Migrating data from GP to GP

Hi,

I have a GP7.5 installation when all data is, and a new GP8 installation on 
a different server.
I need to migrate inventory data from the GP7.5 to GP8.
I know that i should use the integration manager. But using it means that i 
should know the data source structure which is GP, and this is very complex 
because i need to migrate all inventory module, not a few data.
PS: i don't what to make an upgrade because other modules are different in 
the 2 installations.

Does anyone have any idea on this issue?

Regards,
Hanady
0
Samra (1)
12/6/2004 8:09:05 AM
greatplains 29623 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
827 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

Have tried just using DTS within SQL Server choosing your 7.5 server as the 
source and the 8.0 as the destination?  Once you copy over the IV00101, you 
can then run check links on 8.0 to make sure all foreign tables are updated.  

"Hanady Abou Samra" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have a GP7.5 installation when all data is, and a new GP8 installation on 
> a different server.
> I need to migrate inventory data from the GP7.5 to GP8.
> I know that i should use the integration manager. But using it means that i 
> should know the data source structure which is GP, and this is very complex 
> because i need to migrate all inventory module, not a few data.
> PS: i don't what to make an upgrade because other modules are different in 
> the 2 installations.
> 
> Does anyone have any idea on this issue?
> 
> Regards,
> Hanady
0
Luvsql (265)
12/6/2004 4:31:03 PM
If I were going to move the GP 7.5 IV data to GP 8.0, I would take the whole 
GP 7.5, move it to another server, clear the data I don't want, then install 
GP 8.0 and update the data I do want to 8.0 and install the additional 
modules.

"Hanady Abou Samra" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have a GP7.5 installation when all data is, and a new GP8 installation on 
> a different server.
> I need to migrate inventory data from the GP7.5 to GP8.
> I know that i should use the integration manager. But using it means that i 
> should know the data source structure which is GP, and this is very complex 
> because i need to migrate all inventory module, not a few data.
> PS: i don't what to make an upgrade because other modules are different in 
> the 2 installations.
> 
> Does anyone have any idea on this issue?
> 
> Regards,
> Hanady
0
jbergh (5)
12/14/2004 6:21:03 PM
Hi how are you doing?

I would make a copy in 7.5 and clear the data you dont need, or make a copy
and upgrade to 8 then clear the data you dont need.

DTS from 7.5 to 8.0 could be a minefield.

Regards
Carol Anne Guy
(trainer Dubai December 2003)

"Hanady Abou Samra" <Hanady Abou Samra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:EAD30735-4266-4E47-944E-FB3F1AB89014@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a GP7.5 installation when all data is, and a new GP8 installation
on
> a different server.
> I need to migrate inventory data from the GP7.5 to GP8.
> I know that i should use the integration manager. But using it means that
i
> should know the data source structure which is GP, and this is very
complex
> because i need to migrate all inventory module, not a few data.
> PS: i don't what to make an upgrade because other modules are different in
> the 2 installations.
>
> Does anyone have any idea on this issue?
>
> Regards,
> Hanady


0
caguy (27)
2/1/2005 3:53:14 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Dynamics GP 9.0 macro/script issue.
We have a macro that executes once a week to perform check links on all companies in Dynamics GP 9.0. This script used to work fine but lately the script does no log out and close the instance of GP after finishing the script. First i though maybe it's getting stuck somewhere in the middle of the script and that is why it does not log out and close the instance of GP, but when i check the logs, it says that the last statement executed was to log out and close the instance of GP. This is the code that is last executed. ================= CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

Accounting for change in data over time
Please help, I'm having a brain freeze today, and I can't figure out what should be obvious. I have three tables: tblOrgs that holds information about an organization tblContacts that holds information about the peple that work at organizations tblMarketingRecords that hold marketing information about the organizations and the contacts that have been made. I need to account for two things that can change over time: the first is the person's title; the second is their association with the organizaion. In the first case, a person's title was Admin and is now Associate. ...

Copy data from one worksheet to another
Dear All, I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and "incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into two seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there any formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet and "incomplete" in another worksheet ? It's quite clumsy to do the sorting and cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks Best Rdgs Ellis Hi Ellis Three ways Manual Use AutoFilter and copy the visibl...

Abstracting Error Bar Data From Charts
I have a series of charts that I build each day and mail out to multiple recipients. Some of them would like to see the underlying data. Rather than send the data files, I have provided them with a macro to abstract the data from the charts they already receive, and to set the source for the chart to that abstracted data. Fine, except for the error bars. The charts contain custom error bars on one series, and I'd like to abstract those from the charts too. But I can not find the place in the object model where the data is stored. I know that the Chart.SeriesCollection will tell me whethe...

Only The Report Header Is Printing
I use an Access application here at work, which includes a button on a form to print a report. When I try to print the report nothing comes out but the header of the report. I'm very new to using Access and really don't know the ins and outs of it at all. I have looked in a couple of different Access training books, but I don't know what I'm really looking for. I'm frustated and need help. Does the report have a RecordSource? A table or query that is providing the data to the report? Do you have controls on the report that are bound to fields in that RecordSource table...

How to create a Pivottable with text only data
Using Microsoft Excel 2007, how can you create a Pivottable with text only data ? Below is the data source: A B C 1 Item Status State 2 Apple Keep Washington 3 Orange Keep Florida 4 Banana Void Foreign The Pivottable will filter in all items that have a status of "Keep" and will include each item's associated state. Below is the desired output of the Pivottable. A B 1 Item State 2 Apple Washington 3 Orange Florida Any ideas ? - Ronald K. Figured it out. Just had to set the Pivottable's report layout to tabular and then expand the Pivottable with the other ...

