Link RM to SOP

The payments in RM will only update RM. It will not be able to go back to the
document in SOP.

A quick overview of the SOP cash receipt process looks like you cannot
easily apply payments to more than 1 invoice at a time. This is likely why we
are using the RM module. The 2 modules should easily bring the information
together seemlessly.

This counters against a total ERP system... the modules should be integrated
thus that each module knows what's happened in the other.
--
Steve Laurenzano
K-Rain Mfg

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a5ba9ea5-fca6-4841-b10f-d264fb643746&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Steve3367 (861)

NO, the modules integrate properly.  SOP posts it's receivable to RM like it
is supposed to.  The "payments" in SOP are actually deposits or prepayments
(depending on which you use) taken  with the order.  When several RM invoices
give a customer a  balance due and the customer pays, they might pay specific
invoices (postings from SOP) or they might just pay "on Account" and apply
the money to the balance.  When you apply payments in AR, if you are tracking
RM using the open item form, you can apply the payments to the proper RM
invoice (generated from one SOP invoice)

The integration is proper and meets GAAP standards.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Steve" wrote:

> The payments in RM will only update RM. It will not be able to go back to the
> document in SOP.
>
> A quick overview of the SOP cash receipt process looks like you cannot
> easily apply payments to more than 1 invoice at a time. This is likely why we
> are using the RM module. The 2 modules should easily bring the information
> together seemlessly.
>
> This counters against a total ERP system... the modules should be integrated
> thus that each module knows what's happened in the other.
> --
> Steve Laurenzano
> K-Rain Mfg
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a5ba9ea5-fca6-4841-b10f-d264fb643746&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
info4071 (3004)
6/29/2007 12:34:01 AM
Perhaps I was not clear: Here is the entire thread from MS support regarding
the issue we are running into:

I am reviewing discounts and payments and have noticed that the SOP module
appears to not be updating when payments are applied. Why would this not be
updated?

The payments in RM will only update RM. It will not be able to go back to
the document in SOP. However, if you have noted the payments in SOP, a cash
receipt document will flow to RM. This is how the system is designed;
documents can only flow from SOP to RM and not the other way around.

This is the reason why payments that you made in RM will not update SOP
invoices.

Another reason is that when SOP documents flow to RM, they are already moved
to the historical tables. Historical in data in SOP cannot be altered thus;
RM payment documents cannot update SOP Invoices.

--
SteveLZO

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> NO, the modules integrate properly.  SOP posts it's receivable to RM like it
> is supposed to.  The "payments" in SOP are actually deposits or prepayments
> (depending on which you use) taken  with the order.  When several RM invoices
> give a customer a  balance due and the customer pays, they might pay specific
> invoices (postings from SOP) or they might just pay "on Account" and apply
> the money to the balance.  When you apply payments in AR, if you are tracking
> RM using the open item form, you can apply the payments to the proper RM
> invoice (generated from one SOP invoice)
>
> The integration is proper and meets GAAP standards.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > The payments in RM will only update RM. It will not be able to go back to the
> > document in SOP.
> >
> > A quick overview of the SOP cash receipt process looks like you cannot
> > easily apply payments to more than 1 invoice at a time. This is likely why we
> > are using the RM module. The 2 modules should easily bring the information
> > together seemlessly.
> >
> > This counters against a total ERP system... the modules should be integrated
> > thus that each module knows what's happened in the other.
> > --
> > Steve Laurenzano
> > K-Rain Mfg
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a5ba9ea5-fca6-4841-b10f-d264fb643746&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Steve3367 (861)
6/29/2007 12:56:06 PM
Steve,

Your issue is not clear to me.
In GP, You can apply a payment to any number of invoices, and there are ways
to link the sales and payment documents together.

Perhaps the way your transactions flow and business processes do not fit the
process designed into GP.
If that is the case, you will have to change your process to suit GP or
customize GP.

Can you explain the problem with an example showing  where you are having
this issue?

HS

> [...]
>> > why we
>> > are using the RM module. The 2 modules should easily bring the
>> > information
>> > together seemlessly.
>> >
>> > This counters against a total ERP system... the modules should be
>> > integrated
>> > thus that each module knows what's happened in the other.
>> > --
>> > Steve Laurenzano
>> > K-Rain Mfg
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

HSalim (1270)
6/29/2007 1:37:12 PM
Simply this:

The SOP Invoice does not show the amount of applied payments or discounts
taken from the RM module.

