MACRS Depreciation

For companies that have assets with MACRS depreciation methods, does anybody
know the averaging convention that you would combine with one of the double
declining methods to make the schedule work?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

0
callen (2503)

Charles:

I've always used Half Year convention to simulate MACRS in GP.  It
works.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/11/2008 4:05:00 PM
That's what I've done as well. Works fine.

Mark

On Sep 11, 12:05=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP"
<fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote:
> Charles:
>
> I've always used Half Year convention to simulate MACRS in GP. =A0It
> works.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamicswww.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
mpolino (496)

Fixed assets, 7YR MACRS
I am implementing fixed assets. MACRS is not a option for depreciation method? Is there another way to set up an asset for 7 yr MACRS? If so, what is it? -- Nancy C. Controller This was a message from MBS Support from a case I opened for a new install of Fixed Assets: "Fixed Assets does support the MACRS depreciation method. It is normally a combination of a Declining Balance Depreciation Method and an Averaging Convention. Recommended that they consult tax books or the IRS website for more information. I don't have a list of this information." >-----Original...

i want to send multiple emails through outlook using an excel macr
Hi, I want to send multiple emails through outlook using an excel macro. And for each receipient (message) I get a window saying 'A program trying to send an email on your behalf........................with options Yes, No....' How can do without this message and send these emails without interruption? "Raj Devarajah" <Raj Devarajah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:752C12C4-4C9C-4BE6-99F3-9220B8054093@microsoft.com... > I want to send multiple emails through outlook using an excel macro. And > for each receipient (message) ...

MACRS Depreciation
For companies that have assets with MACRS depreciation methods, does anybody know the averaging convention that you would combine with one of the double declining methods to make the schedule work? -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles: I've always used Half Year convention to simulate MACRS in GP. It works. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com That's what I've done as well. Works fine. Mark On Sep 11, 12:05=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" <fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote: > Charles: > > I've a...

How do I convince the cursor to select a given cell when in a macr
I have a column of numbers - all zero's except for one '1'. Depending on the situation, the '1' can appear anywhere in the column. What do I do (manually) to find that particular cell automatically? I want to record a macro with this in it. Hoping this makes sense! Regards, William Turn on the macro recorder. select your column edit|find turn off the recorder and look at the code. Wulliam wrote: > > I have a column of numbers - all zero's except for one '1'. Depending on the > situation, the '1' can appear anywhere in the column. What do...

Macrs with Validation Rules
I have a spread sheet with a tab called Estimnates once the Validation Item for the estimated item is changed to "Contracted" I want it to Copy the Entire row to another Sheet called Contracted Projects. Is this possible? Would the best Option be to have it Copy all Items listed "Contracted" when the Workbook it closed or upon clicking a select button? I can not have it duplicate Items. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup a...

Adjust YTD Depreciation Amount for Assets
Hi We posted depreciation for January 2007 before closing the year 2006. After year 2006 was closed, the YTD depreciation amount was reset to $0.00 How can I show January depreciation in YTD column now? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Lakshya Are you sure you posted it with a Jan 07 posting date and that you closed the fiscal year through Dec 06? GP should have been able to discern between the 2 periods "Lak_Sobti" <LakSobti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ADD0206-85CB-4D34-A42E-40278346E6C3@microsoft.com... > Hi > > We posted depreciation...

MACRS Depreciation Method
The MACRS Depreciation Method, a common legislated US tax depreciation method is not in the drop down list of methods offered in the fixed assets module. Instead, on an asset by asset basis, a tax accountant could approximate this method. This is prone to error and not a good use of a tax accountants skills. In addition, I believe this raises a SOX section 404 compliance issue. The following is the current support instructions for implementing a MACRS work around: While there is no specific method called MACRS, Great Plains does accommodate the calculations. However, there is no ...

How do I do a Depreciation Table
i really need help for my assignment and i dont know how to do a depreciation table its really simpl ei just cant do it the purchase price is $200 000 and it depreciate 5% each year and i haev ot work out the value oafter 25 years. i really need help so i know what im doing. thanks for any help Good Morning SarahJessica88 I assume from your question that you are using reducing balance depreciation (as opposed to straight line which would be fully depreciated at 5% after 20 years). I also assume you want to show the balance each year and not just the balance after 25 years. If you have...

Toggle switch between absolute and relative values creating a macr
Hello, Why is it that when creating a macro sometimes I see the toggle switch for absolute/relative values and sometimes I don't? Actually, I no longer see the toggle switch when recording a new macro. What do I have to do to make it reappear? Thank you. "Al" wrote: > Hello, > Why is it that when creating a macro sometimes I see the toggle switch for > absolute/relative values and sometimes I don't? Al Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select "Stop Recording" toolbar>Close Stop Recording Toolbar should now be visible on sheet. Hit "X"...

Fully depreciate an asset #2
Hi, How can you fully depreciate an asset on the spot. i.e,i have entered an asset in the system and then decided to fully depreciate the asset. Thanks ...

GP MACRS Depreciation Calculations
Has anyone else run into inconsistencies with GP Tax depreciation? I just tested two make-believe $1,000 assets, both with 5 year lives, half-year convention, no salvage. One of the assets, I set the method at 200% DB, no switch over, the other I set at 200% DB with switchover. The asset that I setup WITH switchover calculated according to the IRS MACRS tables, with the proper annual depreciation. The asset I setup WITHOUT switchover calculated properly until it got to the 5th year, then I can't figure out what the heck it did. The depreciation for the 5th year was significantly less ...

