Moving GP Capture Scripts

The SQL capture scripts to move from one server to another do NOT work under
SQL Server 2005. You get all kinds of violation message about password policy
violations. Theyn must be rewritten for SQL Server 2005.
0
RichWheeler (196)

Moving license to a new computer

Deleting a Company in GP 8.0
I wanted to delete a test company and recreate a new test company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2000's Enterprise Manager before deleting it within Great Plains. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. -- Bob Bob, If you delete the D...

Safe to Move?

Accessright Homepage GP-V10
Is it possible to avoid that certain users can see Metrics on the Home page ? -- Toni Yes, it is possible! Metrics are integrated with MS Dynamics GP security. If you deny access to Metrics Details window, the metrics webpart will not show up on the Home Page and the user will not have the ability to add or change even if he/she attemps to customize his/her home page. If all you are trying to do is to hide the Metrics on the Home Page without affecting security, you can run the following T-SQL statement: update DYNAMICS..SY08100 set Visible = 0 where SectionID = 3 and UserID = '...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Manufacturing Pick Number problem in GP 9
We are seeing an issue in the Manufacturing Component Trx Entry window that is disruptive to our inventory department. Every so often, someone will accidentally type an MO number (for example, MO00000001) into the Manufacturing Pick Number field. We currently use MOPCK000000000001 as the format for the Pick Number. When they accidentally type the MO in this field, there is no warning that they have broken the system. If they attempt to exit the window or clear the document, it asks them if they wish to Save, Delete or Cancel. If they hit Save or Delete, the MO Pick Number format is ...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

Moving Folder error

GP Job Cost
Hello: A client that has just purchased Manufacturing for GP 9.0 has some interest in dumping Wenn Soft for the GP Job Cost module. But, I was reviewing this module and not seeing any integration to the General Ledger. Why is that, and does anyone know of a way to link this module to the General Ledger somehow? childofthe1980s ...

Moving between worksheets

Rule or script to change account?
Two email accounts: abc@def.com zyx@wvu.com If any header contains "spitfire" reply using the zyx@wvi.com address, no matter which address the original email was sent to. Yes, I already know I can do it manually. Can it be done automatically? Mark Kolber Denver, Colorado ======================= email? Remove ".no.spam" ...

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

GP database recovery mode
Hi, It appears that database created by GP appears to be in 'Simple' recovery mode. Is this by design? It prevents backing up transaction logs. For the time being, I’ve disabled the job that (attempts) to do a transaction log backup, and set the full backup job to occur every 4 hrs. Is there any way I can backup the transaction logs too. Thanks, Sri Sri, GP databases are created using the Simple Recovery Model by default, not by design. Which means that you can always go back to SQL Server Management Studio and change the database recovery model to Full Recovery Model. Once...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Advanced Email Formatting/Scripting
Using Outlook 2003, I just received an email whose title and sender both appear in red in my inbox, and I cannot forward this email to anyone. Does anyone know how either of these two unusual functions are performed? ...

How to move a file?
When saving a document into a file I'd like to move the old version into a backup directory (and rename it using the date and time). Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. But does the OS have a way to move a file without copying? Pat Crowe wrote: > When saving a document into a file I'd > like to move the old version into a backup directory > (and rename it using the date and time). > Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. > > But does the OS have a way to move a file > without copying? You could try: BOOL MoveFileEx(LPCTSTR lpExistin...