Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0

Hi all ..
I am 8 months old in the Greate Plains......Now i want to write a
certification on "Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0".

Plz anyone can give suggestions,tips etc to me to pass the exam.

I have only one manual which will come with GP installation.Is it enough ?

If any body have  any other document or article let me know..

Thank you all,

Begginer in Dynamics
Vijay Kumar Kashetty
0
Kashetty (1)

If you are customersource / Partnersource then you will have access to
training material from your above accounts that is a best reference to
prepare for you exams, but still the manual which comes along with the Great
plains is also enough. the only difference is you have lab exercise to
practise a lot in training .

best of luck for your exam.
Akram.

"vijay kumar Kashetty" wrote:

> Hi all ..
> I am 8 months old in the Greate Plains......Now i want to write a
> certification on "Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0".
>
> Plz anyone can give suggestions,tips etc to me to pass the exam.
>
> I have only one manual which will come with GP installation.Is it enough ?
>
> If any body have  any other document or article let me know..
>
> Thank you all,
>
> Begginer in Dynamics
> Vijay Kumar Kashetty
0
Akram1 (98)
3/1/2007 6:43:10 AM
Hi thanks for u r reply.....

If u get any information please update me.....

Thanks & Regards
Vijay Kumar Kashetty

"Akram" wrote:

> If you are customersource / Partnersource then you will have access to
> training material from your above accounts that is a best reference to
> prepare for you exams, but still the manual which comes along with the Great
> plains is also enough. the only difference is you have lab exercise to
> practise a lot in training .
>
> best of luck for your exam.
> Akram.
>
> "vijay kumar Kashetty" wrote:
>
> > Hi all ..
> > I am 8 months old in the Greate Plains......Now i want to write a
> > certification on "Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0".
> >
> > Plz anyone can give suggestions,tips etc to me to pass the exam.
> >
> > I have only one manual which will come with GP installation.Is it enough ?
> >
> > If any body have  any other document or article let me know..
> >
> > Thank you all,
> >
> > Begginer in Dynamics
> > Vijay Kumar Kashetty
Hi Vijay,
            The pdf document available with installation CD is enough for
your exam. But if you require further help think you can go through
http://www.ibgnet.com where you have training for modifier with VBA .

                           All the best for your exam
--
Aditya

"vijay kumar Kashetty" wrote:

> Hi thanks for u r reply.....
>
> If u get any information please update me.....
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Vijay Kumar Kashetty
>
> "Akram" wrote:
>
> > If you are customersource / Partnersource then you will have access to
> > training material from your above accounts that is a best reference to
> > prepare for you exams, but still the manual which comes along with the Great
> > plains is also enough. the only difference is you have lab exercise to
> > practise a lot in training .
> >
> > best of luck for your exam.
> > Akram.
> >
> > "vijay kumar Kashetty" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all ..
> > > I am 8 months old in the Greate Plains......Now i want to write a
> > > certification on "Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0".
> > >
> > > Plz anyone can give suggestions,tips etc to me to pass the exam.
> > >
> > > I have only one manual which will come with GP installation.Is it enough ?
> > >
> > > If any body have  any other document or article let me know..
> > >
> > > Thank you all,
> > >
> > > Begginer in Dynamics
> > > Vijay Kumar Kashetty
0
Aditya (20)

Workflow or Code (CRM 4.0)
I'm not sure if this is even possible I think it is, but I can't figure out how to do this via workflow. I'm open to doing this either way, if both are possible. Any details are appreciated. Scenario: When a contact is created or updated for an Account that is a "Vendor" with type "1" then I want to create the same contact for all Accounts that are "Customers" that are also type "1". Please note I need to be able to scan through all accounts (We only have 60). This does not have to happen real time but near real time. I like pictu...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Urgent-Urgent VBA LOOP
Hello, I need help to determine with thr VBA procedure below, I can to a loop to evaluate each row in column C. VBA Procedure If VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2").Value = "SP" Then Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2") Else Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("F99") End If If VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2").Value = "SP" Then Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2") Else Set CellToC...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

GP 7.5 on win2k3 Terminal Server problems
Strange problem seems to limit number of users accessing Great Plains to 3... All eight users are logged on to the Terminal server fine. Yet only three at a time can access GP. Contractor who is doing the GP install says she has never seen anything like this. Another friend has said that in the past, he has seen a special post-install script that must be run for TS installs of GP, but the contractor says this is now redundant... SQL Server 2000 sp3 with *per CPU License*. Terminal server is a fresh install with no TS CALs installed yet, but the 90-day temp licenses should be fine for t...

Mail merging functionnality in 3.0
Hi everyone, My client is actually using v1.2 and is about to upgrade to v3.0 within six months. I would like to know if it is possible to use custom fields in the Contact object with the merging functionnality of SFO? This is unfortunately impossible in v1.2. Thanks in advance for any response, Mathieu Cloutier, Quebec city. Unfortunately this is not possible in CRM 3.0 either. However, there is a third party product by MSCRM-Addons called WordMailMerge that can include custom fields. I have used it and it works great and it's really pretty cheap. Definitely worth the investme...

Memory limits to MS VC++ 6.0
Is there any limit (besides the 4GB limit) to the amount of memory that can be stored in a std::vector under MS Windows XP Pro, and MS VC++ 6.0 ??? Peter Olcott wrote: > Is there any limit (besides the 4GB limit) to the amount of memory that can be > stored in a std::vector under MS Windows XP Pro, and MS VC++ 6.0 ??? The total memory available to any one program is limited to 2 GB. This is a Windows limit - the compiler is irrelevant. Of course, you can't get all 2 GB in a std::vector because you need space for code, stack, other variables, and some loss due to memory a...

