login error #2

we are using gp 10 at our company with sp2 installed ,at one workstation user
had error when he tries to login that:microsoft gp encountered a problem n
needs to be closed sorry for the inconvenince
i removed gp ,reinstalled it with sp,n user could login
but next day he complained of same error,removed it again n reinstalled it
,he could login but next day same error was displayed to him,increased his
ram to 1 gb ,but he still got same error

Sally,

Does the problem happen during login? before login? after login? In your
uninstall and reinstall operations, do you point the client to a form or
reports dictionary located elsewhere? If so, can you leave the path unchaged
after the installation and attempt to launch GP again? This may be a sign of
corrupted reports/forms dictionary that can cause the behaviour your are
describing.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"sally.abdelwahab" wrote:

> we are using gp 10 at our company with sp2 installed ,at one workstation user
> had error when he tries to login that:microsoft gp encountered a problem n
> needs to be closed sorry for the inconvenince
> i removed gp ,reinstalled it with sp,n user could login
> but next day he complained of same error,removed it again n reinstalled it
> ,he could login but next day same error was displayed to him,increased his
> ram to 1 gb ,but he still got same error
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/28/2008 2:30:05 PM
this problem happens before login(after user click at gp shortcut)
after first time i made reinstalation user can log in but he complained that
he cant print so i took reports.dic from other user who is working fine n
inserted it at his pc,can reports.dic be  working fine at one pc n be
corrupted at another pc

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Sally,
>
> Does the problem happen during login? before login? after login? In your
> uninstall and reinstall operations, do you point the client to a form or
> reports dictionary located elsewhere? If so, can you leave the path unchaged
> after the installation and attempt to launch GP again? This may be a sign of
> corrupted reports/forms dictionary that can cause the behaviour your are
> describing.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "sally.abdelwahab" wrote:
>
> > we are using gp 10 at our company with sp2 installed ,at one workstation user
> > had error when he tries to login that:microsoft gp encountered a problem n
> > needs to be closed sorry for the inconvenince
> > i removed gp ,reinstalled it with sp,n user could login
> > but next day he complained of same error,removed it again n reinstalled it
> > ,he could login but next day same error was displayed to him,increased his
> > ram to 1 gb ,but he still got same error

OWA Login #8
I am having a problem with the OWA login. I have it all set up with a slash "\" in the domain field. I can log in with the username and password under Firefox with no problems. But, when I try to use IE, it continues to ask for login information. The username and password is not working. What do I have set wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer me. Jeff Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I am having a problem with the OWA login. I have it all set up with a >slash "\" in the domain field. I can log in with the username and >password u...

"SOAP Server Application Faulted" Error Message
Has anyone seen this message: "ErrorMessage: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied.Source: System.Web.Services" I am trying to create an account using ASP.Net with the following code: Dim myCred As New NetworkCredential("xxxx", "yyyy", "domain") 'strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server Dim strServer As String = "crm01" 'strVirtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM 'virtual directory on the platform Web server Dim strVirtualDirectory As String = "mscrmserv...

Exchange 2003 Domain Seperate from User Login Domain
DomainA = Windows 2000, one domain & DC. Users log into this one DomainB = Windows Server 2003, one domain & DC. Outlook is pointed to this one for mail *This is was setup this way to keep things seperate and to not modify the existing Windows 2000 domain Of course the users have to always type in their password to load up Outlook, because the Exchange domain is different from the domain that they log into Windows with. Besides this annoyance, any other problems that I could run into Thank you ....D Yes, if you have a password expiry policy on your 2003 domain the users may not b...

Migrating Public Folders #2
I have just got involved in a Migration from EX5.5 to EX2003. 1. AD is clean an all accounts have been manually created not migrated. 2. Company has over 12,000 public folders on EX5.5. 3. I need to migrate mailboxes to EX2003 and connect then to the manually created accounts. 4. Migrate the Public Folders whilst keeping the security.! What is the best method to do this. All migrition tools seem to use sid history etc, obviuosly not an optionhere. I have looked at a util called PFADMIN. Does this export security using display name. If so could this be used to re-assign security on the EX2003....

