Missing Inventory Transactions

We recently discovered that all of our historical inventory transactions
prior to a certain date are gone.  I am fairly certain that we did not use
the "remove transaction history" utility.  2 questions:
1.  Is there any other way this history could be lost besides using the
utility?
2. Is it possible, using a backup file, to restore this history?
Thanks for any and all help.
0
gpro (1)

company and restore your backup to that test company.  Then open the history
tables and delete all of the information currently in your live history
tables.  Then use DTS to import this data from the test company to the live
company.

Now.....if this is not perfectly clear to you....find some one that
understands it exactly to do this.  And for sure, make a backup of the live
company before starting.

You might want to consult our Information Flow and Posting book for more
information on the tables.

Richard Whaley
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"gpro" wrote:

> We recently discovered that all of our historical inventory transactions
> prior to a certain date are gone.  I am fairly certain that we did not use
> the "remove transaction history" utility.  2 questions:
> 1.  Is there any other way this history could be lost besides using the
> utility?
> 2. Is it possible, using a backup file, to restore this history?
> Thanks for any and all help.

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Unit Cost in Item Transaction Entry (GP8.0)
I have a simple question: When creating an Adjustment that has a negative quantity, how is the unit cost of the line item determined? We are using Lots with FIFO control. Our Lots are created via receivers, and the unit cost in the receiver's lot can match the IV00300 table, but IV10001.UNITCOST comes up with something different - why is this? If you are doing an inventory reduction (negative adjustment) under a FIFO valuation method, the cost of the adjustment should come from the first inventory receipt transaction with unsold quantities remaining (First In/First Out) In other w...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Barcode transactions & inventory????
Hello All, I've been using Access since '97 in the manufacturing sector, but now I'm developing something for a retail outlet and it is unfamiliar territory for me. I need to have a UPC or barcode reader remove items from inventory and at the same time create a receipt. Is there a barcode reader that communicates well with access? I guess I would set the field up to receive a number, but how do I get it to receive the number on each record sold and reduce that item number from the inventory? Your help is much appreciated, Thanks, Al On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:04:13 -0800...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Can you download transactions with MS Money 2004?
Hi Everyone, I thought I'd give a last ditch effort to try to get my problem resolved. Basically, I can't download statements anymore from Fidelity. Every now and then it MIGHT download a few transactions, but definately not the complete batch that is available for me. I have no idea what is wrong or even if I have done something to make this happen. Here is the scenario. I issue a "Get Online Statements" from MS Money. It does some work, like getting quotes and the latest Money updates. But I have no statments to read. I have no idea why. If I can't ge...

Missing Message Text

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

HOW do you move multiple transactions at once?
Ok, so I am going to try to play by Money's rules... I have an account that was downloaded. I can't merge this account with my old account for two reasons. 1.) It will "delete all old transactions to prevent duplicates" - Whomever approved this design needs a talking to. 2.) If I do, it will simply create the account again! So, I then tried exporting my old account and re-importing it... the problem here is that Transfers and Payees are all messed up, requiring a LOT of manual work! So now I am trying "Cut & paste to Account" which works, but I only seem ...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

ACH Transactions Not Hitting Correct Check Register
Our payroll direct deposit ACH file sometimes goes into the wrong checkbook. We can't figure out where this is happening in the payroll process. The problem is intermittent and involves several incorrect checkbooks. The GL and PR records are fine... just the check registers are wrong. Thanks in advance! ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Inventory Pics attached to item cards
We have a customer who wants to add pics of inventory items to item cards we know we can do it in notes, however the following two questions have come up and I can't seem to find solutions, Any help would be great. Could you please email me at jims@em-powered.com as will have limited access to this site for the next few days, Thanks, Jim Empower Business Solutions, GP Gold Partner Altoona, PA 16602 814-942-8777. 1. Is there a way to bulk add pictures to inventory item master file and attached them to item numbers in GP? 2. Do you know what table the note resides in Inventory card...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Missing .dll on opening
Upon opening Outlook 2002 I get a message that I am missing MociExt.dll but I cannot get it to reload during any sort of fix or reinstall of Outlook. Any ideas? This started occuring after a recent update I did to Office. John, I don't believe that's a file installed by Office/Outlook. So, my guess is that you have an Outlook add-in that's causing this problem. Please do the following steps to confirm this assumption: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Press and hold the CTRL key as you launch Outlook. 3. When prompted to start in Safe mode click Yes. Does the error occur? If not, please...

Windows XP Home Edition Config\System Missing
Hi: My 15 year-old daughter has a Gateway system that is 4 years old, running XP Home. Today she encountered a black screen on start-up that essentially states Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\CONFIG. We can't find the Operating System CD for Windows XP Home, and my XP Professional OS disc I read cannot be used instead. I have a read a resolution that requires ijnsertion of the OS XP Home disc; boot from CD; Windows set-up initializes and press "R" to repair recovery console; hard drive is examined; pe...

No journal entry created for transaction
In some cases where the CC or check transaction fails, a journal entry is not created for the transaction. All other aspects of the transaction are completed successfully. An entry exists in the transaction table, the transaction entry table, purchase history for the customer exists related to the transaction, on hand inventory is decremented, etc., just no journal entry created. Has anyone else seen this? How are you cleaning this up? Is there a way to re-render the receipt for the transaction? Please advise. Thanks! I have seen this since updating to RMS 2.0. The short term ans...

Scanpst missing
Outlook says there is problem with c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and to run scanpst.exe. I have Vista and after searching computer cannot find the file. Is there a way to download this file? My computer is french so I don't always knowthe translations It's there. Are you using 64bit vista? if so, office is in the 32 bit programs file. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Font missing
I created a document in Publisher and printed it. Opened document a week later and received 'font missing' error message. In the Format...Font dialong box the font's name is there with the word (missing) next to it. Where did it go? Are you using a font manager? Maybe the link was broken. Do you have the font somewhere else on your computer? If so install/re-install it. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9390E623-E0FE-498A-AA6...

IMF Console missing??
Hello i just have one question , simple i hope! I use my pc (windows xp pro SP2) with a custom console to administer my domain , exchange , dns , etc... Everything is working fine. Last month i installed on my exchange , the IMF from microsoft. When i am logging on to my exchange machine localy or through RDC i can see in exchange system manager below SMTP ,the IMF icon and i am able to change setting install filters and so on... When i open my console from my pc and use exchange system manager console (i have installed exchange management tools and sp1) i cannot see IMF icon below SMTP Vitu...

Missing Email #4
I am running a 2003 exchange server and one of my users sayes he isn't getting some mail that people say they are sending him. There is a mailbox listed in mailboxes called "Systemmailbox - {GIUD}" there are items listed in there. Could this be the missing mail? And is there anyway to see what these items are. Thanks for any help Damian It won't be in the System Mailbox. The System Mailbox contains schema information. There's generally no reason to ever need to access it unless PSS is instructing you to. As far as your user, make sure that you have message t...

Toolbars Missing, And option to Add Missing
Hi, My Problem is that my normal 'Formatting' toolbar is missing. When I right click on the 'Standard' toolbar to add/view the 'Formatting' the only options i have is: 'Task Pane' & 'Customize'. In 'Customize' the only tool bars listed is the 'Task Pane' & 'Work Sheet Menu Bar' Anyone know how to resolve my Problem... Please Pull-down View > Toolbars There should be about 15 bars listed. if not then select Customize > Toolbars and then push the reset button. -- Gary''s Student "SmeetaG"...