Macro Change Date for Report

 I have a macro to print the Historical Stock Status. As part of it I need to
change the "as of Date". I have the macro copy the date from the System Date
window.
 In the original macro there is a type to line and it puts the date in that
was in the copy command. I take out the type line and leave the Command Edit
Paste in the macro.
 When the macro runs I get a command disabled in the macro log when it goes
to paste the date in the as of field.
 Suggestions on changing the date?
Thanks
roland
0
rnando (15)

Roland,

Why not change the setup of the report you're using to have Current Date in
the Print/Age as of drop down list?  That will always take the GP system
date and you won't need to change it as part of the macro.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"rnando" <rnando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a macro to print the Historical Stock Status. As part of it I need
> change the "as of Date". I have the macro copy the date from the System
> Date
> window.
> In the original macro there is a type to line and it puts the date in that
> was in the copy command. I take out the type line and leave the Command
> Edit
> Paste in the macro.
> When the macro runs I get a command disabled in the macro log when it goes
> to paste the date in the as of field.
> Suggestions on changing the date?
> Thanks
> roland

0
victoria (3340)
8/31/2007 3:31:49 PM
My print Age as of is not a drop down list, only have the calendar button.
inventory Activity Report Options window.
Thanks

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Roland,
>
> Why not change the setup of the report you're using to have Current Date in
> the Print/Age as of drop down list?  That will always take the GP system
> date and you won't need to change it as part of the macro.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "rnando" <rnando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a macro to print the Historical Stock Status. As part of it I need
> > change the "as of Date". I have the macro copy the date from the System
> > Date
> > window.
> > In the original macro there is a type to line and it puts the date in that
> > was in the copy command. I take out the type line and leave the Command
> > Edit
> > Paste in the macro.
> > When the macro runs I get a command disabled in the macro log when it goes
> > to paste the date in the as of field.
> > Suggestions on changing the date?
> > Thanks
> > roland

0
rnando (15)
8/31/2007 6:02:04 PM
Ah, right you are.  What about getting the macro to click Today on the
bottom of the calendar instead of pasting in the date?

--

> My print Age as of is not a drop down list, only have the calendar button.
> inventory Activity Report Options window.
> Thanks
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Roland,
>>
>> Why not change the setup of the report you're using to have Current Date
>> in
>> the Print/Age as of drop down list?  That will always take the GP system
>> date and you won't need to change it as part of the macro.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "rnando" <rnando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a macro to print the Historical Stock Status. As part of it I
>> > need
>> > change the "as of Date". I have the macro copy the date from the System
>> > Date
>> > window.
>> > In the original macro there is a type to line and it puts the date in
>> > that
>> > was in the copy command. I take out the type line and leave the Command
>> > Edit
>> > Paste in the macro.
>> > When the macro runs I get a command disabled in the macro log when it
>> > goes
>> > to paste the date in the as of field.
>> > Suggestions on changing the date?
>> > Thanks
>> > roland

0
victoria (3340)
8/31/2007 6:27:29 PM
Recorded the macro to click on the Today's Date. Was pretty sure I did this
before. Below is the content of the macro. Click on today's Date and it wants
to type to the field.
# DEXVERSION=9.00.0073.0 2 2
CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'IV_Activity_Reports' window
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'IV_Activity_Reports' window Options
  TypeTo field 'As Of Date' , '09042007'
  MoveTo field 'Use GL Posting Date'  # 'TRUE'

Thanks
roland

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Ah, right you are.  What about getting the macro to click Today on the
> bottom of the calendar instead of pasting in the date?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "rnando" <rnando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My print Age as of is not a drop down list, only have the calendar button.
> > inventory Activity Report Options window.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Roland,
> >>
> >> Why not change the setup of the report you're using to have Current Date
> >> in
> >> the Print/Age as of drop down list?  That will always take the GP system
> >> date and you won't need to change it as part of the macro.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >>

> >> "rnando" <rnando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
rnando (15)

Macro warning with no macros

Create a status designation from 5 date fields using "Not IsNull"
I am still learning, lots that I don't know, but I am trying to create a status designation from 5 date fields using "Not IsNull" and having difficulty. I am not sure if this will fuction best in query, forms... can I do this on the table??? After some research, this is what I have in a query for now and it seems to work but I don't want a number: Status: IIf(Not IsNull([cogradulate]),5,IIf(Not IsNull([verifydate]),4,IIf(Not IsNull([permCAdate]),3,IIf(Not IsNull([shorttermCAdate]),2,IIf(Not IsNull([containmentdate]),1,0))))) When I change it to a word in...

