Mass Delete of Accounts

We seem to have thousands of accts that were added that have had no
activity and I would like to mass delete them (without SQL, if
possible).

I did a query between GL30000 and GL00100 pulling in all accts from
GL0100 where there were no records in GL30000 which was a lot.  I also
filted on accts created before the beginning of the year.

I know about Mass Modify and the ability to delete; but there isn't
any rhyme or reason to the population of accts so that really isn't an
option.

Is there any way via Integration manager or something similar where I
can delete these old, unused accts?

On a similar note, If I do have over 100,000 accts not used, how is
this effecting performance, if at all.

0
preyno8269 (26)

SQL is a rather robust dbm and if you give it enough room (disk and memory)
you should not have a response time issue based on that amount of data.  I
have regularly worked with master files with over 1 million records.

Other than mass modify and SQL commands (there are multiple tables!  be
careful using SQL scripts to get them all) I think you might be out of luck.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"willwonka" wrote:

> We seem to have thousands of accts that were added that have had no
> activity and I would like to mass delete them (without SQL, if
> possible).
>
> I did a query between GL30000 and GL00100 pulling in all accts from
> GL0100 where there were no records in GL30000 which was a lot.  I also
> filted on accts created before the beginning of the year.
>
> I know about Mass Modify and the ability to delete; but there isn't
> any rhyme or reason to the population of accts so that really isn't an
> option.
>
> Is there any way via Integration manager or something similar where I
> can delete these old, unused accts?
>
> On a similar note, If I do have over 100,000 accts not used, how is
> this effecting performance, if at all.

0
info4071 (3004)
11/21/2008 6:45:01 PM
If those accounts does not have any transactions, you can use Macro to
perform deletion, it will take some time but it will fully validate GP
business logic, let me know if you need help in creating accounts deleting
macro.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> SQL is a rather robust dbm and if you give it enough room (disk and memory)
> you should not have a response time issue based on that amount of data.  I
> have regularly worked with master files with over 1 million records.
>
> Other than mass modify and SQL commands (there are multiple tables!  be
> careful using SQL scripts to get them all) I think you might be out of luck.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "willwonka" wrote:
>
> > We seem to have thousands of accts that were added that have had no
> > activity and I would like to mass delete them (without SQL, if
> > possible).
> >
> > I did a query between GL30000 and GL00100 pulling in all accts from
> > GL0100 where there were no records in GL30000 which was a lot.  I also
> > filted on accts created before the beginning of the year.
> >
> > I know about Mass Modify and the ability to delete; but there isn't
> > any rhyme or reason to the population of accts so that really isn't an
> > option.
> >
> > Is there any way via Integration manager or something similar where I
> > can delete these old, unused accts?
> >
> > On a similar note, If I do have over 100,000 accts not used, how is
> > this effecting performance, if at all.

The 'mail merge' macro to the rescue!

David Musgrave's blog has some rather detailed instructions on how to build
one of these macros. The title to his article is "How to use Word Mail Merge
and Macros to Import Data", but the concept is exactly the same.

Here's a link to the article:
http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/30/how-to-use-word-mail-merge-and-macros-to-import-data.aspx

Hope this helps,

Leslie
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> If those accounts does not have any transactions, you can use Macro to
> perform deletion, it will take some time but it will fully validate GP
> business logic, let me know if you need help in creating accounts deleting
> macro.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > SQL is a rather robust dbm and if you give it enough room (disk and memory)
> > you should not have a response time issue based on that amount of data.  I
> > have regularly worked with master files with over 1 million records.
> >
> > Other than mass modify and SQL commands (there are multiple tables!  be
> > careful using SQL scripts to get them all) I think you might be out of luck.
> >
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "willwonka" wrote:
> >
> > > We seem to have thousands of accts that were added that have had no
> > > activity and I would like to mass delete them (without SQL, if
> > > possible).
> > >
> > > I did a query between GL30000 and GL00100 pulling in all accts from
> > > GL0100 where there were no records in GL30000 which was a lot.  I also
> > > filted on accts created before the beginning of the year.
> > >
> > > I know about Mass Modify and the ability to delete; but there isn't
> > > any rhyme or reason to the population of accts so that really isn't an
> > > option.
> > >
> > > Is there any way via Integration manager or something similar where I
> > > can delete these old, unused accts?
> > >
> > > On a similar note, If I do have over 100,000 accts not used, how is
> > > this effecting performance, if at all.

