Monitor inactive connections

We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Great Plains.
They'll go to lunch without logging out, or go home for the night, etc.  Is
there a product or feature that monitors inactive connections and logs them
off or terminates them after a period of inactivity?

Thanks,

Reid

0
warrex (71)

This would be a great feature. This is a battle i constantly fight to get
people to log out when they leave.
Robert
"Reid" <warrex@cox.net> wrote in message
> We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Great
> Plains. They'll go to lunch without logging out, or go home for the night,
> etc.  Is there a product or feature that monitors inactive connections and
> logs them off or terminates them after a period of inactivity?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Reid

0
rfann (135)
6/13/2006 7:21:26 PM
All,

Winthrop consulting has, I think, a module that does this- or at least as
close as you can get in a Dexterity based application.  There isn't a way in
Dexterity to monitor activity directly but the closest you can come to is
monitor certain scripts like the Security script in great plains which runs
whenever you access a new resource like open a window or write to a file.
So in the course of the day you'll enter in a customer, then lookup a
transaction, then enter a new transaction, then run a report etc etc etc.
That causes security to run and therefore you "know" that the user is doing
something.

To make sure everything is safe, when the timout expires the app will shut
down the system simulating if the user pressed File | Exit.  So if nothing
is pending the logout will happen.  Otherwise you maybe get a "are you sure
you want to...." dialog which woudn't be answered because noone is there to
do that.  So while not perfect, that's a good way to play it or risk data
damage (for instance perhaps the user is posting a big job and the timer
goes off, you don't want to shut down the client in mid-post).

So all in all, pretty good I think.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Reid" <warrex@cox.net> wrote in message
> We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Great
Plains.
> They'll go to lunch without logging out, or go home for the night, etc.
Is
> there a product or feature that monitors inactive connections and logs
them
> off or terminates them after a period of inactivity?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Reid

0
prot1 (1345)
6/14/2006 1:01:41 AM
What about a server-based product?  I noticed with GP v9 on SQL 2000 that
the Application and Host values are still not provided to the server by GP,
so it would be difficult to distinguish a GP connecton from Query Analyzer,
etc.  The appplication would be a little bit easier to maintain overall if
this basic connectivity info were provided.

"Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> Winthrop consulting has, I think, a module that does this- or at least as
> close as you can get in a Dexterity based application.  There isn't a way
> in
> Dexterity to monitor activity directly but the closest you can come to is
> monitor certain scripts like the Security script in great plains which
> runs
> whenever you access a new resource like open a window or write to a file.
> So in the course of the day you'll enter in a customer, then lookup a
> transaction, then enter a new transaction, then run a report etc etc etc.
> That causes security to run and therefore you "know" that the user is
> doing
> something.
>
> To make sure everything is safe, when the timout expires the app will shut
> down the system simulating if the user pressed File | Exit.  So if nothing
> is pending the logout will happen.  Otherwise you maybe get a "are you
> sure
> you want to...." dialog which woudn't be answered because noone is there
> do that.  So while not perfect, that's a good way to play it or risk data
> damage (for instance perhaps the user is posting a big job and the timer
> goes off, you don't want to shut down the client in mid-post).
>
> So all in all, pretty good I think.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> rights.
>

> "Reid" <warrex@cox.net> wrote in message
>> We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Great
> Plains.
>> They'll go to lunch without logging out, or go home for the night, etc.
> Is
>> there a product or feature that monitors inactive connections and logs
> them
>> off or terminates them after a period of inactivity?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Reid

0
reidh (5)
6/14/2006 1:28:08 PM
If all you are trying to do is to clear out the Activity table in the
Dynamics database, you could run a script from a timer that would delete all
records logged on for more than say 12 hours.  Run this at midnight and.......

Its a bit pricey for just this, but Knowledge Sync from Vineyard Soft
(www.vineyardsoft.com) has a product that can trigger this script and delete
activity records older than a specified time.  Call Don Farber there and
mention my name.

Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant
http://www.AccoladePublicaitons.com
Documentation for Software Users

"Reid" wrote:

> What about a server-based product?  I noticed with GP v9 on SQL 2000 that
> the Application and Host values are still not provided to the server by GP,
> so it would be difficult to distinguish a GP connecton from Query Analyzer,
> etc.  The appplication would be a little bit easier to maintain overall if
> this basic connectivity info were provided.
>

> "Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > Winthrop consulting has, I think, a module that does this- or at least as
> > close as you can get in a Dexterity based application.  There isn't a way
> > in
> > Dexterity to monitor activity directly but the closest you can come to is
> > monitor certain scripts like the Security script in great plains which
> > runs
> > whenever you access a new resource like open a window or write to a file.
> > So in the course of the day you'll enter in a customer, then lookup a
> > transaction, then enter a new transaction, then run a report etc etc etc.
> > That causes security to run and therefore you "know" that the user is
> > doing
> > something.
> >
> > To make sure everything is safe, when the timout expires the app will shut
> > down the system simulating if the user pressed File | Exit.  So if nothing
> > is pending the logout will happen.  Otherwise you maybe get a "are you
> > sure
> > you want to...." dialog which woudn't be answered because noone is there
> > do that.  So while not perfect, that's a good way to play it or risk data
> > damage (for instance perhaps the user is posting a big job and the timer
> > goes off, you don't want to shut down the client in mid-post).
> >
> > So all in all, pretty good I think.
> >
> > patrick
> > mbs dev support
> >
> > --
> > rights.
> >

> > "Reid" <warrex@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Great
> > Plains.
> >> They'll go to lunch without logging out, or go home for the night, etc.
> > Is
> >> there a product or feature that monitors inactive connections and logs
> > them
> >> off or terminates them after a period of inactivity?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Reid

The ACTIVITY table records the login time, not the most recent activity, so
it doesn't provide the info needed to monitor inactive connections.

We need to monitor throughout the day.  One reason is so we can keep the
number of active users to a minimum, to save $$ on licenses.  Also, our
Sarbanes-Oxley auditors are faulting us from a security perspective because
users can leave unattended, open connections to Great Plains.  So we're
taking some criticism on that.

We are a 9-5 type organization and have the luxury of running a script
nightly to clear all users out of the system.  The script  deletes all
records from DEX_LOCK and DEX_SESSION tables in tempdb, and SY00800, SY00801
and ACTIVITY tables in DYNAMICS database.  It seems to work well enough,
though I read somewhere in the docs that the only acceptable way to clear
unused connections is via the "User Activity" window because of other
cleanup that is performed.

"Richard L. Whaley" <RichardLWhaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A98DD9C1-ADC1-4B44-BCCD-1BE6215225B0@microsoft.com...
> [...]
>> > etc.
>> > That causes security to run and therefore you "know" that the user is
>> > doing
>> > something.
>> >
>> > To make sure everything is safe, when the timout expires the app will
>> > shut
>> > down the system simulating if the user pressed File | Exit.  So if
>> > nothing
>> > is pending the logout will happen.  Otherwise you maybe get a "are you
>> > sure
>> > you want to...." dialog which woudn't be answered because noone is
>> > there
>> > do that.  So while not perfect, that's a good way to play it or risk
>> > data
>> > damage (for instance perhaps the user is posting a big job and the
>> > timer
>> > goes off, you don't want to shut down the client in mid-post).

0
reidh (5)
6/15/2006 3:00:27 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_6ADBECA4

I guess I would advise against something like this.  While you are correct
on the "cleanup" stuff that the Users window runs, my biggest worry is:

1. It's 4:55 and a user starts to punch in a big order.
2. They get going adding lines which then allocates/fulfills the line qtys
as they go.
3. Around 5:10 they are 1/2 done but take off for the day.
4. your script runs at midnight and boots them out of the activity table.
5. next day, they come in at 8 and resume entering lines.
6. They get "you have been removed from the activity table and can't be in
system anymore"
7.  Boot and they are out.
8. Not sure how good the SOP data is and I guarantee that those IV QTY's
are still going to be allocated.

patrick
mbs dev support

--------------------
From: "Reid" <reidh@esi.net>
Subject: Re: Monitor inactive connections
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:00:27 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

> [...]