Change Data from Now() to Date() Format
I've been entering data ( for some time ) in one of my field in a database with the Now() format - eg: 11/26/2007 9:52:0a AM I've now discovered that I should have used the standard date() format - eg: 11/26/2007 This would facilitate my record retrieval in the future. Is there a way to do an update query that will change to format from Now() to Date() without affecting the the contents of the data . Thanks for all your help. Take is easy on the cross posting here. It is considered VERY RUDE to just throw out your question to a GAZILLION newsgroups with the thought that this...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000
...

crm not moving order to GP
we seem to have problem getting order to come across to great plains all the time. after the order is sent i get the TTL expired and it get lock up... how can i unlock it so i can resend? ...

transpose two rows of data
I have data on two rows and I want to flip them., i.e., I want to move the data in row 1 to row 2 and vice versa. Any way to do this? All I've been able to do is a cut and paste, which is really time-consuming. Thanks in advance for your help! Copy the data, click on a new cell, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Transpose. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have data on two rows and I want to flip them., i.e., I want to move the >data in row 1 to row 2 and vice versa. Any way to do this? All I've been >able to do is a cut and paste, wh...

Problem reinstalling data after computer crash on money 2003
Help. My computer crashed. I have a data backup for Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I reinstall it and it seems to take it, but there is no data or accounts there when I finish. Please help, Larry This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C43D13.F2D4ECD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When you say that you "reinstall it and it seem to take" =3D what = exactly have you done to get to that point? Did you have to reinstall any software following your crash? Did you try cl...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Using the 'onChange' Event to control data entry.
I would like to know if anyone has any significant experience customizing CRM and using the onChange event. I have created a number of custom fields and what I would like to do is have an onChange event that makes some fields unavailable when a certain item is chosen from the dropdown list. Is this at all possible? Cheers, Rob. Rob, Is it possible? Yes. Will it be supported? No. One problem you will run into is how to "trigger" this code when an existing record is displayed. This is where you are going to get into unsupported changes. You will need to modify the page so ...

Unbind Charts From Data?
I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one tab with 6 charts based on that data. I want to export the tab with the charts into a new Excel book, but I basically want the charts to be "snapshots" - not dependant on the source data. Is there any way to do this? -- Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now! Jon Peltier has instructions for delinking chart data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html MDW wrote: > I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one > tab wit...

VBA syntax to SUM() at two cells below last data item
Using 2003 & 97 Need VBA syntax to SUM() at two cells below last data item. In the code below, I selected the cell using relative then absolute referencing ActiveCell.Offset(-3, 1).Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-32]C:R[-1]C)" Seeing the above, I am not sure of the syntax for VBA to find the cell two rows below the last data item; summing from Row 2 to the last data item and place an Excel formula in that cell. Thoughts? TIA Dennis Clarification: There are ten different worksheets that will have varying amounts of data every mo...

Auto Sort 1 column and select data
I have found many solutions that come very close to the requirements I need for an auto sort and select. I like the formula posted on 1/13/2009. then found issues if numbers stored as test. was able to overcome that issues by adding INT the the original formula. I have a randon amount of data always in 35 columns. Once column f is different, it contains ids, unique and do not repeat. I could have 6 rows of data or 3000 rows. I populate this worksheet using an IF formula, and this formula is repeated all 3000 rows for each column. IF(source <>"",source,"") even...

hidden data.xls
Hi, would sombody tell me how this excel book is done, it has links t some data.xls, but I haven�t found this book anywher +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ApuImp.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4185 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- rj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rjl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3011 View this thread: http://www.exce...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Traspose Column data into Row
Hi, I want to transpose column data in to row. I have seen many posts (using INDEX or OFFSET functions) but all these solution assume a fixed block of data to be transposed, My problem is that the data i have not only has variable blocks to be transposed but also has some duplicate headings(headings are duplicate but the data in front of each heading has different value. Below is the example of data Col A Col B Col C PRODUCT COST COMPONENT COST$ A Raw Mat 10 A D L ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

How should I debug or adobt better data processing for high speed
Hello! I have a program in MFC that collects data via USB, process it and display graphs. When data rate is relatively low(max. 1K bytes/Sec) the program works Ok but when data speed exceeds 10K bytes/Sec program goes crazy after a while and shows fictionally data . There is no problem for display section because it is buffered ( I have a buffered DC). The problem seems to be data processing. Because program is huge I can't post codes and I do not expect a solution but I try to explain general data processing scheme and I hope someone can advise me how to find weak points of progr...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

Look up data from a table in a text box
Hello, I have a text box on a form and I would like data to be viewed from a table. In the properties of the text box on the control source I place =[Date Ran]![DT_TM_RAN]. I thought this would show the data in the DT_TM_RAN field in the text box. But when I open the form it shows #Name? Can someone please direct me in the right direction to fix this issue. Thanks for your time. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 I think the Dlookup function is what you want. Help on that function should tell you e...

linking data with other workbooks
Hello, I have a spreadsheet (FrontEnd.xls) whos cell gets data from another spreadsheet using (='C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3). I then close both spreadsheets and open BackEnd.xls and insert a column causing the BackEnd data to now be C4. Now when I open the FrontEnd.xls I am asked if I want to update the links. After choosing "Yes", the cell is still pointing to "'C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3" rather then to C4. Is there a way to have the FrontEnd.xls spreadsheet update cell references that have shifted because of insertions or deletion of...