Managed Newsgroups - no response

Could someone please explain how the Managed Newsgroups
work?

Our company has the Standard A Plan, which I believe
entitles us to receive an answer within two business days
from a Microsoft Business SOlutions support technician if
we get no response to a questions posted using a managed
user's registered email.

Our maintenance plan does not expire until 12/12/05 and I
just checked to make certain that I my email was listed
as a registered user and that I had used it when I posted
my questions.

However, on March 30 I had posted a question and have not
received any response from anyone. Since I have not
received any response, I do not know if my question was
inappropriate (too complex to be answered in this forum
and an incident is more appropriate - of course which I
would have to purchase), did I simply fall through the
cracks, or are Managed Newsgroups, merely something
devised as a marketing ploy to get people to enroll but
doesn't actually work? (I just received a mailing
yesterday trying to persuade me to upgrade to Standard B
in which Managed Newsgroups were once again heralded as a
benefit.)

If the question is too complex for this forum or not
clear enough to get an answer, do you at least get a
response from MBS letting you know what the problem is?

Tanks for your help.

I think you have to put your email address in two places,
check the email address umder My Account, Products ...,
look for the link in the middle of the screen.

We had the same problem and after entering the email
there (and waiting 48 hours) it appeared to work.

0
anonymous (74721)
4/7/2005 7:34:53 PM
In article <119c01c53b94$f96101d0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, djohnson@pshinc.com
says...
> Could someone please explain how the Managed Newsgroups
> work?
>
> Our company has the Standard A Plan, which I believe
> entitles us to receive an answer within two business days
> from a Microsoft Business SOlutions support technician if
> we get no response to a questions posted using a managed
> user's registered email.
>
> Our maintenance plan does not expire until 12/12/05 and I
> just checked to make certain that I my email was listed
> as a registered user and that I had used it when I posted
> my questions.
>
> However, on March 30 I had posted a question and have not
> received any response from anyone. Since I have not
> received any response, I do not know if my question was
> inappropriate (too complex to be answered in this forum
> and an incident is more appropriate - of course which I
> would have to purchase), did I simply fall through the
> cracks, or are Managed Newsgroups, merely something
> devised as a marketing ploy to get people to enroll but
> doesn't actually work? (I just received a mailing
> yesterday trying to persuade me to upgrade to Standard B
> in which Managed Newsgroups were once again heralded as a
> benefit.)
>
> If the question is too complex for this forum or not
> clear enough to get an answer, do you at least get a
> response from MBS letting you know what the problem is?
>
> Tanks for your help.

Perhaps they just lost your post in the huge influx of product
enhancement requests that now clog this forum!!!!

Lyle
0
someone798 (944)
4/8/2005 3:40:37 AM
Don

Where are you posting your question?  This public newsgroup is not the
managed newsgroup.

try https://mbs.microsoft.com/partner/newsgroup.aspx?id=managed_greatplains

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Don Johnson" wrote:

> Could someone please explain how the Managed Newsgroups
> work?
>
> Our company has the Standard A Plan, which I believe
> entitles us to receive an answer within two business days
> from a Microsoft Business SOlutions support technician if
> we get no response to a questions posted using a managed
> user's registered email.
>
> Our maintenance plan does not expire until 12/12/05 and I
> just checked to make certain that I my email was listed
> as a registered user and that I had used it when I posted
> my questions.
>
> However, on March 30 I had posted a question and have not
> received any response from anyone. Since I have not
> received any response, I do not know if my question was
> inappropriate (too complex to be answered in this forum
> and an incident is more appropriate - of course which I
> would have to purchase), did I simply fall through the
> cracks, or are Managed Newsgroups, merely something
> devised as a marketing ploy to get people to enroll but
> doesn't actually work? (I just received a mailing
> yesterday trying to persuade me to upgrade to Standard B
> in which Managed Newsgroups were once again heralded as a
> benefit.)
>
> If the question is too complex for this forum or not
> clear enough to get an answer, do you at least get a
> response from MBS letting you know what the problem is?
>
> Tanks for your help.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
4/8/2005 4:09:01 AM
Dear Sir or Madam:

Thanks you for your suggestion. I did go to
CustomerSource > My Account > Account Information >
Product and Service Summary > Managed Newsgroup User
Maintenance and saw that the email address I was using in
my posting was listed and the "Managed Users" box was
checked.

