Lengthening the EFT XML Tag

Whihc toll should I use to lengthen the XML tag field in GP?

We have the SDK Tools kit.

Thanks!
Donnette

0
donnettes (2)

Xml Serializing subclass problem
Hi guys. I've come across a problem when I tried to serialize a class into xml, only to discover that the parent class's XML Serialization properties weren't included in the output xml. Actually, the class I'm serializing is two steps down in the inheritance ladder. It's got a parent class which also has a parent class :( All those classes in the hierarchy are Xml Serializable, and I'd think that it should be obvious that all attributes/properties of the parents should be serialized for any given subclass, no ? Here's the two classes, subclass first, parent class...

How do I convert a string to XML string
I need to convert a text string ("Dewey & Cheatham & Howe") to an XML encoded string ("Dewey & Cheatham & Howe"). I am not building an XML document, I am just trying to convert a single string. I have looked at the System.Xml namespace, but I can't quite find what I need. XmlTextWriter.WriteString() does the type of encoding I need, but it writes the string. I just want it to return the encoded string. Can someone tell me the class and method I need? Thanks. ********************************************************************** Sent via Fu...

Root element in XML designer and .xsd'd
Forgive a newbie question. I'm learning the .NET XML environment. In the walkthrough on using XML designer to create an xsd, there is no discussion of the root element of the target xml document. I realize that the namespace specifying the xsd is an attribute of the root element of an xml document conforming to the xsd, so is logically outside the xsd. I built a simple schema, then added an XML document, added a root element to the document, and specified an xmlns attribute to link in the schema. The correct schema is shown in the document property, and intellisense shows the eleme...

Changing PO XML
I am using RMS1.2. I wanted to change the Purchase Order XML to rearrange the PO line fields. I made the changes and saved the report. After the change I set the read-only flag again. I had used a regular text editor for the change and saved the change to the original file name. However when I want to print my PO I get an error message that I don't use a correct XML report. Is there something "special" I need to do to make the change and save my file? The message probably said something to the effect that the XML document is not well formed. That means you have a syn...

SETTING UP AN EFT PROCESS
i want to take advantage of our bank's "Integrated Disbursement Servicess" and I believe using "EFT" will do this. This service allows me to generate a file to transmit to our bank and they either issue an ACH transaction or print a check and mail it for us. The transaction file needs to have the same informaiton as our current check stub. I would like to talk to someone that is already doing this. Thanks -- RON COX ...

Parsing XML #2
Hi, I am parsing a XML string (see code below) by loading into XMLDocument and selecting certain node (Result) and loop through it. Instead of using item(), is there a way to get the element value by name? Also, is there a way to using the XmlTextReader to move to Search/Result and then loop though each node? XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load(new System.IO.StringReader(xmlResponse)); XmlNodeList nodeList = doc.SelectNodes("Search/Result"); foreach (XmlNode node in nodeList) { string dbID = node.ChildNodes.Item(0).InnerText; .... Thanks FxCop will flag...

EFT vendors should not be pulled into regular check batches.
An EFT vendor payment batch has to be created prior to creating a regular check batch (each time). Check batches should never pull in any EFT vendors for payments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

DataGrid, sort numeric column after parsing xml
I parsed a xml file to a DataGrid. Now i'd like to sort a column with numeric values. I figured out that everything is sorted as a string value. How can i sort this column as a numeric value. Found some examples with Google, but nothing works for me. Anthony. Anthony wrote: > I parsed a xml file to a DataGrid. > Now i'd like to sort a column with numeric values. > > I figured out that everything is sorted as a string value. > How can i sort this column as a numeric value. Are you using a DataSet and ReadXml()? The right approach is to define an ...

XML performance in .net?
Hi there Anyone know how fast for XML performance when I use dataset to save and read data from XML file? my client need those answers. Thanks in advance Sandra sandra wrote: > Anyone know how fast for XML performance when I use dataset to save and read > data from XML file? my client need those answers. Basically DataSet is not the fastest XML API, actually that's not XML API altogether. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, XmlInsider] http://blog.tkachenko.com ...

How do you remove an eft record from the eft file generation
Wrong vendor used for invoice and eft. After discover both invoice and payment were voided. The invoice was re-entered using the correct vendor code and payment was made by manual check. The eft record is still in the file gereation, how do I correctly remove the record - keeping in mind I need a paper trail for the auditors. Can you just delete it from the ACH file, adjust the totals, and write a memo? -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 &qu...

EFT File regeneration
We have a situation where the EFT for Payables file only added the two header records to the EFT file even though there are vendors to be paid. Is there way to regenerate the EFT file w/o having to void the original documents and reselect them for EFT payment? This is GP 9. ...

Report Writer output file for BACS
Need output file for NAT WEST / RBS Bankline. Any advise on "payment amount" formatting. Result needs to be 12n.2n Every else OK. Using (RW_Padzero - currency_string 12 2 2 ). Can't quite get formattting right. Any help appreciated. ...

