Manufacturing Standard Cost

Hello,

       We are running GP 8.0 SP 2 with Manufacturing.  We have a standard
cost revalution journal entry is there a way to find which standard cost
changes make up this journal entry?  Thanks for any help you can provide.
--
Thanks,

Brian
0
Brian8214 (439)

Manufacturing Configurator
A prospect runs a printing business. They take orders from their customers. No two orders are exactly the same. They print calendars, business cards, company annual reports, menus etc. They need a solution that will allow them to cost their orders and generate quotes for their customers. If making some calendars of this size they will need this type of paper and so much bottles of ink. If they are doing another size calendar, they will need this other size paper and this many bottles of ink. I have seen some configurator modules for some manufacturing solutions. They sound ...

Reports for Manufacturing
Good afternoon ¿What option define the reports of manufacturing to print?. In Great Plains this option is in Setup>>Posting>>Posting. In manufacturing is there the same option? Thanks! ...

Standard Cost question
The standard cost of my item is $10 but I purchase the item for $11. The additional $1 also goes to the same inventory account in our system. So now the inventory account balance is a debit of $11. Next, when this item is consumed, inventory is issued out at standard cost which is $10. So now my inventory account still has a debit of $1 although there is no physical inventory. Can you help me out here? KT, Using standard cost, the $1 variance would be posted to the Purchase Price Variance account you set in posting accounts setup, unless you set the variance to post to the inventory acc...

"standard" toolbar falls off the screen
mac osx 10.2.6 office v.x this is a problem that i have encountered in all of the office v.x programs. when i place the dock on the left hand side of the screen, the "standard" toolbar is positioned as it should be. when i place the dock on the right hand side of the screen or at the bottom, or if i turn on autohide while the dock is on the left hand side of the screen (ie, when the dock is in any position other than visible and on the left hand side) then, the "standard" toolbar is pushed off of the left hand side of the screen. more than half of the "new blank ...

Outlook Express Standard Toolbar Missing
Hi To All, I am facing a problem with my outlook experess as my standard toolbar is missing on my outlook express. Please Advice....Thanks.. Shailesh On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:56:01 -1000, Shailesh <Shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi To All, > > I am facing a problem with my outlook experess as my standard toolbar is > missing on my outlook express. > > Please Advice....Thanks.. > > Shailesh This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting ...

Cost of inter-process messages
The communication between several processes is very frequent. Currently I am using SendMessage to send WM_COPYDATA messages between them. My question is, is this kind of inter-process communication efficient? Are there better method? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. "Zhiguo" <ZhiguoYoung@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1186570756.957595.213630@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > The communication between several processes is very frequent. > Currently I am using SendMessage to send WM_COPYDATA messages between > them. > My question is, is ...

manufacturing
Dear group Did any one implemented manufacturing Great Plains And if any one makes this can u send me the scenario for it I don't think there is any 1 scenario that fits everyone's needs. You will need to work with your partner to identify what you need for your business and set it up accordingly. For example, our manufacturing process is outsourced and we setup to backflush all raw materials. You may or ma not need to track employee and machine hours. You will also need to identify which manufacturing modules you really need - there are several. "saleh" wro...

Problem installing Manufacturing in GP9
I'm trying to install the Manufacturing module for GP9 but when it initially tries to complete throught GP utilities I receive the following message: Database Dynamics Product Manufacturing Error Unable to get extended version information for producr 346 Any ideas? Thanks ...

Average Moving Cost per Site
Please consider a modification that would allow companies to have different Average Moving Cost (or perpetual) inventory values per location. Example: We have a production and point-of-sale operation at location A. We also have a point-of-sale location B. The cost of trucking the "core" product from the production facility (location A) to the point-of-sale location (location B) adds a significant cost to the "landed" product at location B. Without the ability to separate the cost by location makes "Margin" information useless. Some business' live a...

Manufacturing MRP error
I get the following error at the end of the MRP regeneration, I click OK and it will print the very long report. I am not sure though that MRP is actually finishing becuase the history window shows incomplete. Here is the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionCheckForData (CheckforData()). Does anyone have any idea what this error message is? -- Doug Under the Debug button: 'MRP_Regen',1,6/12/2008, 18,3,1,1,0,1 'mmrpRegneFullStart',0, 6/12/2008, "E0111",18,3,1,1,0,1,0,0 -- Doug "Doug" wrote: > I get the following err...

process manufacturing
Hello: I'm aware that most techs out there qualify that GP Manufacturing does not handle "process" manufacturing well. With that in mind, I would like to know if there are any issues with the following. (Keep in mind that this is only an example, but a real like situation that I have in mind applies.) Let's say that you sell boxes of cookies. And, the components of these finished good items are not going to be received into Purchase Order Processing. In fact, what will be received into Purchase Order Processing are the bulk bags of dough that are used to make (amo...

Downgrade from GP Pro to GP Standard
We are exploring the possibility of downgrading our current Dynamics GP install (v9.0) from the Professional edition to the Standard edition (I guess it is referred to now as Business Essentials). We have identified the modules/functionality that we will lose and are assessing our needs. Of greater concern at the moment is data integrity if we move forward with the downgrade. Has anyone downgraded? What kind of fallout might we encounter with data integrity, especially as is relates to historical receivables transactions involving parent & child(ren) using National Accounts? -- ...

