Life Insurance table in HR module

Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates?
For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is
monthly. So when it is $0.25 / 1000 per month that is $0.577 /1000 per week
and the system ONLY allows 2 decimal places.
Anyone worked around this?

--
Mark
VA

Yes, allow three decimal places for deductions.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Mark" wrote:

> Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates?
> For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is
> monthly. So when it is $0.25 / 1000 per month that is $0.577 /1000 per week
> and the system ONLY allows 2 decimal places.
> Anyone worked around this?
>
> --
> Mark
> VA
0
callen (2505)
1/29/2008 9:02:01 PM
If you can't change the number of decimals, then simply make the life
insurance $5.77 per 10,000. I call it the decimal dance - if you test
it out, it works out to the same amount as you are only moving the
decimals artound in the amounts used for the calculation.

--
Lyle U

Mark wrote:

> Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance
> Rates?  For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life
> insurance rate is monthly. So when it is $0.25 / 1000 per month that
> is $0.577 /1000 per week and the system ONLY allows 2 decimal places.
> Anyone worked around this?
0
lyleu (305)

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

ADV: Free games for life
Hi. I have just finished putting together a guide that can show you how to get free games and software for life! Included, I also give you all the software you need on a CD-ROM to be able to do this. 20$ plus shipping. For more information please e-mail free_game_info@sympatico.ca to be removed, please e-mail hugh-g-rection1972@yahoo.com ...

What table is the sub-account description in?
Hi, I am working on a report and one of the fields that I need to access for details is our department codes which is the 4th segment in our account number. Does someone know which table the 4th segment number as well as the 4th segment description is in?? Thanks so much! Dawn Dawn, I think it is GL40200. There will be a segment number field in there as well as the description. Thanks. Girish "Dawn" wrote: > Hi, > I am working on a report and one of the fields that I need to access for > details is our department codes which is the 4th segment in our account > ...

Pivot Table
Hi, In Excel 2007, how do I source a pivot table from another pivot table in the same workbook? In Excel 2003 it had a function in the wizard to do this but in 2007 it doesn't seem to. Thanks, David. Hi David I think you probably mean creating another PT based upon the same source data - which reduces file size. It depends on the route you take to create a PT. If you choose Insert tab>Pivot Table than it will treat the source as being different each time. If you choose Insert tab>Table than form Table Tools>Summarise with Pivot Table, you can create a number of PT's al...

Excel 2007 Pivot Table Formatting Refresh
I know this has been asked everywhere, but there does not seem to be a defentive answer. Can you help? 1. I have a Pivot Table with formatting (Fills, Borders, Number Format). I also have specific row heights. When I refresh, the row heights and SOME cell fills are lost. 2. How can you hide "(Blank)" columns? ...

More than one Table
I have an Old table TABLE 1 in an application which has a check fields CHK1, CHK2 in it. I have recently upgraded the application so that the check field are now a series of records in a sub-form TABLE 2. QUESTION I want to increment through TABLE 1 one record at a time, then run a conditional statement to see if CHK1, CHK2 is yes in each respective check field and if it is I want to open TABLE 2 and add record to TABLE 2 so that reflects the respective CHKn. My question is can 2 recordsets be open simultaneously and if so how do I swap between the 2 so that my VBA applic...

Look up table?
I am sure this is simple, but I dont know how to achieve it I have 2 drop down lists the produce values 1-3 each and a table A B C 1 500 550 600 2 450 500 550 3 400 450 500 How do I get the value at the intersection of the row/coloum, so if the drop downs come up with 1 & b the answer should be $550 Thanks >I have 2 drop down lists the produce values 1-3 each >if the drop downs come up with 1 & b If both drop downs have selections of 1,2 3 then how can the drop down...

very important for your life...
very important for your life... Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you though...

import nultilinkage sql table into excel
hi all, Again i have problem to import my sql table from Excel 2002. I intend to import few joining table and expected a data from the joining table as a result into my excel file. How can i do that ? Using Import external data, i only can import one by one all my sql table without any linkage for each of the tables. Kindly please advice. -- masita On Mar 5, 5:02 am, "Masita" <masi...@johordt.com> wrote: > hi all, > > Again i have problem to import my sql table from Excel 2002. > I intend to import few joining table and expected a data from the joining >...

