Usually, the Lot selection screen would pop up when I select a PO at the Line
Detail of the Receivings Entry, now it does not!  And GP will let items post
without a lot number!  It seems as if a setting has changed.  Any ideas
anyone?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

rpatey1 (3)

Are you sure the item is marked to track lots?  This wiould be set item by
item on the Item Maintenance Options window.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"rpatey" wrote:

> Usually, the Lot selection screen would pop up when I select a PO at the Line
> Detail of the Receivings Entry, now it does not!  And GP will let items post
> without a lot number!  It seems as if a setting has changed.  Any ideas
> anyone?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

info4071 (3004)
1/7/2009 7:36:06 PM
rpatey,

The only case that would cause such issue is having the item not tracked by
lot upon creating the purchasing then its changed.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Are you sure the item is marked to track lots?  This wiould be set item by
> item on the Item Maintenance Options window.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "rpatey" wrote:
>
>> Usually, the Lot selection screen would pop up when I select a PO at the
>> Line
>> Detail of the Receivings Entry, now it does not!  And GP will let items
>> post
>> without a lot number!  It seems as if a setting has changed.  Any ideas
>> anyone?
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,

Mohammad

reports-show/hide #2
I'm new to rms and have a couple of questions i hope someone can answer. when i run a report of merchandise, and click to show/hide i am not given an option to show/hide sub-descriptions (i use one for sizes) i really need this ability for reorder purposes. can anyone help me with this? am i doing something wrong? ...

Select Inner.* from nested(outer)-nested(inner) query
Hi, Is it possible to "SELECT *" just the fields of a sub-nested query (i.e., I don't want * of a nested query, but of a nested-nested query)? For example (SELECT Inner.*): ---------------------------- SELECT Inner.* FROM ( SELECT Inner.* , ROW_NUMBER() OVER ( ORDER BY x ) AS ROW FROM ( SELECT x FROM y ) AS Inner WHERE ROW BETWEEN @Start AND @End ) AS Outer ---------------------------- So I want the result to be everything from the sub-nested query (and not the extra fields added in the nes...

Print Receivables Schedule Payments
How can I print the invoice (as in Transaction>>Sales>>TRansaction Entry) of an individual Schedule Payment in Receivables Management? I dont want to print the entire Schedule Invoice used, just a specific invoice (Tools>>Routines>>Sales>>Posted Schedule" Rico: Go to Inquiry>Sales>Transaction by Document or Transaction by Customer. You'll find the invoices in this inquiry window. Highlight the invoice you want print and click on the Document Number link to open the Receivables Transaction. You can print the invoice from there. Frank Hamelly...

Unable to select many options in Toolsbar
I'm using Windows XP and Excel 2003. For example, the option "Share workbook" or "Options" under Tools or "Freeze Panes" under Window are grayed out. I can't select them. How can I correct it? Your help is greatly appreciated. April Is the workbook or worksheet protected? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "yh2665" <yh266515@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1168530506.699522.307380@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > I'm using ...

Lots and lots of outlook.exes
A new condition on my PC has allowed the presence of multiple outlook.exe instances, as verified by Task Manager. Outlook itself does not complain, but any routine that includes the creation of an email message (like Acrobat's File | Email command, or Send To Email, or my database's Send Mail function) will return the generic "The Operation Failed" error. I must close Outlook and manually remove all of the extra instances to clear this error. Sometimes, there will be as many as 15 extra instances running -- it's a miracle that Outlook itself runs normally (seemingl...

MS Money 2002 Stopped Working For Lots of Us... What is Happening Here?
This incident needs immediate adressing by Microsoft...... I think someone or a group of people are trying to access MS Money accounts to obtain account information. My story: While using MS Money 2002, I had a box pop up that said "Important download has been applied to your MS Money. Please close all applications and reboot"....... There was some additional instructions about opening Money as an administrator once the computer was rebooted to apply the patch. Once I did this, Money no longer started. I tried to re-install, but it was futile. I see lots of people have had this pr...

