Limit user access on customer/vendor?

is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors?
something like account level security, but on customer/vendor.

0
HFLo (288)

Hi HFLo,

No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since
no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW
LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security
setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security.

In short GP dosent have this feature.

AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory
items at site level etc.......

why they did not include in Dynamics? when its already running in AXAPTA.

You need to use third party tools to achieve this.

Hope This Helps,
Regards

"HFLo" wrote:

> is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors?
> something like account level security, but on customer/vendor.

0
Akram1 (98)
7/11/2007 5:04:00 AM
On Jul 11, 8:04 am, Akram <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi HFLo,
>
> No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since
> no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW
> LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security
> setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security.
>
> In short GP dosent have this feature.
>
> AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory
> items at site level etc.......
>
> why they did not include in Dynamics? when its already running in AXAPTA.
>
> You need to use third party tools to achieve this.
>
> Hope This Helps,
> Regards
>

> "HFLo" wrote:
> > is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors?
> > something like account level security, but on customer/vendor.- Hide quoted text -

Hello Akram
Which third party you are using?

======================
Best Regards
Monzer Osama
www.Gp4Arab.com

0
info2256 (101)
7/12/2007 6:10:15 AM
I want to know that too.

"Monzer Osama" wrote:

> On Jul 11, 8:04 am, Akram <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi HFLo,
> >
> > No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since
> > no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW
> > LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security
> > setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security.
> >
> > In short GP dosent have this feature.
> >
> > AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory
> > items at site level etc.......
> >
> > why they did not include in Dynamics? when its already running in AXAPTA.
> >
> > You need to use third party tools to achieve this.
> >
> > Hope This Helps,
> > Regards
> >

> > "HFLo" wrote:
> > > is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors?
> > > something like account level security, but on customer/vendor.- Hide quoted text -

> Hello Akram
> Which third party you are using?
>

> ======================
> Best Regards
> Monzer Osama
> www.Gp4Arab.com

0
KT (80)
7/12/2007 7:24:03 AM
You could use Binary Stream's Multi-Facility product to restrict access as
well.
--
Lorren
Consulting Technology Lead

The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of
WennSoft.

"HFLo" wrote:

> is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors?
> something like account level security, but on customer/vendor.

0
zman (81)
7/12/2007 7:50:01 PM
"why they did not include in Dynamics? when its already running in AXAPTA."

While I see row level security as a good thing, you can't just a feature
from one application and plop it into another.  Dynamics GP & Dynamics AX
use 2 entirely different toolsets and so it's not trivial to port features
like this.

patrick
developer support

"Akram" <Akram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi HFLo,
>
> No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security,
> since
> no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no
> ROW
> LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this
> security
> setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security.
>
> In short GP dosent have this feature.
>
> AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors,
> inventory
> items at site level etc.......
>
> why they did not include in Dynamics? when its already running in AXAPTA.
>
> You need to use third party tools to achieve this.
>
> Hope This Helps,
> Regards
>

> "HFLo" wrote:
>
>> is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors?
>> something like account level security, but on customer/vendor.

0
prot1 (1345)
7/13/2007 2:48:17 AM
I have written a Row Level Filtering "proof of concept" demo which works with
the sample company.  It is not available for sale or use in a live company,
but can demostrate that it is possible to code Row Level Filtering with
Dexterity.

If you are interested, please get your MBS partner to email me at the
address below (remove the online. first).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"HFLo" wrote:

> is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors?
> something like account level security, but on customer/vendor.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Unable to create new exchnage users
Hi, I am having a problem creating two individual mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server. We went live with Exchange in June with no problems and every new user that has started with the company has been set up successfully. On Tuesday I had a strange case where and employee had been off on long term sick returned to work. I re-enabled his account in AD and then went to create his exchange mailbox it seemed to work OK, however the recipient update service didn't create the mailbox/mail addresses. Due to other issues (someone cutting a fibre optic link) the problem got put on the ba...

Attaching a particular user defined function to cust button
Hello All Quick question can I attach a user defined function from Personal workbook to a customized button, I know I can right mouse click the button and assign macro but the list does not include functions. Probably doing something v wrong help would be much appreciated TIA Ajay Ajay, Why are you using a function? Functions return a result to the caller, so even if you could assign it, no-one would see the answer. A button is better served to run a routine (macro, sub) that does things, like colour cells, etc. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "...

Table of Contents in an Access Report
I have a report in Access that has 33 sections and I would like to create a Table of Contents to show the start page number of each new section. Is this possible? If so could someone please provide details as to how it can be done? Thanks Samantha Not a simple task, but here's Microsoft's suggestion on how it can be done: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210269 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Sam" <samcan...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

create automessages if user leaves the company
Hi I have the following problem. There is a user which temporary leaves the company and come back to an unspecified date. All mails which sent to this user are forwarded to an other user who take the taks in absence of him. In behalf of security the user is disabled, that means a rule or "out of office assistent" doesn't work to inform customers that this user come back on an unspecified date and the other take his tasks. Is there a possipility to configure an automatic out of office and keep the possipility to forward the mails to the other user in exchange 2k3 ? Thanks...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

User Access Error!
It works yesterday well with the CRM, but today the system shows the following error: The logged on user is either not a Microsoft CRM user, is disabled in the system, has not been assigned any security roles, or has not been assigned a license. Error details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. It already verifies and everything seems to be well but I cannot enter nor like administrator. That I can do? Thanks! Can you start up the deployment manager? In that case, you should try to add a new user. This user should be member of the 'System administrator...

stored procedure for vendor master
I am looking at creating a stored procedure which when called using the below parameters will create a vendor in Great Plains .The values come from either the parameters below or from the EMPLOYEE class. I would like the stored procedure to populate the fields below. It would be very helpful if someone had an example of this kind of SP that I could start with. For example the SPROC should receive: Vendor ID (Required) Vendname (Required) VendClass(Required) AddressID Primary (Required) All address lines except country (Optional) All phones (Optional) Payment Terms (Optional) Ve...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Access Expression builder
Hello, I have created a database. I have a table for Work Orders and a table for Techs that are assigned the various work orders. I have a report that shows the work order and has a field from the Techs table that shows the tech assigned to the work order. Currently i have =[First Name] & " " & [Last Name]. It has been brought to my attention that sometimes work orders have 2-3 techs assigned to the one work order. I need to know how I can create an expression in the report that would look for a specific work order number and display all the techs assign...

