MAPI in GP

Hello All,

Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0.
--
With Regards
Junaid Idrees

0
junaid_rms (28)

That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains".
What are you trying to accomplish?

patrick
mbs developer support

"Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains
9.0.
> --
> With Regards
> Junaid Idrees
> Associate Project Manager
> Enterprise Business Solutions

0
prot1 (1345)

Vision for Dynamics GP
Has anybody used Vision? It is a third party reporting tool. where can i get this tool.???? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ObjectDumper LINQ To Export Collection Via .NET Reflection http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/21737599-5a63-4672-a32c-a36cca282a3f/objectdumper-linq-to-export-collection-via-net-reflection.aspx ...

Terminal Server and GP 10
I know what the recommendations say but with the processing power of new servers on the market is anyone using Terminal Server and GP 10 on the same box with 30 or more users accessing GP (not at users are transactional users)? We have a client with 25 concurrent users running SQL, GP10 and terminal services. Consider full client installs for users doing a lot of posting and limit use of home pages, and you should be fine. They are now moving to a 64 bit server and want to run GP as a 32 bit virtual server to overcome memory limitations. "tpamike" wrote: > I know what ...

MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed
Help this is the error I am getting: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: You do not have permission to log on. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000 Source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session EventID: 9175 This shows up about once a min. in the event log - but everything seems to be working OK. This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old server. While trying...

Which GP feature can generate EFT text file (Payable cheque)
We need to generate text file be sent to bank for cheque printing & sending cheque to customer. I am using GP 10, but i do not find the window that can generate EFT text-formatted output file. and I expect it in (Tools>>Setup>Purchasing>EFT Payables Setup>EFT file> generation). However, my current GP 10 do not have this window for me to prepare data for generate the text file. Please advise. Thank you. EFT for Payables Management. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The...

MAPI in GP
Hello All, Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains". What are you trying to accomplish? patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1AE16F-FE51-4465-9643-83F6A15EC763@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > Can...

Migrating Customer from SBF to GP
As far as the process of 'migrating' a customer from SBF to GP, is all you need to do is install GP, create a company database, and then restore that database from a backup of the SBF company (the table structures within the db’s “look” identical). Dear Veridicus, I am not sure! I would prefer to use integration manager instead, easy and safe. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Software Development Manager +962 - 79 - 999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com "Veridicus" wrote: > As far...

Project Module in GP 10
Dear All, There is an issue with Registration in GP 10. If you put the registration keys in GP 10 for the first time and Click on Validate Button, It will show What are all the modules registered. But , if you change any other key and click on Validate , it will not show you the modules regitered thereafter. You have to select manually. In my case, I did the same thing, Initially I put our own key (Partner), then I have changed it to my client License key to check what are all the modules registered. Then I went to the Alternate Modified forms / reports and selected All products , Pr...

SOP Posting interrupted
A user tried posting an SOP batch and got this error: “Unhandled database exception: A save operation on table ‘SOP_LINE_CMT_WORK_HIST’ failed accessing SQL data. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to go about fixing it? -- ToddR It appears that the record in SOP10202 is missing data in the TRXSORCE field. Any ideas on where to get this information or should the batch be deleted and re-entered? -- ToddR "ToddR" wrote: > A user tried posting an SOP batch and got this error: > > “Unhandled database exception: > A save operation on table ‘SOP_LINE_CMT_...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

GP 9 SOP Batch Not Posting
I know I've run into this before. I just set up a new database. Financial, Sales Transaction, and Payables batches are all posting. SOP Batches, however, do nothing. I go into Master Posting - select the batch and select post. It counts down the percentage and then nothing happens. The batch remains there - nothing is posted to the GL. Posting accounts are set up, Fiscal periods are open. I remember there being one setting I needed to select when this happened before but for the life of me I can't find it. Thanks! -- Cornerstone Enterprise Soltuions, LLC. ...

MAPI
My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell me that my email program ( Outlook) must be set up as a MAPI client in order to send an image as an attachment to an email using Zoom Browser EX. How do I do this Is Outlook your default email program to send/receive email - or do you have it set to Outlook Express or some other third party program? Check Control Panel - Internet Properties - Programs and see if Microsoft Outlook is selected for email. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01da01c3a0be$37d17490$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell...

GP 9.0 to GP 10.0
Instead of upgrading from GP 9.0 to 10.0 on the server we are planning on installing GP 10.0 on a new server and migrating data over. On the client side we'll do an upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0. Unless the PC's do not meet 10.0 requirements. Are there any tools and or paths to use for a migration rather than an upgrade? Thanks, J Purdy The way I have done this in the past is to restore the databases to the new server, then run Dynutils to update the databases from 9.0 to 10.0. You will need to move the users as well. There is a document on Partnersource that explains how to move ...

Moving GP Capture Scripts
The SQL capture scripts to move from one server to another do NOT work under SQL Server 2005. You get all kinds of violation message about password policy violations. Theyn must be rewritten for SQL Server 2005. ...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Customisation Training
Hello to all To help improve the customisation skills in the Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) community, Microsoft will be offering three training courses in two locations in the Asia Pacific region. These courses are open to all partners and customers worldwide. You may select which of the courses you wish to attend or attend all three. The trainer for these courses will be David Musgrave. David has presented at conferences and delivered training around the world. Based in Perth, Western Australia, David has been working as a Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) developer and co...

