MDAC version error

I installed the year end update with SP3 (GP 9). It went well on the server
and 2 client PCs. On the 3rd client PC I get the following error messge and
it won't go any further. All PCs are running the same MDAC version (2.8 SP1)
and Windows XP SP2. I downloaded a utility from MS to check the MDAC version.

Any ideas?
The computer's MDAC version is not supported. The installation cannot
continue.

pasvorto (12)

I wound up copying the GP file from the server. That seesm to have fixed it
enough to continue. However, the problem was never fixed. I plkan to upgrade
to version 10 in sthe 1st quarter. Maybe everythign will work properly then.

I have to go on the record as saying I am unbelievably disappointed in how
things have evolved since Microsoft bought Great Plains. It just seems to be
one problem after another, and forget about support. If it wasn't for
communities like this, there would be no support at all.

"pasvorto" wrote:

> I installed the year end update with SP3 (GP 9). It went well on the server
> and 2 client PCs. On the 3rd client PC I get the following error messge and
> it won't go any further. All PCs are running the same MDAC version (2.8 SP1)
> and Windows XP SP2. I downloaded a utility from MS to check the MDAC version.
>
> Any ideas?
> The computer's MDAC version is not supported. The installation cannot
> continue.

pasvorto (12)

Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup
I get this while attempting to build an MFC project in VC++ 2003 that was created in VC++ 2002. It builds without a hitch in 2002. The only difference seems to be the new compiler version. I have stepped through every setting of every project and source file. I have recreated the projects from scratch and, in the process, stepped through every setting AGAIN. Always the same: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup. I've Googled several times on different keywords and cannot find anything that relates to my situation. Does anyone have any idea wh...

Error number 0x80000003
Hello, Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only use safe mode to a limited degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to desktop a box will say MSASCui.exe application error 0x80000003..ISP told me I have spyware and malware..Any fix here short of using the Restore disk by wiping out the hard drive...Thanks,Nick NICK MEALE wrote: > Hello, > Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only use safe mode to a limited > degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to desktop a box > will say MSASCui.exe application error...

Asynch Service Error...
Hey everyone... I'm getting this wierd error message in the application log of my crm server: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAsyncService Event Category: None Event ID: 17415 Date: 2/4/2008 Time: 12:01:47 PM User: N/A Computer: MyCrmServer Description: Host MyCrmServer: error while processing organization c6633e81-f7c9-dc11-89d1-0003fff66785. Exception: Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.EntityMetadataNotFoundException: The entity with ObjectTypeCode = 0 was not found in the MetadataCache. at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.DynamicMetadataCache.GetEntity(Int32 entityCode) at Microsoft.Crm....

Integration Assistant for Excel in version 10 ?
Is this still available in GPv10? I don't see it on Disk 2? J That application isn't available for 10.0. I don't think it was available for 9.0 either but not positive as I didn't support that app. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "GiJeet" <gijeet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:99e373d6-478d-49c1-aaa9-65f37a90699d@u8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Is this still available in GPv10? I don't see it on Disk 2? > > J >On May 26, 10:16=A0pm, "Patrick [MSF...

Error Message #40
Switched email from pop3 ISP to Exchange Server 2003. Some of the email prior to the switch can not be opened. I recieve this error message: "can't open this item. could not complete the operation because the service provider does not support it." Please help! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

CRM Server Application has not yet been upgraded error...
I have posted on this one myself before and was fortunate enough to have it go away on its own last time around. I also have seen this one go unanswered for others, but here is another cry for help... When trying to install CRM SFO on Win XPPro Outlook 2k3 Both fully patched in a CRM 1.2 environement, I am getting a message that says " Your CRM Server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade Microsoft CRM Server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook again". Message makes it appear the system thinks there is a version mismatch, but this office has never ...

Run-time error 70
Hello, =============== From help file: Permission denied (Error 70) An attempt was made to write to a write-protected disk or to access a locked file ================ I have received that from user using my app in Windows 7. After tracing the problem I have found only one relevant place in source code is when writing data to this location: c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\<app name> However the routine writing to that location has error handling enabled (On Error Resume Next) My question is: Is it possible to have that run-time error displayed (popped-up) des...

Re: When open file msg "An Error (1) occured"
I would post my error file if somebody could work out. Pls god pl -- wan335 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wan3350's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=427 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=117769 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

Error message when setting up an employee in GP
I receive the following error message when setting up an emplyee in GP: "No security access permissions have been setup for the current user" cant seem to find where I would set up the this access permission. Appreciate any help thanks frank -- Vancouver, Canada First, you will want to go under Routines-Payroll/Canada-Setup Palette-Control-Control and check to see if you have Enable Employee Level Security marked as Yes or No. If you have this marked as Yes, you will need to setup this user within the Advanced Security available. In order to do this you need to go into the P...

Macro Sort Errors
I don't imagine there's any solution, but I've had a number of sort problems in Excel 2003. The one I'm currently experiencing is that Excel doesn't seem to know Ascending from Descending - or Softie , in their infinite wisdom, is experimenting with AI instead of following simple VB. The following code sorts Ascending sometimes and Descending others, depending on how I manually sort the spreadsheet in the most recent iteration. That is - if I select the area and using the sort keys, sort in D-A-D order, it works, but if I manually sort the sheet in D-D-D order, th...

Outlook 2003 error with Server Rules
I have Exchange 5.5 and have just started installing Outlook 2003 on clients. On some clients I get the following error when opening Outlook, "there was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized". I've searched the knowledgebase but with no luck. Anyone have a fix or understand why this is happening? Thanks, Tammy:) ...

