LIST PRICE VS PRICE LEVELS

For item prices, there is a  need to enter a "list price" and then to go to
the item maintenance screen to enter the actual price. This allows for the
entry of multiple price levels. Most of the time, we do not use multiple
price levels. I would like for there to be an option  which would allow the
list price to default to the actual price. This would save us a lot of data
entry tiime.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=47b7e24f-084f-4dbe-83da-03652ca5ed0f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Functional Level Raising from 2000 mixed mode to 2003
Hello, All clients in domain are XP, except one (Widows2000). I am currently not sure whether XP4 is installed. This client use network shared drives in the domain where it needs to access files. Before doing the FLR, I want to be sure that this client will not be disturbed in any way (SMB signing?). Could someone confirm this? Thanks and best regards. Hubert Hello hretif, Functional levels have effect on DCs, not on client machines and Windows 2000 or Windows XP machines will work also with the higher level. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This postin...

Creating Outlook 2000 Distribution List from "To" contents?
Is there a way to create an MS Outlook 2000 distribution list from the contents of a received e-mail's "To" line? I know right-clicking on an individual allows me to "Add to Contacts." I'd like to highlight multiple (or All) names and be able to add to an existing, or a newly created, Distribution List. How can I do this to avoid manually having to add each name to Contacts, then individually bringing them into a Distribution List? Thanks, Dave ...

Image vs varchar
Is it best to use an image data type or varchar(max) to store a TIF or JPG file? We have some small signature images that we want to store in the database rather than the filesystem. We will be updating via asp.net web page. Thanks. -- David It is best to use VARBINARY(MAX). On SQL Server 2008 you can use FILESTREAM, but for small images probably just VARBINARY(MAX) is fine. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Also note that image has been superseded by varbinary(max) in SQL 2008. If you are using an older version, then you should use image "Plamen R...

mail merge from marketing list
As both a provider of CRM solutions to customers and also a user, i find it absurd that i cannot mail merge from a marketing list. to do this i double my work by using advanced find to search for the list i created, which then saves in 'my view' which then you have to bring up then you can mail merge. it makes for scattered lists, and more confusion all round, especially when the sales team are asked to populate lists. simple - marketing lists need to have the functionality to mail merge from. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to t...

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

PS2007 Hardware vs. Virtualization for Upgrade to x64
We are looking to upgrade our current PS2007 from 32bit to 64bit servers, mainly to increase performance as we have grown in use to the point where we are out growing our current processsing capacity. Of course, our IT group would like to go virtual servers with this, but I've been hearing in forums, blogs and word of mouth that there are performance problems when running Project Server in a virtual environment. Can anyone supply feedback or experiences to indicate whether we should stay away from virtualization altogether? Is it possible to run a mixed environment (redir...

Dynamic Virtual List Control
Hi, The code below displays items in a virtual list control after setting the total count. void CMyDatabasePropPage::OnGetdispinfoList(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { LV_DISPINFO* pDispInfo = (LV_DISPINFO*)pNMHDR; LV_ITEM* pItem= &(pDispInfo)->item; if (pItem->mask & LVIF_TEXT) //valid text buffer? { // then display the appropriate column switch(pItem->iSubItem) { case 0: lstrcpy(pItem->pszText,vCols[0]->ElementAt(pItem->iItem)); break; case 1: lstrcpy(pItem->pszText, vCols[1]->ElementAt(pItem->iItem)); break; case 2: ...

HELP! Pricing matrix for Great Plains 7.5
Hi, I have a problem with the pricing matrix my company uses. Here is the situation: I have 2 kinds of price list. One is net price and the other one is discount price. I use these two prices for the same customer. I have already used "Omniprice" for my pricing matrix. But the problem is everytime I input the item, great plains always askes me password for overide price. For your information, I put password for overide price as my boss doesn't want his employee to be able to change the price during inputting sales order. What solutions I need is: 1. Pricing matrix 2. I do...

Values in List Box
Hello, I have a multi select list box control on a form and I need to return the values of highlighted multi select items. Code With Me.lstExtractRouteMulti For Each varItem In .ItemsSelected If Not IsNull(varItem) Then Debug.Print End If Next End With In this, I need to return the values that are selected in the list box. Using Me.lstExtractRouteMulti.Value returns Null Thanks. Using Me.lstExtractRouteMulti.Value returns Null Yes it does because it is a multi select list box. In the code you posted, yo...

HTML vs. Rich Text...? HELP ME!!!
Hello, I am haveing a problem with one of my worksation's Outlook 2002 Pro system. This certain user can create a message in HTML, but when people recieve the message, it automatically is sent in Rich Text. Now if this user replies to or forwards a message, it arrives in HTML, so the only problem he is having is composing a new message and sending it in HTML. Everyone else in the office can create, send, and recieve HTML composed messages just fine, so it is only this one person's machine. I have attempted to duplicate every setting possible, but still can't figure it...

Fax Numbers in Contacts List
I have both email addresses and fax numbers in my Outlook 2002 Contacts. When I click on the Address Book icon to select an email address for a new message, my contacts list contains not only the email address, but all fax numbers as well. How can I get my Address Book list to contain only email addresses without deleting the fax number from the contact? Rob, you can do one of two things, either move the fax numbers to another heading such as ISDN or TELEX or such, or place the word FAX in front of the number (a much simpler option IMHO). #'s with the FAX word will still autodial ...

