Match deposits by amount?

When reconciling a bank statement, this messages pops up:

"Are you sure you want to match deposits by amount within the eight day
grace period?  Yes or No"

This is only occurring in one of many companies.  Does anyone happen to know
what this means or why it is activating in this one company?

Thanks!
0
danrose03 (42)

I would like to know the answer to this question as well.  If you click "no"
it gives you the option to change the number of days.  However, I'm not
really sure what I'm changing.
--
Jeff Bingham
Accountant

"danrose03" wrote:

> When reconciling a bank statement, this messages pops up:
>
> "Are you sure you want to match deposits by amount within the eight day
> grace period?  Yes or No"
>
> This is only occurring in one of many companies.  Does anyone happen to know
> what this means or why it is activating in this one company?
>
> Thanks!

Restrictions to billing amount in PA should be optional
1) Billing should not be restricted by the forecast amount in budget unless this option is required. It's a time consuming exersise to change budgets for every single cost category and fee when billing a large number of projects. 2) Returns should not be restricted by the previously billed amount unless this option is set up. If return is required before billing or credit is given against a different cost category/fee than the originally billed it becomes impossible to record the transaction with the current system set up. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, an...

Matching function or no match
I am using this formula to compare 2 list to see which numbers are not included in both column A and Col C. The formula I am using below pulls out the ones that i do have a match . Is there another function that I could use that would only pull out the ones that there is not a match? =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),"",A1) Thanks Uh =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),A1,"") -- HTH Bob "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE688A2B-3D42-45A0-AA3F-B65034C685E1@microsoft.com... > > I am using this for...

Client E-Mail and Web E-Mail not matching
I've got a few complaints from about 4 users where e-mail they see in their Outlook Client is not showing up in their Outlook Web Client when they check their e-mail from a remote location. We're using Exchange 2003 with SP2 installed and all the users have Office Outlook 2003 with SP1 Installed also. This seems to only have been a problem since we upgraded to Exchange SP2 two weeks ago. (Although I can't confirm it, but I wasn't told of any problems before th upgrade.) We had to upgrade to SP2 because of the 16 Gig limit so rollback is not an option. Best as I can t...

Matching cells #3
Here's my spreadsheet: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 6 4 5 10 5 8 11 6 9 7 10 8 9 10 11 12 13 How do I get the matching numbers on the same rows, like: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 11 11 12 13 13 I would just re-create the columns. 1. Copy column A into D. 2. In E1 put: =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,$A1),$A1,"") 3. Copy it over to F1 and then down as far as needed. 4. Select columns D thru F, copy them, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Value. Press OK. 5. Delete column A thru C. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &g...

Lookup Formula: Return 1st match, then 2nd match, then 3rd match
I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following. Tab 1. Col A=Name. Col B = Task. A B Bob Reconcile Cash Tim Do Sales Report Bob Create presentation Tim Prepare financial statements Bob Hire staff person Now on tab two, I want to create another list that pulls all the tasks together by person. For example, Tab 2 would look like this: Bob Reconcile Cash Bob Create presentation Bob Hire staff person Tim Do Sales Report Tim Prepare financial statement. I realize I can just sor...

Index Match Functions
Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? ...

Tax formula tests for multiple filing statuses and income amounts
A formula tests for three ranges of income levels for five filing statuses; depending upon the results, the taxpayer will receive a tax deduction for $4,000, $2,000, or $0 (i.e., no deduction) The table of ranges of income, filing statuses, and deduction ceilings are as follows: Legend: M-FJ (Married filing jointly) M-FS (Married filing separately) S (Single) HOH (Head of Household) QW (Qualifying Widower) M-FJ S/HOH/QW Deduction amount $130,000 $65,000 $4,000 $160,000 $80,000 $2,000 $160,001 $80,001 $0 The table omits M-FS, since there is no allowable deduction...

