Management Reporter Default Dates

I set up reports using the MR Report Wizard - so you would think they would
work, however when I try to generate the report, I get an error message in
the Report Queue Status Messages: ReportProcessor.InvalidPeriodForCompany.

Some information:  Since this is test data for Gp2010 Fabrikam, the system
date in Gp is 4/12/2010.  If I set the Base Year to 2017 and choose Base
Period as 3, we know that Fabrikam has data in March 2017.  The Current base
period is set to CUR.  I would think I should get information based on this
but I still get that error.

If I try to change the Default Base Period to C-1, C-2, C+1 or Enter
Specific Period, it states that any of those choices are not a valid defalut
base period for the company and the default base period has been changed to
CUR.    No matter what default base period it is SYS, etc. it won't get past
the error message in the Queue.

Can anyone confirm - when it refers to the period for the company that it is
looking back to Fabriakam?  If so, then yes the fiscal periods are set up in
Fabrikam for 2017.

Also is the MR system date referring to the GP Fabrikam system date or the
computer workstation system date?

I am at a loss and can't find any blogs on the topic of MR default periods
and invalidperiodforcompany error messages.

Can anyone shed some light?

The Default dates do not refer to any company they are in relation to your computer system date.

The error" ReportProcessor.InvalidPeriodForCompany" means that a period needs to be open in the particular open fiscal year you are referencing in your report.

I got the error when I set up a new company with the fiscal year but all the periods were closed. Even though that company was not refrenced in the report it was part of the reporting tree. The error went away the moment I opened one period in the fiscal year.

I hope this helps.

> On Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:12 PM Jean wrote:

> I set up reports using the MR Report Wizard - so you would think they would
> work, however when I try to generate the report, I get an error message in
> the Report Queue Status Messages: ReportProcessor.InvalidPeriodForCompany.
>
> Some information:  Since this is test data for Gp2010 Fabrikam, the system
> date in Gp is 4/12/2010.  If I set the Base Year to 2017 and choose Base
> Period as 3, we know that Fabrikam has data in March 2017.  The Current base
> period is set to CUR.  I would think I should get information based on this
> but I still get that error.
>
> If I try to change the Default Base Period to C-1, C-2, C+1 or Enter
> Specific Period, it states that any of those choices are not a valid defalut
> base period for the company and the default base period has been changed to
> CUR.    No matter what default base period it is SYS, etc. it will not get past
> the error message in the Queue.
>
> Can anyone confirm - when it refers to the period for the company that it is
> looking back to Fabriakam?  If so, then yes the fiscal periods are set up in
> Fabrikam for 2017.
>
> Also is the MR system date referring to the GP Fabrikam system date or the
> computer workstation system date?
>
> I am at a loss and cannot find any blogs on the topic of MR default periods
> and invalidperiodforcompany error messages.
>
> Can anyone shed some light?

0
msingh1 (1)

How do I change dates on an inserted calendar in Publisher?
Publisher 2003 had an easy way to just change the month on an already formatted calendar. How do I do this in Publisher 2007? New, on the Format Publication task pane, click Apply a Template. Select calendars. All your choices are on the right. You may have to scroll down to see the "Set Calendar Dates...". -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RonMGEe" <RonMGEe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC47AF6D-715E-4ABD-9752-05D634FD9C69@microsoft.com... > Publisher 2003 had an eas...

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Counting against a date
Hi I want to count the rows in a range 'Tests 1' AF3:AF1000=YES if the date in the range 'Tests 1' AD3:AD1000 is (<=) less than or equal to the date in B14 (current sheet) using the following formula: =IF($B14="","",(SUMPRODUCT(('Tests 1'!$AF$3:$AF$1000=YES)*('Tests 1'!AD$3:$AD1000<=$B14)))) unfortunately this returns an #N/A error I'm clearly missing something here so any tips or pointers would be appreciated. -- Steve Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, th...

where is default font
I would like to change the font and set it to default. I followed the instructions in help, it stated to select what options I wanted and click default, but their is no default button on that screen? I have M/S offie 2003 -- Thank-you Carl R Default font for what? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Carl R asked: | I would like to change the font and set it to default. I followed | the instructions in he...

Money 2002 Monthly Reports
I am running win xp, money 2002 and whenever I go to run a monthly report I get a popup that states Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience. It then has a checked box for Restart Microsoft Money and gives me options to Send Error Report or Don't Send. I have already tried the -s trick but still have the problem. Thanks for the help. Ryan Davis had this problem a couple of times - each event differant issue. First time: I recovered by going to the lastest backup I had available. Second time: I discovered when the report ...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Reporting help #2
Can someone tell me how an email generated through the outlook client is linked to a lead or opportunity. I have an email that was sent via the outlook client that shows in crm on the history tab of a lead, however; when I look at that email in the filteredlead view in the database the regardingobjectid field is blank. How is it being linked back to the lead? Thanks Matt if it is not linked via the regardingobjectid, it is linked via the activityparty table. This is the table where the senders,addressed to, attandees, etc are stored. Good luck, Sander Daudey. -- Message posted usi...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

Can't access CRM home page or reports
When a user trys to access the CRM Home page (http://name_of_crm_server) from IE, the user gets redirected to http://name_of_crm_server/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x80049001 and the following error message "User Access Error - The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the system, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, contact your system administrator." The same thing happens when I try to run reports from Outlook CR...