How to recall and delete a particluar message..
Hello, I have Exchange 2003. Is there a way to recall an email and delete it from everyone's mailbox? I know there is the recall function in outlook however I have already tried this and it doesn't seem to recall messages that have already been opened. Is there a way through ESM maybe that can search for this email then I have the option to delete it. The message has gone to about 100 users. Thanks TKE402 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:27:01 -0700, TKE402 <TKE402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have Exchange 2003. Is there a way to recall an email and de...

Deleting mail?
Is there any way to globally set or mail store option for a mail retention policy in Exchange? I've been using Mailbox Manager settings to do it because of the way our org was setup but that's been cleaned up and I was hoping for a better option. On Mon, 15 May 2006 18:34:01 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to globally set or mail store option for a mail retention >policy in Exchange? I've been using Mailbox Manager settings to do it >because of the way our org was setup but that's been cleaned up and I was >hoping...

Center of Mass
Hello together, i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate the center of mass of this "volume". Should be easy in Excel...but what's the easiest way of doing it? Best Regards Gerhard Gerhard, What do the integer values represent, and what does the matrix represent? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Gerhard" <Gerhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46E76273-2824-457D-92E9-00AB0211AFAD@microsoft.com... > Hello together, > i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate > the center ...

Mass Delete
Some how I have created multiple listings for the same item. I think I made any error in importing a csv file. For example I have over 100 separate items with the same SKU (STNP-1) and desription. Is there a way to delete these as a bunch and not each single one. Thanks for any advice. Steve: Each item has a unique ID called the primary key even though you may have entered all of the other information multiple times. Pick one ID, call it X, to keep and delete the others with Tom's statement with the additional qualifier" AND ID <> X". "Steve" wrote: &g...

how to delete a mesage form the server?
Hello everyone. I need to know hot to create a rule in Outlook 2002 wich can delete a message from the email server BEFORE it's downloaded. I know Outlook Express can do it and it's simple, but Outlook XP seems to apply the rule and deletes the message AFTER it is downloaded. Please help Thanx! ;) -- ________________ Jorge Novoa F.A. Arias & Mu�oz El Salvador, C.A. Jorge Novoa <jnovoa@ariaslaw.com> wrote: > I need to know hot to create a rule in Outlook 2002 wich can delete a > message from the email server BEFORE it's downloaded. Not possible without Exc...

hOW TO DELETE THE
"KimSingh" <KimSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How to delete the - in (23-HFV51), I have lots of rows with data. Assume the source is in col A, A2 down Put in B2: =SUBSTITUTE(A2,"-","") Copy down Copy col B, then paste special as values to overwrite col A -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- Edit>Replace what: - with: nothing Replace all. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:07:02 -0800, "KimSingh" <KimSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

new
Take a look at this: DLL, loaded into address space of main thread. In Main Thread: MYSTRUCT *p = MYDLL.GetStruc(); ..... AfxIsValidAddress( p, sizeof( MYSTRUCT ) ); // Doesn't Fail > delete p; // Fail MYDLL GetStruct() exported function: MYSTRUCT* p = new MYSTRUCT .... return p; Really strange, delete p in Main Thread fails. It fails an ASSERT : _ASSERTE(_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)); into _free_dbg Before performing "delete p" the pointer is OK, i've taken a look at memory and everythig is OK!!!! Thanks Ale It fails on: HeapValid...