>> > etc.
>> > That causes security to run and therefore you "know" that the user is
>> > doing
>> > something.
>> >
>> > To make sure everything is safe, when the timout expires the app will
>> > shut
>> > down the system simulating if the user pressed File | Exit.  So if
>> > nothing
>> > is pending the logout will happen.  Otherwise you maybe get a "are you
>> > sure
>> > you want to...." dialog which woudn't be answered because noone is
>> > there
>> > do that.  So while not perfect, that's a good way to play it or risk
>> > data
>> > damage (for instance perhaps the user is posting a big job and the
>> > timer
>> > goes off, you don't want to shut down the client in mid-post).

------=_NextPart_0001_6ADBECA4

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I guess I would advise against something like this.  While you are correct on the "cleanup" stuff that the Users window runs, my biggest worry is:
\par
\par 1. It's 4:55 and a user starts to punch in a big order.
\par 2. They get going adding lines which then allocates/fulfills the line qtys as they go.
\par 3. Around 5:10 they are 1/2 done but take off for the day.
\par 4. your script runs at midnight and boots them out of the activity table.
\par 5. next day, they come in at 8 and resume entering lines.
\par 6. They get "you have been removed from the activity table and can't be in system anymore"
\par 7.  Boot and they are out.
\par 8. Not sure how good the SOP data is and I guarantee that those IV QTY's are still going to be allocated.
\par
\par patrick
\par mbs dev support
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "Reid" <reidh@esi.net>
\par References:  <eG8XnYxjGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl> <eEruG40jGHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> <Oi0yiZ7jGHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl> <A98DD9C1-ADC1-4B44-BCCD-1BE6215225B0@microsoft.com>
\par Subject: Re: Monitor inactive connections
\par Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:00:27 -0400
\par Lines: 122
\par X-Priority: 3
\par X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
\par X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
\par Message-ID: <#lS5zxIkGHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: esi-fw.esi.net 204.232.10.1
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:30725
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par The ACTIVITY table records the login time, not the most recent activity, so
\par it doesn't provide the info needed to monitor inactive connections.
\par
\par We need to monitor throughout the day.  One reason is so we can keep the
\par number of active users to a minimum, to save $$ on licenses.  Also, our
\par Sarbanes-Oxley auditors are faulting us from a security perspective because
\par users can leave unattended, open connections to Great Plains.  So we're
\par taking some criticism on that.
\par
\par We are a 9-5 type organization and have the luxury of running a script
\par nightly to clear all users out of the system.  The script  deletes all
\par records from DEX_LOCK and DEX_SESSION tables in tempdb, and SY00800, SY00801
\par and ACTIVITY tables in DYNAMICS database.  It seems to work well enough,
\par though I read somewhere in the docs that the only acceptable way to clear
\par unused connections is via the "User Activity" window because of other
\par cleanup that is performed.
\par
\par
\par
\par "Richard L. Whaley" <RichardLWhaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
\par message news:A98DD9C1-ADC1-4B44-BCCD-1BE6215225B0@microsoft.com...
\par > If all you are trying to do is to clear out the Activity table in the
\par > Dynamics database, you could run a script from a timer that would delete
\par > all
\par > records logged on for more than say 12 hours.  Run this at midnight
\par > and.......
\par >
\par > Its a bit pricey for just this, but Knowledge Sync from Vineyard Soft
\par > (www.vineyardsoft.com) has a product that can trigger this script and
\par > delete
\par > activity records older than a specified time.  Call Don Farber there and
\par > mention my name.
\par >
\par > Richard L. Whaley
\par > Author / Consultant
\par > http://www.AccoladePublicaitons.com
\par > Documentation for Software Users
\par >
\par >
\par > "Reid" wrote:
\par >
\par >> What about a server-based product?  I noticed with GP v9 on SQL 2000 that
\par >> the Application and Host values are still not provided to the server by
\par >> GP,
\par >> so it would be difficult to distinguish a GP connecton from Query
\par >> Analyzer,
\par >> etc.  The appplication would be a little bit easier to maintain overall
\par >> if
\par >> this basic connectivity info were provided.
\par >>
\par >>
\par >> "Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
\par >> news:eEruG40jGHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
\par >> > All,
\par >> >
\par >> > Winthrop consulting has, I think, a module that does this- or at least
\par >> > as
\par >> > close as you can get in a Dexterity based application.  There isn't a
\par >> > way
\par >> > in
\par >> > Dexterity to monitor activity directly but the closest you can come to
\par >> > is
\par >> > monitor certain scripts like the Security script in great plains which
\par >> > runs
\par >> > whenever you access a new resource like open a window or write to a
\par >> > file.
\par >> > So in the course of the day you'll enter in a customer, then lookup a
\par >> > transaction, then enter a new transaction, then run a report etc etc
\par >> > etc.
\par >> > That causes security to run and therefore you "know" that the user is
\par >> > doing
\par >> > something.
\par >> >
\par >> > To make sure everything is safe, when the timout expires the app will
\par >> > shut
\par >> > down the system simulating if the user pressed File | Exit.  So if
\par >> > nothing
\par >> > is pending the logout will happen.  Otherwise you maybe get a "are you
\par >> > sure
\par >> > you want to...." dialog which woudn't be answered because noone is
\par >> > there
\par >> > to
\par >> > do that.  So while not perfect, that's a good way to play it or risk
\par >> > data
\par >> > damage (for instance perhaps the user is posting a big job and the
\par >> > timer
\par >> > goes off, you don't want to shut down the client in mid-post).
\par >> >
\par >> > So all in all, pretty good I think.
\par >> >
\par >> > patrick
\par >> > mbs dev support
\par >> >
\par >> > --
\par >> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
\par >> > rights.
\par >> >
\par >> >
\par >> > "Reid" <warrex@cox.net> wrote in message
\par >> > news:eG8XnYxjGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
\par >> >> We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Great
\par >> > Plains.
\par >> >> They'll go to lunch without logging out, or go home for the night,
\par >> >> etc.
\par >> > Is
\par >> >> there a product or feature that monitors inactive connections and logs
\par >> > them
\par >> >> off or terminates them after a period of inactivity?
\par >> >>
\par >> >> Thanks,
\par >> >>
\par >> >> Reid
\par >> >>
\par >> >>
\par >> >>
\par >> >
\par >> >
\par >>
\par >>
\par >>
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_6ADBECA4--

