Macros-start dynamics, run process and exit

I have recorded a macro that logs into dynamics,  rebulds a sales forecast
combination and then is supposed to exit (close out) Dynamics

Everything works fine, except Dynamics GP does not exit at the end.  When I
recorded the macro I did go through the 'Exit' to close Dynamics,  but when
the macro runs,  it does not exit and there are no windows open or messages.

i have added the logging file to the macro also.
Am I missing something?

thanks!

--
Doug
0

Doug,

Your macro must include the following line to be able to quit GP.

CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication

I suggest you stay away from the Exit button.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Doug" wrote:

> I have recorded a macro that logs into dynamics,  rebulds a sales forecast
> combination and then is supposed to exit (close out) Dynamics
>
> Everything works fine, except Dynamics GP does not exit at the end.  When I
> recorded the macro I did go through the 'Exit' to close Dynamics,  but when
> the macro runs,  it does not exit and there are no windows open or messages.
>
> i have added the logging file to the macro also.
> Am I missing something?
>
> thanks!
>

> --
> Doug
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/17/2008 7:23:02 PM
thank you,

i am assuming the line below should be the last line of the macro?

thanks

--
Doug

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Your macro must include the following line to be able to quit GP.
>
> CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication
>
> I suggest you stay away from the Exit button.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > I have recorded a macro that logs into dynamics,  rebulds a sales forecast
> > combination and then is supposed to exit (close out) Dynamics
> >
> > Everything works fine, except Dynamics GP does not exit at the end.  When I
> > recorded the macro I did go through the 'Exit' to close Dynamics,  but when
> > the macro runs,  it does not exit and there are no windows open or messages.
> >
> > i have added the logging file to the macro also.
> > Am I missing something?
> >
> > thanks!
> >

> > --
> > Doug
0
Doug4515 (774)
9/17/2008 8:00:11 PM
That's correct.

Best regards,
--

"Doug" wrote:

> thank you,
>
> i am assuming the line below should be the last line of the macro?
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Doug
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Doug,
> >
> > Your macro must include the following line to be able to quit GP.
> >
> > CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication
> >
> > I suggest you stay away from the Exit button.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > I have recorded a macro that logs into dynamics,  rebulds a sales forecast
> > > combination and then is supposed to exit (close out) Dynamics
> > >
> > > Everything works fine, except Dynamics GP does not exit at the end.  When I
> > > recorded the macro I did go through the 'Exit' to close Dynamics,  but when
> > > the macro runs,  it does not exit and there are no windows open or messages.
> > >
> > > i have added the logging file to the macro also.
> > > Am I missing something?
> > >
> > > thanks!
> > >

> > > --
> > > Doug
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/17/2008 8:25:01 PM
Thanks for the response,  I have added that line to the end of my macro, but
it still does not exit....

I am on V10 if that makes a difference.
--
Doug

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> That's correct.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > thank you,
> >
> > i am assuming the line below should be the last line of the macro?
> >
> > thanks
> >

> > --
> > Doug
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Doug,
> > >
> > > Your macro must include the following line to be able to quit GP.
> > >
> > > CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication
> > >
> > > I suggest you stay away from the Exit button.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com

0
Doug4515 (774)
9/17/2008 9:19:01 PM
It shouldn't make a difference as this is the macro code I tested on v10. One
thing I can think of: send your process report to a file, not to the screen.
I have seen issues with macros and the report output screen.

Best regards,
--

"Doug" wrote:

> Thanks for the response,  I have added that line to the end of my macro, but
> it still does not exit....
>
> I am on V10 if that makes a difference.
> --
> Doug
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > That's correct.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > thank you,
> > >
> > > i am assuming the line below should be the last line of the macro?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >

> > > --
> > > Doug

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/18/2008 3:21:01 PM
thanks for the response,  There is nothing to print, so I dont think this is
the issue.  I have pasted my macro below so maybe you can look at the last
line and compare to one of yours that works?

Thanks~!

