the DOMAIN USER #1.
Refer to your own list of HTTP Port numbers that you've specially
allocated for this project. MOSS will use that port for its own
configuration

11) Install the hotfixes if necessary. *(Due to me using the latest
MOSS 2007 SP1 and .Net Framework patches; I didnt need and couldnt
install the hotfixes  as they're already outdated by the latest
installation)

12) Start "Sharepoint 3.0 Central Administration" and start activating
the SharePoint Services. Goto the "Topology & Services" > "Services on
Server" configuration screen. According to the Install Guide; you need
to turn on what's necessary. I find if you turn them ALL ON; you'll
get things working. When Turning ON the services; use the spare Domain
\Administrator#2 or DOMAIN\USER#1 profile. THis will help things move
along further because the SSP and webApp actually need to use the
LoadBalancer and Index Search modules to operate. Dont understand the
last sentence? dont worry, you will soon enough.

13) Create at least 3x (Three) Web Applications. *(Read the -
=optional=- sections in the Install guide? I say this is MANDATORY)
	WebApp i) This will be used by the SSP program later to act as its
own configuration screen. Install/Create this using the DOMAIN\USER#2
	WebApp ii) This will be the "MYSITES" you find in the Install guide.
Supposedly, Its the webapp that will be used by GP10.0 to display/
store the individual domain\users GP information. Install/Create this
using the DOMAIN\USER#2
	WebApp iii) The actual webapp that GP Workflow will use for itself
during the installation. Install/Create this using the DOMAIN\USER#4

14) Create the SSP (Shared Service Provider). Use the WebApp (i) as
its "Web Application" and Web App (ii) as its "My Site location". Use
Domain\USER#3 as its "SSP Credentials".

15) Test the SSP as per the Workflow Install Guide.

16) Add all 4x MOSS Domain\USERs and the 1x Domain\Administrator to
the permissions list.

17) Start Install GP10.0 Workflow

18) Start Praying............

Now here's the DONT'S of GP10.0 WorkFlow installation
1) GP10.0 Workflow CANNOT BE INSTALLED on a Active Directory Domain
Controller Server *(Basically it has to be on a 2nd server)
2) GP10.0 Workflow CANNOT BE INSTALLED on Windows 2008
3) DO NOT USE the Default IIS WebPage/Port 80. You're asking for a lot
of trouble.
4) DON'T think this guide is a gospel to fixing your error problem. it
doesnt. I'm just helping you plan ahead of what extra's you need when
installing GP10.0 workflow; not telling you step-by-step.

So if anybody else has more to contribute; please do so! 'Cos i never
could find out what was causing the error "-532459699" even after 2
repeated clean installs. But i do know that these were the steps i
used and after the 3rd & 4th attempt it was fine! I hope this is of
some help to some of you people
0
LimSM

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Dynamics 10.0 and VBA Form
I have created a VBA Form that is opened by clicking a button added by modifier. The form is used to select from a list of Crystal Reports that can be run from the window. In GP 9.0 the VBA Form opened on top of the GP form, with both Dynamics Form and VBA form being visible In Dynamics 10, when the form opens, it minimizes the GP window that has the button that activates the form, but only if the main Dynamics 10 menu window is not minimized. If I minimize the main Dynamics 10 Menu window, but leave the GP window visible, then click the button, the VBA Form opens on top of the GP form...

problem with GetStandardColorSpaceProfile ()
Hi, I am using the code given below to get Lab colorspace profile. The function returns zero(i.e, Fails) and the GetLastError() returns 2, i.e, 'The system cannot find the file specified. '. Can anyone help me to get the profile file belonging to Lab colorspace. The function fails to other colorspaces also. BOOL the_bError = ::GetStandardColorSpaceProfile (NULL,SPACE_Lab,the_iclrprofile,&the_size); int i = GetLastError(); Thank you. Deepak Do you have any registered profiles under SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM\RegisteredProfiles ? ...