Pivot tables lose of data fields when selecting
Having an issue with setting up pivot tables not to lose certain fields if users de-selects some. For example I have muliple column of data. a, b, c, d, e, f The user de-selects d, e, f; The next time they want to see D, E, F. The go back to the drop down menu and only see Show all, a, b, c. Is there anyway I can always keep them so they can reslect the data? I can go back into the wizard and add them back but that is time consuming and tring to teach that to 30 users is a bit tricky. ...

Need to select top 5 rows
I want to set up a select to get the sum of a value but I only want to sum up the first 5 rows. Example: select sum(x) from tableA where **ROWCOUNT <= 5 order by y Is this possible in VBA/Access?? Example? Thanks Try this --- select TOP 5 sum(x) from tableA order by y; -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "AJ" wrote: > I want to set up a select to get the sum of a value but I only want to sum up > the first 5 rows. > > Example: > > select sum(x) > from tableA > where **ROWCOUNT <= 5 > order by y > > Is this possible in VBA/...

Outlook 2007
Using Outlook 2007 When I send an email, I notice that the status bar on the bottom of the screen states that 3 emails are being sent. It says 'Sending message 3 of 3' when I know only one email is being sent. I usually force each send with the send/receive button, so its not because I have pending emails in the outbox. Does anyone know why this is? Could this be because I manage 3 accounts from Outlook during the send/receive action so it considers How can I get Outlook to show me exactly what is being sent (rather than just looking at the sent box at what h...

set print area from selected range
Hi, I have some code which selected a certain amount of columns depending on whether they contain values or not. Once I have this range set and I select it I want to set this as the print area. I am not quite sure how to do this. for example I tried: rngUnion.Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Address But to no avail. Any help would be gratefully received. Try: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = Selection.address HTH -- AP "Graham Whitehead" <gwhitehead77@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: ut4U27YpGHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP04.ph...

Selection mode problem
I seem to have set Excel 2003 to a particular cell selection mode that I can't seem to turn off. My cursor is the big plus sign and when I click on any cell in a spreadsheet - existing files or even an empty spreadsheet - the selection mode stays active and no matter where I mouse to, the selection keeps expanding. No click, right-click, shift-click, alt-click, or any keyboard command I could think of turns this off. Nothing in the menus seems appropriate, and I can't seem to find anything in the online help on this issue, so I'm obviously confusing some terminology. I ...

PO Posting to Quickbooks
Ok, I am getting close to getting this up and running. One questions is that when I create a PO in RMS and receive the items, does it update the part in Quickbooks as well as it is not happening. All it does is create a Bill in QB for the amount RMS has for the purchase order. All inventory counts should be handled in RMS - it will not update item counts in QB. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that a...

Printing problem when selecting any paper type other than plain pa
I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700. When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill with some color. If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 2,3,4,etc) when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series of 3 lines after the top border. If I click the printer icon numerous times I do not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain paper, I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem...

How do I get my signature to show up in the right color?
When I created my signature, I specified the font color as red and that's how it shows up in Tools:Options:Mail Format:Signature. However, when I go to prepare an email, it shows up in black. How do I fix this? What message format is the message using? It will show in HTML and Rich Text, but not in Plain Text. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Rikesha asked: | When I created my signature, I specified the fo...

Sale of Manufactured Lot Controlled Item did not relieve inventory
GP v9 on SQL 2000 with Manufacturing and Nolan Advanced SOP modules: We created a new lot controlled item then received it into a new lot through an MRC. The inventory when from zero to the 25KG created by the receipt. All on hand was immediately sold through a Sales Order and subsequent invoice. The inventory still shows the 25KG, not zero. The Sales Document, Inventory Transactions and Serial/Lot Trace inquiry screens all show normally (i.e., there is a receipt for 25KG, and a Sale for 25KG, for the lot in question). Transactions flowing to the G/L are normal (i.e. all the ...