Weird error message
Hi, Have you encountered an error message while sending and receiving emails in Outlook Express. Error: 0x800ccc0000d This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

trial & error
How do I calculate the z factor automatically by trial & error EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com You keep asking about the z factor. What's the z factor? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ <khalid khalid> wrote in message news:200782610734gawarh@hotmail.com... > How do I calculate the z factor automatically by trial & error > > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Error when cut/paste
Every time I try to cut and paste Excel creates an error message an closes down. This has happened several time, although, it only happen in this one file and it doesn't happen all the time with this file. This file is accessed/updated by more than one user on a network. Th network, however, is fine and there are no viruses. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi some questions: - what is the exact error message - is it a shared workbook - do you use something like TerminalServer, etc. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Every time I try to cut and ...

Error message on Treeview
I am getting an error message on my child link on my code it is error: Runtime 35601 element not found when I try to take the form out of design view. any help would ba appreciated! Here is my code: Private Sub CreateSubDivisionNodes() Dim Rst As DAO.Recordset Set Rst = CurrentDb.TableDefs!tblsubdivision.OpenRecordset Rst.MoveFirst Do Until Rst.EOF Me.xSubLineTreeView.Nodes.Add Text:=Rst!subdivisionname, _ key:="SubDiv" & CStr(Rst!SubDivision_ID) Rst.MoveNext Loop Rst.Close Set Rst = Nothing End Sub Private Sub CreateSubLineNodes() Dim Rst As DAO.Re...

Pub2003 file into Pub20007 gets error warning
I have Publisher 2003 file that when I open it in Pub2007 says "there's a problem, if it's from a trusted source...." & so on. I know there's no problem with the file, it was just created in Pub2003 on a different computer! Saving it under a different name in Pub2007 & opening that gets the same error message. How can I get rid of this "problem" warning? BTW I *do not like* the new "improved" *non-customizable* ribbon/toolbar on the other Office 2007 apps. Too many things I don't want on there, takes up too much room, no way to add a but...

rare error when consuming .NET web service from ASP 3.0 using ServerXMLHTTP.4.0
I have been working on this problem for several days, and would greatly appreciate any advice I can receive. We have an ASP page that calls a .NET web service we have developed in C++. When we query the web service directly through the generated ASMX file we get the expected XML response. It always works! However, the same queries under the same conditions from our ASP page will sometimes fail. When it does we get the error... "The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available." We do know that the request can take up to 45 seconds to process, but th...

Business Portal Script Error
I've got Business Portal v1.2 and I have a user trying to add a new page. When he runs the wizard to create the new page, he gets a script error. The error is: A DLL initialization routine failed. http://server/BusinessPortal/UI/ClientCommon/Scripts/mbftreeview.htc He can't finish the wizard. Do I need to re-install something on the server? Thanks, John Does the user have the correct permissions? Click on Site settings and see if the user has te correct permissions. Might be worth adding the page as a user who is a administrator in BP. James "AnytimeAnywhere" <...

STREAM SOCKET checksum error with no returned errors on Server OR Client
Problem: A stream based socket being used to send binary data fails to deliver correct data for the 45th buffer transmitted whose size is 4092 characters. Possibly relevant Details: 0) A semaphore is used on the transmitting side to ensure that only one thread gains access to the open socket. (There are two windows messages that can generate calls to send(), and recv() in this application, but it doesn't appear that they run simultaneously anyway, so the semaphore may be overkill). 1) wsaData.iMaxUdpDg = 65467 (as returned by WSAStartup() ) Not that it should matter...

XML errors in webservice call
I am creating some code that runs in Excel using VSTO. I am trying to get some xml from a webservice, using the following code: GBWPipeline.PipelineService pipeline = new GBWPipeline.PipelineService(); string xml = pipeline.GetOfferSale(OfferSheetId, CustomerId).GetXml(); I get a "There is an error in XML document. (1, 220)" message. If I execute the same method from WebServiceStudio, it works fine (using the same values for the parameters) and returns the xml that I expect (and doesn't complain about any errors). It also works in a normal WinForms application. It is only insid...

Unknown error #4
I keep getting an unknown error when I try to send/receive email in Outlook. I get the following error message: "Task 'http://xxxxxx: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' What do I do? I have run detect and repair many times. I have XP and have tried restore points, but I have never gotten my folders to synchronize and can't use Outlook email! Please help! ...