MAPI problem
Hello, in my application, I'm using MAPI to get some messages in the mailbox. I'm using MAPIFindNext to browse mails. On a big mailbox (about 1500 messages) I have no problems with thunderbird, but with Outlook 2003 it's very slow and if I open a new application, I can't work with it because it loose focus when my app loop. here is a sample that demonstrate it: BOOL bOK = TRUE; CString cursor; while (bOK) { char result[513]; try { m_LastMAPIError=MAPIFindNext(hSession(), hparent, NULL , cursor, MAPI_LONG_MSGID, 0, result); if (m_LastMAPIError==SUC...

GP and RMS integration #2
Hi We have RMS installed across 40 stores and are bsuy implementing GP at HQ, but are finding the standard integration to be woefully inadequate. What are our options here for a cost effective integration solution between GP and MS RMS. Note we control all stock from RMS and use GP primarily for financial control Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Shaun, We have just suggested a custom integration( RMS-GP) solution to our client , if you are interested in learning please drop a email. Regards, nj.tech@hotmail.com "Shaun" wrote: > Hi > > We have RMS instal...

CRM & GP
We are in a planning process of implementing CRM 4.0 & GP 10. My question are 1. What are pros and cons if CRM, GP and SQL are on a single sever? 2. If we have two servers for CRM & GP, what the configuation should be? Can CRM & GP share a SQL which is installed on a separate server? All the servers are domain members. Thanks, Jin Hi Jin, I would like to know how many users that you have using the CRM system? will there be any integration between GP and CRM? Here's my thought and I hope it will help you. If you are integrating the system, my thought will be...

how to mail programmatically and MAPI ?
Hello, is there a way to programmatically choose the recipients and text and attachments before the opening of the mail window done by the message ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL ( which opens the default mail software window as Outlook Express or Netscape ) Thanks Xavier > is there a way to programmatically choose the recipients and text and > attachments before the opening of the mail window done by the message > ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL ( which opens the default mail software window as > Outlook Express or Netscape ) You can control the messagebody, recipents, attachments, ... using the ...

MAPI ???
Greetings!!! I m using MS OutlookXP. I got this error while opening. Unable to open your default e-mail folder. The .dll file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.dll. Be sure the service is corectly installed and configured. I have also uninstall and re-install officeXp. But still error continues. Awaiting for kind help. regds, Saurabh GO TO TOOLS/OPITONS/MAIL SETUP/ Then click on EMAIL ACCOUNTS Then when the Wizard opens under Directory click View or Change existing..... When that opens up REMOVE the Active Directory!...

Third Party Cash Accounting Package for GP
Does anyone know of an ISV product that somehow converts your standard accrual based entries and changes them to cash based accounting. A cleint that we picked up says that they have such a product. They don't know who developed it, but that they got it from their reseller. I am going to post this message on another news group so so you may see 2 postings. Joanne Mahoney Jacksonville, FL juanne, The only one I know is cash based reporting from Aim Solutions. I've heard that itis a good product froma developer who once worked for them but have not used it or evaluated it. http://w...

Site Name and Keys for GP
We just deployed GP9 in our company. Everything is installed successfully. However, upon start-up, there is a pop-up box saying that the software will be expired in 90 days (while what we have is not trial products). When I tried to register, I am getting an error registration key. 1. What is a site name? Is this our company? Is it case sensitive? Should I type MYCOMPANY, Inc. MYCOMPANY, Inc or MYCOMPANY Inc ? 2. In the products, there are several keys. I don't know which one to use. What's printed are: Great Plain Keys (2 keys; 23 characters/each) Manufacturing Test Keys (5 k...

GP 8.0 help, corrupted datbase?
Hello techies.. I am very new to Great Plains so I need some assistance and hopefully someone can help. We are using GP 8.0, and for some reason this week we have started have problems with our Dynamics database, on SQL 2000. When a user logs in to GP, then they select their company it the window then says "initializing Great Plains" then quickly changes to "applying personal settings". On occasion, before it begins the "applying.." we get errors associated with some custom modules that were created months ago. This problem only started happening this w...

Mapi/CDO Outlook emailing
I'm using a mapi/cdo routine (based on code from Sue Mosher) to generate a mass email from a CRM Access application. I'm looping through a recordset adding email body/attachments etc and then objOutlookMsg.Close (olSave) objOutlookMsg.Move objOutlookDestFolder for each message saves the email to the Outlook Outbox and only one security warning is thrown for the entire session which is fine. However, all the messages in the Outbox are non-italicised, i.e. each one has to be opened up and Send clicked. If I add objOutlookMsg.Send to the loop, I get a separate security dialog box...

mail with ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL and MAPI
Hello to all, I would like to add mail support to my application , by using the default mail software (for example netscape or outlook express ) interface. I can do it automatically with the message ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL MFC integrated, but I would like, before opening the window , to programmatically add some attachments files, the "To:" and "Cc:" fields ( the recipients of the mail message ) , the text of the mail , and maybe using the outlook adress book etc ... Is it possible to do this ? I found some examples using MAPI but it re-create a new mail window, and d...

Synch errors for MAPI Hotmail accounts
For my MAPI Hotmail accounts, emails are not deleted from the Hotmail server when I try to delete them in Outlook 2007. I am getting synchronization errors, and messages move to the "Local Failures" folder in Outlook. Scenario: I delete an email, and it goes to the "Deleted Items" folder for the account. I right click on the "Deleted Items" folder, and select Empty "Deleted Items" folder. I click Yes to permanently delete all items. They move from the "Deleted Items" folder to the "Local Failures" folder and are not d...