Manual Checks

Does Great Plains offer a Manual Check Option in which I can enter manual
transactions?
0
JROgle (20)

Yes, In payroll, bank rec, and payables.

"JR Ogle" <JROgle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Great Plains offer a Manual Check Option in which I can enter manual
> transactions?

In AP you use the Trx - Pur - Trx entry
Fill in the check amount in the lower right hand side.
You can then optionally print the check on the fly. If the check was already
issued no need to print.
If you are trying to mark an AP voucher as paid with a wire or a hand
written check use the Trx - Purchasing - Manual  and record the check there.

"JR Ogle" wrote:

> Does Great Plains offer a Manual Check Option in which I can enter manual
> transactions?
I appreciate the answers, but I was not specific enough, What we don't
understand is how to write a check for an employee in which we have "Grossed
Up" his pay and his taxes
(such as his state tax) are different than what they would be in a regular
payroll. If you can make the entries in the "Manual Check" , why can't we
produce a check with a dollar amount?

This issue is holding up pay to two of our employees.

"Guy Caron GPC Systems, Inc." wrote:

> In AP you use the Trx - Pur - Trx entry
> Fill in the check amount in the lower right hand side.
> You can then optionally print the check on the fly. If the check was already
> issued no need to print.
> If you are trying to mark an AP voucher as paid with a wire or a hand
> written check use the Trx - Purchasing - Manual  and record the check there.
>
> "JR Ogle" wrote:
>
> > Does Great Plains offer a Manual Check Option in which I can enter manual
> > transactions?
0
JROgle (20)
4/9/2007 6:08:06 PM
AI need a little more information.

IS the payroll run already processed?
IF yes
Manual checks are used to
1.Make corrections if you do not keep history and you need to void a check
and because you do not keep history you can not use the void check option
2.Record a check written by hand that subsequently needs to be record in the
payroll system. You need to record each part of the check in the transactions
button, such as Pay, state, federal etc... to come up with the net amount. If
the net amount is zero then it will not affect the check book

if No
Then you should adjust the deductions or state within the employee record
Cards, Payroll, Employee go to the state deduction and fill in the
additional state withholding.
Then recalculate the checks.

Let me know if neither of these situations apply?

Guy
"JR Ogle" wrote:

> I appreciate the answers, but I was not specific enough, What we don't
> understand is how to write a check for an employee in which we have "Grossed
> Up" his pay and his taxes
> (such as his state tax) are different than what they would be in a regular
> payroll. If you can make the entries in the "Manual Check" , why can't we
> produce a check with a dollar amount?
>
> This issue is holding up pay to two of our employees.
>

> "Guy Caron GPC Systems, Inc." wrote:
>
> > In AP you use the Trx - Pur - Trx entry
> > Fill in the check amount in the lower right hand side.
> > You can then optionally print the check on the fly. If the check was already
> > issued no need to print.
> > If you are trying to mark an AP voucher as paid with a wire or a hand
> > written check use the Trx - Purchasing - Manual  and record the check there.
> >
> > "JR Ogle" wrote:
> >
> > > Does Great Plains offer a Manual Check Option in which I can enter manual
> > > transactions?
This is outside a normal payroll run. If I understand what you are telling
me, there isnt a way to print a manual check. I understand it can be done via
AP but it would be nice to be able to print a payroll check with specific
federal,state and local taxes .

"Guy Caron GPC Systems, Inc." wrote:

> AI need a little more information.
>
> IS the payroll run already processed?
> IF yes
> Manual checks are used to
> 1.Make corrections if you do not keep history and you need to void a check
> and because you do not keep history you can not use the void check option
> 2.Record a check written by hand that subsequently needs to be record in the
> payroll system. You need to record each part of the check in the transactions
> button, such as Pay, state, federal etc... to come up with the net amount. If
> the net amount is zero then it will not affect the check book
>
> if No
> Then you should adjust the deductions or state within the employee record
> Cards, Payroll, Employee go to the state deduction and fill in the
> additional state withholding.
> Then recalculate the checks.
>
> Let me know if neither of these situations apply?
>
> Guy
> "JR Ogle" wrote:
>
> > I appreciate the answers, but I was not specific enough, What we don't
> > understand is how to write a check for an employee in which we have "Grossed
> > Up" his pay and his taxes
> > (such as his state tax) are different than what they would be in a regular
> > payroll. If you can make the entries in the "Manual Check" , why can't we
> > produce a check with a dollar amount?
> >
> > This issue is holding up pay to two of our employees.
> >

