Line Item comments in SOP Transaction in Sales Line Item Smartlist

The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...)
seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text
rather than line item comment text entered in Sales Item detail entry
screen. Seems illogical to me. It should pick comment text from Line
item details rather than transaction level comments.

Any Ideas?

0
ReachSamit (35)

What version?  It seems fine in 8.0.

VG

"Samit" wrote:

> The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...)
> seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text
> rather than line item comment text entered in Sales Item detail entry
> screen. Seems illogical to me. It should pick comment text from Line
> item details rather than transaction level comments.
>
> Any Ideas?

0
VGrinam (75)

Item Class Setup does not roll down changes to all the items inclued in a class
I am using Gp 10 SP4 with SQL 2005 SP2 Whenever I try to make any change in my item Class setup; by updating the account number and try to save it while GP gives a warning message and asks for roll down the change to apply to all the items included in that class. Guess what ? The system roll downs to only first few and then exits without making any further change, hence leaving no option but to make the change manually which a hard long laborious job. I wonder why it would do that and if there is any fix or root cause for this bug ? Regards, ...

Find when this many unique items have been replaced?
I have a list of items we've replaced. Some of them have been replaced several times; others may not have ever been replaced at all. I need to know when a certain number of unique items have been replaced. I'm thinking I can do it with a column of all the unique item numbers. In the next column is a formula (COUNTIF ??) that will return something if that item number shows up in the replacements list. Then another formula counts the number of returns and flags me when I reach a specific target number. Is there a better way to handle this? Or does that look like the best way to go...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Outlook 2003: How to catch the Delete right-click event in Task List Items.
I would like to catch the delete event in right-click or in the command-toolbar button. Is it possible to catch the event in a VBscript on a custom form? Thanks ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Outlook 2002 recover deleted items not working
Outlook 2002 "recover deleted items" not working when I access Tools, Recover deleted items. As soon as the deleted items show, an error message pops up saying that microsoft outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. The system is a Dell GX260 Optiplex running Windows 2000 Service Pack 3. I've installed Outlook 2002 service pack 1, still no luck. I've installed Outlook 2002 service pack 2, still no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2002, sitll no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

cannot open this item in this reading pane
I emailed a couple of task to another computer from outlook and when they delivered to the othe email box I got the following message Cannotopen this type attachment please open to read, but when I click to open the email I get the message cannot open this type of attachment Are you sending a .pub? Do you have Publisher on the other computer. Only Publisher can open Publisher files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Nse16" <Nse16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AB1682A-12B4-4123-8BE...

Calculated Item overrides "Show Items with no data" checkbox
I've seen this question asked before, but I haven't seen an adequate answer, so I figured I'd try to ask it again to see if there are any fresh ideas on it: Take an example where you've got raw data of orders that contains the following fields Region City Product Total Sales $ You create a pivot table With Region & City as the Row Fields, Product as the Column Field and Total Sales $ as the data. This works fine. Now if you try to add a calculated item, say the difference in sales of Product A and Product B, the whole pivot blows up and you get every city appearing in ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

transaction screen component
Does anyone know where (which data) contain transaction screen information? How to modify or customize transaction screen from backend? Thanks ...

Notes Field on Item Label
I would like to print the item notes field on a label. This is not an option from the field list. I was looking to see if I could use one of the additional fields listed (sub 1-3 are in use). Listed in the available fields from the label designer are detail field 1-3. What are these and where are they located in the db? Ideally, I would like to print the notes field on the label. If that is not possible I was wondering if anyone know what those detail fields are. I am not looking for a Crystal Reports solution at this time. Ari, We have an application called RITE Label that allows...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Outlook express - Sent Items
I have been unable to delete my "sent" e-mails - I've tried all different ways to delete - therefore, they have accumulated and now my "sent items" will not display - Can anyone help me with this problem - 1) getting my sent items to display 2) deleting my sent items Thanks alot. Kelley ...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

Option to allow SOP overshipments
In many manufacturing businesses, you are allowed to ship a certain percentage over the order quantity. Great Plains does not allow this. This should be an option, probably on the SOP setup, orders and invoices screens. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

BACK ORDERS: Quantity options cannot exceed total item quantity
For some, but not all, Back Orders when we try to move the quantity from Qty to Invoice to Qty to Order we get the message: "Quantity options cannot exceed total item quantity. Please enter a new quantity." All the Qty fields are then set to 0 but when we check SOP10200 the quantities were moved to QTYTBAOR (Qty to Back Order) - which we can't see in Sales Transaction Entry. We need to move the quantities directly in the table from QTYTBAOR to QTYTORDR before we can transfer the document. There are enough Available Quantities and we need to move to Order in order to al...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

View Active/Inactive Item by Store at HQ Database
Is there anyway to view Active/Inactive Item Listing of each store at Hq Level? i look into ItemDynamic table but there is no Inactive Field No. The list should be identical at all stores. If it's not, here's how to make it so: Issue a WS250 for ALL ITEMS. Then issue another WS250 with a Filter of Inactive = YES. That should make the inactive list at the stores the same as the inactive list at HQ--which is how it should be. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "MJay" wrote: > Is there anyway to view Active/Inactive Item Listing of each store at Hq Level? > i lo...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

Taking Items off sale
Can anybody tell me how to take items off sale? For example, i can use the wizard to put items on sale for a timescale, and then set the price etc, but after the sale date has expired, even though the item will stop selling at the sale price, the item is on sale box is still ticked.... is there a way i can take all items in a given filter off sale?? I posted a similar question back in July. I never got any response. I ended up using a query. I am using HQ and one of my office staff mistakenly issued a worksheet that set all items to 'On sale' with a sale price of $0.00 and ...

Transact SQL teaser
Hi Gurus! I need your immediate help with a brainteaser… My problem: I need a setbased SQL for loading a Data warehouse. I have a dataflow with many rows per category. These rows should be grouped per date interval and ID and category. min (from_date) and max (to_date) should be delivered as in the result below. I can easily handle this with a cursor, but that’s to slow… What would you suggest? Best, Jocke The example: ID Category from_date to_date 1691789 43 2004-09-01 00:00:00.000 2005-03-01 00:00:00.000 1691789 43 2005-03-01 00:00:00.000 2005-09-01 ...