MICR Line

We are planning to print MICR line in Payable checks.

We found a problem when we use the same bank account number in two different
companies. Great Plains creates the check number within each company because
of this we can print same check number on multiple checks.

How do we keep the Next Check Number in sync in multiple companies.

Only thing I can think is to use trigger to make sure Next check number is
same in both companies. Does it cause any problems by doing this way?

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Vishnu

0
vsunkara (10)

Vishnu
Just use two check sequences.  That will make it so much easier all around.
This way, you can have check stock in different colors, making it easier to
visually separate the checks.
HS

--
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
"Vishnu Sunkara" <vsunkara@nchmarketing.com> wrote in message
> We are planning to print MICR line in Payable checks.
>
> We found a problem when we use the same bank account number in two
> different companies. Great Plains creates the check number within each
> company because of this we can print same check number on multiple checks.
>
> How do we keep the Next Check Number in sync in multiple companies.
>
> Only thing I can think is to use trigger to make sure Next check number is
> same in both companies. Does it cause any problems by doing this way?
>
> Any other ideas are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Vishnu

0
HSalim (1270)
9/8/2006 4:16:19 PM
I am not sure where you are from, but in the US, using the same bank account
for two different companies pierces the corporate sheild of the two different
companies and makes both companies liable for the errors of the other.  Are
you sure you want to do this??

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Vishnu Sunkara" wrote:

> We are planning to print MICR line in Payable checks.
>
> We found a problem when we use the same bank account number in two different
> companies. Great Plains creates the check number within each company because
> of this we can print same check number on multiple checks.
>
> How do we keep the Next Check Number in sync in multiple companies.
>
> Only thing I can think is to use trigger to make sure Next check number is
> same in both companies. Does it cause any problems by doing this way?
>
> Any other ideas are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Vishnu

0
info4071 (3004)

Funny lines along the rows
Occasionally I get a spreadsheet that has some strange arrow like icons along the row areas. When I click these areas, it takes me to a data range. I am not sure what these mean, how they are created. But would like to know. Any help is appreciated Mike Kingsley -- mkingsley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkingsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4291 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480966 Possibly the precedent and/or dependent arrows you get when you choose...

Magtek MICR+
Has anybody used the Magtek MICR+ with Store Ops? I am having problems configuring this unit to work. Any help would be great. Thanks, I used a Magtex MiniMICR with a KB Wedge inteface, and it worked OK once I got the devices configured. What kind of interface are you using? The Magtek OPOS drivers will make RMS crash on exit, so if you're using those you're in trouble. On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:28:58 -0700, Garyg <garyg@nofretpc.com> wrote: > Has anybody used the Magtek MICR+ with Store Ops? I am > having problems configuring this unit to work. Any help > wo...

Total line in a form
Hi there I have to refer to a sum field in a total line of a subform in order to store the total value in a Table field underneath the main form. The main form table is different than the subform table. Is it possible? How can I do it? Many thanks in advance. hi, you can refer like: Forms!MainForm!SubFormControlName!Form!txtTotal But not sure this is a good idea. First of all you do not need to store total, you can always calculate it using query, and you will always have it up to date and if you really need to store it - you can run update query to save total of un...

Deleting lines really deletes lines!
and we end up with only a few hundred lines available in a worksheet, instead of 65'536, after a few weeks of productive life. Pretty scary. Anybody experimented a workaround besides Clearing content instead of Deleting? Thanks Emm Hi EmmanuelleZ You must have hide the rows if you don't see them anymore -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "EmmanuelleZ" <emm@cis-olap.com> wrote in message news:14db01c3868b$c5a86730$a001280a@phx.gbl... > and we end up with only a few hundred lines available in a > worksheet, instead of ...

how do i remove lines from invoice
my invoice details change from month to month and i prefer to keep them on one page. i entered the info but there are several lines between my last entry and the total. how do i remove the extra lines? Without knowing how the invoice was created or formatted and in which Word version it is impossible to say, but to venture a guess, select and pres the delete key? Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/Invoicer.htm would help in future? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word M...

