Metrics are not available - Office Chart Control Missing

Hi everyone,

I get the following error message appear on my homepage when logging into
GP9.0:

"Metrics are not available because the Microsft Office Chart Control is
Missing".

This never appeared until we installed IE7 on all our systems, including the
Citrix boxes where our users gain access to GP9.0.

Following advice from a previous post I installed Office Web Components for
Office XP onto the server, but it hasn't helped at all.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks all,

T S
0
TS (22)

Since the homepage is created and rendered on the individual
workstation, I would look at installing the Office Web Components on
one of your workstations. If that works, it will point you to the
solution for the remainder of the workstations and more importantly,
the solution for the Citrix users.

--
Lyle U

TS wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I get the following error message appear on my homepage when logging
> into GP9.0:
>
> "Metrics are not available because the Microsft Office Chart Control
> is Missing".
>
> This never appeared until we installed IE7 on all our systems,
> including the Citrix boxes where our users gain access to GP9.0.
>
> Following advice from a previous post I installed Office Web
> Components for Office XP onto the server, but it hasn't helped at all.
>
> Does anyone know a fix for this?
>
> Thanks all,
>
> T S
0
lyleu (305)
11/22/2006 4:02:01 PM
This happened to me too.

I installed Office Web Components (owc10.exe) and it fixed the problem

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=982B0359-0A86-4FB2-A7EE-5F3A499515DD&displaylang=EN

--
The best laid plans ...

"TS" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I get the following error message appear on my homepage when logging into
> GP9.0:
>
> "Metrics are not available because the Microsft Office Chart Control is
> Missing".
>
> This never appeared until we installed IE7 on all our systems, including the
> Citrix boxes where our users gain access to GP9.0.
>
> Following advice from a previous post I installed Office Web Components for
> Office XP onto the server, but it hasn't helped at all.
>
> Does anyone know a fix for this?
>
> Thanks all,
>
> T S
0
cDub (11)
11/22/2006 6:13:02 PM
Hi,

I have now installed Office Web Components to the client PC's also - but the
message still appears when logging into GP9.0....

It's now installed on the Citrix boxes, the SQL servers and the clients -
but it's still there...

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

T S

"cDub" wrote:

> This happened to me too.
>
> I installed Office Web Components (owc10.exe) and it fixed the problem
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=982B0359-0A86-4FB2-A7EE-5F3A499515DD&displaylang=EN
>

> --
> The best laid plans ...
>

> "TS" wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I get the following error message appear on my homepage when logging into
> > GP9.0:
> >
> > "Metrics are not available because the Microsft Office Chart Control is
> > Missing".
> >
> > This never appeared until we installed IE7 on all our systems, including the
> > Citrix boxes where our users gain access to GP9.0.
> >
> > Following advice from a previous post I installed Office Web Components for
> > Office XP onto the server, but it hasn't helped at all.
> >
> > Does anyone know a fix for this?
> >
> > Thanks all,
> >
> > T S
0
TS (22)
11/23/2006 9:47:02 AM
By the way, here's the full script error message a user received when logging
into GP9.0. When they click OK to close this message thats when GP says
"Metrics are not available....etc." - I have substitued the actual user with
user.name:

Also, the 'T' drive listed below is the actual C: drive of the server -
prior to installation we ran drive remap to change this so users could tell
the difference.

---------------
An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 220
Char: 6
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
code: 0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No
-----------

Hope that helps.

