Mfg BOM for configured item

I am trying to setup a configured item in Great Plains 8.0

After setting up the superBOM and routing, when I try to create a configured
BOM, the system tells me that I need to create a Mfg BOM and do a cost rollup
before creating a configured BOM. Costing is FIFO perpetual.

a. For a configured item, do I need to create a mfg BOM. If so, what is the
logic here. Where is this explained in the documentation. Please provide page
numbers and name of document.

b. How do I calculate standard cost for the configured item.

c. When I run the BOM report (reports-manufacturing-BOM), the report hangs
for some of the items but runs for the others. What can I do here to make it
run all the time. It is an out of the box report.

Jack
(jacktundra@hotmail.com)

0
Jack4963 (285)

Jack,

After you create the super bom, you assign options to the configured item.
You do not create a configured bom.  That is created by the SOP module after
you order one of the items and select the options.

Richard L. Whaley
Senior Business Consultant
Altamonte Springs, Florida

"Jack" wrote:

> I am trying to setup a configured item in Great Plains 8.0
>
> After setting up the superBOM and routing, when I try to create a configured
> BOM, the system tells me that I need to create a Mfg BOM and do a cost rollup
> before creating a configured BOM. Costing is FIFO perpetual.
>
> a. For a configured item, do I need to create a mfg BOM. If so, what is the
> logic here. Where is this explained in the documentation. Please provide page
> numbers and name of document.
>
> b. How do I calculate standard cost for the configured item.
>
> c. When I run the BOM report (reports-manufacturing-BOM), the report hangs
> for some of the items but runs for the others. What can I do here to make it
> run all the time. It is an out of the box report.
>
> Jack
> (jacktundra@hotmail.com)

Windows CE 5 Intel 82551ER configuration fails
I'm trying to get CE 5 running on an AMD LX-800 board with an Intel 82551ER controller. I've read through the previous posts about this and have tried to follow the examples but still no joy. The E100CE5.DLL file is included in my build. I am logging serial debug out from the board, I open internet Explorer, try to go to a web page and get "AFD:ResolveName !No IPv4 Interfaces" along with "No IPv6Interfaces" on the debug data strings. In Platform.bib I have: e100ce5.dll $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\e100ce5.dll NK SH In config.bib I ...

matching codes between 2 item codes
Hi Is there someone who can tell me how I can match up (or link) codes from one spreadsheet to another? Cheers -- JChan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JChan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23273 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476450 Hi J, Perhaps the VLookup function is what you are looking for. See Excel help for details. --- Regards, Norman "JChan" <JChan.1wxdqa_1129349100.7983@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:JChan.1wxdqa_11...

Mfg Process
Hi, I need to understand the workflow of GP Manufacturing module, I would appreciate if somebody creates a simple BOM (with one Backflush component) and configure one routing/sequence (one machine & one labor) and finalize the process till closing the MO, and send it to me as Macro file. I know it takes sometime, but it would be a big help for me. Big-thank in advance. AMH Thanks for you everybody, I could understand the workflow of Mfg. AMH. "AMH" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to understand the workflow of GP Manufacturing module, I would > appreciate if someb...

Sent messages are not showing in Sent Items folder
Exch 5.5 server with Outlook 2002. User selected and deleted all messages in the Sent Items Folder. Since that time, sent messages no longer appear in the folder. All settings appear correct and there are no filters applied to the folder. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks! ...

when configuring an smtp connector
when configuring an smtp connector to use a relay host for outbound smtp, we check radio button of "forward all mail throught this connector to the following smarthost" and give the smrt host name in the text box, so do we have to add SMTP * 1 in Address Space tab ... please answer.... thanks You would add * (asterisk) for the SMTP connector to handle mail for all domains. Nue "Feelings" <Feelings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CDFBAF5-88AD-491A-88AC-76E255C48ACB@microsoft.com... > when configuring an smtp connector to use a relay host f...

Inventory History after Item Combining
I recently used the Item Combiner tool to combine approx. 200 items. The old item numbers that were on open or un posted orders all changed to the new item number but the old items that were on invoices or posted transactions kept the old item number. The problem with this is that I am trying to run a Crystal report to show total orders by Item Number with Item Shipping weights. The orders will show up for those old items on invoices but it won't link to a shipping weight because their is no record in the IV00101 table for those old item numbers. Any ideas on how to get those sh...

