micr configurable stubs

Hi All,

Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for
MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an
alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one
item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts
in upper left hand corner above other items.

Thanks in advance for any insight

Lorne
0
LG

Are you using Mekorma?  I've used it to configure checks and found it
relatively easy to use.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
4/8/2010 1:53:42 PM
Yes using Mekorma with configurable stubs GP 9. Maybe I am missing
something but I find it is missing basic features like being able to
copy and paste fields, entering in the exact position of a field in
numbers as opposed to moving it with the mouse, selecting more than
one field and moving them as groups.

On Apr 8, 9:53=A0am, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP"
<fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote:
> Are you using Mekorma? =A0I've used it to configure checks and found it
> relatively easy to use.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamicswww.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today atwww.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
LG
4/8/2010 2:32:50 PM
Hi Lorne,

Sorry you are having trouble with the Configurator. You will be pleased to know we have totally revamp the Configurator to eliminate the issue you mentioned and others. The new version is available for version 10.0 and will be available for version 2010 when it is release by Microsoft in May, 2010. Our technical support team is also available to help you from 6:00 am - 5:00 pm (Pacific) Monday - Friday (888-635-6762).

Unfortunately, in version 9.0 there is no way to add more than one field at a time.

LG wrote:

micr configurable stubs
08-Apr-10

Hi All,

Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for
MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an
alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one
item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts
in upper left hand corner above other items.

Thanks in advance for any insight

Lorne

WPF Reflection Effect
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8cc84aa8-3b44-4037-beab-49bd76e20b9b/wpf-reflection-effect.aspx
0
Craig

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

configuration
Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure Publisher - how do I stop this? What version Publisher? You receive a "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Pro" error message when you upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825941/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BG" <BG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81BB44C-05D4-4435-BCED-9DA45DACCB96@microsoft.com... > Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure...

Outlook 2007 Ignoring Mail Format Configured for Contact
I posted this question in microsoft.public.office.misc before I find this group... So I am posting again. I need to send emails to a particular internet email address (i.e., not in exchange) in Plain Text. I attempted to configure this in the following ways: Attempt 1: 1) Open Contact window 2) Double click Email... field under Internet section 3) Set Internet format to "Send Plain Text only" Attempt 2: 1) Open Contact window 2) Right click Email... field under Internet section 3) Select Send Option... 4) Check "I want to specify the format..." 5) Selec...

SSL Sending via IMAP Configuration?
I'm trying to configure Exchange2003 to be able to send emails from outside IPs using IMAP with SSL. I can receive IMAP mail over SSL no problem. I don't want to use any VPNs for this if possible. Has anyone have any Exchange configuration settings to allow outside IP's (like home users DSL) to be able to send IMAP email over SSL? Ed <google2@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to configure Exchange2003 to be able to send emails from >outside IPs using IMAP with SSL. I can receive IMAP mail over SSL no >problem. I don't want to use any VPNs for this if pos...

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

WSS indicates its not finished configuring
Ok. I installed everything for project server 2007 on a farm of 2 servers. WSS keeps saying in big red colors that it is not funished. The odd thing is that the whole system works, at least to the point that WSS functions and PS 2007 website works just fine. How do get WSS to stop telling me that its not complete? Once again William, you need to provide specific information. We're not clairvoyant! -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://projectserverhe...

Information service not configured
> Help! Does anyone know what's going on here? I keep > getting the following message when receiving mail: > > "This information service has not been configured. > Select an existing file to configure, or type the name of > a new file to create." > > If I hit OK (the only selection available) a dialog > appears with a list of .pst files. No matter which one I > select, I just end up back at the initial error message. > If I select cancel in the dialog, I go back and forth > between the error message and the dialog several times...

SendUsing"configuration value is invalid
I currently use either AOL or Lycos to send and receive e-mail. I woul like to setup a worksheet to send out e-mail reminders. I receiving th error SendUsing"configuration value is invalid see code below: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim cell As Range ' Dim Flds As Variant Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") ' iConf.Load -1 ' CDO Source Defaults ' Set Flds = iConf.Fields ' With Flds ' .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/conf...

configuring exchange to accept maill from a different domain name...
We are setting up a subsidiary company having a completely differnt domain name. Once our new domain name is registered and our provider has created an MX record for this new domain, what needs to be configured on the Exchange server to accept email from this new domain? Thanks, Brad if Exchange 2000/2003, you need to create a recipient policy...see these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285136/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318072/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:e21waZZWGHA.4212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Magtek MICR+
Has anybody used the Magtek MICR+ with Store Ops? I am having problems configuring this unit to work. Any help would be great. Thanks, I used a Magtex MiniMICR with a KB Wedge inteface, and it worked OK once I got the devices configured. What kind of interface are you using? The Magtek OPOS drivers will make RMS crash on exit, so if you're using those you're in trouble. On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:28:58 -0700, Garyg <garyg@nofretpc.com> wrote: > Has anybody used the Magtek MICR+ with Store Ops? I am > having problems configuring this unit to work. Any help > wo...