Change the line of a chart.
The column values of the line chart are placed in the middle of the rows. How can I change the position of the line in the chart. I want a currency value (column) right above the row lines, but now they are placed in the middle of the rows. Thanks -- KinSjama ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KinSjama's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28392 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480139 Using Gap width; hhmm why didnt it worked in the first place : -- KinSjam -------------...

Enter various number of blank lines in cells
I have a text spreadsheet index with 5 columns of information that has a various number of wrapped phrases in each cell. I would like to add various numbers of blank lines in some of the cells to make the information in the columns line up horizontally. Could you suggest a way to do this? For a forced line feed: <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Jim"...

CurrencyID should be at line level in GL_Transaction_Entry form
CurrencyID Should be at the line level in the GL Transaction Enrty screen. In this case we will be able to enter InterCurrency GL Transactions as in most ERP's like SAP,JD Edwards, AXAPTA . Intercurrency Transactions simplify acounting transactions alot when there is a lot of multicurrency transactions.Because instead of using intermediate account and two transactions we can debit/credit accounts in different currencies in one single transaction. In order for a GL Transaction to be posted , the debit and credit sides should be balanced in the functional only (and no in the originati...

Getting rid of auto capital when starting new line?
Since I write a lot of poetry I want to get rid of the auto capitalize at start of new line of text. How do I do this? Word considers a new line as the start of a new paragraph and thus as a new paragraph begins with a capital letter, autocorrect changes the lower case letter to upper case. There are three ways to deal with this 1. Turn off the autocorrect option 'capitalise first letter of sentences. 2. Press CTRL+Z to immediately undo the capitalisation as it occurs 3. (and probably the best in your circumstances) press Shift+Enter to create a line break within the curren...

excel
hi, i need consul, how make horizont line above/whereupon font X or V, i need for my work. THX Goto the menu Insert>Symbol Select the MS Reference Sans Serif font Look through the character set available. There are many letters with the overscore available. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "jafre" <jafre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C545AB55-1206-4201-8D47-7DB1065AF1FA@microsoft.com... > hi, i need consul, how make horizont line above/whereupon font X or V, i > need > for my work. THX too much THX :D T. Valko p...

Creating shapes from lines
I have a floor plan that contains a number of lines to make what appears to be a shape. However, I'm unable to fill this 'shape' with colour. Does anyone know how I can achieve this. Lyn Hi Lyn, select the lines which you want to colour and the either group them or combine Combine works the best (shape/operations/combine) After you combine the shapes open the shapesheet for the shape and set each geometry.nofill cell to FALSE after that you can apply color Rene "Lyn" <Lyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101B4E07-D397-42F2-BE40-D9191DDB147...

How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?
I have a stacked bar chart of categories that total 100% sorted in 'ease of resolution' order. I want to include a "goal" line that would show a varying goal throughout the year. (85% - Jan, 86% Feb, etc.) The result would identify how close to goal could be achieved by resolving the issues in order. You say a goal bar but then it sounds like you want a collection of goal bars? For one goal bar - add another series to your chart with the value of the goal at all points: .85,.85,.85,.85 .... After plotting it select the new series on the chart and choose Chart, Chart T...

Line breaks on the letter X
I am working in an Excel 2002 chart that was sent to me by another person. There are no formulas in the chart and the cells are formated for General input. I find that consistently throughout the document there is a line break on the word 'expenses' and it looks like this: blah blah blah blah blah e x penses blah blah blah blah I have done everything I can think of to reformat these cells. This does not occur with any other word beginning with exp, only expenses. I have looked in the HTML editor, the axis codes area, and now I am stumped. Can someone help me with this? T...

Trend line #2
Help! Can you use the trend line in Excel on a month by month basis? I’m using the trend line over a 12 month period Oct-02 to Sep-03 I have just changed the months to Nov-02 to Sep-03 have been given totally difference in trend lines. It this possible?? Last month the trend line indicated a 14% increase and with the new months is show a 60% decrease! Thanks Tony - How well do your trendlines match each year of data? If the data is curved, with an upwards slope early and a steeper downward slope in later months, you might see this kind of change. Things like trendlines and regressio...

