Migrating Customer from SBF to GP

As far as the process of 'migrating' a customer from SBF to GP, is all you
need to do is install GP, create a company database, and then restore that
database from a backup of the SBF company (the table structures within the
db’s “look” identical).

Dear Veridicus,

I am not sure! I would prefer to use integration manager instead, easy and
safe.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Veridicus" wrote:

> As far as the process of 'migrating' a customer from SBF to GP, is all you
> need to do is install GP, create a company database, and then restore that
> database from a backup of the SBF company (the table structures within the
> db’s “look” identical).
Veridicus:

Although at first glance the table structures appear the same between
SBF and GP, they are not.

MS provides a migration tool from SBF to GP.  Check
Deployment>Migration Tools in PartnerSource.  You'll find the tool and
documentation.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
10/15/2008 2:26:50 PM
Mohammad,
Thank you for your response.

"Mohammad Daoud" wrote:

> Dear Veridicus,
>
> I am not sure! I would prefer to use integration manager instead, easy and
> safe.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Software Development Manager
> +962 - 79 - 999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
>

> "Veridicus" wrote:
>
> > As far as the process of 'migrating' a customer from SBF to GP, is all you
> > need to do is install GP, create a company database, and then restore that
> > database from a backup of the SBF company (the table structures within the
> > db’s “look” identical).
Definitely use the migration tool provided by Microsoft.  Some of the tables
do have a different structure and the total number of tables is not the
same.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Veridicus" <veridicus_1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> As far as the process of 'migrating' a customer from SBF to GP, is all you
> need to do is install GP, create a company database, and then restore that
> database from a backup of the SBF company (the table structures within the
> db’s “look” identical).

0
victoria (3340)

Dynamics GP 9.0 macro/script issue.
We have a macro that executes once a week to perform check links on all companies in Dynamics GP 9.0. This script used to work fine but lately the script does no log out and close the instance of GP after finishing the script. First i though maybe it's getting stuck somewhere in the middle of the script and that is why it does not log out and close the instance of GP, but when i check the logs, it says that the last statement executed was to log out and close the instance of GP. This is the code that is last executed. ================= CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

How to create a custom lead attribute and have it survive conversi
I'd like to create a custom attrribute for the lead record and have it survive conversion to an account and opportunity record. How do I go about doing this? Applies to CRM 3.0 SBE Thanks! The basic steps would be to add a corresponding custom field to your account and opportunity entities, and then edit the relationship mappings for Leads>Accounts and Leads>Opportunities. Save and publish your changes and you should be good to go. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scorch" wrote: > I'd like to create a custom attrribute for the le...

alpha customers
I have an income list that reads: counter check- beverly ann counter check- debra beve and so forth. There are 100+ names. For some reason the list is not in alphabetical order. Is there a way I can alpha this list? ...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

crm not moving order to GP
we seem to have problem getting order to come across to great plains all the time. after the order is sent i get the TTL expired and it get lock up... how can i unlock it so i can resend? ...

Custom E-mail in the GAL ?
HI all, Is it possible to add a custom E-mail (SMTP) in the GAL WITHOUT adding a user in the AD ? Eg. mydomain.com for local users.. but also want other domain SMTP addresses to be visible in the GAL. Eg. billyboy@msn.com etc. Or better yet is it possible to import the contacts from my PST file ? Regards, Doz sure...just create a "contact"...not a user... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Doz" <Doz@Doz.Doz> wrote in message news:ttt6ze25exk1$.8sczp5btwkng.dlg@40tude.net... > HI all, > > Is it possible to add a custom E-mail (SMTP) in the GAL WITHOUT adding a u...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Paramater box pop up even if customer selected in combo box
Have this code Sub PrintReports(ReportView As AcView) ' This procedure used in Preview_Click and Print_Click Sub procedures. ' Preview or print report selected in the ReportToPrint option group. ' Then close the Print Sales Reports Dialog form. Dim strReportName As String Dim strReportFilter As String Dim lOrderCount As Long ' Determine report filtering If Nz(Me.lstReportFilter) <> "" Then strReportFilter = "([SalesGroupingField] = """ & Me.lstReportFilter & """)&q...