--
SteveLZO

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Your issue is not clear to me.
> In GP, You can apply a payment to any number of invoices, and there are ways
> to link the sales and payment documents together.
>
> Perhaps the way your transactions flow and business processes do not fit the
> process designed into GP.
> If that is the case, you will have to change your process to suit GP or
> customize GP.
>
> Can you explain the problem with an example showing  where you are having
> this issue?
>
> HS
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Perhaps I was not clear: Here is the entire thread from MS support
> > regarding
> > the issue we are running into:
> >
> > I am reviewing discounts and payments and have noticed that the SOP module
> > appears to not be updating when payments are applied. Why would this not
> > be
> > updated?

> > The payments in RM will only update RM. It will not be able to go back to
> > the document in SOP. However, if you have noted the payments in SOP, a
> > cash
> > receipt document will flow to RM. This is how the system is designed;
> > documents can only flow from SOP to RM and not the other way around.
> >
> > This is the reason why payments that you made in RM will not update SOP
> > invoices.
> >
> > Another reason is that when SOP documents flow to RM, they are already
> > moved
> > to the historical tables. Historical in data in SOP cannot be altered
> > thus;
> > RM payment documents cannot update SOP Invoices.
> >

> > --
> > SteveLZO
> >

> > "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> >
> >> NO, the modules integrate properly.  SOP posts it's receivable to RM like
> >> it
> >> is supposed to.  The "payments" in SOP are actually deposits or
> >> prepayments
> >> (depending on which you use) taken  with the order.  When several RM
> >> invoices
> >> give a customer a  balance due and the customer pays, they might pay
> >> specific
> >> invoices (postings from SOP) or they might just pay "on Account" and
> >> apply
> >> the money to the balance.  When you apply payments in AR, if you are
> >> tracking
> >> RM using the open item form, you can apply the payments to the proper RM
> >> invoice (generated from one SOP invoice)
> >>
> >> The integration is proper and meets GAAP standards.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard L. Whaley
> >> Author / Consultant / MVP
> >> Documentation for Software Users
> >>
> >> Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> >> http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
Steve3367 (861)
6/29/2007 4:18:02 PM
That is easy.  Create your own invoice format in Crystal or SSRS that shows
this info.

> Simply this:
>
> The SOP Invoice does not show the amount of applied payments or discounts
> taken from the RM module.
>
> --
> SteveLZO
>

> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> Your issue is not clear to me.
>> In GP, You can apply a payment to any number of invoices, and there are
>> ways
>> to link the sales and payment documents together.
>>
>> Perhaps the way your transactions flow and business processes do not fit
>> the
>> process designed into GP.
>> If that is the case, you will have to change your process to suit GP or
>> customize GP.
>>
>> Can you explain the problem with an example showing  where you are having
>> this issue?
>>
>> HS
>>

>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Perhaps I was not clear: Here is the entire thread from MS support
>> > regarding
>> > the issue we are running into:
>> >
>> > I am reviewing discounts and payments and have noticed that the SOP
>> > module
>> > appears to not be updating when payments are applied. Why would this
>> > not
>> > be
>> > updated?
>> >
>> > --------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> > The payments in RM will only update RM. It will not be able to go back
>> > the document in SOP. However, if you have noted the payments in SOP, a
>> > cash
>> > receipt document will flow to RM. This is how the system is designed;
>> > documents can only flow from SOP to RM and not the other way around.
>> >
>> > This is the reason why payments that you made in RM will not update SOP
>> > invoices.
>> >
>> > Another reason is that when SOP documents flow to RM, they are already
>> > moved
>> > to the historical tables. Historical in data in SOP cannot be altered
>> > thus;
>> > RM payment documents cannot update SOP Invoices.
>> >

>> > --
>> > SteveLZO

0
HSalim (1270)
6/29/2007 4:57:29 PM
I'm not looking for a management report... I am looking for the customer
service people to have access to all the information that they can on one
screen.

