Management Reporter Default base period

I used the report wizard to generate sample reports for the balance sheet and
income statement in MR using Fabrikam fro Gp 2010 as my database.  The GP
system date is 4/12/2017.

After I buid my reports with the wizard and try to run them, I get the error
message in teh Report Queue Status messages -
ReportProcessor.InvalidPeriodFor Company.

The wizard set the default base period to s-1.  I assume the S = to the
system date on GP2010, not the computer.  I changed it to CUR and it still
won't produce reports for me.

We had difficulties installing MR on this machine in the first place, now
having difficulties with the wizard.  I have created reports with the wizard
in other customer systems but the use of the default base period and the base
period is not clearly explained in the help windows.  Once saved wtih CUR in
the default base period, the next time, it will not allow me to change it to
c-1 c-2, c+1 or enter the period.

Can anyone shed light on this default base period in the report definition?

I am getting this same error. My system date is today's current date. I have no idea why I keep getting this error message. Did you ever figure this out?

Thanks,

Tamra

> On Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:53 PM Jean wrote:

> I used the report wizard to generate sample reports for the balance sheet and
> income statement in MR using Fabrikam fro Gp 2010 as my database.  The GP
> system date is 4/12/2017.
>
> After I buid my reports with the wizard and try to run them, I get the error
> message in teh Report Queue Status messages -
> ReportProcessor.InvalidPeriodFor Company.
>
> The wizard set the default base period to s-1.  I assume the S = to the
> system date on GP2010, not the computer.  I changed it to CUR and it still
> will not produce reports for me.
>
> We had difficulties installing MR on this machine in the first place, now
> having difficulties with the wizard.  I have created reports with the wizard
> in other customer systems but the use of the default base period and the base
> period is not clearly explained in the help windows.  Once saved wtih CUR in
> the default base period, the next time, it will not allow me to change it to
> c-1 c-2, c+1 or enter the period.
>
> Can anyone shed light on this default base period in the report definition?

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

where is default font
I would like to change the font and set it to default. I followed the instructions in help, it stated to select what options I wanted and click default, but their is no default button on that screen? I have M/S offie 2003 -- Thank-you Carl R Default font for what? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Carl R asked: | I would like to change the font and set it to default. I followed | the instructions in he...

Money 2002 Monthly Reports
I am running win xp, money 2002 and whenever I go to run a monthly report I get a popup that states Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience. It then has a checked box for Restart Microsoft Money and gives me options to Send Error Report or Don't Send. I have already tried the -s trick but still have the problem. Thanks for the help. Ryan Davis had this problem a couple of times - each event differant issue. First time: I recovered by going to the lastest backup I had available. Second time: I discovered when the report ...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Reporting help #2
Can someone tell me how an email generated through the outlook client is linked to a lead or opportunity. I have an email that was sent via the outlook client that shows in crm on the history tab of a lead, however; when I look at that email in the filteredlead view in the database the regardingobjectid field is blank. How is it being linked back to the lead? Thanks Matt if it is not linked via the regardingobjectid, it is linked via the activityparty table. This is the table where the senders,addressed to, attandees, etc are stored. Good luck, Sander Daudey. -- Message posted usi...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

Can't access CRM home page or reports
When a user trys to access the CRM Home page (http://name_of_crm_server) from IE, the user gets redirected to http://name_of_crm_server/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x80049001 and the following error message "User Access Error - The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the system, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, contact your system administrator." The same thing happens when I try to run reports from Outlook CR...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

Loan Amortization Report?
Hi, I just got Money Deluxe and am playing with it. One of the primary purposes for my purchase was to do a loan amortization report - but when I click on that under reports, I don't get any of the options to create one, etc. Are other people having this problem? Do I have to set something up first to be able to use the report? Thanks, Sara Yes, set up a new loan and you'll be able to use it. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions,...

