Modify the Edit List

I need to know if I modify how the Payables Transaction Edit List prints out
will it make the same changes for the Payables Transaction Posting Journal?
--
TC
0

TC,

Two different reports, two different modifications, two different security
settings.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"TC" wrote:

> I need to know if I modify how the Payables Transaction Edit List prints out
> will it make the same changes for the Payables Transaction Posting Journal?
> --
> TC
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/29/2008 4:50:01 AM
Thank you Mariano.  I am not quite awake yet so forgive me for what may sound
like a silly question.  How do I make sure that the edit list pulls the
correct report?  Do I need to make a copy of the report and rename it to be
the edit list?

Thanks again for your help.
--
TC

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> TC,
>
> Two different reports, two different modifications, two different security
> settings.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "TC" wrote:
>
> > I need to know if I modify how the Payables Transaction Edit List prints out
> > will it make the same changes for the Payables Transaction Posting Journal?
> > --
> > TC
0
tc1 (130)
7/29/2008 3:25:01 PM
TC,

To make sure you are modifying the correct report, print the report to
screen the click the Modify button on the report screen.

Best regards,
--

"TC" wrote:

> Thank you Mariano.  I am not quite awake yet so forgive me for what may sound
> like a silly question.  How do I make sure that the edit list pulls the
> correct report?  Do I need to make a copy of the report and rename it to be
> the edit list?
>
> Thanks again for your help.
> --
> TC
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > TC,
> >
> > Two different reports, two different modifications, two different security
> > settings.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "TC" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to know if I modify how the Payables Transaction Edit List prints out
> > > will it make the same changes for the Payables Transaction Posting Journal?
> > > --
> > > TC
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/29/2008 6:59:03 PM
Ok I tried to modify the Payables Transaction Edit list.  I am testing this
in GP 10 but will actually be doing this in GP 9 for the client.  When doing
this in GP 10 I was able to modify the Report but when I posted the batch it
printed with the same modified report as the Payables Transaction Edit List.
I did not see where I can have two Payables Transaction Posting Journals (1
for the Edit list (modified) and 1 for the Payables Transaction Posting
Journal ( unmodified)) in the Alternate/modified forms and reports window.
It only allows me to select Modified or original in the Purchasing>PM
Transaction Posting Journal.

I need to create a report that will show the Invoice Voucher Number,
Document Number, Document Date, Vendor ID , Document Total, Error messages
(would like this to shrink when no error messages exist), and the
distributions.  The client is trying to save paper when printing this report
out.

Is there a way to get this information out of SmartList maybe?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
--
TC

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> TC,
>
> To make sure you are modifying the correct report, print the report to
> screen the click the Modify button on the report screen.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "TC" wrote:
>
> > Thank you Mariano.  I am not quite awake yet so forgive me for what may sound
> > like a silly question.  How do I make sure that the edit list pulls the
> > correct report?  Do I need to make a copy of the report and rename it to be
> > the edit list?
> >
> > Thanks again for your help.
> > --
> > TC
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > TC,
> > >
> > > Two different reports, two different modifications, two different security
> > > settings.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
tc1 (130)
7/29/2008 9:05:01 PM
TC,

Oops! I take that back. The report happens to be the same for both the edit
list and the posting journal -- I tested it this now.

However, the world is not over. You could probably implement this report
relatively quick in SSRS or Crystal Reports. If you do the latter you can
look into my friend's, Victoria Yudin, MVP, new product that allows you to
run Crystal Reports from within Dynamics GP. She may even have the posting
journal and edit list you need already available.

Best regards,
--

"TC" wrote:

> Ok I tried to modify the Payables Transaction Edit list.  I am testing this
> in GP 10 but will actually be doing this in GP 9 for the client.  When doing
> this in GP 10 I was able to modify the Report but when I posted the batch it
> printed with the same modified report as the Payables Transaction Edit List.
> I did not see where I can have two Payables Transaction Posting Journals (1
> for the Edit list (modified) and 1 for the Payables Transaction Posting
> Journal ( unmodified)) in the Alternate/modified forms and reports window.
> It only allows me to select Modified or original in the Purchasing>PM
> Transaction Posting Journal.
>
> I need to create a report that will show the Invoice Voucher Number,
> Document Number, Document Date, Vendor ID , Document Total, Error messages
> (would like this to shrink when no error messages exist), and the
> distributions.  The client is trying to save paper when printing this report
> out.
>
> Is there a way to get this information out of SmartList maybe?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> TC
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > TC,
> >
> > To make sure you are modifying the correct report, print the report to
> > screen the click the Modify button on the report screen.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "TC" wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you Mariano.  I am not quite awake yet so forgive me for what may sound
> > > like a silly question.  How do I make sure that the edit list pulls the
> > > correct report?  Do I need to make a copy of the report and rename it to be
> > > the edit list?
> > >
> > > Thanks again for your help.
> > > --
> > > TC