How do you include a custom field in a time scaled data report
Hi There, Does anyone know how to include a custom field in a time scaled data report? I created a custom field, (text 8 = Projects) to organize my tasks by projects, similar to organizing task by dept.. I would like to see actual work organized by the projects. Is there a way I need to organize my project plan for me to collect this data? Thank you, Wina Hi Wina, If I understand your question corerrectly, you wish to have a time phases custom field simular to work or cost? Unfortunalty Custom fields are not "assignment" fields and therefore cannot be m...

When will RTM be available for VL and MSDN customers ?
Hi ! We need to know when the RTM version will be available to VL customers and to msdn ? We do not want to use eval version because obviously a reinstall is needed to turn it into a fully licensed version -> btw ... this is not a very smart choice imho ...why not simply enter a license key ?!? Thanks, Alex I have been advised by my MS contacts that it should be on the VL site no later than June 1st. "Alexander" wrote: > Hi ! > > We need to know when the RTM version will be available to VL customers and > to msdn ? We do not want to use ev...

Creating Custom Events
What would be the best way to create, raise and handle a custom event from Outlook? The scenario I have is that my client would like to have two levels of reminders from an appointment in an Outlook calendar. i can use the default reminder for one of them, but I'm not exactly sure about the other reminder. I am using Outlook 2003, and can write any code in VBA, script, and Visual Studio 2005 Tools For Office. I need to do this as soon as possible. Thanks! Theresa ...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Custom Form Error, publih to server
Hi All I'm trying to publish a new form I have created on the Administrator account of the exchange server, in outlook. When I go to publish in the Org. Forms Library, I receive the following error, "An error has occured when trying to access this folder." As this is an admin account, I am trying to find out what the error is and why it's happening, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions Much Appreciated Jason ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

sharing calendar with outside customer
Hi there Is it possible to share a calendar with a customer who is not on our corporate network? The only way I can think of is to go through the same process of creating a user account (as with an internal user) and then let the customer connect to our Exchange Server using RPC over HTTP, but this is going to use up one user license for each of our customer's representatives who will be viewing the calendar. The customer will not be sending or receiving email using the Exchange Server account, only viewing the calendar. Is there a way I can do this without using up a license for ea...

Dynamics GP with remote SQL Server across 2MB direct link
I have a client who is wishing to use Dynamics GP with the SQL server hosted remotely. He has a 2MB/sec Direct Internet Link in both directions which he claims is very robust and works well for their .NET developers. He is looking for us to load the GP database on his server and load the client software on his workstations. Does anyone have experience of working using this method which is effectively a 2MB LAN. Thanks Rod Rod, We had a client want to do this with bonded T1's and 3Mbps pipe to their servers at a data center and the performance over it was like swimming in puddin...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

GP 7.5 Grant Management
Looking for a custom report (either crystal, report writer, etc. doesn't matter) for GP 7.5 Grant Management (formerly Encore). For a grant, client wants to see by account actual versus budget inception-to-date. Looking for someone that has already developed such a report or tried to develop. Thanks, John ...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

Assign customer to sale after the fact
Is it possible to go back and assign a customer to a transaction which has already been completed? Making changes to the transaction after the fact is sort of questionable - you can set the system up to require a customer selection at the time of sale, which should help to prevent this problem moving forward. The system does not have a feature that does this, but it could be done using SQL. It would also be possible to build an add in that allows this, but I don't know of any that already exist. Check with your reseller for help with this. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting...

Change Associated Entities after custom entity is created?
I have a custom entity that, on creation, I did not select Notes as an Associated Entity. Now I have a need for attachment support for this entity, so I'm guessing I need the Notes now. Is there any way to activate Notes as an Associated Entity after the fact without recreating the custom entity and losing the existing data? This blog post may help you out: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/07/28/681542.aspx "TPX-RAH" wrote: > I have a custom entity that, on creation, I did not select Notes as an > Associated Entity. Now I have a need for attachment support fo...

Customer Class description
I have been able to figure out that the customer class id is stored in the rm00101 table but where is the corresponding description stored. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. Look at the RM_Class_MSTR (RM00201) table. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions po...