They use SOP all day long. There are fields right there that show invoice
status.
The RM module does not update these fields.

This is supposed to be an ERP system. That means integration of
functionality between modules. This does not exist in this case. It should. I
am running into this kind of thing through the system. There are many cases
where information
should be linked in the system and it is not.

--
SteveLZO

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> That is easy.  Create your own invoice format in Crystal or SSRS that shows
> this info.
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Simply this:
> >
> > The SOP Invoice does not show the amount of applied payments or discounts
> > taken from the RM module.
> >
> > --
> > SteveLZO
> >

> > "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Steve,
> >>
> >> Your issue is not clear to me.
> >> In GP, You can apply a payment to any number of invoices, and there are
> >> ways
> >> to link the sales and payment documents together.
> >>
> >> Perhaps the way your transactions flow and business processes do not fit
> >> the
> >> process designed into GP.
> >> If that is the case, you will have to change your process to suit GP or
> >> customize GP.
> >>
> >> Can you explain the problem with an example showing  where you are having
> >> this issue?
> >>
> >> HS
> >>

> >> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Steve3367 (861)
7/2/2007 12:26:05 PM
Steve....SOP Feeds payment info TO RM ....RM does NOT feed information back
to SOP.   If you invoice a sale and then in RM apply a payment, it is from RM
that you need to inquire and find the application.

If you are entering a sales transaction and posting a deposit, this
information is linked from SOP to the SOP and you can write invoices in
Crystal that will reflect the payment balance.

However. An ERP system means Enterprise Resource Planning, not economic
anything.  It has to do with the planning of inventory to satisfy the demands
of the customers.

Once again.....In 38 years of doing this, I dont see anything missing here.

You mentioned Customer Service staff checking the status of an invoice.  Are
your payments entered via SOP deposits or via RMA?  If they are entered via
RM, then you need to allow customer service people (or more specifically, the
customer service team in accounting) access to RM records applied to sales
invoices from WITHIN RM.  RM is an accounting team function and most firms do
NOT want sales teams to have direct RM access.

Repeating an earlier question?  Exactly what in specific terms do you want
to see on one screen?

--

"Steve" wrote:

> I'm not looking for a management report... I am looking for the customer
> service people to have access to all the information that they can on one
> screen.
>
> They use SOP all day long. There are fields right there that show invoice
> status.
> The RM module does not update these fields.
>
> This is supposed to be an ERP system. That means integration of
> functionality between modules. This does not exist in this case. It should. I
> am running into this kind of thing through the system. There are many cases
> where information
> should be linked in the system and it is not.
>

> --
> SteveLZO
>

> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
> > That is easy.  Create your own invoice format in Crystal or SSRS that shows
> > this info.
> >

> > "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Simply this:
> > >
> > > The SOP Invoice does not show the amount of applied payments or discounts
> > > taken from the RM module.
> > >
> > > --
> > > SteveLZO

0
info4071 (3004)
7/3/2007 1:40:00 AM
Got it.  Yes, it would be nice to see that.
As you rightly point out, there are many areas where this sort of cross-flow
of information would be really useful.
- it would save you a couple of clicks , and just the fact it is all on one
screen makes it so much easier to handle.

Every software user wants the software to be just a little different, a
little better (that could be said about any commercially designed product).
Programmers and software designers are always coming up with improvements
and often have to make compromises, implementing one idea, dropping another
and postponing a third for a future version.

Which is why customization tools are so useful.  They let you extend the
product in the way you want.
If you own Modifier, you can add these fields to the screens yourself with
just a little VBA.

If enough people vote on your suggestion, you might find it appearing in a
future version.