How do I delete a page in Excel?
I have a 5 page report I created in Excel. I want to delete the last 2 pages (page 4 and 5 of 5). Thanks, Paul... hold down the ctrl key>select both>right click>delete. record a macro while doing. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8679817-27E5-43FD-BC60-1736951369EE@microsoft.com... >I have a 5 page report I created in Excel. I want to delete the > last 2 pages (page 4 and 5 of 5). > > Thanks, Paul... Paul Right-click the sheet tab > 'Delete'. Geo...

mass mailing causes system to become a bottleneck
Good Day, We running exchange 2003, once a week we send a mass amiler to roughly 1000 recipients with a 1mb attachment. Whenever this happens the exchange server and internet because a bottleneck and end users are not able to do any work for hours at a time. Is there any other method we can use to send these messages? Is there anything I can do on exchange that would prioritize the traffic? Any help would be appreciated. Ray How are you sending this message? Are you using Outlook and BCC? You can defer the sending of the message by selecting Tools > Options > Do not deliver...

How to Delete too heavy outgoing mail?
I attached a 93MB MP3 file to an e-mail. Click on SEND and it is stuck. I cannot Delete, cannot Stop, cannot Move to another file, and cannot send any other e-mail. Please tell me how to erase that file so my Outlook will work fine. There are several methods you can use: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Fergon" <Fergon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76EAC216-C332-4D00-92F9-6CDF636D1A92@microsoft.com... > I attached a 93MB MP3 file to an e-mail. Click on SEND and it is stuck. I > cannot Delete, cannot Stop, ca...

How do I add a Web Access Account to my Outlook at home?
That sounds strange, but I'm a student at a university that has given me an Outlook Account on Web Access for the purpose of receiving school mail, mainly school-wide announcements and information from professors. However, I find the online version to be very limiting and I'm not familiar with the newer versions of Outlook (haven't had it since about 1996 or so). I need to know if I can access e-mails recieved on my Web Access account in my Outlook program at home... Also, maybe if this is possible I won't have to do that... Can I organized e-mails on Web Access? I k...

Delete Single Link in "Recent Documents"
I need to delete a specific link from the Recent Documents folder. I know I can delete all links using SHAddToRecentDocs passing NULL as the second parameter, but this clears the entire list and I don't want that. The name of the link is readily available since the file would have been opened and closed just a moment earlier based on user interaction with a CFileDialog. I need to support Win98 so I can't use the OFN_DONTADDTORECENT flag in the OPENFILENAME structure passed to CFileDialog. ...

Ability to filter GL Account in Erequisition
In eReq, when a requestor is allowed to enter the GL account for a non-inventoried item, the requestor can see the entire list of GL accounts. Many clients of mine would like to limit the accounts the requestor can select from. It would be nice to have some rules setup for that. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

mass modify
In version 9.0 the GL Mass Modify option does not copy or move the GL account description from the source account. Instead it creates its own description from the account segment descriptions. Is there any way that the mass modify can copy the correct description. This is a big issue for our company because we have more than 50,000 accounts. And it will be impossible for us to update each account description when a new division is created. ...

delete log files
have a filled up drive- no need for logfiles in this instance circumstance would allow circular logging for next few months, before setting though, need to reclaim space on hdd. how to tell which logfiles I can delete and not hose the db? In news:14ABD827-B264-4626-8970-20E5578A4053@microsoft.com, AlexandrDiogenes@hotmail.com <AlexandrDiogeneshotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > have a filled up drive- no need for logfiles in this instance > circumstance would allow circular logging for next few months, before > setting though, need to reclaim space on hdd. how ...

Delete old transactions from an account
Is there a way to mass delete transactions from an account. The transactions are all marked as reconciled so it takes 2 confirmation clicks after I do a delete. I could live with that if I could select multiple to delete. Anyway to do that? You might want to read up on File | Archive but none of the regulars here practice it and most, myself included, actively advise against using it. You can turn off the confirmation on the reconciled transaction somewhere in Tools | Settings. I'm not sure if you can turn off the delete confirmation. You can get pretty fast with Del | Y | <re...