EFT Table List
Does anyone know where I can get a list of the tables and fields used by EFT for Receivables? Thanks in advance Russ Worth In GP - Tools->Resource Descriptions->Tables Product = EFT for Receivables management Series = Sales There is one table in the System series. You can print this to a txt file and clean it up in Excel for a nice reference if you need these tables a lot. Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) On Aug 14, 10:12 am, Russ Worth <RussWo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know where I can get a list of the tables and fields used by EFT > for Rece...

Xml versioning
Hi Everyone, How do people handle adding of new optional elements and attributes to their xml schemas when transferring xml between systems? At the moment we just add optional elements/attributes, upgrade the client systems and we havn't had any problems. Until now. We found out that both systems need the same version otherwise the importing system doesn't recognise the new elements/attributes and the xml schema validation fails. To get around this I was thinking of doing something like: string ErrorMessageResString = GetXmlSchemaExceptionResString(e.Exception); if (ErrorMessa...

IMF Updates and UceContentFilter.xml
When I install an IMF update, it creates a new subdirectory under the MSCFV2 directory. Because I'm using customized content filtering, my understanding is that I must manually copy my MsExchangeUceContentFilter.xml file to the new directory, and then manually run 'regsvr32' to register the new MsExchangeUceContentFilter.dll file. Has anyone written a script to automate this process? Or is Microsoft considering automating this process when a new verion of IMF is installed? -- Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP] "The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long" ...

PM EFT vs. European EFT in GP10
Hello all, In previous versions of GP, when we have set up customers for EFT, we have done the following: - Enable "DDR and European Electronic Funds Transfer" in Company Options; - Set a file output path in Posting Options for the EFT Payment Register; - Used Report Writer to modify the PM EFT Payment Register to make it look like a BACS file. All of which worked a treat, despite feeling like a bit of a workaround. With the release of GP 10, it's not gone unnoticed that the core EFT features have been beefed up somewhat, allowing the file format to be created through the UI,...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away --reveiw program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

XML Datei schreiben
Hallo, wie kann ich so eine Datei unter .Net schreiben C++ oder C#. Bitte mit Funktionsaufrufen. Vielen Dank. Gr��e Andrea <Product> <ProgramNumber>2</ProgramNumber> <ProductNumber>598</ProductNumber> <CreatePanelCode>true</CreatePanelCode> <Length>378</Length> <Width>175</Width> <Thickness>2</Thickness> <AfterRunning>1</AfterRunning> <HandingOverSpeed>100</HandingOverSpeed> <Comment>Original pcb with no read</Comment> <OffsetStopper&g...

About xml namespace.

EFT Payables Message
How do I disable EFT capabilities permanently? I am using Mekorma to print checks and keep getting the message "You have installed Electronic Funds Transfer capabilities but have not setup this checkbook for EFT. All payments will be paid by regular check." The DYNAMICS.SET file can be edited to remove entries for third-party products from loading so that Great Plains can launch without any other products also trying to launch. To edit the file, follow these steps:1. Make a backup of the DYNAMICS.SET file in the local Microsoft Great Plains folder. Note The DYNAMICS.SET f...

How to append records in exist XMl file?
Greetings I want to append records in a XML file,I use XMLTextWriter,but i found it only create a XML file,not append records in exist XML file.why? ------------------------------------------------- XmlTextWriter myXmlTextWrite = new XmlTextWriter(@"C:\myconfig.xml"); myXmlTextWrite.WriteStartDocument(); myXmlTextWrite.WriteStartElement("Record"); myXmlTextWrite.WriteStartElement("Topic"); myXmlTextWrite.WriteString(XMLTopic); myXmlTextWrite.WriteEndElement(); myXmlTextWrite.WriteEndElement(); //end Record myXmlTextWrite.WriteEndDocument(); myXmlTextWrite.Flush(...

Xml validation against xsd #2

[Announce] Release 3 of Altova 2007 XML product line
[Announce:] Altova=AE is pleased to announce general availability of Release 3 of its Version 2007 XML product line. Just a few of the many new features include: * Support for working with Open XML data in Microsoft=AE Office 2007 documents in XMLSpy * Extended database functionality across the product line * CSS editing in XMLSpy * Table of contents (TOC) support in StyleVision * And much more More info and screenshots are available at http://www.altova.com/whatsnew.h= tml. Download a free trial at http://www.altova.com/download.html . ...

SchemaLocation within Xml payload and WSDL.exe
Is there anyway to cleanly model or even add the schema location - i.e. xsi:schemaLocation="http://myns.com http://myns.com/myshema location" - to a class that has been generated via wsdl.exe? I am running into a potential maintanance issue where I gen a .net proxy class via wsdl.exe but the receiving web service is expecting the schema location attribute within the payload but I dont have it cause the schema did not define it. ...

How do I lengthen my newsletter in publisher
I am trying to start an e-mail newsletter and have thus far been restricted to one page of content. I know there has to be ways to make it longer but am not sure how. Does anyone know how to do this? I have tried adding a page but it will not transfer when I send it as an e-mail it only sends the page I am currently working on. Thank you for your help. On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:36:01 +0100, Ray T wrote (in article <97448EFA-361E-4F64-9070-E620823A0924@microsoft.com>): > I am trying to start an e-mail newsletter and have thus far been restricted > to one page of content. I kn...