Report Menu
I have a report and I want to set up a menu so users can filter using a multi select list box. I have seen some sites that show examples of how to do this, but I have never really learned much about list boxes and how to use them. This is my current set up: I have a report called rptByStatusLocation. It has all of the main record summary information for this application. This has a query called qryRecordByLocationReport. I set a form to this as well and created a list box on the form called LstRecordStatus. The rowsource for this is the same field in the query that is in the...

split lots
Typically, a split receipt is created when the extended cost is not equally divisible by the received quantity. For example from KB 866321, a split receipt is created if you receive a three-pack of item 5015 when the following conditions are true: • The total cost of the shipment is $10.49 • You typed 3-pack as the unit of measure • The base unit of measure is each. Because Microsoft Great Plains cannot equally divide the extended cost ($10.49) by the quantity of three to determine the cost per base unit of measure (each), two purchase receipt layers that have the same receipt number a...

Selected dropdown value pushes to other cells
Am currently working up a workflow checklist with various drop down cells for each task. One column the worksheet is a risk level with Data Validated options of High, Medium, Low or N/A. Other columns indicate item status, action by, etc. What I want to happen is that when someone selects N/A in the risk column (eg E24) the other columns (eg G24, H24 and I24) default to N/A as well otherwise they allow selction from other dropdown lists. Don't have much experience with VB but willing to give it a go if needed. Hi Matthew The following should get you started. I have ass...

Word Attachments showing up unreadable in for recipient
We send a newsletter by email to multiple recipients and some people are unable to read the attachment. The attachment shows up as mixed symbols and letters instead of the document. This only happens with certain end users. Most recipients can read it fine. We have tried sending Plain text and Rich text with the same result. Have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks. ...

Invert selection in List Control
Hi all, I'm trying to invert selection (i.e. select unselected and unselect selected items) in a multiple-selection List Control in report mode. I tried the following void GetTLETab::OnBnClickedButton4() { for( int i = 0; i < c_loadedList.GetItemCount(); i++) { if( c_loadedList.GetItemState( i, LVIS_FOCUSED) == LVIS_FOCUSED) c_loadedList.SetItemState( i, 0, LVIS_FOCUSED); // deselect else c_loadedList.SetItemState( i, LVIS_FOCUSED, LVIS_FOCUSED); // select } } but it doesn't seem to work. When I select something and click the "invert" b...

Send attachment to selected addresses
How can I designate which addressess should receive the attachment when I send an e-mail, rather than sending everyone the attachment? That isn't a configurable option in Outlook "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0c01c3d537$66755930$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I designate which addressess should receive the > attachment when I send an e-mail, rather than sending > everyone the attachment? ...

linking a lot of pages
I searched the questions, but need advice. Background: putting together a cookbook with about 475 recipies divided into 8 sections. My question: How can I link a large, unknown quantity of pages so I can drop each section in from Word? I've added a large number of pages in bookform, and asked Publisher to create my text boxes. Please keep in mind I have no formal training in Publisher. Thanks so much. Are the single recipes going to fit on one page? Are you going to copy all the recipes at once or a section at a time? Are you planning a booklet setup? Create a booklet in page se...

Mortgage doesn't show up in budget
Hello. Although I have tried my best to find the answer to my question in the FAQ and on the web I still cannot find it so I hope that you can answer it here. We just bought our first home (4 months ago) and can't seem to get the mortgage payment to show up in the budget. We have entered the mortgage into the system as a new mortgage account (including payment, interest rate, number of payments, etc). Everything works fine except I can't get the payments to show up in the budget. I've added every category to the budget that I can think of that the mortgage might be under....

How turn off automatic updates for selected files?
I am running a Windows XP computer, and like many others, I am having trouble with the installation of certain Net. Framework files using Windows Automatic Updates. Specifically how can I "tell" the Windows Automatic Updates feature to not list certain Net.Framework files for installation (ones that will not properly install) while Windows Updates continues to function normally with respect to other files? Or to put it another way, is there a way to temporarily list certain files for Windows Updates to ignore, until the problem with those Net. Framework files is fixe...

forcing the user to select a combo value option
Hi All, I have a combo box in my child form which accepts 2 values issue and receipt. I have to ensure that the user selects any one option when he enters values against receiving or issuing the item. Right now if the combo box value is not selected it affects the QOH does not get calculated accordingly. Any suggestion as to how to force the user select an option before saving the transaction. thanks in advance What about setting a default? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "vandy" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a combo box in my child form which acce...