When changing end time in appointment crm cannot save duration
Hello all When we started running the crm with https instead of http the following error appeared: When you change the end time of an appointment, CRM cannot save the change to duration. Error message: "Microsoft CRM was unable to save the change to duration. Try changing the duration value again." Any ideas? Regards Magnus Also, the error is only surfacing in the web client. /Magnus "Magnus Olsson" wrote: > Hello all > > When we started running the crm with https instead of http the following > error appeared: When you change the end time of an app...

Macro

Allow change to Activity Views in MS CRM
a CRM Administrator should be able to customise Activity Views and change the views to reflect pecific information eg of views Signed on Users Activites Closed /Open My Open Activites My Closed Activites Should, but unfortunately in the current release, they can't. This will be addressed in CRM 2005 though. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:57:03 -0800, "N.Pinto" <N.Pinto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: a CRM Administrator should be able to customise Activity Views...

Is there a formular or format to change 1 to one
Is there a formular or format to change a number "1" into the word "one". Hi Kevin, See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html --- Regards, Norman "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C099B0B-82F6-44FB-AD72-B0F726256F96@microsoft.com... > Is there a formular or format to change a number "1" into the word "one". See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.micro...

Macro

Attached Toolbars Macros

Display in Report
I have a field named CR, the field size is long integer and the input mask i have as 00\-00000. In this record i enter the case number of a case which is something like 09CR12345, this field currently displays as 09-12345, i want to change this so that in a report it inputs the CR instead of the dash - can someone help. ?You have a field of type Long Integer (i.e., whole numbers only), and you want to store "CR" in it? "CR" isn't a number?! Why? What will having the CR in there allow you to do? Why? If it will ALWAYS be CR, why do you need to stor...

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

Reporting Services 2000 with CRM
Is it possible to set up reporting services 2000 on a new server, when ther current system we are using has crm 3.0 that currently has reporting services 2005 on the same server and using a sql server 2005 on a seperate server? As long as the other server is a memeber of the same active directory domain. If you are using SBS2003 for CRM, then the other machine for SQL Server 2005 cannot be running its own active directory primary controller. ...

Run macro automatically.

Favorite Reports on Home Page
Is there a way to display one or more of my favorite reports on the home page? In microsoft.public.money, Kane wrote: >Is there a way to display one or more of my favorite reports on the home page? No. The choices you can choose from on the "home" page are fixed. ...

Help with macro/and or formula?

Protected sheets and running macros

change background graphic for all slides
I am working with a .potx file and I would like to change the background image. I did a search in this newsgroup, and found advice in many threads, to change the photo (which I'm able to do), and then to check the box/option that allows you to apply the change to all slides. I cannot see where I am given this choice (to apply the new photo as a background to all slides). I do want to retain all the text that is on top of the photo, just change the background. How, with PPT 2007, can I do this? Hi RIGHT click on a blank area of the slide Format Background > Picture > File...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

opening report from form with variable recordsource
I am opening a report from a form in designview while changing the recordsource. (see code below) This works well, the report opens with the appropriate data source but when I am closing the report wiht the "close" button (print preview toolbar), it opens in design view. This does not happen when I close the report with the "close window" x on the right side of the menu bar? Anybody an idea how to make it work from the close button as well? Me.application.Echo False Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Rpt1010_FinancialOverviewByMonth_Graph" ...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Change default "Show names from the:" option
Clicking the "To:" button in a new Outlook email message brings up the "Select Names" dialog box. This dialog displays the contents of contact databases such as My Outlook Address Book and Global Address List. Is there a way to change the default database selected in the "Show names from the:" line from the current Global Address List to the contacts in my Outlook Address Book? My version of Outlook connects with an Exchange server to acces mail, contacts, etc. Thanks for any suggestions, Kerry You probably meant to post your Outlook version so we coul...

Impossible to change Messenger picture in Windows Live
I have a very annoying problem with the Messenger picture: An old picture (which I no longer want to use) from Windows Live Messenger is still showing up if my contacts click on my Windows Live name in their contact list. This old picture is also the one which shows up if a contact clicks in my name in Messenger when I am not logged in. Whne I am logged in my normal picture is displayed in Messenger. I have tried in vain to change this by adjusting the settings in my Windows Live profile, but it does not seem to work. I really need help! I should add that this old pictu...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Is there functionality to audit changes made to records in CRM 3.0
I'm looking to find out if there's a way to audit the changes made to records such as accounts in CRM 3.0. I'm specifically looking to track who an account was assigned to in the past, when it was assigned, etc. Thanks in advance! Have you Tried the c360 tool http://www.c360.com/Audit.aspx "XMcknight" wrote: > I'm looking to find out if there's a way to audit the changes made to records > such as accounts in CRM 3.0. I'm specifically looking to track who an > account was assigned to in the past, when it was assigned, etc. > > Thanks i...