Lost security on modified reports

It appears that access has been lost to modified reports.
I checked security and access to the appropriate modified
reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can
other users.  We work in a Citrix environment and all
users access the forms and reports from the server, not
local workstations.  I have unmarked and marked access and
logged out and back in, but with no luck.  Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74719)

Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security
feature to check that all the security records are
correct, valid and undamaged?

It is worth a try.

PS: You can also use Advanced Security's view by
Alternate, Custom and Modified view to easily see your
customised resources (reports or forms).

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

Citrix machines
>within the Dynamics.set file are pointing to the correct
location on your
>server. Make sure you are using a UNC path and that your
Great Plains folder
>is shared.
>
>"Zach Morgan" wrote:
>
>> It appears that access has been lost to modified
reports.
>> I checked security and access to the appropriate
modified
>> reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can
>> other users.  We work in a Citrix environment and all
>> users access the forms and reports from the server, not
>> local workstations.  I have unmarked and marked access
and
>> logged out and back in, but with no luck.  Any
suggestions?

>.

0
dmusgrav (157)

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

macro security on shared calendars
Hello Exchange gurus, We were on Exchange 2000 SP2, and we use an outlook macro to change the message class of a currently selected meeting in order to apply our custom form. Users operate on several shared calendars with all delegation rights. We just migrate mailboxes to a new server in Exchange 2000 SP3, and the macro doesn't run anymore: when the macro retreive the selected meeting it generates an error. Any explanation to help ? Many Thanks. ...

Send report with subforms via email (.rtf) ?
Hi, The company I work for uses an Access 2003 application that I am familiar with but I did not create myself. We find it useful to be able to email copies of certain reports to customers. Currently, we are able to do this for most reports by opening the report in Print Preview mode. We then right-click on the previewed report and choose Send To => Mail Recipient and choose "RTF" as our desired format. This works great except for one particular report. I believe the problem with this one particular report is that it makes use of two SubForms. When we try to...

Modify code from paste values to change font color / multiple rang
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out modify a code that currently paste values to change the font color to automatic or black and to add multiple ranges (new ranges are E8:E17, E24:E33,E40:E49 and E56:E81) The current code is below and works Great! Thanks to everyone that helped/will help me out!! Sub PVPrImpct() With Range("b48:b74").Offset(, Worksheets( _ "Summary by month MTD").Range("A4") - 1) .Value = .Value End With End Sub Thanks again! I'm not sure if those ranges are before the offset or after... ...

Activiate a report for invoices?
Good day, I duplicated the "SOP Long History Invoice" form, and made a number of modications to the duplicated version.. Now I wish to use this form... How do I go about telling Great Plains to use my version and not the standard version? Using Great Plains 7.5. You must give yourself (and other users) permission to use the modified report. Click on Setup > System > Advanced Security HS "brother52" <brother52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645A1303-B33E-4564-A6BD-6BA9F73F08B4@microsoft.com... > Good day, > > I duplicated the &q...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

How to modify the OWA2K3 login or login page
Just in the inital stages of migration from E5.5 to E3K3. Different browser clients pull up different versions of the login box, some with two authentiation entry spaces and some with three. Hearing that some are confused on what to do and our helpdesk is getting many calls on it. Since there is no login page as with our previous OWA5.5, rather just a logon prompt, we haven't found a way yet to modify the login to allow an initial help type page idiot proofing the login process for our users. One option is to place a web page on a web server with this help text along with the mes...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Sending secure email and attachments?
If I want to send an email with attachment (usually in Word, Excel or Powerpoint) so that it is secure, and so that the attachment can only be opened by someone who knows the "password" that we agree upon, is there a way to do this? I wasn't familiar with an available option in Outlook, or any specific programs or coding that allow for this. Btw, can emails themselves be password protected so that the intended recipient has to enter an agreed upon password, just to read the content of the email (as well as access any attached files included)? If this is possib...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

01/01/1900 in SQL Reporting Services
Hello: In SQL for GP, if you have a blank date, it appears as “01/01/1900 12:00 AM” in SQL Reporting Services. Does anyone know of a way to print a blank date for this 01/01/1900 date in SQL Reporting Services and a “real” date for, well, a real date? childofthe1980s Here is the solution: The solution is that you have to utilize "Edit Expression" of the field rather than using the Format tab to enter the appropriate If, Then statement: =IIF(Fields!Actual_Ship_Date.Value="1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM","",Fields!Actual_Ship_Date.Value) Afterward, you can proc...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

Announcement security
Hi, How do I adjust the security role on announcement readability in CRM? For example, Business Unit A can only view the announcement for business unit A, and they cannot view the announcement of business unit B. Thank you. Joe, Unfortunately, Announcements are global. There is not a way to "filter" them based on Org Unit. Matt "Joe" <joselok@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OvRUxr6eDHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Hi, How do I adjust the security role on announcement readability in CRM? For example, Business Unit A can only view the announceme...

How secure are IRM emails in Outlook 2007
A MS TechNet article named "Use Outlook 2007 to help protect messages" states that: "The reasons to use IRM have little to do with whether an unauthorized person outside the organization-for example, a hacker on the Internet-will intercept the communication. Instead, IRM is used most efficiently when the sender is concerned that the intended recipient will share the information inappropriately." I was under the impression that applying IRM to an outgoing email also encrypted the message. If so, why would microsoft make the above statement? Will Fleenor I believe...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

Sending an Access report to specific email addresses?
Hello, I'm creating an MS Access form for employees to use when reporting errors with our GIS (geographic information systems) data. One option I'd like to add to the form is the ability to automatically email an error report to the GIS personnel so that they instantly know when there's a data error/issue. I've been able to figure out how to make a button that creates an Outlook message with an attachment of the error report, but I'd like for this email message to automatically have two email addresses populated in the "To:" field of Outlook. I'm just not...

Forefront Client Security Update-Installation problem.
Hello, First, sorry about my bad english. My customer has Windows Small Business Server 2003, and I was last week to make installation Microsoft updates to the server. Every other update went just fine, but KB971026 (Update For Microsoft Forefront Client Security) uninstalled the whole FCS-program, and after that it could not re-install FCS to the server. I rebooted the server two times, and tried to install FCS to the server, but no luck. If I just click MP_AMBITS32.MSI-file, the installation will start, but it also will end to error "Service 'Microsoft Forefront C...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

mailbox security rights not autopopulating
When we create new users many mailbox security permissions autopopulate. I created a user earlier and the security has not autopopulated after a couple of hours. What can I check? ...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...

Hyperlink in Crystal Reports opens a new browser window
Hi There! I have created some reports in Crystal Reports 9 for a company running CRM 1.2. Within the reports I can add a hyperlink by selecting “format field” – choosing the “hyperlink” tab – clicking the formula button (x-2) and then inserting the hyperlink in the formula pane. An example is ‘http://crm/sfa/leads/edit.aspx?id=’&{lead.leadid} this will open a lead that is listed in the report. My problem is it opens the lead in the crystal report viewer window. I would like it to open in a new window. I have done some research and found some javascript help, but no examples...