Modifier/VBA or Extender to track additional Employee Detail

  I want to add check boxes (about 10-15) to an employee maintenance
screen to track an employees access to certain applications within the
organization.  For insantce - I'd have a check box for Cognos access.
If an employee has access to this application then the check box would
be checked for this employee.  Easy enough.

  I'm looking for recommendations.  Would this be easier to do with
Extender or Modifer with VBA?

  Has anybody else done anything similar?  If so, which would you
recommend?

Thanks in advance!

What's easiest depends upon you and the resources you have. If you are not a
VBA programmer and do not have access to somebody who is, you should go with
Extender. You can create an Extender window in five minutes. Plus, for one
price of purchasing Extender, you can create unlimited windows.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"ba_wvu" wrote:

>   I want to add check boxes (about 10-15) to an employee maintenance
> screen to track an employees access to certain applications within the
> organization.  For insantce - I'd have a check box for Cognos access.
> If an employee has access to this application then the check box would
> be checked for this employee.  Easy enough.
>
>   I'm looking for recommendations.  Would this be easier to do with
> Extender or Modifer with VBA?
>
>   Has anybody else done anything similar?  If so, which would you
> recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance!

0
callen (2505)
1/29/2007 8:12:01 PM
I would recommend eXtender as well - cheap and easy (especially if you
already own it).
I am biased. I am not a programmer but do all our company's eXtender
'development'. VBA is outsourced and becomes a big headache to manage.

My only suggestion ..
IF you need access to the data outside GP (or on reports), you should
understand how eXtender data is stored in the SQL tables .. it is a little
"special" :)

Hope this helps.
Maria.

"ba_wvu" wrote:

>   I want to add check boxes (about 10-15) to an employee maintenance
> screen to track an employees access to certain applications within the
> organization.  For insantce - I'd have a check box for Cognos access.
> If an employee has access to this application then the check box would
> be checked for this employee.  Easy enough.
>
>   I'm looking for recommendations.  Would this be easier to do with
> Extender or Modifer with VBA?
>
>   Has anybody else done anything similar?  If so, which would you
> recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance!

0
Maria1 (236)
1/29/2007 8:59:02 PM
Maria,

Make sure you are taking advantage of Extender views when wanting to view
Extender data outside of GP.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Maria" wrote:

> I would recommend eXtender as well - cheap and easy (especially if you
> already own it).
> I am biased. I am not a programmer but do all our company's eXtender
> 'development'. VBA is outsourced and becomes a big headache to manage.
>
> My only suggestion ..
> IF you need access to the data outside GP (or on reports), you should
> understand how eXtender data is stored in the SQL tables .. it is a little
> "special" :)
>
> Hope this helps.
> Maria.
>
> "ba_wvu" wrote:
>
> >   I want to add check boxes (about 10-15) to an employee maintenance
> > screen to track an employees access to certain applications within the
> > organization.  For insantce - I'd have a check box for Cognos access.
> > If an employee has access to this application then the check box would
> > be checked for this employee.  Easy enough.
> >
> >   I'm looking for recommendations.  Would this be easier to do with
> > Extender or Modifer with VBA?
> >
> >   Has anybody else done anything similar?  If so, which would you
> > recommend?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!

0
callen (2505)

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Urgent-Urgent VBA LOOP
Hello, I need help to determine with thr VBA procedure below, I can to a loop to evaluate each row in column C. VBA Procedure If VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2").Value = "SP" Then Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2") Else Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("F99") End If If VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2").Value = "SP" Then Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2") Else Set CellToC...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

spreadsheet to track intermittent FMLA
Could someone tell me how to make an Excel spreadsheet to track intermittent FMLA? I do not know very much about Excel, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Tricia Details.... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Tricia0228" <Tricia0228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3ED18E8-8BB1-4E8B-B112-5F73AB50AAE1@microsoft.com... > Could someone tell me how to make an Excel spreadsheet to track > intermittent > FMLA? I do not know very much about Excel, so any help would be > apprec...

VBA Input box (or MsgBox) with pull down or choices
Hello, MS Excel 2003 on XP PRO. I'm looking to generate a popup (msg box or input box) that instead of free form text has a "combobox" or "pulldown" to it. So that the user picks a value from a list, and hits OK. This way they can't input incorrect values. Is this possible? If not I have back up methods but this would be PERFECT for my application. Thanks, -- BlueWolverine MSE - Mech. Eng. Go BLUE! Many options here. From a simple worksheet Data Validation List to a UserForm with controls. In between can be Combox, ListBox etc. ...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Additional Y-Axis Area Chart
Anyone know how to add another y-axis to a simple area chart? Thanks a bunch! Jack ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Jack - You need at least two series in the chart to show two sets of axes. Double click on one of the series, click on the Axis tab, and select Secondary. Now format everything so the area series on the secondary axis doesn't obscure the series on the primary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities....