Any other thoughts?

Don Johnson

Dear Mr. Musgrave:

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately I cannot try
the link you provided because I am a customer, not a
partner.

I guess I do not know where the Managed Newsgroup is or
how to access it.

When I go to Community and Events > Discussions, I see
only three headings. The first, "Private:, says it is
being discontinued 4/20/04. The second, "Public" shows
only one listing - "Great Plains". The third, "Archived
Discussions", shows as read only. As you mentioned I am
going to the second listing, "Public" and clicking "Great
Plains".

I did a search on "Managed Newsgroups" in CustomerSource
and found an article titled "Newsgroups: Connect to
Hundres of Other Users!" posted 8/3/2004. For Managed
Newsgroups, it says, "If you are enrolled in the Standard
A, Standard B, or Software Assurance service plans, you
receive a benefit called Managed Newsgroups. With this
feature, you can access the Public Newsgroups described
above and receive the added benefit of having Microsoft
Business Solutions Support Engineers monitor the issues
posted and provide responses to standard product
questions, if a response has not been provided by
newsgroup participants within two business days."

This seems to imply that the Public Newsgroup is the
Managed Newsgroup for registered individuals. I have
checked and I am registered as a Managed Newsgroup User.

So where should I go to access Managed Newsgroups?

Thanks for your help.

Don Johnson

THanks for your suggestion. I will try reposting my
question and see if I get any response this time.

Don Johnson

How Dexterity interacts with source-safe manager
I want to know how would Dexterity 80 interact with any source safe product. -- avalara Tech. It doesn't. It only interacts with Microsoft VSS natively. Or you can write the files to a folder on your HD. From there, you can of course check them into any source safe product of your choice but that would be a manual process. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Animesh Gupta" <animesh1001@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38AA85C3-06A0-455F-B300-1D1DF0A9838D@microsoft.com... > I w...

How to use Report Manager to print a series of worksheets?
I used to use Report Manager to print a series of worksheets or worksheet views which I found very helpful. But I can't now find this tool amongst Excel 2003 software. Can anyone help please See if this doesn't help you out some: instructions on where to get it an install it -- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873209 "Davidhg" wrote: > I used to use Report Manager to print a series of worksheets or worksheet > views which I found very helpful. But I can't now find this tool amongst > Excel 2003 software. Can anyone help please ...

This newsgroup
This newsgroup will be gone as of tomorrow night. About time that the idiots that are here is gone with it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. http://www.microsoft.com/protect Peter Foldes wrote: > This newsgroup will be gone as of tomorrow night. About time that the idiots that > are here is gone with it To bad, Peter. This newsgroup will still be here in *Usenet* after tomorrow. ...

Newsgroups #11
How do you expand the names in the list in the Newsgroup subscription list, i.e., I can only see..microsoft.public.win.................. Thank you. Paula ...

Managing Payee Names in Money Home & Bus 2007
I have tried all the help suggestions regarding managing payees in MM, yet I still have a huge list of duplicate "similar" names. I bank at a credit union that does not connect automatically--I have to do a download, so I'm not sure if that is part of the problem. I have a long list of excluded names, but my bank puts transaction numbers or dates on many of my check card purchases. MM is not automatically changing the name for me. Here is an example: "CHK PUR" is at the beginning of all my debit card purchases, and MM won't change the name, so I end up wit...

Outlook Express Newsgroup
I sent a question earlier about Outlook Express and was told to go to an Outlook Express Newsgroup. I don't see one. Can you tell me where it can be found? Thanks, Sandy M microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sandy M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:232101c49a9f$b5772b20$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I sent a question earlier about Outlook Expres...

Office 2003 Outlook does not have newsgroups feature
Hi I've install Office 2003 with Outlook. I found that Outlook does have have newsgroups feature. Is it true? Regards Robin It never has. It still calls OE in news only mode, just as all other version of Outlook do. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "robin" <wee789@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtWFHO$PEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I've install Office 2003 with Outlook. I found that Outlook does have have > newsgroups feature. Is it true? > > Regards > Robin > > Which means I can only use Outlook Express for newsgroups...