T S

"TS" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have now installed Office Web Components to the client PC's also - but the
> message still appears when logging into GP9.0....
>
> It's now installed on the Citrix boxes, the SQL servers and the clients -
> but it's still there...
>
> Anything else I can try?
>
> Thanks
>
> T S
>

> "cDub" wrote:
>
> > This happened to me too.
> >
> > I installed Office Web Components (owc10.exe) and it fixed the problem
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=982B0359-0A86-4FB2-A7EE-5F3A499515DD&displaylang=EN
> >

> > --
> > The best laid plans ...
> >

> > "TS" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I get the following error message appear on my homepage when logging into
> > > GP9.0:
> > >
> > > "Metrics are not available because the Microsft Office Chart Control is
> > > Missing".
> > >
> > > This never appeared until we installed IE7 on all our systems, including the
> > > Citrix boxes where our users gain access to GP9.0.
> > >
> > > Following advice from a previous post I installed Office Web Components for
> > > Office XP onto the server, but it hasn't helped at all.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know a fix for this?
> > >
> > > Thanks all,
> > >
> > > T S
0
TS (22)

Win CE 5.0 device as controller
We got a request from our customer about how to make Win CE 5.0 device run a ..NET application that "interacts" - with a Windows compatible PC over ethernet connection (preferably WiFi). The idea is to create a DLNA compliant device which is kind of a remote control running Win CE 5.0 that can run an application to selectively browse content on a PC over network and be able to stream it to a Display such as a TV etc., Is this simply going to be a standard .NET app that runs on Win CE .NET CF ?- Any inputs will be helpful. regards, GS-ICN The .NET suppor...

Attendee availability
Dear all A customer is complaining about the following: when a secretary schedules a meeting for her boss (he becomes unavailable for other meetings), it takes up to 15 minutes before the modification become visible for another recipient, who checks the availability of his boss. In the 15 minutes before that, to the recipient, the boss is still available. This leaves a margin of error of 15 minutes that people think someone is available while in fact they are not The are all on the same Exchange server (5.5 SP4 on Win2K) Any help is highly appreciated Thanks in advance Olivier See: http:/...

Metric
The metrics preference settings always back to default when navigating away from the home page. Is there any way to save my preference settings? For example, I want the currency sign appear beside the amounts. Thanks ...

How do re-order values assigned by Excel for chart data?
I am creating a chart to compare values year over year. Ordering in the worksheet reads Dec-Jan Left to Right. When I select the series in chart wizard, excel is assigning Jan as value 12, Feb as value 11, etc with Dec as 1. Then I attempt to add Jan and Feb of 2006 and it assigns Feb as value 1 and Jan as value 2---therefore comparing it to Dec and Jan of 2005. Any ideas on how to change the way excel is reading these values? Thanks Tell us how the data is layout on the worksheet and where the "new" Jan is entered. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengm...

OMA/ActiveSync Virtual Directory missing in ESM
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Active/Passive cluster with two nodes running on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. This setup was upgraded from Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition Active/Passive Cluster (2-nodes) running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. The upgrade was done a few months back and things have run relatively smooth. I just noticed that the two virtual directories for OMA and Microsoft-Server-Active-Sync are missing from the ESM and from IIS. I searched everywhere and could not find a single article that talked about how to restore these virtuals on a clustered...

Creating Excel chart sheet using C#
Hello, I'm writing a tool using VS 2005 SP1 (C#) which processes some survey data within Excel (2007). And have gotten the point where I need to create a chart displaying some results. However, when executing the 2nd line of code below. I get "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC." After lots of searching , etc, I haven't been able to narrow down a cause. Any ideas? Chart ch = (Chart)wb.Charts.Add(Type.Missing, (Worksheet)wb.Worksheets[1], 1, Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlChartType.xlXYScatter); ch.SetSourceData(ws3.get_Range("J2:K38",Type.Missing), Mic...

Bug in outlook 2002 unable to send as a public folder (from filed missing / dimmed)
Hi all I would like to ask your help. Env: Exchange 2k outlook 2002 on w2k terminal server outlook 2002 on ordinary Xp workstation, and w2k prof workstation All sp and patch allpied The problem: I set on exch 2k pulic folder send as right to a test user. If this user try to send any post or reply on that public folder the from field (under view) nvisible. If i try to open a post I can see the from filed , but it is dimmed.(grayed out) No mater if outlook 2002 running on terminal, or XP - w2k workstation AD object right checked under exchange system objects with ADSI edit. all is well conf...