Adding items from HQ vs SO
I just added HQ version to my two stores running Store Operations. I just went through the pain of adding items from HQ. In single store operation, I could just use the wizard to add items easily (Although it takes time as we all know.). From HQ, the qty is grayed out so after the wizard, I have to go to each item configuration and set qty for each store. Wow, this added a lot of time!! My questions is, can I add items at one local store and then transfer the other store's items using Transfer Out? Will HQ be updated with the new items when it syncs with SO? Hi samm Well the very f...

Imported Items Do Not Appear
I have been reading this newsgroup in the hopes of finding an answer to the problem where I import a QIF file and the transactions do not appear in the register. I see the "Items to Review (78)" on the side, but the transactions do not show up. Here is what I have done: 1) Everything in KB829143 (Internet options, repairing, reinstalling, etc). No difference. 2) Everything Carl has been recommending (Internet options, "msmoney -s", etc). 3) I even started a new MNY file with only a credit card account, tried to import again, and had the same problem. NOTICE: This is ...

outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe item, archive .pst
Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. "Egro" <Egro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BC04C1-B005-43CF-ABA5-9C171EA74B9F@microsoft.com... > Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. As far as I can tell, there is no error message in Outlook 2003 that states a file "is enormous". You should zip a PST before sending or rename it to, say, ".psx" or ".ps_" before you send it. The recipient can undo the steps you took to send it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Mfg
Hello: If a client is trying to decide between Inventory BOM and Manufacturing, is there a Manufacturing Process Reference or Flow Chart on PartnerSource that can be downloaded? Thanks! childofthe1980s Not that I know of, but here is the distinction.... 1. If the client needs to absorb the cost of labor and/or overhead into the cost of the produced items, Manufacturing is the choice. 2. If the client needs to schedule production and track progress against a series of steps (routers), Manufacturing is the choice 3. If production only takes a few minutes, labor is not an issue, and...

MFG error
Has anyone ever seen the error below? [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Formal parameter '@WO_Entry_Allocavail' was defined as OUTPUT but the actual parameter not declared OUTPUT. I setup a new ENG BOM (to do some re-work) using the original item as a sub-assembly and adding another item. I don't know if this could be an issue but the sub-assembly was outsourced. My rework is being done in-house and we will not be tracking any costs associated with it. There are enough qty's on hand of the sub-assembly to do the re-work The error occurs when I try to ...

How to change item encoding with macro?
With russian outlook 2003 it has been possible to change item encoding individually, by opening each item and select it's appropriate menu. With russian outlook 2007 this is not working (as it seems). I want to automate it: convert several items in batch? Is it possible? TIA. ...

How do I configure Yahoo as default email
I want to know how to configure OUTLOOK to recognize Yahoo as the default email. I tried setting it up through Tools>Email >etc. But it did not work. ANy trouble shooting help? The setting is in Internet Explorer. Tools > Internet Options...> Programs bondg "Jason_IRISH" <Jason_IRISH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B753BBE-949E-4973-98DC-91630074ECD7@microsoft.com... >I want to know how to configure OUTLOOK to recognize Yahoo as the default > email. I tried setting it up through Tools>Email >etc. But it did not > work. ...

Mfg order in user
try to go to a manufacturing order, and after entering the MO number get the message: Another user is currently working with this record. It is not in the Security window, (transactions>manufacturing>manufacturing order>security) thanks Doug There is an automated solution on Customer Source called Clear Inactive DexLock Sessions. It is under Sales Order Processing but may also help in MOs. Try it. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.Accolade...

FE/BE Server Configuration
I am considering setting up the Exchange 2003 server FE/BE. I am, also, using ISA server 2004 for firewall. The firewalls are setup using back to back DMZ configuration. Reading through Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Guide, Microsoft recommends putting both FE and BE Exchange servers on the internal network. I understood that part of the reason why you would need FE server filter e-mails, serve internet client content, and additional layer of defense, where if someone penetrated smtp gateway it is going to be harder to reach BE server. Since FE and BE server are on the same internal doma...

