Modify report to print individual group of records on separate pag

I am new to report writer and I am trying to figure out how to print
individual employees records separately. It is an employee training records
report where it group all of an employees training classes together. However,
unless it fills the page, the next person's records are printed and I'm
trying to start each new group on a new page. I don't know where to find the
group properties. Please help.

Amytdev.
0
AmytDev (4)

I think you need to create an additional footer. The additional footer can
have the "Page Break" option set, causing a new page to be started. Below is
the portion of the Report Writer help file that tells how to do this.

Hope this helps.

Steve

--- From RW.chm ---

Page Break
Allows you to specify whether a new page will begin each time the data in
the specified field changes and the additional footer is printed. This
selection is available only if you're modifying or creating an additional
footer.

You can use this selection to create a page break that will occur every time
the data in a specified field changes, without creating an additional footer
that contains data. To do this, create an additional footer, highlight the
appropriate field and mark Page Break, but don't place any fields in the
additional footer in the report layout.

"AmytDev" wrote:

> I am new to report writer and I am trying to figure out how to print
> individual employees records separately. It is an employee training records
> report where it group all of an employees training classes together. However,
> unless it fills the page, the next person's records are printed and I'm
> trying to start each new group on a new page. I don't know where to find the
> group properties. Please help.
>
> Amytdev.

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

subreport between each entry on the report
I have created a report that has entries 1,2,3 and 4. I want to add a subreport which has 2 more entries. However, when i try to do so, the entries for the subreport show up in between those on the report. This is not what i want. I want the subreport entries to show up below those of the main report. How do i do this. Radhika Put the subreport in the report footer. or Put the subreport in a group footer that is printed after your details -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

a way to amplify the recordings i make
Is it possible to make the volume of the recordings louder? I know i can output the recordings and amplify it as much as i want using an external 3rd party program, the question is will it be synced with my writings during the recording ? (assuming it was synced before the editing...). If not, is it possible to amplify it at the same time it records somehow? except from defining it in windows because i already did so... The reason I ask is because my lecture recordings are quite quiet and i can barely hear what was said, using an external usb microphone... matan ofer wrote...

Crystal Reports 05-06-04
Can anybody out there help me. When I go to install Crystal Reports on my CRM 1.2 Server, it goes through it's process and then ask for the the CD that has the server.msi file on it. Once I put the CD in and run it, I get an error. Here it is: Error 1316 A network error occured while attempting to read from the file d:\396328.msi. I've done some searching out there and will continue to search but haven't found anything. If anybody could help me please e-mail me or reply to this message. I really need to get this CRM fully functional. My boss is on me. Thanks for the ...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Why can't I print a full borderless page?
I made a full page size table with borders and it will not print print properly. The edges are cut off even though I have selected "borderless' in my print properties and have sized the table within the page limits. Your printer may not be capable of full bleed for that size paper. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "~Crystal~" <Crystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC9A33D6-5F56-4E6F-B7D5-6D89EB3EA500@microsoft.com... >I made a full page size table with borders and it will not print print > properly. The edges are cut off ev...

Printing a spred sheet
I know there is an option where it will not cut off the bottom and tops of your spred sheets. Somebody Help!!!!! (LOL) Hi Have a look at File / Page Setup / Page tab Fit to _ pages by _ pages. -- Andy. "Clint" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ee8a01c45790$fd7ab100$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I know there is an option where it will not cut off the > bottom and tops of your spred sheets. Somebody Help!!!!! > (LOL) ...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Printing Customer Name on Credit Card Receipts
This is another suggestion to MS to add into RMS the following feature: Pull the customer name from a credit card that is swiped and print it on the receipt. If the "dumb" terminals most processing companies rent out can do this, certainly a sophisticated program like RMS should be able to do this as well. I'm no programming genius but I'd imagine that since RMS is already filtering out the account number and exp date from the rest of the data on a cc mag stripe that pulling the name would only add a few lines of code. In a similar post someone mentioned that there wa...

excel will not print
excel will only print when i first turn on my computer. during the working day going in and out of other windows based programs excel will not print. excel goes through the motions but does not print. i can not find any reason why this is happening. ...