Depreciation Method
What depreciation method and Averaging Convention should be used if we want to set total depreciation yearly schedule to be the sum of the cost of all new assets divided by the estimated life, with the first and last year being further divided by 2. Example if there is an asset with asset cost $3,600 and life 3 years. In the first and last year it will depreciate by amount 600(=3600/3/2) Straight line with half-year convention. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com On Jun 16, 2:18=...

i want to connect excel with sql server 2000 as database with macr
i have a table Transcription_temp in sql server2000 i have to import data from excel daily. My excel file name is today.xls my excel headings are Userid Date TID PID Pname Dname Lines Wtype Template Clients my table header names are UserID TranscrioptionDate TranscriptionID PatientName DoctorName LineTranscribed worktype TemplateName ClientName i want a macro to connect sql with excel and export the data of excel file today.xls to sql server 2000 khurram saddique wrote: > i have a table Transcription_temp in sql server2000 i have t...

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

Depreciation Formula
I don't expect to get any bites on this one, but, "Hey, it's Friday -- it could happen!" Just got this one dropped on my lap -- we have a spreadsheet with items that we depreciate -- this spreadsheep has been touched/maniulated by many over the years (I just gained access to it, since it's not doing what the Finance folks would like it to do). Here's what it does ... Col H has a description of the item Col J has In Service Date Col L has the Life of the item (ie, 60 mos, 120 mos) Col M has the Original Cost of the item Col N figures the Monthly Depreciation (=M2...

Depreciations
We are having a problem with the fixed asset depreciation on some assets. The auditors have found that the depreciation on these assets is calculating a larger amount than expected. The items involved all are Buildings and they are have an acquisition date that precedes our implementing the system. They were loaded into the system on 7/7/2000. How can we fix this? Not enough info Andrea to advise a fix. If you can give us all the particulars of the asset, the depreciation settings, current depreciation amounts, etc., maybe we can help. The more detail the better. Frank Hamelly MCP...

Depreciation
I am not too familiar with Great Plains. One of my clients told me that when he closes out book depreciation for the year, he must also close out tax depreciation. Is this true? If not, how does it work? I have used several other systems (especially macola) and you can close one book without closing the other. Thanks. You do not have to close all books at the same time. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Neo" wrote: > I am not too familiar with Great Plains. One of my clients told me that when > he closes out book depreciation for the year, he must also close out tax &g...

what is straight line depreciation and double line depreciation?
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation In article <928DC52C-D390-45C6-9847-693648A1A5DA@microsoft.com>, MISSY <MISSY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-F62312.22355624092007@msnews.microsoft.com... > See > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation > Quite a good article for wikipedia, but it misses one very important point. The original purpose of charging depreciation to the P&L was to build up a reserve in order to replace the asset when it became obsol...

GP calculates new depreciation on a fully depreciated asset
We performed a mass change on a class of assets to change the Class ID and GL account number. After the mass change completed, we ran depreciation for the month, and some of the assets that were included in the mass change that were fully depreciated now show an amount in the Current Depreciation field (flagged as Y for Fully Depreciated and NBV shows as $0). A depreciation amount was also sent to the GL as part of the depreciation batch. We tried this in our TEST environment successfully. Does anyone know how this could have happened - that GP calculated and assigned a depre...

Fixed Asset Special 50% Depreciation 2008
Can anyone tell me why the 50% Special depreciation for 2008 is not calculating? ...

Depreciation/Fixed Asset
Is it at all possible to setup a asset with the following depreciation rates for tax purposes: Year 1 : 40% Year 2 : 20% Year 3 : 20% Year 4 : 20% I've tried looking at all the relevant 'out the box' depreciation calculations, but nothing seems that it would be able to do this, Any help is appreciated What tax depreciation method are you trying to replicate? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Hi Frank, In South Africa we have accelerated depreciation allowance on manufacturing assets, which allo...

Property Depreciation
Is there no way to depreciate property used for business in the 2005 Money for Small Business version? It sure doesn't seem like it; not only does the program not include IRS form 4562, line 13 of Schedule C is also not available to associate with expense categories. How Microsoft can claim this software to be a "business" edition, while it is lacking these fundamental capabilities, is amazing. I don't know a single sole proprietor whom doesn't depreciate property every year (computer equipment etc). Someone, please tell me I am wrong and that I just don't kn...

Depreciate new year transactins
Is it possible to calculate January ‘09 depreciation without closing the fixed asset module for 2008? Any issues with this? Sara, I don't believe GP will let you do this. You must close 2008 first. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BED82D4-F4BD-4BBA-972D-942A9F0C7419@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to calculate January ‘09 depreciation without closing the > fixed asset module for 2008...

Inventory Depreciation
Hello, GP8.0 / SQL2000. We 'depreciate' inventory that has been dead stock for 2 years or more as a summary on the G/L. I would like to adjust the inventory value of each of those affected items in our inventory subledger. We are using moving average cost. What is the best way to accomplish that? Are there any built in tools, or do I need to write my own queries? I can easily prepare the list of dead stock items and their current cost. Is it a simple matter of applying a percentage reduction to each of these items in the IV00101 table? Or, is there more to it than that?...

Depreciation Spreadsheet
Hi I'm having a little trouble calculating some formulas in my depreciation budget worksheet. What I need to be able to calculate is when an asset is only depreciated for the first 4 months of a year and ending its useful life as an asset. What is happening now is that our Accounting program gives us the planned depreciation for the upcoming year but not the remaining months so this planned depreciatin could be for 12 months or 4 months. Then we have come along and applied 12 to this to get monthly depreciation and used formulas to put it into months etc. The total f...