Not matching transactions
I have it set to not automatically do anything. I've tried resetting the account quite a few times with the help of technicians, but it's too long and involved, and I'm tired of rebalancing the account every time. I have 3 accounts, 1 works without passport and does fine. One of the others I can manually download from the web site, and have no problems doing it like so and decided this is the best way, prior tries it wouldn't work with passport. But the other still insists they are new transactions, and I can't download from their site directly. They only allow...

data in row didnt match import type 12-30-05
while importing almost 800 accounts , i got the following error for majority of accounts 'Data in row did not match the import type' what is the solution? How can i match it? whats is the way of comparision? It looks like a data problem. You need to check if all dates are correct (and filled), if numbers are numbers (not letters), etc... Regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Aam" <Aam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C51E8ED0-443D-4B35-B436-0A9EDB09B419@microsoft.com... > while impo...

Manually matching transactions
Hi, I'm new to Money 2007 so maybe this is an easy question but I don't find an answer after searching help and recent posts. I have setup a checking account and a bill for Tuition. My transactions are automatically downloaded to my checking account. One of these transactions was my Tuition payment, but the bill still shows as being past due. Can't I simply mark that transaction as being a Tuition payment somehow? I'm sure I could record payment from the bill with the same info as that transaction has then delete the downloaded transaction that wasn't associated ...

How does MATCH handle a Non-Match?
I would like a steer on how the MATCH Worksheetfunction behaves if it doesn't find an exact match of values in the array it is searching. I am looking through a series of Dates and instead of picking the nearest one - which I need and seems most obvious - it seems to pick the previous one. I.E. - Searching for 14 Oct 2005 In a list which contains (among others) 15 Sep 2005 16 Oct 2005 And it picks the 15 Sep row! PS. Cell values are actually 14/10/2005 but formatted as above. In Excel's Help for the MATCH function, it describes how the values are returned. Chris wrote: > I w...

Fixed Assets with different amounts monthly
Dear all, We have assets which need to be depreciated monthly based on the usage hours. So, the monthly depreciation amount will not be constant. It varies accordingly based on usage. How do we take this kind of assets in GP for depreciation? Your immediate response is highly appreciable. We thought of using ACRS as depreciation method. But no use since it is also taking constant equal amounts monthly. Regards, Vijay On Jul 22, 10:14=A0am, Account is empty <Accountisem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > We have assets which need t...

Entering Closing Amounts Problems
We perform blind closes at the register in RMS 1.3R, after that we take the cash till to the "cash room" where we count the money and would like to enter the closing amounts for the blind-closed batches. When I go to Journal - Update Batch Info and select the desired batch I get an error after several seconds that reads "Server Failure 131: A server failure occurred while attempting to read the current batch.". When I go to any of our "POS" terminals it all works fine. I also noticed that if I don't have the "Manager" machines configured for ...

Index, Match, Min and Max question
I'm trying to retrieve a date (in column A) that corresponds with a Min and Max amount (in columns B:D). Basically I need to know when my amounts hit their Highs and Lows. Can someone help me with this please? Thanks, Maria Dates in column A; values in B Then =INDEX(A1:A9,MATCH(MAX(B1:B9),B1:B9,0)) Returns the date corresponding the max value in B Is this what was needed? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <mgriffiths@klmtel.net> wrote in message news:1194464476.732636.234500@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >...

version matching
Do both people have to have the same version of Outlook running in order for Tasks and Appointments to sync up properly when emailed between clients? I'm seeing some irregularities between someone running Outlook in Office 2000 and mine which is part of Office 2003. Appointments with reminders sent from Office 2002 or later will show up as text in Outlook 2000 unless a hotfix is applied to the Outlook 2000 installation. Besides this issue, I am not aware of any others except for ..pst file type incompatibilities, easily solved on the 2003 side. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

