MRP V10 Move In and Move Out

Service Pack 1,  has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not
working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates?

I seem to be able to create a situation,  where if I change the MO Due date
or change the Sales Order In House Date,  (change one OR the other so they
dont align with each other)  MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the
existing.  MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand.

For example:

MO Due Date 07/1/2008
Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008

If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO
alone)

MRP will suggest a new MO for the 6/27/08 date

Has anyone else run into this?
--
Doug
0

Doug,

You are not alone - we are currently experiencing the same exact issues.

I am currently working with my Microsoft Partner and MBS Support but
unfortunately the gist of the answer we have received from Microsoft so far
is that "The system is working per design specifications".

Unfortunately those design specs don't make any logical sense in a real
manufacturing environment.  I think you'll find (if you dig deeper) other
related issues having to do with calculating quantities and how the data
fields in the Item Resource Planning window currently works that are equally
ridiculous in this context.

There was one small fix to MRP that was supposed to be implemented in SP2
but it definitly doesn't address the move-in/move-out issues.

As of yet I have not received any sort of ETA on a resolution for these
problems.

Sadly my organization was one of the early adopters of v10 (even though we
waited 6 months after SP1 had been released) so there wasn't any negative
feedback for us to go on.

I would recommend that no one upgrade to GP10 if they plan on using MRP &
the manufacturing modules until this is resolved.

-Brian

"Doug" wrote:

> Service Pack 1,  has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not
> working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates?
>
> I seem to be able to create a situation,  where if I change the MO Due date
> or change the Sales Order In House Date,  (change one OR the other so they
> dont align with each other)  MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the
> existing.  MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand.
>
> For example:
>
> MO Due Date 07/1/2008
> Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008
>

> If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO
> alone)
>
> MRP will suggest a new MO for the 6/27/08 date
>
> Has anyone else run into this?
> --
> Doug

Moving from One Note 2003 to One Note 2007
Can I export my 2003 notes into OneNote 2007? Any other way of showing my 'old' notes from OneNote 2003 in my new software (2007?) OneNoteDAD wrote: > Can I export my 2003 notes into OneNote 2007? Any other way of > showing my 'old' notes from OneNote 2003 in my new software (2007?) If you open the notebooks in ON2010 they will automatically be converted. Pls note: This is a one-way-street. There is no way to downgrade the notebooks once they are in the new format. So make sure that you have backups in case you would want to further work with ON2003. ...

MRP and Advanced Distribution
Does anyone know how/if MRP and Advanced Distribution work together? We have a raw materials warehouse that acts as a distribution center for production facilities. Problem is that MRP tells us to buy for the production facilities rather than telling us to transfer from the DC. Any help from Advanced Distribution (or something else) for this? Thanks in advance. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_A6E610DD Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jim, Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Great Plains Newsgroup. I am not completely sure what the MRP product d...

Move rule not working
I am running Outlook 2003. I have created a single rule to move an incoming e-mail to another folder if it comes through a particular account. It does not work. However once it is in the inbox, if I go to the rules drop down and have it run now on the inbox it moves it. Any suggestions. Neal Managed to solve my own problem. This is a new laptop computer. It came with some Norton trial version of anti-span, virus, internet stuff. I logged off the the Norton program and the rules worked. I logged back into Norton and they still worked. Who would have guessed. "Neal&quo...

Frustration Moving OE6 addresses to Outlook 2003
Very Frustrated I'm still unable to get my OE6 addresses into Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP machine. It looks like it should be a no brainer I've tried three ways as below =96 none worked. 1. In Outlook a. Click Import/Export, Mail, Addresses, Rules b. Click Addresses c. Click OE6 Result =96 =930 addresses imported=94 2. In OE6 a. Click File | Export | Address Book b. Select Text file | Export c. Save File as c:\addresses.csv d. Export, Save Next e. Check off desired fields f. Finish Result =93Error Exporting the Address Book=94 3. In OE6 a. C...