> > "Guy Caron GPC Systems, Inc." wrote:
> >
> > > In AP you use the Trx - Pur - Trx entry
> > > Fill in the check amount in the lower right hand side.
> > > You can then optionally print the check on the fly. If the check was already
> > > issued no need to print.
> > > If you are trying to mark an AP voucher as paid with a wire or a hand
> > > written check use the Trx - Purchasing - Manual  and record the check there.

0
JROgle (20)
4/12/2007 12:16:02 PM
Is the employee salaried or hourly?
My preference would be to adjust the cards for the employee or issue a bonus
and let the system calculate the payroll check. If the intent is to deduct an
additional $500 in state taxes then do so in the cards - payroll - employee -
state and add the additional withholding there. You obviously must give him
an earning of some kind  (bonus or something else to be able to deduct and
make the check as close as you can to zero.)

Why not deduct additional money for state in his/her next paycheck or am I
misunderstanding something. Feel feel to e-mail or call me
guy.caron@gpcsystems.com or 703 930 7585

"JR Ogle" wrote:

> This is outside a normal payroll run. If I understand what you are telling
> me, there isnt a way to print a manual check. I understand it can be done via
> AP but it would be nice to be able to print a payroll check with specific
> federal,state and local taxes .
>
> "Guy Caron GPC Systems, Inc." wrote:
>
> > AI need a little more information.
> >
> > IS the payroll run already processed?
> > IF yes
> > Manual checks are used to
> > 1.Make corrections if you do not keep history and you need to void a check
> > and because you do not keep history you can not use the void check option
> > 2.Record a check written by hand that subsequently needs to be record in the
> > payroll system. You need to record each part of the check in the transactions
> > button, such as Pay, state, federal etc... to come up with the net amount. If
> > the net amount is zero then it will not affect the check book
> >
> > if No
> > Then you should adjust the deductions or state within the employee record
> > Cards, Payroll, Employee go to the state deduction and fill in the
> > additional state withholding.
> > Then recalculate the checks.
> >
> > Let me know if neither of these situations apply?
> >
> > Guy
> > "JR Ogle" wrote:
> >
> > > I appreciate the answers, but I was not specific enough, What we don't
> > > understand is how to write a check for an employee in which we have "Grossed
> > > Up" his pay and his taxes
> > > (such as his state tax) are different than what they would be in a regular
> > > payroll. If you can make the entries in the "Manual Check" , why can't we
> > > produce a check with a dollar amount?
> > >
> > > This issue is holding up pay to two of our employees.

That is what I needed to find, the additional withholding, could not find how
to do this.  TO give you a little background, we have employees that travel
overseas for extended periods of time. They receive, in addition to their
regular pay, hardship pay. The state of VA wants more of this pay then we had
been taking out so we had to adjust ( gross up ) the amount of pay to get the
correct state withholding.  Thanks for your help.

"Guy Caron GPC Systems, Inc." wrote:

> Is the employee salaried or hourly?
> My preference would be to adjust the cards for the employee or issue a bonus
> and let the system calculate the payroll check. If the intent is to deduct an
> additional $500 in state taxes then do so in the cards - payroll - employee -
> state and add the additional withholding there. You obviously must give him
> an earning of some kind  (bonus or something else to be able to deduct and
> make the check as close as you can to zero.)
>
> Why not deduct additional money for state in his/her next paycheck or am I
> misunderstanding something. Feel feel to e-mail or call me
> guy.caron@gpcsystems.com or 703 930 7585
>
> "JR Ogle" wrote:
>
> > This is outside a normal payroll run. If I understand what you are telling
> > me, there isnt a way to print a manual check. I understand it can be done via
> > AP but it would be nice to be able to print a payroll check with specific
> > federal,state and local taxes .
> >
> > "Guy Caron GPC Systems, Inc." wrote:
> >
> > > AI need a little more information.
> > >
> > > IS the payroll run already processed?
> > > IF yes
> > > Manual checks are used to
> > > 1.Make corrections if you do not keep history and you need to void a check
> > > and because you do not keep history you can not use the void check option
> > > 2.Record a check written by hand that subsequently needs to be record in the
> > > payroll system. You need to record each part of the check in the transactions
> > > button, such as Pay, state, federal etc... to come up with the net amount. If
> > > the net amount is zero then it will not affect the check book
> > >
> > > if No
> > > Then you should adjust the deductions or state within the employee record
> > > Cards, Payroll, Employee go to the state deduction and fill in the
> > > additional state withholding.
> > > Then recalculate the checks.
> > >
> > > Let me know if neither of these situations apply?
> > >
> > > Guy

0
JROgle (20)

Checking Mailboxes #2
Recently moved from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003. Under 5.5 we could log into a workstation as Administrator and then we could reconfigure outlook to any user. We need to do this to be able to check for e-mails when people are not in - we could blank the password and log in that way but it would mean phone calls when the user comes back in and their password is not recognised. I cant seem to be able to check boxes now... any suggestions as to the best way to do it?? at the moment I am blanking out the password so i can log in as them but it is causing me more propblems!!! ...

Manual backup of exchange.
I am having VSS errors while trying to backup my database. What ever backup app I use, shows a successful backup. However the eventviewer in exchange is telling me the backup failed. Right now my biggest concern is making sure I have a good backup. I plan on addressing the vss issue this weekend. for now, How do I make a manual backup? Do I stop the information store and manually copy the database and logs? What specifically do I need to copy? Any help is appreciated. I forgot to mention that its exchange 2007, Server 2008. "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>...

Disk Check 07-08-10
Cannot complete Disk Check from my computer > C: > properties > tools > check disk > scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. Please help ! -- TM On 07/08/2010 04:14 AM, Tagametre wrote: > Cannot complete Disk Check from my computer> C:> properties> tools> > check disk> scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. Please help ! can't run it on a mounted file system schedule it to run on reboot from the command line chkdsk /f ...

Multi_Column Check Before Update
I have inherited a database and need to mark certain records within the table to indicate the last entry, In excel I would use offsets etc to check for certain values before updating a field, however in Access I am a bit stuck, I have 3 columns, lets call them A, B and C In column A is stored a customer ref number, it is unique to the customer, however it could be entered up to x number of times dependent on the service used on a particular date, In column B I have a numeric, i.e. 1 to x which runs in tandem with the customers current line entry, i.e. 1st customer entr...

How do I manually flag to exit Context Sensitive Help mode
I have overridden the OnSysCommand() routine in my dialog class implementation file to catch the SC_CONTEXTHELP message (When the user clicks on the ? button in the title bar). I'm cating this message so that I can bring up my own help dialog that describes the entire dialog instead of making the user click on a dialog item after clicking on the ? button. My problem is that the ? button stays depressed (Indicating it's currently in Context help mode) if for some reason the help dialog doesn't come up. There's got to be some flag that I set to indicate that we're out of cont...

Compatibility Check
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I use an iMac with OSX 10.4.11. I have Office 2008 and have been using it since December 2008 with not problems. Yesterday, it has started to run a compatibility check each time I save a new document. I opened the Word Preferences/Compatibility Check item and unchecked the test button. I never turned it on, so I do not know how it got checked in the first place. I know that I did not check it.. In any case, it still requires a compatibility check each time I try to save a new document (or an older document if U make re...

Is there a PDF manual for 2003
It there a PDF Manual for Publisher 2003? Yvonne Publisher does not create PDF. Therefore, no Manual. If you have a PDF "printer" installed. All that is required is to Print and select the particular pdf printer. Your PDF creation program may have a Manual. For instance the Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional comes with a 23 page "Getting Started" booklet. However, there is an extensive Help menu. The free Win2PDF http://www.win2pdf.com also has reasonable Help menu as does the free PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com "YG" <ygresser2@yahoo.com.au> wrote in...