Picklist 10-14-04
How can I configure the picklist values for contact role. Thanks, Deepak From the Home Page in the CRM web client go to System Settings > Customization > Contacts > Customize Form. Double click the field you want to edit and its properties window will open. On the values tab, you will be able to add or edit values for the picklist. "Deepak" wrote: > How can I configure the picklist values for contact role. > > Thanks, > > Deepak > ...

MS Outlook 2007

MS Exange connection

Calculated field 05-12-10
I need to calculate many fields based on one start date and I need the calculations to count by month. For example first visit is 4/25/2010 The first calculated field must be 5/25/2010 +/- 7 days This is the first time I've had to do a calculated field where the next visit must be the exact day of the next month and not just the generic "30 days" Is there an easy way to do this? Thank you Lori Hi, Go to online help and look for DATESERIAL function. I think that should help you out. "LoriP" wrote: > I need to calculate many fields based ...

GP will not start
All of our users currently use remote desktop to access Great Plains. Today, several people were logged and working when the program started hanging. Now, no one can even login - the program hangs before the login prompt. In addition, FrX at the same time started getting the following error when trying to run a report: Couldn't get printer information. Make sure you have a default printer. When we use the remote desktop to go to a different computer to use GP, everything seems to work fine. Has anyone ever seen this or have a clue what might be causing this? Laura Laura, It ...

E-mailing problems
Dear all, I encountered several problems with the email functionality within dynamics CRM 4.0. Here are the problems: - Direct mailing When sending a mail to more than two contacts the mails are never delivered. Sending an email to a single contact, it works fine. Sending an email to more the one contact via the standard email activity works also fine. - Quick campaign After creating a quick campaign and sending the email, the status reason is still pending and not delivering the emails. There are no entries within the quick campaing except the reason status and the contacts selected. ...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

how to join dynamic SQL results with another query
Hi Everybody, I'm using dynamic SQL to execute a pivot query for a sales report since the column names will change by month. The very last statement is "EXECUTE sp_executesql @query", where @query is my pivot query string. How do I join these results with another query so as to get one resulting dataset? For example, here's my "other query" results: SELECT 1 AS [CustId], 'ABC Corp.' AS [CustName] UNION ALL SELECT 2 AS [CustId], 'Microsoft' And here's my pivot query results: SELECT 1 AS [CustNum], 35.99 AS [Jan_Sales], 104.5...

MS Money 2005 Basics

Delete Query 03-27-10
Please Help - I have searched the posts and have found some ideas, but nothing seems to work. Here is the sql statement Error 3086 resolutions do not apply as far as i can determine DELETE DISTINCTROW DistributedAnalyst.*, DistributedByMaterial.Material FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial ON DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material WHERE (((DistributedByMaterial.Material) Is Null)); Thanks in advance On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:55:01 -0700, dmoney <dmoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please Help - I have searched the posts...

test 04-09-10
test ...

MS CRM Certification question

problem code 800700CB
I have a problem, with the actualization for my laptot. show these: Wrong code 800700CB Hello Enrique, Please include what version of Windows, Service Pack, and perhaps what other antivirus or antimalware software you may have installed, Security suite and firewall, etc. etc. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 What updates ? Ǝиçεl ©¿©¬ -=- "Enrique" wrote: > I have a problem, with the actualization for my laptot. > > show these: > > Wrong code 800700CB > > > > ...

Problem with Flash in WLM
Hello, I made a signature for my emails which contains a Flash animation. However, when I try to insert the signature, I get a popup telling me that: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either: 1)Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or 2)You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls As a result, the page might not display correctly." Where in WLM can I change my settings so the animation shows, as at the moment I am only getting an empty square. I use Windows 7 Ultimate and Firefox as my defa...

Having an issue with CRM 3.0 Client
It seems as though when someone is tracking things into CRM from Outlook sometimes it appears that it cannot find CRM and the client stops working. I am unable to synch and I am unable to track anything into CRM. I have been uninstalling the Client and then reinstalling it. I don't want to have to do that. Is anyone out there experiencing the same issues? I really want to know if it is a bug in the new version of CRM 3.0 or if there is another solution to the problem? What version of the Laptop client are you running and have you applied all the latest patches/fixes for the cl...

MS Access

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...