0
prot (52)

SMTP Monitor
We're running SBS2003, and relaying email from several remote Java applications through our own Exchange server (SBS). I need to measure the resource strain of this, and assume I want to monitor SMTP. What's the best way to capture that info? Resource strain in terms of... ? - cpu - memory - drive i/o - volume of particular smtp traffic from/to server or recipient Perfmon and smtp logs will do it. Having a baseline will help. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Runner" <pwright@searchsoft.net> wrote in message news:uIuvetuvFHA.2212@TK2MS...

Outlook 2007 can't connect to exchange server through VPN
I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003. When I am on the same LAN as the exchange server i have no issues connecting through Outlook to my exchange account. When i connect from home or on the road through the VPN client it fails to connect to the exchange server. I can ping the exchange server with no issue (i have an entry in the hosts file for the exchange server), and i can connect to all other network resources through the VPN. I can also successfully resolve the exchange account through the Outlook properties/Email accounts. When i start Outlook it waits about 2 mins and then tells me...

connecting combo boxes to yield data in another cell.
I've created multiple combo boxes w/out a problem, but is it possible to have a user choose a selection from one combo box, and then have it automatically fill in the second combo box? Basically, I'm trying to have a group of numbers in "combo box A", once selected by a user, to default to a list of names in "combo box B". For example, User selects "1" from combo box list, and then combo box 2 defaults to name "John"... ...

Orientation of monitor picture?
At home I'm running Windows XP Media Center with a 22" LCD from AOC and a Radeon HD 3850 or something. The cheapy HD card. Is there a way to change the orientation of things so things display vertical rather than horizontal or is that dependant on my video card or monitor to have that capability? I'm playing some pinball games that would look sweet if I could temporarily turn the monitor sideways. I looked and it should support vertical scaling, maybe I just don't know how to do it. Maybe there's some other software besides just the driver I need,...

why use Monitor.Enter...Monitor.Exit insted of lock(object9
Hi! If I want to lock a section in the code from concurrency item problems I can use the static Monitor class in this way Monitor:Enter .... Monitor.Exit I can also use the C# lock keyword to lock the same section. So I don't see any point at all to use the Monitor.Enter... Monitor.Exit instead of the lock keword just to lock a section in the code because of two reasons. 1. It much less to write lock then the other 2. The most importand it that you get the try..finally for free which mean that you will always free the lock in case of running into same kind of excepti...