Run duplicate manually by user
I am using Microsoft crm 4 , I have already crate a role to check duplicate company name between lead and account. Is work properly when I try to save lead but I need to give the user the ability to run it manually. In other words I want to give the user the option to check duplication again before he convert the lead to account. Please help. No you cannot let the user check for duplication while converting a lead. A workaround however, is to let the user convert the lead, and then run duplicate detection on Accounts to check for duplication. "yosi" wrote: > I am using ...

I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003
I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003. Is there one which came with the program? I have not been able to find one. I looked for a *.CHM file but don't know the name of it. A manual would give me the opportunity to learn Outlook from beginning to end. Many thanks. Start with F1 or Help "kboy" <kboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E798FC0-5003-4BA6-A129-AA2769AB6506@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003. Is there one which came with >the > program? I have not been able to find one. I looked for a *.CHM file but >...

POS USER MANUALS #2
Microsoft is not shipping user manuals with MS POS. Could some tell me where to find these user manuals? Thanks CBS I think you need to be a part of the service plan at least to access this, but I have posted a link to the users guide below: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/userguides/ Best of luck! -- Thank You Vince :) "CLBSCOTT@MINDSPRING.COM" wrote: > Microsoft is not shipping user manuals with MS POS. Could some tell me > where to find these user manuals? > Thanks > CBS > > Hi Vince, User manuals for MS POS is not one o...

how can I check if there is text written in a cell?
Hi! I would like to do an evaluation in a cell if there is text written in it, if not it will be a decimal number instead. thanks for answeres! -- hendersson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hendersson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18427 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475325 nevermind, i solved it =) sorry about that. -- hendersson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hendersson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/memb...

Reprint check remittance
Our customers would like to re-print check remittances in Dynamics GP 8.0 and 9.0. Recently, we have had customers call asking to reprint a check remittance. They need to reprint due to printer jams or malfuntions or their vendor losing their remittance copy. Sadly, I respond saying such a functionality doesn't exist in Dynamics. It would cheer my customers up if such a funtionality is developed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" butt...

manuals
Where can I get or download manuals for Word and Excel for OSX? Hi The manual is a pdf file on the install CD. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <17af01c3a8a2$0e3d42d0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "fjleicht" <fjleicht@aol.com> wrote: > > Where can I get or download manuals for Word and Excel for OSX? ...

Check Box on form
I am trying to change the value in a check box using code. The control is a check box named "Order Complete", and is bound to a field in a table, also named "Order Complete", with a field type of yes/no. The control is enabled, and not locked, and may be changed by clicking in it. The code is triggered by the "on close" event. On close of the form, I would like the value of the underlying field to become "yes". The code I am using to do this is as follows: Me.Order_Complete = True When the code runs, it gives an error message: r...

Auto- or Manual- Archive from IMAP to the Archive Folders doesn't work?
Hello, We have one user using Outlook 2007 who's connected to our corporate mailserver via IMAP. Globally, he's configured the autoarchive to run every day and run on messages older than Jan 15 in the Inbox and Sent Items. He has plenty of such messages. He's using the "default archive settings" at individual folder level. When he clicks on File - Archive to run it manually, it briefly says "archiving" in the corner, then stops. No messages at all appear in the Archive Folders. Running it automatically produces the same result. I changed the IMAP settings to ...

Enterprise Project Manual
Can you recommend a good instruction manual for Enterprise Project 2007 that provides instruction from new users to advanced Users? -- GDD Hello Gary D, See: http://projectserverbooks.com/books/index.aspx written by Dale Howard and Gary Chefetz -- two of the absolute best in the field. (And no, I do not work for them :-) I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project On 2/17/2010 8:22 AM, Gary D wrote: > Can you recommend a good instruction m...