# DEXVERSION=10.0.263.0 2 2
Logging file 'macro.log'
CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form Login window Login
  MoveTo field Password
  TypeTo field Password , 'MacroMRP'
  MoveTo field 'OK Button'
  ClickHit field 'OK Button'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'Switch Company' window 'Switch
Company'
  ClickHit field '(L) Company Names' item 1  # 'Killdeer Mountain Mfg, Inc.'
  MoveTo field 'OK Button'
  ClickHit field 'OK Button'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form syReminders window syReminders
CloseWindow dictionary 'default'  form syReminders window syReminders
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
  CommandExec dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'Command_MFG' command
'SF_Plan'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
  MoveTo field ICMenu item 0
  ClickHit field ICMenu item 5  # 'Forecasting Selections'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'MRP_Forecasting' window
'MRP_Forecasting'
  MoveTo field 'ICRemove_Left'
  ClickHit field 'ICRemove_Left'
# Key 1:
  MoveTo line 1 browsewin 'MRP_Forecasting_Scroll'
  MoveTo field 'ICRemove_Left'
  ClickHit field 'ICRemove_Left'
# Key 1:
  MoveTo line 1 browsewin 'MRP_Forecasting_Scroll'
  MoveTo field 'ICRemove_Left'
  ClickHit field 'ICRemove_Left'
CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'MRP_Forecasting' window
'MRP_Forecasting'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
  TypeTo field '(L) Temp Plan Name' , 'Hett Forecast'
  MoveTo field 'Plan Description'
ActivateWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
  MoveTo field 'IC_Delete_T'
  ClickHit field 'IC_Delete_T'
# Are you sure you want to delete this plan?
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form DiaLog window DiaLog
  ClickHit field OK
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
  TypeTo field '(L) Temp Plan Name' , 'main combo'
  MoveTo field 'Plan Description'
ActivateWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
  MoveTo field 'IC_Delete_T'
  ClickHit field 'IC_Delete_T'
# Are you sure you want to delete this plan?
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form DiaLog window DiaLog
  ClickHit field OK
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
  MoveTo field ICMenu item 0
  ClickHit field ICMenu item 2  # 'Sales Forecast Combination'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Combine' window
'SF_Combine'
  TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'Bo8015'
  MoveTo field '(L) New Plan Name'
  TypeTo field '(L) New Plan Name' , 'Hett Forecast'
  MoveTo field '(L) New Plan Description'
  MoveTo field 'ICAdd Right All'
  ClickHit field 'ICAdd Right All'
  MoveTo field 'IC_Save_T'
  ClickHit field 'IC_Save_T'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Combine' window
'SF_Combine'
  TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'ce 777 psa'
  MoveTo field '(L) New Plan Name'
  TypeTo field '(L) New Plan Name' , 'main combo'
  MoveTo field '(L) New Plan Description'
  MoveTo field 'ICAdd Right All'
  ClickHit field 'ICAdd Right All'
  MoveTo field 'IC_Save_T'
  ClickHit field 'IC_Save_T'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Combine' window
'SF_Combine'
CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Combine' window 'SF_Combine'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
  MoveTo field ICMenu item 2  # 'Sales Forecast Combination'
  ClickHit field ICMenu item 5  # 'Forecasting Selections'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'MRP_Forecasting' window
'MRP_Forecasting'
  TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'ceassys'
  MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
  MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
  ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
  MoveTo field 'Plan Name'
  TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'Hett Forecast'
  MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
  MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
  ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
  MoveTo field 'Plan Name'
  TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'main combo'
  MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
  MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
  ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'MRP_Forecasting' window
'MRP_Forecasting'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'

****************
--
Doug

"Doug" wrote:

> Thanks for the response,  I have added that line to the end of my macro, but
> it still does not exit....
>
> I am on V10 if that makes a difference.
> --
> Doug
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > That's correct.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > thank you,
> > >
> > > i am assuming the line below should be the last line of the macro?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >

> > > --
> > > Doug

0
Doug4515 (774)
9/18/2008 5:19:01 PM
[...]

9/18/2008 5:22:07 PM
Doug,

Your macro is missing the following lines:

NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
  CommandExec dictionary 'default'  form 'Command_System' command
CloseAllWindows
ActivateWindow dictionary 'default'  form Toolbar window 'Main_Menu_1'
  CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication

Hope this helps,
--

"Doug" wrote:

> [...]
>   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
>   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
>   MoveTo field 'Plan Name'
>   TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'main combo'
>   MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
>   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
>   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
> CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'MRP_Forecasting' window
> 'MRP_Forecasting'
> NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
> CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication
>

> ****************
> --
> Doug
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the response,  I have added that line to the end of my macro, but

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/18/2008 6:51:01 PM
Mariano, still does not exit for me,  I must still be doing something wrong:

# DEXVERSION=10.0.263.0 2 2
Logging file 'macro.log'
CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form Login window Login
  TypeTo field 'User ID' , 'MacroMRP'

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> >   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
> >   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
> >   MoveTo field 'Plan Name'
> >   TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'main combo'
> >   MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
> >   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
> >   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'MRP_Forecasting' window
> > 'MRP_Forecasting'
> > NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> > CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> > NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
> > CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication
> >

> > ****************
> > --
> > Doug
> >

> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the response,  I have added that line to the end of my macro, but

0
Doug4515 (774)
9/19/2008 1:28:01 PM
Doug,

Can you test just the lines that I sent and verify that it's not something
else causing the issue? I see you are logging the macro, do you have any
errors showing up in the log file?