Recurring deposit on second wednesday of very month -- how to set up??
I have Microsoft Money 2000 (version 8). Is there a way to set up a recurring deposit that arrives on the second wednesday of every month?? (I see options for monthly, weekly, etc.) Thanks. Barb Hi Barb On 2K business the menu that comes up shows monthly as the first option. If you move the "slide bar" in the side "every other week" shows up. Lew "striped_moose" <striped_moose@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:28542eee.0402141312.26633ba9@posting.google.com... > I have Microsoft Money 2000 (version 8). > > Is there a way to set up a recurr...

fuzzy logic matching in Excel
Is there such a thing as fuzzy logic matching in excel? For example, if I have Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 Davie Kings Road London England and Davie Kings Road - London This should match as a potential pair. How can I do this in Excel? Any ideas? Nothing built in. Davie wrote: > > Is there such a thing as fuzzy logic matching in excel? > > For example, if I have > Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 > Davie Kings Road London Eng...

Offset match formula
Hi, I have the following offset match formula that I use to correctly pull data into a summary sheet by date and metric name. Every day I update my week and it pulls in the new data corrrectly. Is it possible to add to this formula so that I can sum range of dates in my source sheet? For example, I have a YTD total that I would like to be able to use this formula for. But in order to do that I need to adjust it so that it will sum up all of the rows between two dates. Is this possible? What would the formula look like? Do I need to use a different formula? =OFFSET(Source!$F$118:$ES$201...

using MATCH for multiple matches
Greetings Is it possible to use the MATCH function to list all matches in a column rather than just the first one, or is there another way of doing this? Many thanks. Mat, Not sure what you want to extract, but the easiest way is to autofilter your list: Data | Filter | Autofilter.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mat" <buffaloesinc@DELETE2REPLYhotmail.com> wrote in message news:c7diur$ksu$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk... > Greetings > > Is it possible to use the MATCH function to list all matches in a column > rather than just the first one, or is there another way o...

Access Subtracting an amount with a confim box
Hello i am trying to create a workshop program, it needs to keep all the stock and once a part or tyre is fitted take it out of the stock. So far so good, but i've got to a problem where i must subtract an amount from a cell in a table called 'stocklist' to take away stock when its been used, what code would i use to take away an amount in a text box(called 'quantitytxt') from a cell in a table the table is called 'stocklist' the column called 'quantity' and it has to be the cell down where the coloumn 'part' is what the user has selected. So...

Scheduled Bills/Deposits being deleted by MSN Money!
Money 2k4 Deluxe and Money Central, win xp pro sp-1 tho I doubt this matter.. I have about 2 dozen scheduled bills or deposits set up. When I sync my account with MSN Money, I lose a number of these, they simply aren't listed anymore, although about 10 or so remain. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY this is happening. For the moment, I'm simply not syncing with MSN money, but that's a less than optimal solution, as it means I have to manually download electronic statements for half a dozen bank accounts. I have before and after screenshots of the bills page, if seeing ...

how do i see which data matches between two worksheets?
I need to compare a very long worksheet (W1) to a shorter worksheet (W2) to see if any of the files listed on W1 are on W2. I then need to copy the matching rows from W2 to a new worksheet. Hi, look CPearson web http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ListFunctions.aspx second title Extracting Elements Common To Two Lists "Judy" wrote: > I need to compare a very long worksheet (W1) to a shorter worksheet (W2) to > see if any of the files listed on W1 are on W2. I then need to copy the > matching rows from W2 to a new worksheet. ...

Excel should allow correlations of data so chart markers match up
When creating complex charts with columns and markers all markers show up in fromt of one column instead of being matched with the correct column. If information could be correlated the markers could be line up with the correct column which would make reading the chart easier! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

How to count rows that match two criteria?
Hi! I hope the title uses the right terminology, but here's what I am trying to do (with greatly simplified example). Single workbook. Excel 2002. I'm using two worksheets, but the same could apply within a single worksheet. In worksheet CCC, column C contains the list of valid strings for the AAA!A cells. Each string appears once and only once. On worksheet AAA, each cell in column A might contain any ONE of several strings (MMM, OOO, PPP, etc) or it might be empty. There may be several of each string in this column, and some strings may not appear at all. On the sa...