Make User Date update on 24/7 Great Plains session.

I'm using Great Plains 8.  I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on
the server.  The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported
order's 'Order Date' value.  The User Date does not increment on it's own.

Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great
Plains session?

Thanks!

Kevin R

0
russellk (71)

How about a GP macro that changes the user date and then add that macro to
run using Windows Scheduled Tasks?  Never tried it but should work.

"Kevin R" wrote:

> I'm using Great Plains 8.  I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on
> the server.  The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported
> order's 'Order Date' value.  The User Date does not increment on it's own.
>
> Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great
> Plains session?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kevin R

0
JTT_IMIT (20)
1/23/2006 8:47:03 PM
Unless you have turned it off (with a Dex.ini setting) the system will have a
dialog pop up and ask you if you want the user date changed when the clock
strikes midnight.  You may be able to use VBA to always answer the dialog
"Yes".

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Kevin R" wrote:

> I'm using Great Plains 8.  I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on
> the server.  The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported
> order's 'Order Date' value.  The User Date does not increment on it's own.
>
> Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great
> Plains session?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kevin R

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Make Default

How can I create a formla using date ranges
How can I create a formula that will do this: = IF cell A2 ="m" and if cell D2 is between 5/19/06 and 6/20/06 than cell E2 ="June" + if A2 = "m" and D2 is between 6/21/06 and 7/18/06 than E2 = "July" and so on? This is the formula I used: =AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38854:38888,"June")+AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38889:38916,"July") I either get an #Value!, or some other error. Please help! If June / July is your only concern, then: =if( A2 <> "m", ___whatever happens if A2 is not m____, if( and(D2>3885...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Exchange2003SP2 or Office2003SP2 removed user local delete right to favorite public folder
Hi there, Tested that after installing exchange2003sp2, or office2003sp2, it removed user's local delete right to favorite public folder, in which I got 2 major problems: 1. user don't have access right to "save as msg" after opening a favorite public folder email 2. user don't have access right to delete opened favorite public folder emails In both cases said "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" Wondering if any furhter exchange/office hotfix to fix it? Ma...

How can I update a spreadsheet for a new season of records?
I use a spreadsheet to track fees paid by members of two different bowling leagues. Is there an easy way to delete the information that was entered for last year and then change the dates for this season?? why not create a spradsheet only with column or row headings and save it as a template "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96DA1832-520C-4E06-9508-74F3F367494F@microsoft.com... > I use a spreadsheet to track fees paid by members of two different bowling > leagues. Is there an easy way to delete the information that was entered for >...

How to display project date on report
Hi-- I have a project that spans two days and I'm printing each day on its own page. I want to be able to display the actual day that the tasks occur on each page. I can't seem to find an appropriate field in the drop down box in the print options. Is it possible to do this? Many thanks. If you're printing a Gantt chart, zoom in to day by day. Under Tools, Options and the View tab, select a date format that includes the day of the week. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http:/...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to use user defined messages correctly?
hi! i am using two user defined messages (WM_USER + 1 and WM_USER + 2) to update my UI from within a worker thread - everything is going fine for a unpredictable time (let's say from one day up to a few weeks...) but certainly the screen turns into grey. the app still works in the background but the screen keeps grey. i am not sure but most likely i believe that this has to do with those messages - so is there anything wrong in definition or usage? #define WM_UPDATE_SOMETHING WM_USER + 1 call from within the worker thread: m_pDisplay->PostMessage( WM_UPDATE_SOMETHING, 0, 0 ); is ...

Pivot Chart #7
In Pivotchart, Everytime I press the refresh button,How can I keep the same chart type I like? (but not a default chart). Thanks. XL retains only certain aspects of a customized PivotChart. One option would be to create a macro that does the customization you want. The other is to create a normal chart from the data in a PT. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <418a01c4a015$75c998c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > In Pivotchart, Every...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

User Profiles
I have several Win XP and 2000 machines on a 2003 domain. I configured a user profile on each machine and then copied it to the Default profile for anyone that logs on. I have one machine that must have had outlook configured before we copied the profile. Now anyone that logs into that machine gets the same outlook profile. Instead of creating a new PST file for each user it reads the original PST file out of the original user profile. Hmmmm.... I didn't think personal settings got copied across. Can anyone help me correct this. (Maybe this is more of an XP issue but, I will start ...

CRM 4.0 Rollup Update 9
Hi all, Now I have CRM 4.0 without Rollup Update (New installation) and I want install Rollup update 9 (after install Rollup Update 7 for client and Datamanager). My question is: There are many registry key that I must change but I don't understand which registry keys I must change client side, which registry keys I must change server side and which registry keys I must change booth client and server side. Can you explain me? Thanks Hi Davide- Which registry keys are you thinking of changing? Are you referring the the Update Rollup KB where you can manually enable some fixes ...

sending mail from another user's inbox as that user
How can make a user access another user's inbox, but have the person send mail as the owner's name? The permissions on this have to be set on the Exchange Server. See the following Knowledge Base article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb; [LN];Q327000 The end user that will be sending the message will also want to make sure to select the "From field" in the New message view. You may also have to set up Delegate Access on the Outlook client. (Tools, Options, Delegates) >-----Original Message----- >How can make a user access another user's...

Can't update my own recurring meeting
I have a recurring meeting set up in my calendar. I was the originator of the meeting. Now, however, if I open one of the instances of the meeting, it says 'Organizer: <my name>' and the subject, location, etc. And it's got up in the top corner 'Accept', 'Decline', etc. - as if it was a meeting that was sent to me. So, when I need to change one instance of the meeting, it will only change it on my calendar, and will not send an update to all of the attendees. How can I change this to make it an active meeting that I've created again? Outlook 2003 SP2...

CRM Contacts on Blackberry not owned by user
Ok, we have 13 users that have blackberries. They want to be able to see a larger list of users on their blackberries from CRM, but they do not own the contacts they want to see. many of them need to be able to communicate with the same Contact. I want to avoid a 3rd party provider on the blackberries if possible. Can this be done? Thanks, Ken This is what I do, setup each user's outlook crm client to synch the contacts they to outlook. You'll have to create a new data group based on a query. Set CRM to synch to outlook. The key is creating a new data group that pulls the cont...

Office X 10.1.5 Update does not update Word
I have used the Office X 10.1.5 update. After the update process I noted that Excel, Power Point, and Component Plugin were both showing Version 10.1.5 in the Get Info box. But, Word is showing Version 10.1.4 So, the question is, What version number should Word be after applying update 10.1.5 I should also note that I have been going through the same ridiculous problems with installing the updates as many others have reported on this site. I was told, specifically, to apply the three updates posted on the Microsoft website: Office X 10.1.2 Update, Office X 10.1.4 Update, and Office X 10.1.5 ...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...