Deleting rows after filtering using VBA
Each fortnight I receive a set of data in a spreadsheet which I need t sort and format. So far I can format the sheet and sort and delete row with values of <=0 in Column G. In column A is a set of two letter codes (EA, BC, HP, etc) which ca vary each month so the macro I recorded to apply autofiltering bomb out when it finds one of these codes which didn't exist in the sheet used to record the macro. It's also only deleting 1 row at a time afte filtering. I'm not sure how to set the variable for the two lette codes or how to delete all the rows which show after autofilterin w...

Reversing an automatically balanced account
I ran into a problem in recent weeks. I import my transactions from CITI and US BANK and they come in as reconciled and Money shows that the account was most recently balanced at the time of the import. This started happening after having to reload Money Deluxe 2005. This is rather annoying since I balance all my accounts off of paper statements just as a sanity check. The "Automatically mark accepted transactions as reconciled" option in the online services setup menu is unchecked. I need 2 things done: 1. Stop Money 2005 from automatically balancing the account upon import of ...

How to mass convert Filename.eml to Filename.msg while keeping them in original subdirectories?
Does anyone know of a utility that walks an explorer directory and subdirectory converting every .eml file into a .msg file? My company has used Outlook express for 4 years, and we often copied emails to various Windows Explorer directories. After copying, we would often rename the .eml file -- for instance change "please help.eml" to "John Doe needs help with Outlook Express crashes.eml". Each e-mail copied resulted in an .eml file like "Hey Santa, here is my xmas list.eml" Find File .eml reveals that we have 3000 such files spread over 100 subdirectories. ...

User cannot delete message
We have a user using Outlook 2000 who cannot delete a message. When she tries to delete the message she recieves an error message which state that access is denied and that the message could not be found. This messages apparently has her mailbox somewhat frozen in that I can see 20 messages in my local delivery queue waiting to be delivered to her. What is the best way to proceed to get that message out of her Inbox to see if that is what is preventing her mail being delivered? Thanks Gary have you tried doing a <shift delete>? "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Deleted Sent Box
I accidently deleted my Sent box in Windows Live Mail. How do I get it back? I made a "sent" file, but that doesn't work. I uninstalled and re-installed Windows Live and that didn't work. I deleted my e-mail account and then re-added it and that didn't work. My messages are being sent -- they are just not showing up in a sent file. Help! -- ABB Is this a pop3 account? What did you do with the Inbox messages when you deleted the account? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "ABB" wrote in message news:062CFF62-9F2B-4642-B3B6-A6...

deleting stuff
i have trouble deleting e-mails in my inbox in outlook express, when i click delete all that happens is a line is crossed through it, im in urgent need of assistance. thanks Edit-> Purge Deleted Messages Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD s...

email in outbox that cannot be deleted and will not send
I have accidentally pressed send on an extremely large email. Now when I attempt to send/receive, no other emails can be sent. The large email cannot be deleted from the Outbox. The large email, if I attempt to open it in the Outbox, gives me an error message "Outlook has already begun transmitting this message" (when in fact Outlook has been closed and reopened many time and send/receive been activated several times and the email remains in the Outbox.) Any suggestions? Mike Fisher 704.231.5645 mfisher@sprintmail.com Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close ...

How I teste if a Contact has no Account in Workflow Manager?
Hi, I am created a rule who need test if a contact has no=20 account.=20 In the Workflow manager I insert a condition and a test of=20 object condition, but I can't test if a contact has no=20 account, only if the account of the contact is equal or=20 not equals to other.=20 Somebody can help me? Thank you for pay attention and sorry my bad english. []=B4s Vin=EDcius Hola Vinicius I checked this and didn't get it as well. You could use the sdk creating an userdefiend workflow. Steffen "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo" <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

Win Live mail does not delete mails on server after emptying "deleted items" folder?
Hi. We're using wlm as a mail client at the office and we set all the clients to leave the messages on server. Only one client is set to remove from the server after deleting from deleted items. This method once used to work but now it does not. We have to empty our inbox via the host's web mail application. What should we do, what is wrong with wlm? Should we use another mail client? Thank you in advance for your suggestions. -- australis Support for Windows Live Essential applications and Live Services is available in the Windows Live Solution Center Windows Live ...