Best regards,
--

"Doug" wrote:

> [...]
> > >   MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
> > >   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > >   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > >   MoveTo field 'Plan Name'
> > >   TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'Hett Forecast'
> > >   MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
> > >   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > >   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > >   MoveTo field 'Plan Name'
> > >   TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'main combo'
> > >   MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
> > >   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > >   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > > CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'MRP_Forecasting' window
> > > 'MRP_Forecasting'
> > > NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> > > CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> > > NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
> > > CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/19/2008 2:47:03 PM
Here is my log file:

:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Started   09/18/2008
13:28:24
:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Aborted   09/18/2008
13:30:05
:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Elapsed
1:50      Last Line   97
Error:        Command not available.
Last Line:    97
Line:         CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
Location:     dictionary 'Microsoft Dynamics GP'  form [Not Found]  window
[Not Found]  field [Not Found]

:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Started   09/19/2008
07:16:36
:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Aborted   09/19/2008
07:18:11
:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Elapsed
1:43      Last Line   97
Error:        Command not available.
Last Line:    97
Line:         CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
Location:     dictionary 'Microsoft Dynamics GP'  form [Not Found]  window
[Not Found]  field [Not Found]

:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Started   09/19/2008
07:22:28
:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Aborted   09/19/2008
07:23:44
:S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Elapsed
1:20      Last Line   98
Error:        Command not available.
Last Line:    98

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> > CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> > NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
> > CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
> > CloseAllWindows
> > ActivateWindow dictionary 'default' form Toolbar window 'Main_Menu_1'
> > CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication
> >

> > --
> > Doug
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Doug,
> > >
> > > Your macro is missing the following lines:
> > >
> > > NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
> > >   CommandExec dictionary 'default'  form 'Command_System' command
> > > CloseAllWindows
> > > ActivateWindow dictionary 'default'  form Toolbar window 'Main_Menu_1'
> > >   CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication

9/19/2008 3:30:04 PM
Doug,

It seems you are missing a form in your dictionary. That may explain why the
Macro is not working. If you disable the Macro loggin, what error message do
you get on the interface when the Macro executes? This should be the reason
why the Macro is not exiting the system.

Best regards,
--

"Doug" wrote:

> [...]
> > >   TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'Hett Forecast'
> > >   MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
> > >   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > >   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > >   MoveTo field 'Plan Name'
> > >   TypeTo field 'Plan Name' , 'main combo'
> > >   MoveTo field 'Demand Fence'
> > >   MoveTo field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > >   ClickHit field 'ICAdd_Right'
> > > CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'MRP_Forecasting' window
> > > 'MRP_Forecasting'
> > > NewActiveWin dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> > > CloseWindow dictionary 'Manufacturing'  form 'SF_Plan' window 'SF_Plan'
> > > NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
> > > CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
> > > CloseAllWindows
> > > ActivateWindow dictionary 'default' form Toolbar window 'Main_Menu_1'
> > > CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication

9/19/2008 5:42:01 PM
Mariano:

I removed the logging line and got this message:

Command not available (Line #97)

Then it says the macro ran for 2:13

thanks again
--
Doug

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> > :S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Started   09/19/2008
> > 07:22:28
> > :S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Aborted   09/19/2008
> > 07:23:44
> > :S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Elapsed
> > 1:20      Last Line   98
> > Error:        Command not available.
> > Last Line:    98
> > Line:         CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
> > Location:     dictionary 'Microsoft Dynamics GP'  form [Not Found]  window
> > [Not Found]  field [Not Found]
> > --
> > Doug
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Doug,
> > >
> > > Can you test just the lines that I sent and verify that it's not something
> > > else causing the issue? I see you are logging the macro, do you have any

9/19/2008 6:29:03 PM
Ok,

I think this might solve the issue

CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
CloseAllWindows

Make sure this is all ONE LINE in your macro (it got parsed in 2 lines in
the previous post).

Best regards,
--

"Doug" wrote:

> [...]
> > > Last Line:    97
> > > Line:         CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
> > > Location:     dictionary 'Microsoft Dynamics GP'  form [Not Found]  window
> > > [Not Found]  field [Not Found]
> > >
> > > ===============================================================================
> > > :S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Started   09/19/2008
> > > 07:22:28
> > > :S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Aborted   09/19/2008
> > > 07:23:44
> > > :S:GreatPlains/Dyn10/MRPSalesForecastRebuild.mac   Elapsed
> > > 1:20      Last Line   98
> > > Error:        Command not available.
> > > Last Line:    98
> > > Line:         CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
> > > Location:     dictionary 'Microsoft Dynamics GP'  form [Not Found]  window

9/19/2008 7:40:01 PM
Mariano:

Great News!!!  your last suggestion (ONE LINE) fixed the problem,  I can now
run the maco and it exits Dynamics properly!!