VBA Input box (or MsgBox) with pull down or choices
Hello, MS Excel 2003 on XP PRO. I'm looking to generate a popup (msg box or input box) that instead of free form text has a "combobox" or "pulldown" to it. So that the user picks a value from a list, and hits OK. This way they can't input incorrect values. Is this possible? If not I have back up methods but this would be PERFECT for my application. Thanks, -- BlueWolverine MSE - Mech. Eng. Go BLUE! Many options here. From a simple worksheet Data Validation List to a UserForm with controls. In between can be Combox, ListBox etc. ...

Upgrade from 7.5 to 9.0
We are getting ready to upgrade from 7.5 to 9.0 (SQL 2000) and we have several modified forms that have VBA 6.0 code related to them. Does 9.0 support the 6.0 VBA or will the VBA have to be converted to VBA.Net Hi Laura Anne, There is no such thing as VBA.NET. That's not to say that all of your VBA code will migrate elegantly to the GP 9.0 platform, but there is little you can do preconversion. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "Laura Anne" wrote: > We are getting ready to upgrade fr...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

zip code credit card verification POS v2.0
Posting this as a separate suggestion as existing posts are for RMS. This is specifically for POS (not RMS): Suggest Microsoft work with their "recommended" mechant service providers to provide the capability to qualify credit card transactions with zip code verification. After reviewing the fees on my bill that my mechant services provider was charging, they recommended using zip code verification to reduce my charges/rates. MS technical support confirmed that MS POS does NOT support this feature. This puts MS POS as a disadvantage over competitve point of sale systems and cau...

EDI and GP
Hi there, we are looking at EDI "providers" True Commerce, Data Mason's Vantage Point, and V-Sync. I am looking for any feedback you might have, good or bad, on any of these three. If you would feel more comfortable sharing negative feedback privately please let me know. Thanks in advance! Jason Hi, I've used vSync's EDI solution for GP quite a few years between 2004 and 2007. Being a Canadian company, we felt that they had troubles to really understand the specific situation of the Canadian market, essentially when it came to tax calculation and so...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Round(0.5) returns 0.
Hi, Dim d as double d= 0.5 Round(d) returns 0 d= 1.5 Round(d) returns 2 I need Round(0.5) = 1. Is it possible in .net? -- Thanks & regards, V.Vallikkannu This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly pro...

Optimum Calculation using VBA
I have developed a file to advise me when I should rise the weight of a airfreight shipment to receive the best rates available. (It's still quite rudimentary at this stage) How it works is like this...let's assume anything up to 45 kgs will cost $4.70 per kg, anything equal or above 45 kgs will cost $4.00 per kg. If we consider that 45 kgs X $4.00 costs $180.00, then any shipment above 38 kgs at $4.70 per kg will cost more (39 kgs X $4.70 will cost $183.33, nothing less than a whole kg is valid). Therefore, it is best to raise the shipment weight to 45 kgs to avoid paying undue shi...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

CRM3.0: How the SQL Reports handled, as RDL or RDLC?
Hi folks, my question is in the subject, if i use the SQL Reporting Engine for Reports, how CRM handle the Reports, in which Format, RDL or RDLC? thank you in advance, taxi Hello Taxi, According to the Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK, you will use .rdl files to upload reports. Please refer to the topic "Report Writers Guide" in the SDK. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "taxi007" wrote: > Hi folks, > my question is in the subject, if i use the SQL Reporting Engine for > Reports, how CRM handle the Reports, in which Format, RDL or RDLC? > > thank you in adv...

Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Budgets
I'm on Dynamics GP Version 9.00.0281, SQL 2000 (8.00.2039). A user deleted a Budget ID (Cards, Financial, Budgets). I restored a backup from last night into the TEST company (Development Database) using knowledgebase article 871973 (How to set up a company with a copy of live data using SQL 2000). I want to use DTS to copy the data in the budget tables from TEST to the live company. I need to know the tables that hold the budget data. -- Thanks Titan GL00200 contains header info, GL00201 contains the budget details. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions, LLC Melbourne, FL Yo...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

File Downloads in VBA
I'm trying to automate file downloads. Within VBA I'm accessing a hyperlink that pops up a file download dialog box, how do I automate key pressing to open or save the file? (I'm using Excel2003.) TIA, Sysygy shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > I'm trying to automate file downloads. Within VBA I'm accessing a > hyperlink that pops up a file download dialog box, how do I automate > key pressing to open or save the file? > (I'm using Excel2003.) > TIA, I would create a text file with ftp commands, and parse that through the commandlin...

Accounts & Contacts Company Name CRM & GP
Our company is in the process of implementing a crm3 to great plains 9. We were told that we need to convert Leads to Accounts & Contacts for the way Great Plains & Crm Integrates using the Scribe solution we purchased. The problem is that when we have multiple accounts with the same company name that they do not import correctly. These ARE NOT the same company even though they have the same company name. We are trying to figure out how this will work in CRM and Great Plains. For example we could have RE/MAX Northwest in Chicago area and a RE/MAX Northwest in Texas that are n...

Re: Create ItemCheck event with Listview from Common Controls 5.0
I tried subclassing, but couldn't find a way to get the index of the ticked checkbox, but using the MouseUp event with HitTest, SendMessage and LVM_GETITEMSTATE works fine too. Thanks you, Chris "Chris" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:667a7$4bacdb58$5ed66c20$13077@cache5.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... >I tried subclassing, but couldn't find a way to get the index of the ticked >checkbox, Not the ListView itself, you have to subcalss the form itself to see WM_NOTIFY. I am glad that you found an easier way. ...