Date Format #7
I want to display dates in the European format dd/mm/yy. When I enter dates they appear in the American format mm/dd/yy. Format Cells > Date in Excel only gives me the American format. Regional Options in Control Panel are set to English (Ireland) with the date format dd/mm/yy. How can I change the date to European format in EXCEL? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

setting dates in a timeline
I am using Excel 2003. I have created a timeline, and but when I try to format the x-axis for the months and years of my daughter's life, I get her birth year twice, and the final year of the timeline twice. Also- the data appears on the timeline 1 year behind the legend. Can you tell me how to set the formatting to get mm/yy? What does your data look like, and what kind of chart is it? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "suzie marie" <suziemarie@discussions.mi...

Loan Amortization Report?
Hi, I just got Money Deluxe and am playing with it. One of the primary purposes for my purchase was to do a loan amortization report - but when I click on that under reports, I don't get any of the options to create one, etc. Are other people having this problem? Do I have to set something up first to be able to use the report? Thanks, Sara Yes, set up a new loan and you'll be able to use it. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions,...

Report Writer
Hi all, any ideas where to get the list of syntax of all user-defined functions? I'm trying to use RW_Getnote Text and it is so difficult to get the information on how to use it. The help doesn't even mention what parameters are required. Help help! TIA, Sugih Report Writer functions are Dexterity functions starting with RW which have been created by the developer to perform a function not normally available from the Report Writer. They can be added to reports using a Calculated Field as a User Defined function. Starting a with verion 7.0 of Great Plains a suite of Report Wr...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

I need to create a date/time search query but i cant figure it out!
Hi, I have a time-slot grid that I want to be able to click on and have access find out if there are any records based around that slot.. so basically, I have a varDate and a varTime and I need to use a query to query against my databases StartTime, EndTime, and AppDate variables.. in psuedocode i need to find the result of WHERE varDate = AppDate AND (StartTime <= varTime AND EndTime >= varTime) Ive never done a search using dates before. I was wondering if the formatting of the dates is important? I did do a basic query that seem to fail when just searching for dates.. the...

How to NOT enter dates?
Hi, I've just started using Excel for Windows. Initially, it interpreted every value I entered as a date. I then went to format cells and tried everything, "text", "number", various "custom" settings. The only thing that changed was that whole numbers were correctly displayed, but numbers with decimals would come out as this huge number (e.g. I enter 1.25, it comes out as 4938) - which I assume is related to this dates as a sequence business in excel. I just want to enter a column of numbers and add them up... basic, basic, and it's chomped an hour o...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

How can i set default headers and footers?
I am trying to to set to default the headers and footers on all excel sheets to try and save time having to set them up everytime i start a new sheet. How can i do this? Create a workbook that has everything you want to have in each future new workbook. Then save it as "BOOK" to your XLSTART folder, changing the file type to Template (Excel will assign the XLT extension). To have each new inserted worksheet customized create a single sheet workbook and save it as above but with the name SHEET. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mr P Lamphee" <Mr P Lamphee@discussions.micr...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

How do I get running 12 months of data using date filter?
I am using Excel 2007 connected to a SQL DB and use pivot tables for reporting purposes. I have multiple years worth of data that I access, but want to limit my pivot table to display just the last 12 months. I can't seem to find a way to do this, but am sure someone must have solved this problem already. I consider myself pretty Excel savvy, but I'm no programmer so hold the VB please. Thansk! Why don't you add a helper column that determines if the data is within the last year. Do something like if(A1 > date(year(Today())-1,month(today()),day(today()...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Generating report by name ID
I am trying to generate reports for each unique Person in my database tables. How can I write a query that produces a report for eahc ID on a separate page without having to write a query for each UserID (my unique identifier)? Table 1: NameID, LastName, FirstName Table 2: NameID, FiscalWeek, Amount Thanks, Mike You can set the sorting and grouping to NameID and update the group header or footer to force a new page before or after. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "michael_quackenbush@yahoo.com" wrote: > I am trying to generate reports for each unique Person in my d...

Report not reporting correctly
Created a report from a Query, the report has all the information, but some of the associations are incorrect. ie. [PO#] in some cases my be with the wrong [Vendor]. all other fields are correct. What could be causing this error and how may I fix it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Thanks Jerry, will be sure to try that "Jerry Whittle" wrote: > The query looks straight forward the best that I can tell. That pretty much > leave bad data entry as the problem. > > Run the report again and jot down the records that seem to be incor...