Paste not available
I have a menu driven excel worksheet. All the tabs are hidden and the user selects which sheet they wish to view from the menu. I have to be able to let the users copy data from one sheet and Paste Transpose it to another. I have added the Paste Transpose menu option to the shortcut menu available with the right mouse click. It all works fine when the Tabs are visible but when the user selects a sheet through the menu the Paste option becomes greyed out. The following code is how I select the sheet from the Menu Option Dim shtname$ If CommandBars.ActionControl.Tag > "" Th...

How do I chart contours in Excel 2007?
I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands? Thank you EXCEL 2007 Try a Surface Chart. To set one up:- Hit the F1 Help Facility Key In the Browse Excel Help section click on Charts Next click on Chart types Next click on Present your data in a surface chart There are detailed instructions in here as to how to set one up. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "tpmbrian" wrote: > I have some geophysical data I want...

Select Checks Remit To logic not available when using EFT for Paya
We recently discovered that when using EFT in a scenario where one vendor has multiple remit to addresses (which point to multiple EFT destinations), select checks will ignore invoices which use anything but the remit to id from the vendor card. We logged a Microsoft support incident on the topic (#9437263) thinking it was a bug. The end result was that it is stated in the help files that GP will work this way so it is not a bug. "The remit-to address assigned to the vendor record will be used when transferring funds using the European Electronic Funds Transfer module." So ...

Availability recurring meetings
I have 2 users who are unable to more than two months in advance when trying to set up meetings or appointments. All they see are \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ lines. Please advise!!!! -- Needin'''' some help! "Matto" <Matto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A16FFF4-959E-46B8-81D1-2207E288BE67@microsoft.com... >I have 2 users who are unable to more than two months in advance when trying > to set up meetings or appointments. > > All they see are \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ lines. Please advise!!!! The default free/busy publishing length is ...

Chart does not render plotted points correctly, data comes from a
We have an Excel 2003 front end workbook that draws data from a SQL 2005 "Cube" into a pivot table with an associated pivot chart. The values on the line chart, as shown e.g. in data labels, are correct against the pivot table, however in some cases the plotted points on the chart are way out on the scale - a value of -168 is plotted somewhere between -220 and -250 against the scale, and in other cases where negative values are below the X axis, -3 is plotted below -5 although the scale is rising, i.e. has 0 above -1. We have tested lots of different scenarios and most of them...

building chart from multiple sheets
I have 5 sheets and would like to build a stacked bar graph using data from each. Say I have 4 values in A1, A2, A3 & A4 on each of these sheets. Each stacked bar is to respresent the 4 values from a single sheet. Is there any way to do this with out having to build a table on an extra page? Thanks, Brad K If I understand your data structure, you will need to use a range to consolidate the data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://...

looking for a yearly flow chart for amount spending for advertisi.
Hi you may provide some more detail :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4938F975-E269-41A4-B8FB-F23A5B9FB623@microsoft.com... > ...

how do I create an orgnaizational chart with 5 boxes at the top?
I am trying to create a chart for my company where there are 5 linked boxes at the top, then subordinates underneath. However, powerpoint will only let me have 1 box at the top and then 5 boxes underneath. Any ideas? PowerPoint 2007 What do you want beneath the 5 boxes? This is relatively easy to set up. "Jammie Dodger" wrote: > I am trying to create a chart for my company where there are 5 linked boxes > at the top, then subordinates underneath. However, powerpoint will only let > me have 1 box at the top and then 5 boxes underneath. > >...

metrics
i want to edit my metrics... How do i made to save that changed??? Dexterity is the only way to permanently edit your metrics. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Consulta" wrote: > i want to edit my metrics... How do i made to save that changed??? ...

Logic Control and USB
Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB connection, and if so did you have any problems? -- Thank You Vince :) Yes, That's why we've gone to Net Displays (a second monitor) instead. Cost ~$75 more but much more flexibility. -- * "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:3D5630CF-6000-4D10-8B38-646566EA2709@microsoft.com... Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB connection, and if so did you have any problems? -- Thank You Vince :) I've set these up for several clients w...