Programmatically access a specific process in Task Manager?
Is there some way to open up the task manager to a specific application? I need to programmatically adjust a particular application priority and affinity. I can do it with a script if that application can be programmatically highlighted when task manager is opened. The problem is trying to get that application highlighted. My current method is to arrange by memory usage and move to the top of the list, since the application uses a lot of memory. But it does not always use the most memory. I could move to the top of the list and then press the first letter (key) of that applica...

Visio Partner Webcast Series
Understanding the impact of new applications and hardware updates on today's complex networks is an important part of IT & Network Management. July's Visio partner webcast features two partners with IT & Network Management solutions that incorporate the power of Visio into their solutions to help keep business networks performing optimally. Join us on Tuesday, July 18th at 9am PST for this informative webcast on IT & Network Management Solutions. Partner Profiles Sysoft (www.sysoft-fr.com) Sysoft provides Amarco, a solution for Enterprise Architecture analysis and visua...

Serial number within Integration Manager and seperate fulfillment
Hi I am have a bit of trouble with serial numbers and Integration manager. We are currently using seperate fulfillment process in the SOP system. Therefore when we us integration manager to create a SOP document we do not know which serial number we will be using. I am getting the following warning message. DOC 1 WARNING: The selected serial number quantity does not equal the extended quantity for item 'ADAP-BAXT-PRIZ-010'. The SOP document is being created but the line is not being added to it. We are currently using GP ver 7.5. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to...

E-mail response
Is it possible to have replies automatically put at the bottom of an e-mail. The purpose would be to have replies in chronilogical order. i.e. I receive an e-mail and my response would be forced at the end and so on. Thanks D "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D7909E0-FA76-41C3-AC8D-49B831996995@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have replies automatically put at the bottom of an e-mail. > The purpose would be to have replies in chronilogical order. i.e. I receive > an e-mail and my response would be forced at the end and so ...

Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager and ActiveSync
It does not appear that ActiveSync can syncronize the contacts in the Contact Manager with my Pocket PC device. (The normal contacts seems to work fine.) Is there a patch anyone knows of? AS only works on the contacts in the default folder - you'll need to use a different sync program if you need the BCM contacts synced. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for ...

Project Accounting Timesheet Integration using Int Manager
I am trying to import timesheets into Great Plains using Integration Manager. I only have the following data: Employee ID, Project ID, Cost Category ID, Date and Hours. I want to use the default values for the rest. I thought that this should be enough to get the transactions in but Integration manager is erroring out. It needs the total hours on the header. The system should be able to calculate the total hours on the header automatically. When I dont enter the total hours on the header when manually entering the timesheet, why is the Integration Manager expecting this value. Also, I ...

What is the best way to set up an auto response
What is the best way to set up an autoresponse without using the Out o Office reply? Does this need to be set on the client or Microsof Exchange server? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com thanks a lot for responding....du ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com Hey, this is a peer-to-peer forum...you get what...

CRM Project & Resource Management
Is there, or when will there be, a software version released that includes project management and resource management functionality? Also wondering what advantages MSCRM would have over GroupForce for a larger implementation that covers 70 different locations with varying stovepiped legacy systems and requirements to integrate with. No indication has ever come out from Microsoft that there will be a project management and resource management functionality included in future releases of Microsoft CRM. Sal www.focusonyourcustomer.com "Cara" <carakresge@aol.com> wrote in me...

Outllook 2003 remains open in task manager
Running XP Pro, sp2, Office, sp1. After closing Outlook, and upon checking the Task Manager, Outlook is still active under the User Name column. Sometimes multiple Outlooks after all have been closed, seem to still be running. Any idea of what's wrong? This has happened utilizing Norton AV as well as ZoneAlarm's virus program. Thanks in advance. Buck Something that uses outlook's data is keeping it open. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visua...

cant access live email tech support non responsive 4th day
my password wont work now im locked out i need some help MICROSOFT IS A MESS ISSUE AFTER ISSUE ,MAC SEEMS MORE INTERESTING IM SO FUSTRATED -- JMorrison23 "JMorrison23" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:e2c85fd912a3a66dd6520c9f4b8fdb93@nntp-gateway.com... > > my password wont work now im locked out i need some help MICROSOFT IS A > MESS ISSUE AFTER ISSUE ,MAC SEEMS MORE INTERESTING IM SO FUSTRATED > > > -- > JMorrison23 I don't believe that Microsoft is at fault for your being unable to logon. I suggest you sell...