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/30/2008 2:24:04 PM
Thanks for the update Mariano.  Unfortunately the client does not have SSRS
or Crystal Reports.  I will see if there is another way I can do this with
what they currently have.

Thanks again.
--
TC

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> TC,
>
> Oops! I take that back. The report happens to be the same for both the edit
> list and the posting journal -- I tested it this now.
>
> However, the world is not over. You could probably implement this report
> relatively quick in SSRS or Crystal Reports. If you do the latter you can
> look into my friend's, Victoria Yudin, MVP, new product that allows you to
> run Crystal Reports from within Dynamics GP. She may even have the posting
> journal and edit list you need already available.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "TC" wrote:
>
> > Ok I tried to modify the Payables Transaction Edit list.  I am testing this
> > in GP 10 but will actually be doing this in GP 9 for the client.  When doing
> > this in GP 10 I was able to modify the Report but when I posted the batch it
> > printed with the same modified report as the Payables Transaction Edit List.
> > I did not see where I can have two Payables Transaction Posting Journals (1
> > for the Edit list (modified) and 1 for the Payables Transaction Posting
> > Journal ( unmodified)) in the Alternate/modified forms and reports window.
> > It only allows me to select Modified or original in the Purchasing>PM
> > Transaction Posting Journal.
> >
> > I need to create a report that will show the Invoice Voucher Number,
> > Document Number, Document Date, Vendor ID , Document Total, Error messages
> > (would like this to shrink when no error messages exist), and the
> > distributions.  The client is trying to save paper when printing this report
> > out.
> >
> > Is there a way to get this information out of SmartList maybe?
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > TC
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > TC,
> > >
> > > To make sure you are modifying the correct report, print the report to
> > > screen the click the Modify button on the report screen.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
tc1 (130)

random select a percentage from a list
I am trying to randomly select a percentage from a list of 891 for assessment interviews. Do I use Rand ()*.1 for 10 percent of the selection? =RAND() gives you a number between 0 and 1 =RAND()*891 will give you a number between 0 and 891 You can round it to the nearest 1 with =ROUND(RAND()*891,0) If you only want to look at 10% of the 891, you can use =ROUND(RAND()*891*0.1,0) which will give you a number from 0 to 89. It is not clear exactly what you mean but i think you'll get what you need from what I have written. -- Allllen "Rocetman" wrot...

Excel -how do I edit an entry that's an email address
Excel has that annoying function that makes all email addresses clickable (like it or not), but as such, are extremely difficult to edit. How do I easily select it only to make changes? -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" Select the cell that the email address is in just by arrowing over to it if you don't want to accidentally click the email and then go to Insert- Hyperlink and on the bottom left of the box click "remove link" and then the email address won't be clickable anymore, thus your problem solved. This is annoying and in word I think you can...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Contents of one drop down list based on the contents of another li
Hello, I have a drop down list in a form that has all of the software companies we use: Microsoft, Adobe, etc. Then in another fields I want to have the specific software that we install from that company. So if I choose Microsoft in the first drop down, I don't want to see "Acrobat" listed in the second drop down. Could someone tell me how to code this? I've posted this question a few times but I don't seem to be able to get an answer. Thanks. Joanne - You need an AfterUpdate event in your first drop-down list. In this code you will change the record...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

#include <windows.h> (Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta 2)
I need MultiByteToWideChar(). I'm trying to include "windows.h" as stated in docs: http://whidbey.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/intl/unicode_17si.asp?frame=true but when I do this I got an error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory by searching VS8 installation directories inside "Program Files" I can't find "windows.h" file. Is this the right group to post? PSDK is not included in express versions. you need to download it manually. "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> �...