How to update ODBC connection properties in Excel
Just working on testing a migration from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008. I have an Excel 2003 document with macros - when I open the document, I get Microsoft SQL Server Login failed. I'm trying to update the connection properties for the database/username, but I can't find out where it's trying to connect. I combed through the VB macros and I can't seem to find it anywhere. So where can the information be modified so I can make sure it's pointing and authenticating to the new server? ...

Connect to Several Exchange Accounts
Hello, We are currently on a SBS 2003 Premium Network. How do I get outlook to connect to several different Exchange email accounts? I would like to be able to check the email from several diffrent accounts at the sametime and also be able to send emails from these accounts with the from address showing as the respective accounts. I currently use ruls and filters to move the message from the different accounts into respective public folders. But since it not each to send or reply from public folders I would like to find another solution or use different programs. I would use Exchange...

How to Draw a chart line connecting 2 points in the middle of the series
Hi........I'm fairly new to VBA coding, so forgive me if I'm missing something very basic! I've created an embedded chart on my sheet called "ClickChart" that's using data on another worksheet (that has other embedded charts on it). The ClickChart's Logarithmic Line chart plots a stock's price over the user-inputted date range. My goal is to plot user-inputted High, Low, and Average GrowthRate lines for that stock. So far, using Jon Peletier's instructions (thanks!),I have captured the endpoint info (date, price) with the MouseUp event and placed it o...

Can't connect to Hotmail
Hi all, I'm unable to connect to Hotmail using Outlook 2003. Generates the following error: "Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF4" Any suggestions? Ruturaj. Try deleting and readding the account. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

How to inactive a TCP port with MFC or VC++
As subject You can't. If a port is assigned to a process, as far as I know, there is no way to stop that other process from using it. There is no protection mechanism on port creation (as far as I know, you don't need some ACL right to create a network port). Now, if you are using a firewall of some sort, there is probably a (proprietary) interface for that firewall software that configures it. But there's nothing in the Winsock API to keep you or any other process from creating a port. joe On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:15:07 -0700, "cheng" <cheng@discussions.microsoft...

monitor queue
Is there a way to have the exchange server send a message to the administrator when the outbound queue gets to a certain limit? Or is there a 3rd party utility that will do that? TIA ...

Email monitoring and ethics
Setting ethics aside for a second... A business owner client of ours needs to "monitor" email for one of his employees.. They use Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003. What is the best way to set this up so that the employee cannot tell his mail is being monitored? By "monitoring" I mean... The president wants to see ALL email to/from this individual. Thanks, Troy Message journalling.... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=843105 "Troy Bruder" <troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:uOcslx0xEHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl......

How do I connect the printer using the wirekess network (1010)
Dear Sir, I have recently aquired a network system using two computers. Th e first one has a 1250 Broadband connnectin and the second one works with s ten/ten wireless connection. I cannot get the printer to work off the second one. I have tried using the network set up wizard but this won't accept my name and password! HOW do I get t he blasted thing to WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to your reply. Yours sincerely, John Verney Wrong group. (Big time) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "froggy702" <froggy702@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

SQL Server 2000 log shipping monitor
Hi, In my SQL Server 2000, we don't have any Log Shipping now. However, we still have two records in the Log Shipping Monitor, and it seems to bother other backup job. How do we fix this problem? Thanks for help. Jason "Jason Huang" <JasonHuang8888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%2366ki7$cKHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In my SQL Server 2000, we don't have any Log Shipping now. > However, we still have two records in the Log Shipping Monitor, and it > seems to bother other backup job. > How do we fix this pr...

Outlook startup connection to verisign.com
Please explain why Outlook 2002 makes a connection to one of the following when started? sitefinder-idn.verisign.com crl.verisign.com We have a serious problem with any program on any of our systems that makes a connection that is not directly user initiated! What mechanism by design or otherwise is responsible for this? Ask VeriSign as their problem with expired certificates this week played havoc with a number of systems/programs. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to m...

monitor
I suppose this is not very Vista related but I am running Windows Vista on a laptop. I have a 20" monitor sitting here that I used on the desktop which I sold. Is there anyway a separate monitor can be plugged into my laptop. I prefer this 20" monitor. The connection at the end of the monitor does not seem to fit in any slots on the laptop. Any help is appreciated. "Karen F" <fetter@frontiernet.net> wrote: >I suppose this is not very Vista related but I am running Windows Vista on a >laptop. I have a 20" monitor sitting here that...