Using a query versus a table for the look up wizard
Hello, I have a field which I would like to use the lookup wizard for to generate a drop down list for the user to select from. My question is whether my databse would run faster if I used: a query from an already established table as the values for the lookup wizard, or to build a new table to hold the information for the lookup wizard to use. I think you'll find few of us recommend the use of the Lookup Wizard. Lookup fields only have a place in tables, and your users should never be working directly with the tables. Create a form, and use a combo box on the form. (See http...

hr:0x80040005
Messenger couldn't install because we had trouble installing this requirement: *Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime Check to be sure you are connected with the Internet. You cannot download Windows Live programs unless you are connected to the Internet. hr:0x80040005" i use xp sp3, help me plz, blessing Greetings, More than likely you have the necessary runtime already installed with another application. Finding out exactly why this is erroring out will require a lot more work. As such, if you just want to bypass this and install Messenger right now, you can do so manua...

Life Insurance Over $50,000
Currently, Microsoft Support and I cannot find a solution for setting up company paid Life Insurance over $50,000. The law requires employees that receive a life insurance benefit over $50,000 to be taxed on the amount over $50,000 based on age and tax rates provided by the IRS. In Dynamics, we would like to use the Benefits Enrollment to show the benefit to the employee for the amount of coverage and also post to the General Ledger. We have come up with setting up two plans but then it does not show the coverage to be correct due to the fact of enrolling the employee in one plan at ...

Tables #3
Does anyone know what the ESI_Location_XREF table is or what product it is associated with? Sue, The ESI_Location_XREF table (ESI Location Cross-Reference, dbo.ESI40300) is a part of vSync's EDI for Dynamics -- the SOP portion. You can find more information about vSync's products at http://www.vsync.com Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Sue" wrote: > Does anyone know what the ESI_Location_XREF table is or what p...

In Excel 2000, How can I change the order in a pivot table?
I am having problems changing the order of my pivot table. The "Drop Column Fields here" is date related and I grouped that area by month. I can change the chart data series order, save the file, close the file, then reopen it and the changes go back to the default view before the series order in the chart changed. I have another co-worker that has Office 2003 and it does not happen to her. It retains the information as she saved it. Is it a glitch in Excel 2000? ...

Pivot table unavailable on worksheet
I have a workbook with 2 sheets both with a 2 dimension tables on each(without blank row or cols). On sheet1 the Pivot table is not available(dimmed out), in other words I cannot greate a Pivot table based on this data. While sheet2 Pivot tables works find. Anyone seen this before? What causes it? Regards johnb The first place I'd look is Tools|Protect. See if the worksheet is protected. johnb wrote: > > I have a workbook with 2 sheets both with a 2 dimension > tables on each(without blank row or cols). On sheet1 the > Pivot table is not available(dimmed out), in othe...

Table #2
I have a list of accounts payable with the name (in column A) and the due date (in column B) and the amount (in column C). I want to re-create this, sorted by name (in column A) and the due dates at the top of each column, with the amount placed in the cell which intersects with the name and the date. I have an example as a simple attachment if you can tell me how to display it. Does this sound like I should use a Pivot Table, or a Macro, or can you please provide me some help. Regards.. Try Data > Filter > Autofilter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "sbs" <sbs56@hotmail....

How do you normalize a table?
I've been user of Access 2003 for a while and am ok using databases but somehow lack practical knowledge when it comes to redesigning or normalizing existing database and hope someone can guide me step-by-step. I'm trying to redesign our dog training club membership database. Out membership is based on household but we have only one set of handler name, mobile (cell) phone and email fields in our enrolment form and such was the case with our database Member Table. Soon we noticed people putting multiple names, mobile numbers and emails so we added second set of handler ...