Multiple Logon Sessions
Hi, one of our users is consistently unable to connect to the exchange server on our Network (Exchange 2003). In the status bar on the bottom right, the message is "disocnnected." Trying to reconnect does not work. He is using Outlook 2003. What seems to be happening is that there are too many logon sessions open at the same time, and thus he is not able to connect. When we restart the Information Store service on the Exchange Server, he is able to connect again. Sometimes this stays for a while, but today all sessions came back within a matter of an hour. Does anyone know wha...

Rollup 1 and Custom Add On's (MS-CRM Word)
I have the Word anf GroupCalender from MS-CRM Addons. Will the Rollup1 affect these? Thanks, Lloyd Hello Lloyd, No. The Rollup will not affect GroupCalendar or WordMailMerge. Regards, Christian Ternek _________________________ www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! WordMailMerge for MS CRM GroupCalendar for MS CRM Telephone Integration for MS CRM EmailSignature for MS CRM > I have the Word anf GroupCalender from MS-CRM Addons. Will the Rollup1 > affect these? > > Thanks, Lloyd > Temptus has WordConnect as full Office integration with Microsoft CRM 3.0...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Custom Signature
I've posed this question a number of ways and cannot get an answer... I've scanned my signature to a jpg file on my desktop. I then go to tools... mail format, then signatures. From this point I do not know how to proceed. I've read replies suggesting "inline HTML" and referrals other things but no instructions. Hoping for help. Maurice <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've posed this question a number of ways and cannot get an answer... > I've scanned my signature to a jpg file on my desktop. I then go to > tools... mail for...

Transfer User Security and Files to new machine?
Win2003 Enterprise. I am replacing a server's hardware. The new server will have the same configuration in terms of users and files (data disk) but the system files / OS will be a fresh build. The environment is a Workgroup with no AD or domains. Users currently have access to certain folders and shares. Is there some way to bring this to the new server? I can physically copy files or I can actually install the old data drive in the new machine, but I realize this won't bring the user ID's over... or actually might with ID's I can't use. Is there a better sol...

Two computers in office used by same user...problems
Seems that my boss insists on using two separate offices and keeps both signed in with multiple items in Outlook all day long. The NK2 file seems to change between the two of them and many times he doesn't have the same contact information simultaneously on both machines. He is very tired of this and so am I??? I would be willing to purchase software to take care of this problem if necessary...I just need to know where to start to keep information identical between the logins on 2 different computers...thanks! Dear Jeannie, i am not sure if this is going to help you, but i think you n...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Access migration to mySQL or SQL?
Group. Have a probelm. I have a database which is holding at 1.5Gb right now, Access can still handle it. This was a prototype which is holding 10% of existing data. Normally I would migrate directly to SQL, but costwise it may not be an option in a very long term, therefore I need an internediate solution. I normally start in Access and jump to SQL, is there anything else in between? I can continue using access as my frontend, but I need a database to store 15Gb of data. I've heard about mySQL, but never used it, would that be an option? any ideas? Thank you! Diego Have you looke...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Propagate the same user for multiple folders in Outlook
Hello, I have a user that has the following folder structure in his Outlook mailbox: Folder1 |------------Folder2 |------------Folder3 |------------Folder4 |--------------Folder5 and so on. I need to share Folder1 and all its subfolders (ie: the entire folder structure) with another user. I am able to set the appropiate permissions by hand and the other Outlook user can see these folders OK, but my question is: Can I set a user and permissions on Folder1 and make them propagte thru the entire structure? The source user has a folder structure of over 60 folders, a...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

linking Access data to calendar
I've got a small Access database which holds client information about services they use with our company. Some of these services have to be renewed annually and it would be great if I when I enter in the database that a client has paid for a service, that a renewal reminder could be added into my Outlook calendar for a year later. Is this possible, if so can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do it please? Using Office 2003. (Also have small business server and exchange if needed) Thanks Vix Nothing like that is built in. You'd have to build or buy it. See = htt...

Users on a network
I need some vba code to list the names of computers and/or users currentlylogged on a network. Can anyone point me in the right direction pleaseAlex Paradigm wrote:> I need some vba code to list the names of computers and/or users currently> logged on a network. Can anyone point me in the right direction please> Alex> > Check the code found below:http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm-- Smartin I need to list all the users on the network not just the one on the computerrunning the code.Alec"Smartin" <smartin108@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:%23WXZ2CrYHHA.45...

Locking the User In
Does anyone have any suggestions on locking the user into an application so that they only go where you want them to (more or less, they do have some choices!) Is there a way to map it out on paper? Whats the easiest way to do this without getting lost or confused as I'm doing this. Any suggestions welcomed! Thanks DS What you are talking about is a Modal Application and the industry pretty mush left those behind when we left DOS. Object Oriented Event Driven software (such as Access) is very non modal and IMHO much easier for the user to learn. What is happening in your applicat...