Migration

I'm having trouble migrating compagnies to a new servert. I've gone threw the
new server, created the compagnies names exactly the same names and I can
export the majority of the tables to the new server. About 40 tables did not
transfer. I can see my employee cards everything seems ok but I can't add
employee, create a batch...run existing batch.

I've also done a backup and tryed restoring it on the new server.

The error I have is
"This recod has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't
be saved."

What is the proper way for migrating GP to a new server?

There is a knowledgebase article that details the steps and includes the
scripts for moving data from one server to another. There's no table-by-table
export/import required.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Migrating!" wrote:

> I'm having trouble migrating compagnies to a new servert. I've gone threw the
> new server, created the compagnies names exactly the same names and I can
> export the majority of the tables to the new server. About 40 tables did not
> transfer. I can see my employee cards everything seems ok but I can't add
> employee, create a batch...run existing batch.
>
> I've also done a backup and tryed restoring it on the new server.
>
> The error I have is
> "This recod has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't
> be saved."
>
> What is the proper way for migrating GP to a new server?
0
callen (2505)
5/12/2006 8:35:01 PM
Where would I download or read this article you speak of I've been googling a
few queries and I mostly get upgrade from version 7.0 to 8.0 and so on
information popping up.

Regards,

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> There is a knowledgebase article that details the steps and includes the
> scripts for moving data from one server to another. There's no table-by-table
> export/import required.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Migrating!" wrote:
>
> > I'm having trouble migrating compagnies to a new servert. I've gone threw the
> > new server, created the compagnies names exactly the same names and I can
> > export the majority of the tables to the new server. About 40 tables did not
> > transfer. I can see my employee cards everything seems ok but I can't add
> > employee, create a batch...run existing batch.
> >
> > I've also done a backup and tryed restoring it on the new server.
> >
> > The error I have is
> > "This recod has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't
> > be saved."
> >
> > What is the proper way for migrating GP to a new server?
0
Migrating (7)
5/16/2006 5:52:02 PM
You download it from the knowledge base in CustomerSource.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Migrating!" wrote:

> Where would I download or read this article you speak of I've been googling a
> few queries and I mostly get upgrade from version 7.0 to 8.0 and so on
> information popping up.
>
> Regards,
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > There is a knowledgebase article that details the steps and includes the
> > scripts for moving data from one server to another. There's no table-by-table
> > export/import required.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Migrating!" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm having trouble migrating compagnies to a new servert. I've gone threw the
> > > new server, created the compagnies names exactly the same names and I can
> > > export the majority of the tables to the new server. About 40 tables did not
> > > transfer. I can see my employee cards everything seems ok but I can't add
> > > employee, create a batch...run existing batch.
> > >
> > > I've also done a backup and tryed restoring it on the new server.
> > >
> > > The error I have is
> > > "This recod has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't
> > > be saved."
> > >
> > > What is the proper way for migrating GP to a new server?
0
callen (2505)
5/17/2006 2:18:01 AM
I notice your post here I haven't been able to find documentation on how to
replicate my server onto a differente server.
rgrenier@atrium.ca

What kind of replication do you want to do? You are limited in your options
when dealing with Great Plains. I have a document that's been out for years
but is still relevant since the GP architecture has not changed since it was
published. Send an e-mail to me and I'll send it to you.