Payroll 2010 HIRE Act tax reporting
Does anyone that has installed the Tax Update Round 5 for GP found a way to get the FICA SS Employer credit for an individual pay period? We have a client who wants to know what other users are doing to compute the breakdown of the FICA SS vs. FICA Med Employer so that they can fill out their Federal Deposit with accurate numbers reflecting the reduction of the FICA amounts by the W-11 Qualified Employees SS wages x .062 for the employer portion that is credited. I have one other client that is creating a Smartlist of the New Hires based on start date, then manually removing ...

I cannot seem to save my reports with headers and footers. Please
My family company has recently started using Excell to create data reports. I am unable to save a complete file. The Headers and footers disapper. Is there anything I can do to keep them tied(saved) with the report? I would be very greatful to learn a way out of this problem. Thank you. Are you saving the workbook as an excel workbook (*.xls) or something else? brainturnsoffafter12hours wrote: > > My family company has recently started using Excell to create data reports. I > am unable to save a complete file. The Headers and footers disapper. Is there > anything I can do t...

Report Modification
I have been trying to complete a simple modification to the Trx History Summary report. I wanted to add the field "Vendor Name". Everytime I think I have succeeded, it fails to work. I see the field but it is blank. Any input would be appreciated. We have GP 7.5. I am not a computer programmer so bear with me!!! thanks I've also modified the TRX Summary History report to include the Vendor Name. The step that I often forget to include when I modify a report is to change the security to show modified reports. When you added the field VENDOR NAME, are you sure that...

printing Journal using the Contact view #2
Does anyone know how to print the Journal using the "By Contact" view? This particular view will not allow me to print anything. I wanted to be able to print something that looks like the calendar when I pring that out. Thanks, Mike ...

Recover records from ldf file.
A customer suffered a hardware failure and managed to recover only the SQL Database *.ldf file from the failing hard drive. The *.mdf file was lost. The recovered *.ldf file is huge. The drive they were backing up to is full and the last backup is dated October. I believe that backups have been failing since October, which explains the large *.ldf file. I can restore the October backup, but am missing all activity since October. I believe the missing records are in the huge *.ldf file. Is there a way to recover these records from the *.ldf file? Can I view LSN numbers, for exa...

Save print settings
How do I save print settings in an excel file. I have created a form for co-workers to use and want it to automatically print to a particular printer and to print two-sided. Unfortunately I can't count on most of them to know how to do that, so I would like the file to have those print settings saved. -- Julie Print settings are generally saved with the workbook. Are you sure this is not occuring? Perhaps you could create a Custom View which includes your specific print settings? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:55:01 -0700, Julie <Julie@discu...

Server between Admin Groups
Can you move servers between Exchange 2003 Administrative Groups? Thanks If it is on mixed mode you cannot move mailboxes between servers on different administratives groups. You will need to raise to native mode >-----Original Message----- >Can you move servers between Exchange 2003 Administrative Groups? > >Thanks > > >. > If it is on mixed mode you cannot move mailboxes between servers on different administratives groups. You will need to raise to native mode >-----Original Message----- >Can you move servers between Exchange 2003 Administrative Group...

Unable to print document.
Hi, I have a user that is trying to print this word document. She is able to print the document if she decides to print the whole document. However, when she only some pages. I.E. 2-9. She is unable to do so. MS word however shows no error. There are no print outs either. I tested it with another document and was able to do the above. Is there any settings that could be changed to enable her to print the range of pages she wanted? -- X See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826218 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <&...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

When Restoring .PST, Address Book Groups Missing Members
When I restore a .pst, the address book is restored with all my group names but no members are in those groups. Everything else restores just fine. Why are ther no members in my email groups? Any help would be appreciated. What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gofermatch asked: | When I restore a .pst, the address book is restored with all my group | names b...

CRM, reports, and IE7
I'm having a specific issue with Internet Explorer 7 and MSCRM 3.0. For the most part, CRM works fine. However, when anyone tries to run a SQL2000 Reporting Services report from within CRM (either the Outlook or web client), it gives one of those nifty full-page errors. If I go straight to the report server, through IE7, I can run the report just fine. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi Kevin Do you have CRM on a separate server than the ReportServer ? St=E9phane. On Feb 21, 10:46 am, "Stephane Dorrekens&...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...