2 personal folders im Outlook
Hi, I have aksed this before but the answer was lost in a crash! I have re installed Oulook 2003 in Windows XP media centre. I have moved my old pst file across but I have 2 personal folders showing the same emails. In the deafault folder where my psf file sits there is only the 1 file. Any ideas? Can someone remind me what the file name is that holds all my old adress line autofil is. Thanks Mick You have a corrupt profile - create a new one and configure it to use your old .pst file. Never attempt to overwrite a .pst file The N2K file holds all of your autoresolved email addres...

Error in sql server logs
Hi Geiing this error message on multiple sql servers (sql server 2008, 2005) today. No changes from last few months on the sql servers. Message: DESCRIPTION: The login packet used to open the connection is structurally invalid; the connection has been closed. Please contact the vendor of the client library. [CLIENT: XX.XX.XX.XXX] Log Type: Sql server Source: Logon I can not ping the client ip address mentioned in the mail so do not why these error messagesare generating. -- dbdba ontario, canada Talk to your network experts. I would suspect a hacker-attack. -- ...

Factory-Reconditioned Skil 2887-10-RT 18-Volt 2-Tool Cordless Combo Kit
Price:$129.00 Image: http:///image.php?id=B001SNZ6WA Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B001SNZ6WA Includes 18 Volt Cordless 2-Speed 3/8" Drill/Driver - 2887-RT, Cordless Flashlight - 2890, (2) Batteries, 1-Hour Quick Charger, Storage Case ...

Runtime Error #4
When I start Money 2004 I get the following error message: Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\msmoney.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I have installed SP2 and Money worked fine until a few days ago. I have tried both solutions in KB870567, but with no success. When I try to install the latest version of MDAC (2.8), I get an error that it's not compatible and is a part of Windows. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled 2004 and ...

Using IF Statement #2
I have to columns and basically want to say IF B15= any cell in Column A, put an "X" in this cell. If it does not equal a number in columan, leave it blank. I am not sure how to write this statement. I'm trying to verify Journal entry numbers that are posted when i pull them into a spreadsheet from Oracle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks - ClaytonS =IF(ISNA(MATCH(B15,A:A,0)),"","X") -- HTH Bob Phillips "ClaytonS" <cesather@msn.com> wrote in message news:A68DDCF9-A21E-4EB8-A0DD-EF04118E5A60@microsoft.com... > I ha...

fiscal periods #2
Fiscal Periods window should open to show at least 12 fiscal periods, not just 8. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=694e10a1-fd69-4789-8ab8-35d8b8080c6f&d...

Is user login ?
How can I check from service if user is logged to system? ...

How do I change . to : when input in a time sheet by error
Have a time sheet, when entering time if I enter it as 09.30 how can I have the system change this automatically to 09:30 when I enter it? Just change the format from hh.mm to hh:mm -- Gary's Student "geordie" wrote: > Have a time sheet, when entering time if I enter it as 09.30 how can I have > the system change this automatically to 09:30 when I enter it? One trick is to use "Auto Correct". For instance, if you're entering timecards on a Monday, with a large number of time entries, you can *temporarily* change the decimal (period) to the colon using...

MS Money freezes at login
Hi, I've been using MS Money for about 4 years now and I have been using MS Money 2007 for over a year now but suddenly it is freezing every time I try to logon. It takes up about 97-100% of cpu which forces me to close it using task manager. I don't know why it is suddenly acting like this. I have tried reinstalling it with no luck. I normally synchronize my money files with my pocket pc using sbf finance pocket version (since money no longer offers pocket pc synchronization). Recently my pocket pc crashed so I had to reinstall all of its programs and it seems like that is whe...

How to Login
Hi To All, My application is jest create login id and password and store it in a file and using that id and password jest i have to login.For that I created one login dialog box before login iam creating a account means id and password which is storing in a file.It is running and storing in a file which i given as id and password. My problem is when iam using that id and pwd to enter it is taking as string and showing invalid. ...

Index Match Functions #2
Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? oh yeah! http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm UnumProvident User wrote: > Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? > > ...