Report Writer
Hi all, any ideas where to get the list of syntax of all user-defined functions? I'm trying to use RW_Getnote Text and it is so difficult to get the information on how to use it. The help doesn't even mention what parameters are required. Help help! TIA, Sugih Report Writer functions are Dexterity functions starting with RW which have been created by the developer to perform a function not normally available from the Report Writer. They can be added to reports using a Calculated Field as a User Defined function. Starting a with verion 7.0 of Great Plains a suite of Report Wr...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

How can i set default headers and footers?
I am trying to to set to default the headers and footers on all excel sheets to try and save time having to set them up everytime i start a new sheet. How can i do this? Create a workbook that has everything you want to have in each future new workbook. Then save it as "BOOK" to your XLSTART folder, changing the file type to Template (Excel will assign the XLT extension). To have each new inserted worksheet customized create a single sheet workbook and save it as above but with the name SHEET. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mr P Lamphee" <Mr P Lamphee@discussions.micr...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Generating report by name ID
I am trying to generate reports for each unique Person in my database tables. How can I write a query that produces a report for eahc ID on a separate page without having to write a query for each UserID (my unique identifier)? Table 1: NameID, LastName, FirstName Table 2: NameID, FiscalWeek, Amount Thanks, Mike You can set the sorting and grouping to NameID and update the group header or footer to force a new page before or after. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "michael_quackenbush@yahoo.com" wrote: > I am trying to generate reports for each unique Person in my d...

Report not reporting correctly
Created a report from a Query, the report has all the information, but some of the associations are incorrect. ie. [PO#] in some cases my be with the wrong [Vendor]. all other fields are correct. What could be causing this error and how may I fix it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Thanks Jerry, will be sure to try that "Jerry Whittle" wrote: > The query looks straight forward the best that I can tell. That pretty much > leave bad data entry as the problem. > > Run the report again and jot down the records that seem to be incor...

Detailed Sales Report using Report writer
Hi i am trying to prepare a Detailed Sales Report using Report writer with the following Detailes(Sales Person ID, Doc No, Date, Customer name, Item Number, Amount) and perform some calculations upon those those reports i would like to get and information if any one has done such a report ...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

Linking linked sub reports to a linked Report
I have a report, report A, located in folder A location. I have a linked report of Report A, located in folder B location. I have a sub report, sub report A, located in folder A location. I have a linked sub report of sub report A, located in folder location b. Linked Report A works to an extent when its in Location B, but all of its sub reports are not working. (Error: Subreport could not be shown.) When you go into sub report A in location B and run it as a "report" and it works just fine, so the report works, it just doesn't like being a linked sub report ...

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

Stapling Reports
Hi, Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer driver? Regards Bj=F8rn A bit printer-specific, no? Most printers don't even do stapling. "Bj�rn" <bjornsuneandersen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185866091.590436.146060@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Hi, Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer driver? Regards Bj�rn As Baz points out, stapling is a function of the printer....

field based on field
I feel like I've asked this before. How do I make a field based on another field in the same query? exp1=a+b exp2=val(expr1) How do I write expr2? Kou On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:01:02 -0800, Kou Vang wrote: > I feel like I've asked this before. How do I make a field based on another > field in the same query? > > exp1=a+b > > exp2=val(expr1) > > How do I write expr2? > > Kou Your above question can have more than one result depending upon field datatype and what you mean by using the "+". Did you want to concatenate or add? Since your...

CRM 1.2 Reporting Tools Hell
Hi We have installed Crystal Reports 9.2.2 on CRM 1.2. We worked fine for a couple of reports but then we received a memory instruction error. We checked many similar problems posted on Google and opther sites and it seems there is no solution As CRM 3.0 will use SQL Reporting Tools we decided to start using this tool with CRM 1.2. We Installed SQL Reporting Services as an alternative, but when the IIS web directory is activated CRM is giving an error. When we stop the SQL Web site CRM works fine This is frustrating ... Please advise -- Microsoft Navision Developer / Consultant Di...