Item
We would like Great Plains to have the ability to have different costs (standard and current) for items at each location where the item exists. We currently have several warehouses in different countries and parts of the world. The cost of our items vary greatly at each warehouse, due to transportation costs, dutys, etc. Currently Great Plains only stores the cost at the item level. It is impossible to have an accurate picture of our sales margin on items with only one cost per item. We have tried to go around this by creating multiple item numbers, each with different costs. But t...

Standardized Background with pics for Emails
Hi, I wanted to have a template (background) for my emails with a picture and a signature in it. I have made an .oft file with a pic and a signature and stored it in "templates in file system". So I can use it if I send a new Email and go to New->select form->templates in file system->open "name.oft" This procedure is a little complicated and I don=B4t have my background when I answer or forward an email. So I wanted to ask if somebody knows what I have to do to use my .oft file as standardized email template (so I have it in all my outgoing emails). Sorry about m...

Upgrade Money Standard 2003 with Money Deluxe
I had a power surge. I put Money 2003 Standard back on new computer. I upgraded from Money Standard to Money Deluxe on my old computer with an activation number. How do I add this activation number to Money Standard 2003 to update to Money Deluxe 2003. I have the long activation standard copy on paper. Thanks, hmcdonald ...

Microsoft Great Plains Manufacturing
some SDK exists for Microsoft Great Plains Manufacturing There is an SDK. I don't think it covers every module. You should be able to search for and download it from CustomerSource. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Richard Padilla" wrote: > some SDK exists for Microsoft Great Plains Manufacturing > > > Don't expect much from the Mftg SDK because it only covers Manufacturing Order Processing - Inventory & SOP. MRP, MPS, etc. are all missing. -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > There is an SDK. I don't think it ...

Serial Tracking (Manufacturing)
Recently, the manufacturing suite was made available in the EMEA region. Does anybody know if the suite includes serial/lot tracking? I gad initially looked at Horizons Manufacturing which has the functionality but would want to standardise on Great Plains Manufacturing. Yes, Great Plains Manufacturing includes serial/lot tracking. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "PGW" <PGW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C149FBA1-F5B1-4EF6-9BFA-985DACBA1558@microsoft.com... > Recently, the manufacturing suit...

Windows Embedded Standard OS
Does anyone know if RMS2.0 can run on Windows Embedded Standard OS? On the requirements page on Micorsoft's website, the Embedded OS for Point of Sale is specifically listed, but not Embedded Standard. I was able to install and Store Operations without any problems, but I'm nervous about running into compatibility problems down the line. ...

Call cost per minute problem
Morning all I'm sure there's a simple answer to this but I haven't found it yet. I have a column (A) of "Total minutes" in time format "hh:mm:ss" and "cost per minute" column (C) in currency format e.g. �0.30. All I wan to do is multiply the two to arrive at the total cost for the total tim (column B) Where A2 = "02:03:04" and C2 = "�0.10", I tried A2*60*C2, which wa something I saw on another thread, and got �0.51 in B2 which clearl isn't correct (if only it were...!). No doubt I'm missing somethin fundamental so if ...

list of standard categories
Is there an available written list of the MS standard categories/sub categories that are populated when one clicks "restore standard categories" under the tool-->options menu? Along these lines, has this list of standard categories/sub categories changed from, let's say, version 2000 forward? Thanks, Bob Answer to Q1: not that I'm aware of. Create a new file. That'll tell you. Q2: M2K-M04 didn't change the list to my knowledge. M05 changed the list significantly--eliminating many subcategories. M05 also changed at least two categories that might be in upgrade ...

Make all modules available in GP Standard
Make all modules available in GP Standard as they are in SL Standard. We're not competitive with SL now, nor are we competitive with MAS-200 or MAS-500 in price and module functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Bus...

Shop Cost different from HQ Cost
We are using MS RMS at 14 stores and have an HQ database where item details are maintained. We use the Cost Update Worksheet to update item costs at the stores. The worksheet is reported as having processed successfully. However half the stores are showing the old cost and half showing the new cost (as reported in the ITEMDYNAMIC table through the "snapshot"). What might cause different stores to have different costs? (The item ID's are all okay so there appears to be no database integrity issue) Thanks in advance, Dave Dave, The first thing I do anymore when having issues...

Editing Standard CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi I am keen to know if i can edit the inbuilt crm reports. i can find the rdl files but not the sln files so they can be edited in visual studio 2005. can someone please advise me how to go about this? regards Ridhima Hi Ridhima, Yes, the inbuilt CRM reports are available for customization. You need to export the report file. The reports of CRM are built using SRS Reporting services. So once you have the .rdl files with you can create a new Business Intelligence Report project and add the .rdl to the project. You can now customize it. Also if you want you can open the .rdl file in ...

Reworks in manufacturing
We produce ovens that are serialized. Some models can be converted to a different model number. I've set up configured BOMs to do this. The configured BOM contains the starting oven item that will be re-worked and includes the new parts that will be used as well as the parts that will be salvaged, new packing material, etc. A quick MO is then entered to reflect the rework and to 'consume' the starting oven. On this quick MO the required quantity defaults properly for all items listed on the BOM, however the actual quantity for the serialized oven being reworked defaults...

erwin model for manufacturing?
Hi, I'm looking through the SDK stuff for GP 7.5. There are nice pdf drawings for many areas, but I cannot find one for manufacturing. Does anyone know if one exists, and if so where I can find it? Much appreciated, -Nick Nick, There isn't an erwin diagram for the manufacturing data-model. Is there a particular module within manufacturing where table relations are needed? Thanks, RW -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C120FBDE-6752-4AC5-8DDF-3E56E...