Dynamic Chart #7
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that has its data in the following format: 2003 2004 2005 2006 Company 1 1.5 1.63 2.1 Company 2 .75 .89 1.09 How can I create a dynamic chart so that when I input the data for 2006 (and forward) the chart will automatically update. Thank you in advance for any assistance provided. Dave Y Dave: I'll walk your through setting up a dynamic chart, however, I'd liek to suggest you rearrange your data table as follows: Year Company 1 Company2 20...

Outlook 2007 sp2 cached mode availability service
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, the cas and mbx server are on separate boxes and are both located in AD site1. The user community is all running Outlook 2007 sp2 and are located in AD site2, there is a DS3 connection between AD site1 and AD site2 no problems with the connection or speed of the connection. I have two questions #1 When outlook is connected to the network and using rpc and tcp/ip how does it call the exchange web services to find OOF, availibility, OAB? does it use tcp/ip or https ? and what server is it directly connecting with ? is it the CAS box or th...

How do widen columns in a column chart?
I tried the other suggestions posted, but it still doesn't work. I have 5 columns that are pretty narrow and I would like to have them 3x wider with a very small gap in between the columns. I put the x-axsis to category, but I still can't widen the columns. I am not sure if the chart being copied from PowerPoint would make a difference. Thanks "ITMasterA" wrote: > I tried the other suggestions posted, but it still doesn't work. I have 5 > columns that are pretty narrow and I would like to have them 3x wider with a > very small gap in between the colum...

Metrics Problem
I have downloaded the Office XP Web Component Update, and now I have the following data popping up in the Metrics field. How do I fix this so it will display the chart instead of coding? <objectid='chartControl'classid='CLSID:0002E556-0000-0000-C000-000000000046'height='240px'width='100%'style='overflow:hidden'></object> -- Becca McElroy Try the Office 2003 Web Components if you have Office 2003 or 2007 installed. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Becca McElroy" wrote: > I have downloaded the Office XP Web Component Update, and n...

redistributable for VC++ 2005 SP1 available?
I need a setup which installs all the runtime files needed for a VC++ 2005 SP1 (x86) program. On the Microsoft homepage I only found such a setup for VC++ 2005, dated 4/10/2006, so it seems to be without SP1. Someone told me to download and install SP1 on that client, but I don't know if this works if no Visual Studio products are installed and furthermore I don't want to download and install a 430MB setup package. (BTW: This has to be installed later on 2000 clients, when the tests complete.) Will this be released later or did I just not find the link? Eric On Fri, 2 Feb 200...

way to check if com addin is available before starting outlook and making sure user does not remove it?
for security reasons I need to make certain outlook does not start without com addin and that user does not try to unload it from outlook. Ideas? You can write code to check the COMAddins collection for your COMAddin object of interest and then check the .Connect Boolean property of that COMAddin object. The COM addin can also use the On_Disconnection event and see which method was used to disconnect the addin. If RemoveMode = ext_dm_UserClosed then the user disconnected the addin. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming,...

How do you query the number of available serial ports?
Wondering if anyone has an idea how to do this... I am sure there is a simple system call or something, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for anyone with a response. Actually, the NUMBER of available serial ports is irrelevant. What is more important is to know what their names are (for example, it is possible to have three serial ports, COM1, COM2 and COM4, such as my laptop has). Do a search on this question in the backlogs of this newsgroup; someone posted an algorithm that enumerates the serial ports using the Setup API calls to locate them. joe On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 05:49:0...

All Report Settings Went from Inches to Metric
In Access 2003, suddenly all of my settings: indent, grid size, margin width, ruler, everything has changed to metric. How can I get them to go back to inches? Thanks Mike Thomas Open the Windows Control Panel. Go to Regional Settings. Set the value in there. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "GeyikBaba" <mike@ease.com> wrote in message news:%23PXVTZqCIHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > In Access 2003, suddenly all of my settings: ...