Hurry Up, Free Check Of $327 With Your Name.
Hurry Up, Free Check Of $327 With Your Name. Quickly open below website and click any one of the Red Color Text in the website and enter your payeename and address where to get your check. The secret website link is http://googleadsense-toppayingkeywords.blogspot.com/ ...

how do i enter old loan payments into check register
Hello all, I'm using Microsoft Money 2005, and I'm having trouble hooking up a loan account to my check register. I am a little behind on my financials, and I am trying to set up a fixed 30 year loan account that began on 12/1/2005. I would like it to record all of the transaction details (pricipal, interest, etc.), and I would like all of the payments to entered in my checking account as transfers. I have set the loan up properly. The last screen of the loan creation wizard asked me if I wanted to set up scheduled payments, but it wouldn't let me specify a date before...

Mistakingly downloaded checking acct. info. into savings acct.!!!!
I believe this is the same if not very similar ? that "grod" (user), asked back on 6/04, of which I do not see an answer to, from any MVP, please help us, I have the same issue. -- Gio G. Depending on what type of statement, this is a problem. The easiest solution is to disable online banking and set it up again. Make sure that you have no pending payments or APays. -- "Gio Gauna" <GioGauna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE05E811-1C1C-4A39-8DB9-D59DC5CEA1F9@microsoft.com... >I believe this is the same if not very similar ? that "gr...

Problems manually creating a CHeaderCtrl in a custom control (derived from CWnd)
Hi, i'm trying to write a custom ListCtrl syle control with an integrated CHeaderCtrl but i'm running into some initialisation problems. My control is derived from CWnd like this: class CScrollCtrl : public CWnd { private: CHeaderCtrl m_HeaderCtrl; .... }; then i initialise the header-control like this: CScrollCtrl::PreSubclassWindow() { CWnd::PresubclassWindow(); ... m_HeaderCtrl.Create(...., this, .....); .... } I'm testing this control in a dialog-based test application with one instance created by placing a custom-control in the MFC dialog editor and...

Checking for Dupes
I am entering data to column B, a 5-digit number. Is there a formula that I can put in column D that will tell me if the number is a duplicate. The numbers batch numbers from the accounting system. There should be only one. But since I am entering the batchs with them unsorted, I was curious if a formula could check. TK TK, someone will no doubt post a formula I would imagine. I might mention that the ASAP Utility that is free to download has a "count duplicates in selection" where it will color code any dupes. It is under the ASAP "Information" heading. Google f...

Need Help in Balancing Checking Account
Somehow, someway, my Money 2k3 D&B balance for my checking account balancing doesn't match my statement. The only thing I can think of is tech "support" at Dell had me "restore" my system settings to a previous date because my CD drive wouldn't work. Of course, they promised me I wouldn't lose any data. So, any ideas on how to fix this? It keeps wanting to post a $200- $400 discrepancy amount somewhere. Help! ...

Option to key in the account manually in Requisition's Add Item wi
This is a customer suggestion from Convergence. Customer would like to be able to have the option to key in the account manually in Requisition's Add Item window. 1. User has editable access to Account field on Add Item page 2. User accesses Add Item page: BP>Employee>Purchase Requests>New Request>New Item 3. User attempts to manual enter Account number, not using the lookup. ISSUE: Currently, this is a non-editable field; forcing the customer to use the account lookup. 3/15/2005 10:45 AM Edited by mfitzl For further inquiry- Customer Information: Michael P. Brow...

Manually removing an Exchange 2K Installation
I have two mailboxes in a Mailstore that will not delete or move. I need to remove this Exchange Server from my organization, and I've read the XADM article on how to manually remove it. (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260378) The editing of registry keys and the warning that states I may need to reinstall Windows and Exchange in my organization if something is modified incorrectly frightens me. Is there any way around this? Anyway to get rid of these mailboxes that will not remove themselves? Please tell me there is another way! Thanks! Doreen ...

manual
Hello all, Is there a file I can print out to get a manual for 2006? I would rather have the printed text on the table in front of me while trying to figure something out rather then have a help box sitting on top of what it is I'm trying to do. Or is it just online help? Thanks much for your response. Ken It is just on-line I am afraid on the grounds that it can be kept up to date! Nobody has yet reported finding an update but maybe that is just my cynicism breaking out! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/defa...