Access 2007 on Vista Startup Error
When starting Access 2007 (Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007) on aWindows Vista PC (HP Pavilion), I get the following error message: Automatic configuration of the current version of Microsoft Office Access has failed. Your database might not function correctly. This can occur if you do not have the necessary permissions to install Microsoft Office Access on this computer. The user ID has administrative access, I even tried it logged in as Administrator and stilll get the error. I don't get errors on the other Office applications. ...

Out of Memory Error: MultiThreading Problem?
I have an application with various worker threads each performing calculations on separate data sets specific to each thread and a dll which processes remote server msgs. Each of these worker threads and dll use a class called MessageMgr to notify the main dialog to update specific list controls with the data derived from the calculations. The main function in MessageMgr used to communicate with the dialog is SendMsgToDlg where strMsg is the msg to insert into the control and msgType indicating which control to update: void MessageMgr::SendMsgToDlg(const char* strMsg, int msgType){ CString ...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

Calender + Microsoft Outlook Web Access
At work when I log into my outlook i have a personal calender, and also a shared called for everyone in the 'support group'. When I log into the web interface "Microsoft Outlook Web Access - Version 5.5 SP4" I can only see my private calender. Is there anyway the sysadmin can make it I can also see the 'support calender' when I login. If so how can this be done. No, not in 5.5. You can do this in newer versions of Exchange. remmie wrote: > At work when I log into my outlook i have a personal calender, and > also a shared called for everyone in the '...

PCL XL error printing spreadsheets
I get the follwoing error when printing to our hp 2430; PCL XL error subsystem: KERNAL Error: IllegalOperatorSequence Operator:EndChar Position: 23 This is only happening when I print 2 pages of any excel document. If I print one by one it's ok. Did you solve this error? EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Am afraid not yet, still looking for a solution. <andy> wrote in message news:2007411113253andy@fimed.com... > Did you solve this error? > > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.eggheadcafe.com...

IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE Gives Not Declared Error
I added a new class and had to manually copy some code into that class. But when I compile, I get the following error: c:\(My Path)\OptionsStatus.cpp(12) : error C2509: 'CreateObject' : member function not declared in 'COptionsStatus' This error is reported on the following line in my CPP file: IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(COptionsStatus, CPropertyPage) My class file appears like this: class COptionsStatus : public CPropertyPage { DECLARE_DYNAMIC(COptionsStatus) public: COptionsStatus(); virtual ~COptionsStatus(); // Dialog Data enum { IDD = IDD_OPTIONS_STATUS }; ...

error message when using activesynch
All working well until a new software installation messed up my Windows ME. Now when I plug my Casio pocket PC into its USB cradle to sync with Outlook 2000, I get an error message: "Outlook has caused an error in MS09.DLL. Outlook will now close." This does not happen if the PDA is plugged in when the computer boots. Would appreciate any help. Try renaming the following files while all e-mail enabled applications are closed and then do a detect and repair of Office 2000 via the add/remove applet in the control panel. outcmd.dat to outcmd.original extend.dat to extend.orig...

Printing error
The rows in the print range are printing as pages? Robert Maybe you can give us a little more info. How is your data laid out? How many blank rows between rows of data? How long are the rows relative to one printout row? Is all this on one sheet? How, exactly, are you telling Excel to print the range? Exactly how? What does Excel do? What did you want Excel to do? HTH Otto "Robert Feenet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074601c3ce1d$cb9e79c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The rows in the print range are printing as pages? ...

HPOSOL08 error
After logging on my desktop displays the following message: HPOSOL08 has caused an error in KERNEL32DDL. HPSOL will now close. What does this mean and how can I fix it? ...

Error in FRx when exporting to Excel from Drill down viewer
When we export a report to Excel from Drill down viewer, it gives the error 'Error 9. Subscript out of range'. Although it gives the error, it still exports all the data correctly. We just have to manually go to the location & open the excel file. This is bizarre. We are using a reporting tree. We have also noticed that if we export the summary first and then export the child units, the error doesn't happen but if we first try to export a child unit, it gives this error. We are on FRx 6.7 SP9. Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything we can do to correct this? Than...

Installation Error
Hi all, I'm trying to install CRM and now, at the end of the process, I'm getting this error : Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM database (Error 80040E14). All databases were created successfully on the SQL Server. SQL Server Startup Service Account is set to System account. For the installation, I used Domain User Account, which has admin privileges over the domain and the machine. Tech Support told me about these 2 KB articles : You may receive an "80040E14" error message when you try to install Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 (894283) "...

OPEN DIALOG BOX ERROR
In Outlook 2007 - it will not allow me to create a new mail message. An error message comes up that states "A dialog box is open. Please close it and try again." However, there are no open dialog boxes. Also, once I open outlook, it not allow me to shut down - as if I must close the dialog box before exiting. E-mail is receiving fine and "Test Account" does not show any issues. TORLAV <TORLAV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2007 - it will not allow me to create a new mail message. > An error message comes up that states "A dialog ...

after installing I get runtime error
Hi, I use money for years now without any porblem This mornig, as I wanted to work with money I got: Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call I unistalled Money reinstalled it Not solved Deleted all money-stuff from the register, reinstalled.... nothing I need to work in Money but can't find a way to make it work I read about the problem in this newsgroup but didn't found a real solution to the problem The KB isn't very informative too What to do???!!! Thanks Might help... http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&mid=8665a...

Error 0x80070057 in Publisher 98 clipart
When trying to insert clipart I get error message 0x80070057. I have tried everything, but nothing has worked. Anyone know how to fix it? I would be most grateful for any information. Have you re-registered the Gallery? Find ARTGALRY.EXE, double-click the file, it will say it is registered. It is in a folder similar to this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ARTGALRY Can you open the Gallery? If you can, right-click any category icon in the catalog, click recover. The Clip Gallery has its own help files with troubleshooting tips. There are suggestions you may find helpfu...