Mailing List on a Newsletter
I'm trying to set up a newsletter and I'm almost finished......but I'm stuck on one part. At the bottom of the newsletter, it says to remove your name from the mailing list, please click here. I want to add this feature to my newsletter but I can't figure out how to set this up. I would like my customers to be able to click that and be automatically removed from the mailing list. Please help! ...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

What if my paper size is not listed in Publisher
I am trying to print a picture onto a page that is 6.5" square. I would prefer the page be borderless with only the picture on the paper. I can't find this size under the "page setup" option, and so it never prints the way I need it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Custom or user defined -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "teeitupon2" <teeitupon2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AA9564E-7946-41CE-8980-511D3D7BE794@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a picture onto a page that is 6.5" square. I would > pref...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Global Address List Members in Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! Indirectly check out http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm for a method "Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4201c3daa3$e8b36060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global > address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! ...

moving a selected item up and down in a list control
hi there, i am a beginner in VC i tried to move a selected item in a list control upwards using this code, but is not working what code be wrong void CTestingDlg::OnUp() { int index = m_cListCtrl.GetNextItem(-1, LVIS_SELECTED); m_cListCtrl.InsertItem(index -1, m_cListCtrl.GetItemText(index, index)); m_cListCtrl.DeleteItem(index +1); // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here } Hi, Just delete the redundant item at the top,all the other rows will automatically shift up. Thanks ...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

List Boxes #2
Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first column distplays Dim MyArray() ReDim MyArray(mycount, 1) usrGLDist.lstOutput.ColumnCount = 2 For i = 0 To rst.Count - 1 MyArray(i, 0) = rst.Value("descr") MyArray(i, 1) = rst.Value("pcamt") rst.MoveNext Next i 'Load ListBox1 usrGLDist.lstOutput.List() = MyArray Richard wrote : > Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both > columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first col...

scoring multiple ski meets from one master list
trying to score (6) different ski meets off of one master ranking. two teams are scored against each other points go from 16 down to 2. all teams run the same course and are sorted by time but then need to be broken down into different meets ex. Meet 1: team a vs team b scoring from 16 (1st place) to 2 (last place scored) Meet 2: team c vs team d etc. some teams may be scored in two different meets...one team might be scored against 2 different teams from the same master ranking ...

Find the top value in a list
I have a worksheet created in EXCEL 2003 which i use to record swimmers times in several lists. One examlpe is in cells D109 to 113. In cells D111 to 113 are recent times and D109 to 110 are empty. As I add current times to the top of the list. I want to be able to retrive the current value at the top of the list and show it in D106. D107 & 108 are used for other values. At present I have the following formula in cell D106 =OFFSET(D108,COUNTBLANK(D109:D113)+COUNTA(D109,D113),0). This works well but makes updating the list difficult. Is there a simpler way to achive the same...

Can't reinvoke form designer in VB 2008 Express Edition
I closed the [design] tab for a form, but I don't know how to reopen it. Only the code is showing in the solution explorer. Can somebody helps me. Thanks. "Jan" <J.Scheeper@tiscali.nl> wrote in message news:%23vtAI2gZKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I closed the [design] tab for a form, but I don't know how to reopen it. >Only the code is showing in the solution explorer. Can somebody helps me. >Thanks. When you are working on a Windows Form, there are 3 files that are created: Form1.vb, Form1.Designer.vb, and Form1.resx. With Form1.v...

Distribution Lists
I have a Distribution List I would like to share with someone. How do I copy it and give it to them? Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >I have a Distribution List I would like to share with >someone. How do I copy it and give it to them? > >Thanks. > >I am using Outlook 2000 with Windows NT. > ...

Not able to remove the indentation in the list control after removing the imagelist
Hi, Anyone can help me. In my application once I remove the imagelist from the list control, indentation or space exists in the list control. I tried with setting iImage and iIndent members of LVITEM structure to -1. But no luck. Thanks in Advance, Balu. You could try calling Detach() for the image list in the CListCtrl. For example: CListCtrl *pMyList; // Added image list using SetImageList() pMyList->GetImageList()->Detach(); http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b75edw6k.aspx Tom "balu" <balakrishnakk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158207742.071489...

Can't Re-Edit Draft
When I save a draft, WLM places it in the Drafts folder. When I open the draft, WLM won't allow me to edit it. Why is this? How can I open a saved draft at a later time for editing and eventual posting? TIA Geoff Right click on the message header | Open, or double click on it to open it back up in a compose window. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "GeoffG" <geoffcg@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:%23SsaGGhnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I save a draft, WLM places it in the Drafts f...