Font Size Issues in linked tables
Hi. I have some tables in excel that I want to put into word and publisher documents. I encounter the same prob everytime... when the tables are linked in word or publisher.... the words/characters (ie. space between each character within words) seem to be unevenly spaced. As an excercise of interest I went into MS WORD... went INSERT/OBJECT/EXCEL WORKSHEET. Typed in some words in 8pt times new roman... clicked back into the word document. Same problem! Please help! Cheers! Hi Muppet The on-screen layout of Excel objects embedded in Word documents often don't behave in a truly w...

Which query created the table?
Is there an easy way to find it out what query created a specific table, by builtin functions, tables or code? Thanks! Right click on the table name and choose Object Dependencies. You will have to turn name autocorrect on for this feature to work. It will prompt you if necessary. "muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176488931.145451.244790@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Is there an easy way to find it out what query created a specific > table, by builtin functions, tables or code? > > Thanks! > I'm not aware of such a 'back-...

problems of my life(about Vista folder)
[image: http://www.kevinscrate.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/winxp_tips_music.gif] when &#305; was using Xp , my folder look like up.But i was getting Vista my folder looks like down [image: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8127/folderzs5.jpg] the problem : I have a lot of music folder but my music folder's icon look like (picture 2.) I want to my music folder look like picture 1. I didnt solve this problem for a year... please help me...I want to my music folder thumbnail art... &#305; want to add album cover on music folder but looks like picture 1... ...

Life after connector
I an effort to stop errors, I set my hotmail to pop. Should I uninstall the Outlook Connector? Thanks. -- Horsepower http://forums.slipstick.com "Horsepower" <Horsepower.4900k2@invalid> wrote in message news:Horsepower.4900k2@invalid... > I an effort to stop errors, I set my hotmail to pop. Should I uninstall > the Outlook Connector? Thanks. If you don't intend to access Hotmail with it, then it wouldn't hurt to uninstall it, but the only thing you lose with it installed is a little disk space. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] &...

Pivot Table questions #2
I have several questions about a pivot table I am constructing. 1. Is there a way to have a column reference a cell with data instead of using the drop downs? example - first column in table is part number, instead of using the drop down to search for parts is it possible to reference cell A1 where a part number would be typed by the user. 2. Is there a way to lock a table so the columns can not be added or removed? 3. I do not have anything in the data items or column fields sections, is there a way to remove these sections? Thanks ...

change a table to 3 columns only (Rows instead of Table)
Hi, I am looking forward to your inputs, I have a table, here is a sample: Dept1 Dept2 Dept3 Dept4 Div1 1 2 3 4 Div2 5 6 7 8 Div3 9 10 11 12 How can I change the above table to 3 columns only (Rows instead of Table): Div1 Dept1 1 Div1 Dept2 2 Div1 Dept3 3 Div1 Dept4 4 Div2 Dept1 5 Div2 Dept2 6 Div2 Dept3 7 Div2 Dept4 8 Div3 Dept1 9 Div3 Dept2 10 Div3 Dept3 11 Div3 Dept4 12 The table I have is huge, doing the above manually will be very time consuming. Thanks Mo Hi see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mo wrote: ...

setting up tax tables in RMS
I have a client who has special tax needs. $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25 $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75 $3201- and above is taxed at 7% so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would I set this up in RMS? Help! Thanks Andrea Andrea, Create 3 Sales Taxes. Sales Tax 1 Minimum Taxable Amount = None Maximum Taxable Amount = $1,600.99 Tax Rate = %9.25 Sales Tax 2 Minimum Taxable Amount = $1,601.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = $3,200.99 Tax Rate = %9.75 Sales Tax 3 Minimum Taxable Amount = $3,201.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = None Tax Rate = %7 Assign all of these taxes to one...

Additional SmartLists for HR
In one of the HR video presentations Ben Corwin (or Dan Doolin) shows a SmartList line called Additional Smartlists. Under that tab are some HR (Human Resources) related SmartLists. I would like to find out if those 'Additional SmartLists' were created with SmartList Builder or if they are supposed to be available with a standard implementation of HR or Advanced HR. I've installed HR and Advanced HR at a client site and do not see any Additional SmartLists that deal with Certification and Licensing, Health and Wellness reporting, etc. The client has SmartList Builder - but...