Last known good configuration
Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as restoring a previous registry? b11_ wrote: > Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as > restoring a previous registry? Repeat query - see your previous query for responses. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Improving anti-spam configuration
Hi all. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of creating a "rule" to block a particular type of spam? Most of the spam that gets through to my mail server these days is generally "from" and "to" an internal email address, i.e.: From: me@mydomain.com To: me@mydomain.com Is there a feasible way of blocking such email without significantly increasing chances of false positives? Any pointers appreciated... Regards, Paul On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 21:22:50 -0000, "Paul Kelly" <nospam@example.com> wrote: >Could anyone tel...

MICR
Hello all, we have MICR and the accnt manager wants to set it up where he can restrict the emps from printing the actual checks.. if the emps do the build and the calculate they are the ones that have to post correct? So is my best option just to have him come in when they are ready to print and set up the password have him type it in and then make sure they post and that be the end of it? TIA Whoever prints the checks (entering the password) can post. VG "Brian" wrote: > Hello all, we have MICR and the accnt manager wants to set it up where > he can restrict the...

Micr
I have a worksheet in Excel 2000. Fields correspond to fields on a check. Once filled in I want MICR check number to print on bottom of check. I would put in the check number and the font (being set in that cell to MICR) would print in MICR. We do have a font cartridge for the HP4+ with MICR on it. (Character set "(10Y" ). That is used for printing from our UNIX programs. I can't see this cartridge in Windows and it doesn not have drivers for Win98. The font does has a number assigned to it by the printer. Anyone know how to access it? Or would buying a TT Font work? I don'...

publisher preparing to install and configure problem
Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught the 'first time' preparing to install and configuring setups, this gets very waring!! I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. I am operating in an windows XP Professional environment. Have you got any virus programs installed? If you have, end the program and then try and install Publisher 2002. Do you get any error messages? If you do, what are they? -- Hi kevin (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught || the '...

cannot open outlook. profile not configured
i did not configure it correctly, so now it wont open at all. how do i reconfigure and get it to open? then, once i do have it open, how do i configure properly, in order to avoid this? thank you very much, momkoz Use the mail applet in the control panel to configure an Outlook profile. The bare minimum needed to get Outlook started is a personal folders (pst) file. "momkoz" <momkoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F5AE8BF-70E3-40C8-894F-046A7423EF40@microsoft.com... >i did not configure it correctly, so now it wont open at all. how do i > reconfig...

Configuration Problem
I have set up a new e-mail account, and I keep getting a pop up message that says enter name and password. I have entered, and re-entered, the information, but it is not responding, and I cannot receive emails. Help!! Password error, you wrote on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:19:01 -0800: > I have set up a new e-mail account, and I keep getting a pop up message that > says enter name and password. I have entered, and re-entered, the > information, but it is not responding, and I cannot receive emails. Help!! Outlook and Windows version? See, if following does help: http://support.mic...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn Jenn To correct the issue do the following Uninstall Office H&S 2007 along with the Activation Assistant and then re-install it making sure you are not multitasking while the installation takes place. Reboot after installation -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup fo...

Can DPM be configured to log events to a remote syslog server?
I see that I can use Microsoft's MOM to publish alerts, but is there a way to send them to a syslog server? Thanks, Phillip Datagram's SyslogAgent can be used to forward Windows system events to a Syslog server. And it's free. http://syslogserver.com/syslogagent.html Daniel "Phillip Wendell" wrote: > I see that I can use Microsoft's MOM to publish alerts, but is there a > way to send them to a syslog server? Thanks, > > Phillip > . > Looks like a good solution. Thanks... ...

Configuring Excel for my pictures, not My Pictures....How
1/16/04 Excel defaults to Common Pictures(My Pictures) to Inserting Images From File. Word lets you this folder's location in Options| File Locations. I've tried doing this for Excel, unsuccessfully, by changing the location of Common Pictures in the Registry; in WinXP, in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders & Explorer\ShellFolders. I've made those changes in HKCU, also. I've changed the location of my Favorites doing this. However, each time I make the changes. The paths revert back to the location of Common Pictures in the My Docum...

How do I know I am in a debug configuration
I thought there was a property that let's me know when I am in a debug configuration, instead of a Release Configuration. I need it because I want to use a test database in debug, but a real database in release. Is there such a property? I tried System.Diagnostic.debugger.IsAttached, but that seems to be something different. Dom wrote: > I thought there was a property that let's me know when I am in a debug > configuration, instead of a Release Configuration. I need it because > I want to use a test database in debug, but a real database in > release. I ...

Configure Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control 10.0
Hello, I have to include an crystal report in a form, but i don't how to configure this control, i reviewed help i couldn't find it. Thanks for your help ...

Configuring Outlook for corporate or workgroups
The office assistant says to change in outlook tools 'Mail Service' but I don't have this option - any ideas why not? Version 2000SR1 9.0.03821 No emails .. First, you should state why you need to change mail support modes so we can see if you really need to. The Office Assistant may not be correct. "No email" mode is the same as "Internet Mail Only" mode only with no email accounts configured. For information on choosing a mail support mode or changing to the other mail support mode, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm -- Russ Va...

MICR Line
We are planning to print MICR line in Payable checks. We found a problem when we use the same bank account number in two different companies. Great Plains creates the check number within each company because of this we can print same check number on multiple checks. How do we keep the Next Check Number in sync in multiple companies. Only thing I can think is to use trigger to make sure Next check number is same in both companies. Does it cause any problems by doing this way? Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Vishnu Vishnu Just use two check sequences. That will make it so mu...