Moving page up and down with arrow keys instead of individual cel.
I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving up/down/left/right in individual cells, I am moving the whole page. Any Ideas? Thanks Ike most probably you accidently hit the scroll lock button. press the scroll lock button again. >-----Original Message----- >I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving up/down/left/right >in >individual cells, I am moving the whole page. Any Ideas? >Thanks >Ike >. > Scroll lock turned on? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ike" wrote: > I must have hit a control function. Now instead of moving u...

Copy or Move
Dear All I have lot of work sheets in one excel work book , i want all work sheet in one sheet. is there any possiblities to move all sheet to one sheet without coppy or cut and paste thanks You can use a macro to copy or move the data for you. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Fareez" wrote: > Dear All > I have lot of work sheets in one excel work book , i want all work sheet in > one sheet. is there any possiblities to move all sheet to one sheet without > coppy or cut and paste > thanks > Hi, look into Ron web http://www....

Excel
In excel 2002, after i enter data the cursor will move after a couple of seconds. I don't press any key. (not enter or tab). Does anyone know how to turn this off? Try Tools|Options and on the Edit tab, uncheck "Move selection after Enter" Jerry mitzi wrote: > In excel 2002, after i enter data the cursor will move after a couple of > seconds. I don't press any key. (not enter or tab). Does anyone know how to > turn this off? you can try one more trick after entering instead of hitting <enter> hit <control+enter>. the value will be entered bu...

Move Exchange '03 from one server to another?
Hi, I've gotta move exchange onto another machine but cannot find any documentation on this for V2003. Is it as simple as moving the information store and pointing the clients to the new server? Thanks in advance The simplest method would be to install the new server into the Administrative Group, then moving the mailboxes to the new server. Wait about a week before decommissioning the old server, this way when your Outlook clients login, because the server is in the same Admin group, they will automatically be redirected to the new server without you having to manually change their ...

Move data to another sheet
I am trying to move data from one worksheet to another moving only lines with data. This is what I have A B C D E F Cost Code ...

Reminders stopped working when data files were moved
My data files were moved from one server to another and then the reminders, for both tasks and calender ceased to work. Is there something about moving the files that can cause this? thanks John First thing to try is to open Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command line switch to see if it helps. Check out this article for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286166/en-us "Spider" <spiderspoon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jpvPf.967$dy4.78@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > My data files were moved from one server to another and then the > reminde...

Moving from a form to a Nested Subform elsewhere on the form
I have tried umpteen different ways to do this, but cannot get my head around the complex syntax... I double-click on a form control and want to go to a 2nd Subform elsewhere on the Mainform. My Mainform is called: 'frm_Runs' My 1st 'target' Subform is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Main' My ultimate target Subform2 is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Sub' My ultimate control on Subform2 is called: [Joiner_Title_ID] How do I get there? The code I have below just goes to the [Joiner_Title_ID] control that is on my 'departure' form Forms!frm_Runs!frm_Street_...

Tabbing to move between cells
I have been using Excel quite a bit, but recently have been having a problem with certain spreadsheets. Sometimes when I press the tab key the page jumps over rather than the cell. Other times the arrow keys will respond the same way--moving the page over, but not changing the active cell. The strange thing is it effects different spreadsheets at different times. They are not shared or locked and I have not changed any of the options. Hopefully someone out there will recognize my problem -- Thanks, Cassi -- Thanks, Cassi When that happens, you might check Tools | Options | Tranis...

Moving mailboxes between 5.5 organisations?
Taken-over company needs to move 5.5 mailboxes into the parent organisation's existing 5.5 infrastructure. Many users, large mailboxes, need to migrate a whole server overnight ... you know what I mean. We've heard of tools that will set up a "replica" mailbox on a new server in the new organisation ahead of time, so that when it comes to migration time the bulk of the data moving is already done and we just have to make the users active on the new server. Can't find anything answering to this description on the web ... anyone have a pointer to such a tool? Or a good ...

Year end closing, V10 BRL SP2
A client has performend a year end closing. During this process het got an SQL memory error, but he continued his work and after a couple of days he asked for help. Thus restore was not an option. I fixed the retainend earning account with KB 871658 and the BS and P&L are o.k., but now a financial detailed history trial balance has no data. Summary is o.k. I found that the detailed information is still in GL20000 table instead of GL30000. Is theire a way to move the detailed information from Open Year to History? -- Toni Hi Toni, Does the failed GL yearend process yiel...