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Converting Money 2001 International addition file to 2006 US editi
I have been using Money 2001 International Addition (English) file bought in India all these years. I am very sastified with it. I have now moved to US and recently bought and installed Money 2006 Premium edition. While installing 2006 the older version needed to be uninstalled as per instalation procedure. Now Money 2006 is unable to convert my old version money file into 2006. It gives a message that this file "cannot be opened because it was created using a different version of Money". Is there a way I can convert the old file and use it on 2006 In microsoft.public.money, ...

Optimum Calculation using VBA
I have developed a file to advise me when I should rise the weight of a airfreight shipment to receive the best rates available. (It's still quite rudimentary at this stage) How it works is like this...let's assume anything up to 45 kgs will cost $4.70 per kg, anything equal or above 45 kgs will cost $4.00 per kg. If we consider that 45 kgs X $4.00 costs $180.00, then any shipment above 38 kgs at $4.70 per kg will cost more (39 kgs X $4.70 will cost $183.33, nothing less than a whole kg is valid). Therefore, it is best to raise the shipment weight to 45 kgs to avoid paying undue shi...

Tracking users who open my workbook
Sorry ... continuation of my previous e-mail. The hidden worksheet or separate workbook to be set up for example ... so username is in column A, date column B and time in column C. Fred Flintstone hu kiteb: > Sorry ... continuation of my previous e-mail. > > The hidden worksheet or separate workbook to be set up for example > ... so username is in column A, date column B and time in column C. What's to stop someone from copying the file and viewing it locally, or viewing it without making changes? It is quite easy for a given user to see the contents without forcing a sav...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

File Downloads in VBA
I'm trying to automate file downloads. Within VBA I'm accessing a hyperlink that pops up a file download dialog box, how do I automate key pressing to open or save the file? (I'm using Excel2003.) TIA, Sysygy shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > I'm trying to automate file downloads. Within VBA I'm accessing a > hyperlink that pops up a file download dialog box, how do I automate > key pressing to open or save the file? > (I'm using Excel2003.) > TIA, I would create a text file with ftp commands, and parse that through the commandlin...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

eXtender SOP Reports - GP8
The following calculated field exists on some eXtender reports: FUNCTION_SCRIPT( RW_SOP_GetCustomerItemDescription SOP_LINE_WORKItemNumber) I would like to add it to my modified report, but cannot seem to find the function. I have followed the instructions, and checked what functions are available under each module (and only saw one). Would anyone know what I'm missing? Is this a GP functions that I have to bring into the eXtender library? If so, how? Is it not already here if I see it used [successfully] on other reports? Thank you, Maria. ...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...

Modified by on
Hi gurus, I am doing 2008 operating plan and i have created over 30 excel templates to be used by every unit in my department. I stored these templates on a shared folder onto my pc and accessable thru a webpage i creaeted for this purpose. I wanted to know who submitted what in a glance, so i created another file called "status" with a list of all units with total unit budget against the unit. The total cell reads from the unit's template. Now, i know which unit has updated its file if the total against the unit name shows other than $0 ... but i am not really happy with this. I...

Extender Inquiries into GP Data
Is it possible to use extender to fetch gp data and return it to the screen via a trigger field? I have a need to display item history for a customer. The requirements are when on the order entry screen and I add an item from inventory... Upon leaving the item a window will open showing the history of that item for the spacific customer. I would like to return the qty and unit price the last time the item was purchased by that customer. Can this be done using extender? Not with the version Microsoft sells and I don't think it is possible with the Enterprise version eOne sells. Yo...

Vba #5
I don't have a clue to using VBA. How do you begin to enter code t perform tasks? Please Help Anit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Anita here's my 2cents worth .... depends on how you learn - if you're a "play around and see what happens" type of person then record a couple of macros and look at the code generated to record macros use tools / macro / record new macro ... do some that sorts stuff maybe a subtotal maybe changes font wouldn't do all in the same macro - it's easier to understand the code if there'...

Modifying cell entries?
Hi all, I have a range of cells in a spreadsheet containing values, say cell A1 : C5. Example as follows: A B C 1 100 100 100 2 100 100 100 3 100 100 100 4 100 100 100 5 100 100 100 I often need to edit all the individual cells in the range to become "=100*86%" because i need to keep the original value in the cell as well as shown the resulted value in the cells too, in this case it is 86 (result after 100 multiple by 86 percent). How do i cr...

Attachement Modified\Create Date
Using Outlook 2007 SP2. When I save an attachment it sometimes shows the "Date Created" as the date the file was actually created. Sometimes it shows the "Date Created" as date the e-mail was recieved. I have not done much testing on this, but it does not seem to be consistent...at least when dealing with MS Word files ......PDFs always seem to show the date as the date and time of the e-mail. Does not seem to make a difference how I attach the file or how I save the file either. It is just inconsistent. Can anyone help or explain? ...