Mailbox Manager Policy?
Hi, It seems like everytime I run mailbox manager all the polices run. Is there a way to make only one of the policies run at any given time? Better yet, can I schedule one policy to run? Thanks, Dan Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems like everytime I run mailbox manager all the polices run. Is >there a way to make only one of the policies run at any given time? Better >yet, can I schedule one policy to run? Schedule the Mbx Mgr policy to run from the property page of the server. That's what the "Mailbox management" tab is there for...

Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Guide 08-24-06
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Guide Customer Relationship Management (CRM) today is the complete business strategy steered in favor of customer needs. And for any business to succeed CRM is no longer another software but an absolute necessity .Do You Ready For This? http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...

Where to instantiate manager class in GUI?
I have a manager class which controls a couple of proxy classes and a few persistent data classes and I am trying to intergrate these classes into an MFC application using Visual C++. Which GUI class should I use to instantiate the manager class? In a main method in the application class? Or in the constructor of primary dialog box (it will always be controlled by action events from this dialog box)? Any advice appreciated (I'm an MFC beginner). James wrote: > I have a manager class which controls a couple of proxy classes and a > few persistent data classes and I am trying to ...

Centralising Net Display management
Is there a way to manage the net display settings for all sites from a single site, namely Head Office? It'd be a handy feature as we will be able to update and manage product information and sales without needing to access each individual POS station. I have already thought about pointing the POS to a single web site (also suggested to me from our supplier), then just updating that site, but as time goes on they will surely want to start running store specific promotions etc. I have a crystal ball for these things... So set up site with folders for each store and have them poi...

Outlook 2002: most voting button responses on email not shown on 'Tracking'
We run Exchange 2003, and one woman (using Outlook 2002) sent an invitation with yes \ no buttons out to the whole company. Over 200 hundred responses were received and she has stored them all in a sub folder, however when she opens the original message and goes to the tracking tab, only around a quarter are listed there. She needs the replies in here, so they can be easily exported into a spreadsheet. Why could message tracking have missed so many of the responses? Cronos Move the received messages back to the inbox and let the tally add up. = Outlook does not like it when messages with v...

Outlook Meeting Responses end up in Deleted Items
I have several users that send out meeting requests to several people at a time for meetings. As an example, User A will send a meeting request to Users B, C & D. When all three accept, User A will get responses from user B & C in his inbox, but user D's response always goes to his deleted items folder. I checked outlook and there are no rules in play that would do this. We are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007. Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas what could cause this? Thank you did the response go straight there without processing? Is one a delegate for ...

device manager error
Device Manager lists my V-GEAR PRO video capture card as a ISDN Controller.The card has been working fine for about 4 years but now ,after XP boots, New hardware Wizard ( & Device Manager) identify it as the controller with no driver installed. -- BIRD BIRD wrote: > Device Manager lists my V-GEAR PRO video capture card as a ISDN > Controller.The card has been working fine for about 4 years but now ,after XP > boots, New hardware Wizard ( & Device Manager) identify it as the controller > with no driver installed. Do you have any details, on what exact IS...

Unable to open Workflow Manager
Hi We have just reinstalled Crystal Reports and now we cannot open the Workflow Manager. Error message is : The specified CRM server is not responding. This may happen if it is unavailable or is not a Microsoft CRM server. PS When I right click to browse bizuserSDL.srf I get page page cannot be found. Can anyone help with this one. More..seems this is more generic it also effects the Deployment Manager app. When I try to view the users here it gives the same message. anyone? "Philo694" wrote: > Hi > We have just reinstalled Crystal Reports and now we cannot open the Wo...