Line Graph with 2 lines
I am trying to make a line graph with 2 lines, each with its own separate x-axis and y-axis values. I've tried but cannot seem to do this. Any help would be great. 50 50 55 45 25 25 32 23 12.5 12.5 17 15 6.25 6.25 9 8 3.125 3.125 6 3 1.5625 1.5625 3 3 0.78125 0.78125 1 2 These are the two lines I'm trying to graph, with the x-axis being on the left and the y-axis on the right. "Need help making line graph with 2 lines" <Need help making line graph with 2 lines@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B41ABFE8-4BA4-49E2-BEEE-94DC38FFF851@microsoft....

Chart Goal Lines
How do I add a goal line on my charts using Office 2007? HTH: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzSeries.html Micky "Office User" wrote: > How do I add a goal line on my charts using Office 2007? ...

Goal line?
I'm making a piece per month chart with a line chart. Say our goal every month is 5000 pcs per month. How do I make a line and either make it larger (darker) or name it as our goal line to show if we are hitting our goal each month? -- TJH Hi, You just need to add another series where each value is the required goal for that period. You can then format the line series as you wish. Cheers Andy TJH wrote: > I'm making a piece per month chart with a line chart. Say our goal every > month is 5000 pcs per month. How do I make a line and either make it larger > (darke...

Report Section Line Method Height Scaling
I discovered the Line method for report sections today. Probably old news to most of you, but it was a great discovery for me trying to duplicate a Department of Defense standard form that must look exactly like the original paper copy or the customer won't be happy. The question: How do I make vertical lines grow with the detail section? I've read through the other posts covering this topic, but I don't understand the "Step" notation offered, nor does the "B" notation I've run across in other posts seem to match up with my Access 2003 help notes or fit ...

two line one line
more than twenty years using microsoft and i can understand why my outlook email wont let me write single line emails. may ms rot in hell for all eternity. this is a problem all the time. all the time. this software is clunky trash. it's like stuffing is thin plastic garbage bag with bulky items. Feeling better? It might help us to help you if you provided more information. Such as, version/mode of Outlook. Message format. Etc. However, if you just want to vent, don't let me stop you. :-) angry wrote: > more than twenty years using microsoft and i can > understand ...

Line under menubar
Hi all, I've created an MFC dialog-based application with a menubar. I've added the menubar using the resource editor. The menubar works fine, but it lacks the line which is usually drawn right under the menubar. (practically every application has this line). How can I draw this line under the menubar? Thanks for your help, McPPC Select your dialog in the resource editor and goto its properties window. Select the 'Extended Styles' tab. Check the box titled 'Client Edge'. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "McPP...

overlaping lines in a chart
Is there a way to get more than one line to appear on the line chart when they both have the same values at certain points? I have a chart where three lines occupy the same values at 2 points on the X-axis and I want all three colors to show up on that segment. Jared - I've used various techniques for this. One is jiggling the values of the points, so their values are Y+0.01, Y-0.01, and Y (use appropriate offsets, if 0.01 isn't good). Another is to make the bottom line thick, and the others increasingly thin; this is pretty ugly. A third is to make the bottom one a solid li...

Requisition Management
We use Bussiness Portal 2.5, Requisition Management and GP 8.0. I have selected 'Previous Line's Vendor' under 'Line Item Defaults' for the company. When I add a new line item, it brings up the previous line's Vendor but after entering the Item Number, the vendor id disappears and I have to type/select the vendor id again. Can anyone explain, why this is happening? Are you using an Inventoried or Non Inventoried items on the Requisition. I believe what is happening is if you are using a Inventoried item, the Vendor is defaulting from the previous line, but when...

Default account number from previous line in PO
Allow for a default of GL account from the previous line item when entering a purchase order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=584d4074-d8d5-4c74-b5ae-3cab93...

WORD: Change default font, paragraph and line spacing
Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on normal style paragrah for new all documents. I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size etc and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same with line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box - change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP Notebook. I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all docum...