On dual-monitor sysytems, base child windows on parent window loca
I am using a dual monitor system. I have the MS CRM window on my secondary monitor, while working with our product on the primary monitor. Every time MS CRM spawns a child window (such as a new KB article or e-mail), that window gets created in the center of the primary monitor, on top of the work I need to see. So every time, I have to drag the window back over to the other monitor. (For people with dexterity/RSI issues, this is really irritating.) Please consider drawing new windows relative to the coordinates of existing windows. Or, in plain language, keep all the CRM windows in t...

Laptop Client Cannot Connect
I have Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista. I get 2 errors “cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down” "an error occured loading microsoft crm functionality, try restarting microsoft outlook. contact your system administrator if errors persist.” I have disabled the Firewall and added the URL to the Trusted sites in IE. Anyone have any suggestions? It sounds to me like you are not connected to the VPN - are you attempting to access CRM from an off-site location? The VPN is needed for Authentication purposes. Most of the time thi...

Monitoring Tools
Hi, I was asked if there are any freeware or low cost solutions that would allow an administrator to monitor Exchange Server. Would like to be able to: Monitor user activity View most active users View user email activities, etc.. Amount of mail into and out of server And other administrative tasks like that. Thanks, Try this link and see the monitoring section http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/default.mspx "FryeR" <FryeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4A60E6C-5252-44C7-A74F-E20227359802@mic...

Monitoring
Can I view and log another accounts activity and save it for offline? If so, how? ...

Monitor # of E-mails in and out
Does any one know of a way within Exchange 2003 to monitor or report the number of e-mail coming in and out of an orginazation? Any built in tools or third party apps? TIA PerfMon counters and Message Tracking logs. Ray wrote: > Does any one know of a way within Exchange 2003 to > monitor or report the number of e-mail coming in and out > of an orginazation? Any built in tools or third party > apps? > > TIA -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

Trouble connecting to Earthlink?
I apologize if this is OT, but I couldn't find anyplace better to post it. Since Friday, whenever any of our employees sends email to an Earthlink address, the recipient receives multiple copies. This only happens when we are sending to earthlink addresses I think I've figured out what the problem is. I used telnet to connect to mx2.earthlink.net (one of their SMTP servers) and manually inputted the from, to, and data fields, and when I was done with the data field, the earthlink server did not send a 250 OK reply, per RFC0821. It just sat there and returned nothing. The email ac...

after hibernate connecting problem
Hi everyone, If you can help me, i will be very pleasure. So, I have problem after hibernate connect to exchange. My internet is working, i can pinging to exchange server but outlok 2007 can not to connect exchange 2007 server until restart the computer. I close the application and restart but it's still can't. dou you have any idea? server: exchange 2007 client: windows 7 7600 - outlook 2007 sp2 . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com gkhnckr wrote on Tue, 11 May 2010 08:33 > Hi everyone, > > If you can help me, i will be very pleasure. &...

how to monitor & disallow outgoing mail ?
Hi, A customer came up with a new request for mail monitoring. He would like to supervise the outgoing mail sent by a specific employee. Dependent on the destination, the mail would be allowed through or not. The mail sent by this employee should ideally gather in a folder and the supervisor would then, message by message, allow or disallow. At the site, Exchange 5.5 & Mail Essentials are installed (windows NT4) Legal & practical issues aside, I don't see how this can be implemented. Any suggestions? glenn Glenn <reply@inhe.re> wrote: >Hi, >A customer came up with...

wireless lan connection between 2 computers without a router?
can i set up a connection between two xp professional computers both running wireless internet cards without a internet connection and without a router, all i want to do is to be able to see the shared files on the other computer using the wireless connection, i have set up a server and have a connection between the two but neither one of the computers accknowledge each other but only that they are connected, yes i have enabled all of the sharing properties on the file,, i am trying not to have to buy a router , is there any possiable router program that i can install on the computer...