Adding existing item to Matrix in 2.0
We set up UPC codes as our matrix master - in the wine business, different vintages of the same wine usually share a UPC code. So 2001, 2002, 2003 chardonnay use the same bar code. That is our matrix master; We set sub description 1 to Vintage, then set up matricies on vintage. So when an item is scanned, we get prompted for vintage. This works very well. A month or so ago we upgraded to 2.0, and existing matrices seemed to convert fine. But if I want to add an existing item to an existing matrix, it doesn't seem to work. Say my matrix master has a dimension 1 of Vintage, with 20...

some questions about RRAS configuration
Hello, I have to install a RRAS server under Win2003 R2 This will be used to connect a private LAN to the Internet using a permanent internet connection via an ISP Router What I have read so far about RRAS configuration assumed that the RRAS server was itself directly connected to the internet (one networkcard using Dial-Up...) But my environment is a ISP router to which I need to connect the RRAS server. So basically I need to do this: Client(PrivIP)---->(PrivIP)RRAS(PubIP)--->(PubIP)ISPRouter(PubIP)--->Internet The functionality needed on the RRAS Server i...

Exchange Configuration Security Auditing
Hi, Is it possible to audit exchange configuration changes like changing the mailbox size limit values on an information store ? Thanks Mario ...

Short-circuiting the item price sync in HQ Client
Long story short, I ran a mass update in SQL on the Item table in RMS Store Ops 2.0. I updated about 26000 items. Now when I try to run the Data Upload worksheet (401) in Headquarters, the HQ client churns aways for about a half-hour, then times out. Is there any way to "short-circuit" the item upload in HQ? I tried manually setting the ItemDynamic.SnapShotTime field to a later date, hoping that it would trick HQ into thinking these items were updated already, but no luck. I don't quite know how RMS determines something in StoreOps needs to be uploaded to HQ; is there a t...

Newbie configuration help
I have installed CRM 1.2 on a SMS2003 Premium Server and I'm having the problem of creating users as well as getting the "You are not authorized to view this page" within IE on companyweb. The exact message I receive when I go into CRM Deployment Manager's User Manager is: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager. For more information, contact your system administrator" Unfortunately, I am the system administra...

PO's and BOM's
We are trying to bypass if you will the assembly process; then we can forecast, purchase, and sell one BOM #. As it stands now we purchase individual (raw) items and then build them (after we reiceve the different components on thier respective PO's/receiver documents) into a Bill of Materials (BOM) then sell that BOM to our customers. Any idea's? ---- I appreciate your response and interest. ...

MFG Stored Procedure After Importing Inventory Records
I was advised to run a stored procedure called MFGFIX90 after inventory records are imported. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Jerry, This action is typically done by an administrator. It analyzes your MFG data to point out data integrity issues that might arise when importing records from "outside" the application and notifies you of missing logical table relationships. Go Start, All Programs, Microsoft SQL Server, Query Analyzer. When prompted, enter ODBC connection credentials to your server. Then, in the toolbar choose the "company" database you want to quer...

Manufacturing BOM Import
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to import a BOM into Great Plains? I am using ver 8.0 If so, what method are you using? -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! I used the old import utility under Tools --> Integrate --> Table Import. There are 2 tables: BOM Revision Bill of Material Line File You need to ensure that you understand the structure of the tables and make sure that all the necessary codes are setup (e.g. item codes, location codes, work centers). This utility wiil not do validity ckecks like Integration Manager. It will just load whatever is in the source once it is the c...

filtering 2 items
Anyone know what might be hindering the filter on my spreadsheet? I will only filter 1 item at a time. When I filter>custom>and put th two items in (I've used equals, begins with, contains)>I get nothing. It filters out the entire spreadsheet. I am trying to filter two tex values (although I did try filtering 2 numeric values and it stil didn't work). Thanks! pfenric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In the Custom AutoFilter dialog box, between the two criteria, you can select And or Or. You may have selected AND, but really need OR. For example, if th...

ADC in Mfg
Hi, How can I make ADC (Automated Data Collection) read from a csv file instead of a device? Actually our machines have a dedicated Oracle DB, which collects the required info about every machine & Labor, how can I make ADC in GP read from a file or db instead of reading from a device? Thanks. AMH. ...