Increase the level of documentation for VAT Daybook
VAT Daybook should include in its documentation a list of steps on how to deal with setting up VAT Daybook, where the customer is using a Language/ Country install other than UK. Also increase the level of providing an updated list of VAT Daybook report for other country/region that is not within the GP standard install. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the s...

Task List-Outlook 2000
Hello, I'm not sure if this is possible. I want to remind myself that my passport is going to expire in 5 years. I don't want to rely on getting mail to renew it. Last time my passport expired and it's a real pain to get a new one from scratch. I don't want this task displaying on my task list for the next 5 years. Is there a way to have it display about 2 months prior? I tried the start on option and that doesn't seem to do it. Any suggestions? Should I be doing this as a task? Thanks. jbc Yes, it is a task but for your situation (seeing as how renewing...

New in VS 2008
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB3873.018C5680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I just moved from VS2005 to VS 2008. In VS2005, I can run the page = without building the project. But in VS2008, everytime I run/test a = page, I have to BUILD the whole project first. This is annoying. How can = I run/test a page without building the whole project? Thanks, Danny ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB3873.018C5680 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"...

SFO Address list block
What is the process to disable the warning popup whenever you try a set up a crm appointment from within Outlook 2002 Users are tired of allowing 1,5, or 10 minutes for each use. This usually happens if your admins have made some additional security lockdowns in your organization. The fix is to trust the CRM add-in - there is information on MSDN about how to trust an Outlook add-in. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jim" <jim@kinetic.distillery.com> wrote in message news:etw4HYexFHA.3588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > W...

Refreshing USB list
Hi Is there a way of programmatically forcing a refresh of the list of USB devices attached? We have hardware connected to our pc which we control, but often have to swap one piece of hardware for another, and the USB list does not always recognise the new hardware without pulling out the USB cable. Can i do this in software? TIA Tony Tony wrote: > Hi > > Is there a way of programmatically forcing a refresh of the list of USB > devices attached? > We have hardware connected to our pc which we control, but often have to > swap one piece of hardware for another, an...

Outlook 2003 vs Outlook Express
It seems strange to me that Microsoft would tell you in one place that Outlook is the big brother to Outlook Express and yet cripple it by not allowing Newsgroups to be read directly. The other problem I have found is the security for attachments. System administrators have the ability to set their systems up to cover these options - but the home user who would like to benefit from the extra features that Outlook has is forced to revert to Outlook Express if they want Newsgroups or occasionally recieve EXE files. I also saw at one stage Microsoft claim that Outlook was the better program to...

how to send alerts to multiple person from wss 3.0 site list by ow
how to send alerts to multiple person from wss 3.0 site list by owner ? ------=_NextPart_0001_59C34504 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit These are the steps Browse to the document library or List where the alert needs to be set Click on Actions Click Alerts from the drop down list Configure the Alert as per your requirement Refer the below articles regarding the troubleshooting Alerts http://blogs.technet.com/steve_chen/archive/2009/11/20/alerts-in-sharepoint- troubleshooting-moss-wss.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb897925.aspx ------=_...

Two Top level BU's???
Can you create two top level BU's? Have a client with an existing structure for one business and is starting another unrelated business. Can he create another top level business unit that is separate for the existing business? If yes, how would one do that. We I try to create another bu it always ends up a child of the existing business. There can only be one top level BU "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3514E190-7F41-4104-B924-8721CA727A21@microsoft.com... > Can you create two top level BU's? Have a client with an existing >...

Reporting Hierarchy Based Access level
Hi, Currently the access levels are 1. User 2. Business Unit 3. Parent and Child 3. Organizational. But how to define and access right based on reporting hierarchy. e.g. 1. User A reports to User B 2. User C reports to User D User A and User C belong to Business Unit BU1 User B and User D belong to Business Unit BU2 BU1 if the child Business Unit of BU2. How to prevent User D from viewing recods created by User A and allow him only to view records created by User C? ...

OWA Blocked Senders List limit
My boss is out of town using OWA to check his e-mail. He received a message and did the usual. He right clicks on the message and attempts to add the sender to the "blocked senders list". He then receives the following message, "An error occurred processing your junk e-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on your server. Contact your server administrator." That would be me. I'd appreciate any help here. I don't know of any limits on the junk e-mail list. I plead for a solution. Thank you, Andy ...

Removing Folders From Folder List
Can you help !! I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP-2 I have reorganized my folders and now have a problem with my folder list. I have removed an old archive folder, and can not now remove this from the folder list. I had problems prior to this with this folder, as outlook would not let me close is. Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Exporting HyperV vs. snapshots
Hello, I'd like to think of a good way of backing up my hyperV so that I can easily put it on another server at a moment's notice. I'd like to automate exports or snapshots. I've never had to put a hyperV session on another server. What is better to do and why please? Hi Boe, also here one of the possible solutions would be, to use powershell and the command-let library on codeplex (free). The Hyper-V powershell library is a very powerfull extension and a good base for automation installations :-) Here is in addition some good articles around this...

how do i create a find function for an excel drop list?
I have a program that i have written in exel that has become to large to manage. i need to be able to select my drop down list and be able to enter the first character of the item that i trying to find and have excel return for me closest match You cannot. Sorry if this is bad news. You may want to consider moving over to Access...which does this automatically. **************** Anne Troy www.piersontech.com www.mrexcel.com "RC" <RC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3DA0FE8-AB9E-4295-B3AF-69693BAF2850@microsoft.com... > I have a program that i have writ...