Regards
HS

> I'm not looking for a management report... I am looking for the customer
> service people to have access to all the information that they can on one
> screen.
>
> They use SOP all day long. There are fields right there that show invoice
> status.
> The RM module does not update these fields.
>
> This is supposed to be an ERP system. That means integration of
> functionality between modules. This does not exist in this case. It
> should. I
> am running into this kind of thing through the system. There are many
> cases
> where information
> should be linked in the system and it is not.
>

> --
> SteveLZO
>

> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
>> That is easy.  Create your own invoice format in Crystal or SSRS that
>> shows
>> this info.
>>

>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Simply this:
>> >
>> > The SOP Invoice does not show the amount of applied payments or
>> > discounts
>> > taken from the RM module.
>> >
>> > --
>> > SteveLZO

0
HSalim (1270)

Change link between form and subform

Econnect 9 Delete an SOP line
We are using a vb.net 2005 to try and initiate a call to delete a Line Item. We have the code functioning to insert just fine. Currently we are using the following to try and delete: Dim SalesOrder As New SOPTransactionType Dim SalesLine As New taSopLineDelete With SalesLine .SOPTYPE = 2 .SOPNUMBE = CommitedQuoteSONumber .ITEMNMBR = QIOrderItemManufacturingCode .DeleteType = 1 End With SalesOrder.taSopLineDelete = SalesLine ReDim Preserve eConnect.SOPTransactionType(0) eConnect.SOPTransactionType(0) = SalesOrder We are getting the error saying taSOPLineDelete ...

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Sales Return Quantities Entry in SOP: Returns
We use SOP to process returns. When we initially create the return, we indicate "Return" in the Sales Return Quantities Entry (via Quantities Returned field). Then our warehouse checks out the returned merchandise to determine if it has been damaged, etc. However, when we go back into the Return document, the Sales Return Quantities Entry does not open again to allow a change from "Returned" to "Damaged." Any suggestions? Thanks, Have you looked at inventory item transfer entries, using the "Quantity Type" button? You should be able to transfer ...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

Use Tax Schedule on Item for SOP
I need the item tax schedule to be used to calculate tax. The problem I am having is that the tax schedule is different for different types of products. So and example is that customer A purchases product line 1 - the tax should be tax schedule 1, if customer A purchases product line 2, then the tax should come from the item and use tax schedule 2. It looks like the only time the schedule will calculate tax is when the shipping address has the same matching tax schedule as the item. Any suggestions. If you don't have too many permutations, GP will do this. The scheme used is c...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

Sharepoint Linked Table
Hi! I just inherited an Access 2003 database which has a linked table to Sharepoint (dbo_...) without any problem. When you view the actual table from Sharepoint it only has 5 fields, but in Access 2003 have 12 fields. It gets updated without any issue. We are in the process of converting to Access 2007 and the linked table is different from Access 2003. Most of the columns are dropped. Would anyone know how I can keep the same exact column layout (# of columns) as in 2003? This is necessary, because in the code, the linked table updates the local table. Also, we must leave as is, beca...

Help with links in one worksheet please
Hi I have made up a worksheet that will work out all my takings & expenses for the week. I have then made a totals sheet which I would like to add up all the Weekly totals for the year. I have done all the links from the Weekly sheet to the totals sheet and they all work fine. As I will have 52 weeks how do I copy the links I have made for week one (with the relevant changes for that weekly sheet) in the totals sheet? I hope you can understand this Any web sites that may help? Thanks for looking Derek One way is to make a list of your sheet names in col A and use or a modifi...

A Linking Problem
Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10). These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is E2:E10). If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values. After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5 display values from rows below (in the Source file). I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused). If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste Special dialog. Thanks. Hi PA Yo...

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

Linking
Hi all, i have a basic doubt regarding Static Linking and Dynamic Linking. if i have a dll used in a VC application by adding the dll header and making reference to the dll in the libraries, is it can be called as static linking? if i have a vc application which uses a dll by loading it using LoadLibrary API, is this only can be called as Dynamic linking? is Load-Time Dynamic Linking i.e., using API LoadLibrary is only Dynamic linking or even Runtime Dynamic Linking ( adding the header into the project and making a reference to the dll in the libraries property ) is also a kind of Dyn...

SOP Type Code for Fullfillment Order
I have some Crystal Reports that I use these SOP Type codes and was wondering about the Fullfillment Order? SOP Type Codes 1 – Quote 2 – Order 3 – Invoice 4 – Return 5 – Backorder ? – Fullfillment Order It is, unsuprisingly, 6. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "tstrop" <tstrop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55D6E542-B240-4F1A-9CBE-E66CB4E1CD81@microsoft.com... >I have some Crystal Reports that I use these SOP Type codes and was >wondering > about the Fullfillm...