Move mail boxes
I want to move some mail boxes to another exchange 5.5 server at another site and domain Can you help I have searched the knowledge base and can only find information on moving mailboxes from 5.5 to 2000 You'll need to use the Exmerge utility. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Peter Todd" <computechplus@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:037f01c3d6a4$9c464f60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I want to move some mail boxes to another exchange 5.5 > server at another site and domain > Can you help > I...

mrp
- For a bill of material of 8 levels, - Level 8 and 4 is habitual, with order policy in Item Resource Planning (Lot-for-Lot) - Level 7.6.5.3.2.1 is phantoms I need that MRP generates order planned for level 4 , is possible? YES -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Co-product" wrote: > - For a bill of material of 8 levels, > > - Level 8 and 4 is habitual, with order policy in Item Resource Planning > (Lot...

Moving computers #2
I moving computers. Which files do I need to move to transfer the address book that I had been using in Outlook 97? Outlook97 uses a .pab extension for the address book <mark.wallace@mawallace1.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:1123851605.363832.253800@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I moving computers. Which files do I need to move to transfer the > address book that I had been using in Outlook 97? > Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Moving email and address book to new drive
I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk. I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old drive. Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would all...

move selection after enter into cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Upon entering data into a cell, I do not want to move to another cell when I hit Return. In the older version of Excel I used to be able to go into Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck Move Selection after Enter. How can I accomplish this in the 2008 version? thanks Aha - you've revealed yourself as a Windows user :-) Mac OS has never had Options, it uses Preferences instead. Go to Excel> Preferences> Edit where you can specify Up, Down, Left, Right from the list or clear the check to not have the se...

MRP Mystery
I'm trying to figure out why some components in a BOM are being reflected properly after MRP regeneration and other components in the same BOM are not. I've checked the Item Resource Planning settings and Item Engineering settings on each of the component items I'm testing and all appear to have valid planning data at the initial values setting and for the specific site called out in the BOM. Each of the items I'm reviewing are several layers deep in the BOM. My control item is 5 layers in. The other component items I'm checking against are in levels 4, 5 and 6. ...

Moving items from one department to another in bulk.
We would like to merge all items in department "A" to be in department 'B". What is the query wording for this task. Thank you, ...

code for moving to new record in datasheet view
Access 2003 What's the vba code for moving to a new record when in datsheet view. Here's what I've tried but is errors saying the subform is not opened and yet this code is on an event in the subform: If cmbInvLU <> 289 Then DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "Forms!frmWOTRH![frmWOTRL subform].Form", acNewRec Thanks for your help. SAC, Since your already in the subform... try... DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html &quo...

Bad Move
I (foolishly) moved my Access 2007 Database and corresponding Templates by using "Cut and Paste." Now when I attempt a merge, I get "5151 Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt." When I open the templates, I notice that the Bookmarks show and are listed, but the goto button won't light up. Restore didn't help. Any suggestions? -- Scafidel Lafayette, Louisiana The first problem is probably caused because you have a hard-coded path in the Access application that needs to change now that you've moved the templates to a different direc...

Move Exchange 2000
I need to move an existing Exchange server with ~60 users to a new PC. I would also like to upgrade to Exchange 2003 at the same time. I've looked at the process for moving an exchange server to a new PC and it looks like a pain in the tush. So I'm thinking I might just be better off to run a new install of Exchange 2003 on the new PC, recreate all the users and then just import the old mail. What do you think? Is the existing Exchange 2000 or 2003? Are you already in AD environment? If you already have AD, you won't need to recreate users. Simply install another...

move files in XP
Hi The following macro takes files that are in one directory, and puts them in a newly created directory. This works in Excel 2000 running on 98, but does not work in Excel 2000 running on XP (I put a On Error goto line before the rename directory lines, and in XP it jumps and does not create the new directory. In 98 it creates the directory (Before running this macro, there is a dir called "one" in the "oldname" directory. I have heard that XP will not create a new diredtory this way Can anyone tell me how to do this in XP Thank you very muc Sub xp98( Dim OldName ...