Thanks again for all your help and persistance wit this, I appreciate it

Doug
--
Doug

9/19/2008 8:48:00 PM
My pleasure! Ooof! Sphew! :-)
--
Best regards,
--

"Doug" wrote:

> Mariano:
>
> Great News!!!  your last suggestion (ONE LINE) fixed the problem,  I can now
> run the maco and it exits Dynamics properly!!
>
> Thanks again for all your help and persistance wit this, I appreciate it
>
> Doug
> --
> Doug
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Ok,
> >
> > I think this might solve the issue
> >
> > CommandExec dictionary 'default' form 'Command_System' command
> > CloseAllWindows
> >
> > Make sure this is all ONE LINE in your macro (it got parsed in 2 lines in
> > the previous post).
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > Mariano:
> > >
> > > I removed the logging line and got this message:
> > >
> > > Command not available (Line #97)
> > >
> > > Then it says the macro ran for 2:13
> > >
> > > thanks again
> > > --
> > > Doug

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Money 2002 wont start #2
When I try to run Money 2002, after I enter my password the following error message occurs - "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Microsoft says the product is obsolete and won't help. We haven't changed anything with our computer. Any idea of the cause of the problem or potential solution? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=130. Try opening the sample data file to narrow the problem to the environment or the data file. "Confused in EP" <Confused ...

Macro

Attached Toolbars Macros

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Attach Events to elements dynamically created by JavaScript in IE using MSHTML
Hi, I am writing an browser helper object that is used to detect clicks on web page elements (e.g. links). During the DocumentComplete event, I get a list of all the elements and attach events to them via the IHTMLElement2::attachEvent method. This works fine for most pages. However there are some pages where some of these elements may get created by the javascript code on the web page. This will then typically take place after the DocumentComplete event has fired. Since these elements are created after the DocumentComplete event was fired, the attachEvent method will not have been called for...

Macro that password protects a sheet

Location of Right Click Start Logo Items
Hi, I have changed the openning location for Windows Explorer at the default location under accessaries and is all good load to new location, however when I use the right click start logo shortcuts "Explore, Open all users, and Explore all users" its not starting at he new location. I want to change the right click start logo shortcuts starting locations but when I right click the shortcuts instead of getting a list so I can go to properties it actually runs the shortcut. I would like to know where to find the actual shortcuts so I can change the starting locatio...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

dynamic/iterative searching
Hi, I hope you can help. Given multiple inputs I'm trying to automate finding a price from a large table. The table has following layout (this could be changed if it helps): Item1 Item1 Item1 Item1 Material1 Material1 Material2 Material2 Style1 Style2 Style1 Style2 Size1 Price1 Price2 Price3 Price4 Size2 Price5 Price6 Price7 Price8 Size3 Price9 Price10 Price11 Price12 The inputs given would be item, material, style and size. The problem with the LO...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

money crashes as soon as I start
Just like the Re says, Money 2003 crashes as soon as I start the program. I'd like to get Technical support, but I need the product ID to do that, and since I can't start Money how can I even access my product ID. Any ideas why Money crashes, or at least how to access my product ID otherwise? Thanks Eric In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote: >Just like the Re says, Money 2003 crashes as soon as I >start the program. I'd like to get Technical support, but >I need the product ID to do that, and since I can't start >Money how can I even access my product I...

Run multiple Macros or macros from within other macros ?
I would like to run multiple macros at startup. What code should be used in the Private Sub Application_Startup command in the ThisOutlookSession area ? If the names of my macros were below what would the code to look like ? Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 I have looked at the samples from previous posts and cannot determine how to make them apply specifically to my needs. In Excel you can use the Run "Macro1" line and it would run that macro. Run does not work in Outlook I suppose because I kept getting an error. **** Also - What code is needed to execute a macro from w...

Overnight processes
Hi, How do I specify a task that is a process like an acid bath that must run for e.g. 10 hours (or more) so that if the process is started at e.g. 11 AM the process is ready next morning for further handling by a person. I have tried to use the 24 hours calendar which works well but if the next task is a similar process I got a problem because the process will start at 9 PM (according to MS project) which is outside normal working hours. but in the real world it must be started during normal working hours? Hope the above is understandable. Thanks Ole Try using elaps...

Startup macro
Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is opening. I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic started. Zeno option explicit sub auto_Open() call yourspecificmacronamehere end sub Zeno wrote: > > Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is > opening. > I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic > started. > > Zeno -- Dave Peterson ...