Latin American and US Upgrade

We are getting ready to upgrade to Dynamics 10.  We run both Latin American
companies and US companies on the same Dynamics database.  Is there anything
special that needs to be done in order to upgrade these companies?  For
example, should we install a US client with the latest service pack, upgrade
all companies except the Latin American companies, then install the Latin
American client with the matching Latin American service pack and upgrade the
remaining Latin American companies?

Or, can we upgrade all of the companies with the US client and then install
the LA client with the matching service pack and not have to run the LA
Dynamics-Utilities.  The LA client is currently installed on a separate
server so there is not the issue of the service packs "walking over" each
other.

Anyone's immediate assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon Morin
0
Morinic1 (6)

Unicode Basic Latin and Latin-1 coverage of Western Europe
What gaps would there be in the coverage of Western European languages that would not be included in Unicode Basic Latin and Latin-1 ? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:vCr_i.2768$gd3.2472@newsfe18.lga... > What gaps would there be in the coverage of Western European languages > that would not be included in Unicode Basic Latin and Latin-1 ? The Greek alphabet. Euro currency. "Norman Diamond" <ndiamond@community.nospam> wrote in message news:e0KsXwmJIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > "Peter Olcott"...

Authenticating Office Upgrade
My Upgrade version of Office:Mac 2004 requires a previous install or=20 requests a CD of a qualifying previous version in order to run any of = the=20 suite of applicaions. My new G4 PB has not got a previous install, and = I have=20 lost the previous qualifying version (Office:Mac 2001), although I have = the=20 CD Product Key and Product ID (and original packaging) and also = registered=20 the 2001 version. Is there any way to activate the upgrade with the = "proof=20 of purchase" I do have, or will I have to purchase the more costly full = version as a non-upgrade user? If ...

American Express Download Problems.. Anyone?
As of 2/11/06 i am not getting transactions from American Express (blue). The Summary recent downloads states: "Microsoft Money could not update your account: Please try to update your account again. If the problem persists, contact support". Is there a service down? Is anyone else having this problem with Amex? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thx. It was up for a day or two for me, this morning it says "You have no accounts there." I downloaded my transaction files and it worked fine, which even that didn't work a day or two ago. If you want t...

problem upgrading file 2001 to 2002
I transferred a money 2001.mny file from my desktop with windows 98se to my new laptop with windows xp. I loaded money 2002 and am trying to update the file and I keep getting an error saying that money can't locate the file or that the file is "read only" file or I don't have permission to change it or that the disk drive is write protected. I check the files properties and it is not write protected. What gives???? Yes, I still keep getting the same error. "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:eTME1JlWDHA.1480@tk2msftn...

Upgrading Server 2008 core to 2008 R2 core?
How can I upgrade Windows Server 2008 Core (32 bit) to Windows Server 2008 R2 Core (32 bit)? I'm using for it study purposes but I can't find a 32 bit ISO for R2 so have installed plain old Server 2008, I have the 64 bit version installed on another machine but I need versions to match. Any help with command line would help as I'm just starting out. TIA, Jason Windows Server 2008 R2 (32 bit) does not exist in any edition. Windows Server 2008 R2 is only available in 64-bit technology. "Jazsnap" <spamspamspam@spanishinquisition.co.uk> wrote in messa...

Graph Object colors after 2007 upgrade
We have a critical Access 2003 application that we are gradually phasing out as we move to a Reporting Services/BI implemtation. We would like to continue to use the 2003 application until the above transition is accomplished, but we wiould also like to install Office 2007 products such as Excel. When the new Excel is installed, graph object colors in the old Access 2003 application change. Is there any workaround for this? ...

2004 Upgrade
I currently have Money 2003 Deluxe/Small Business, which runs very slow. Can I upgrade to 2004 Deluxe without the small business part, since I don't use it? Will my data transfer ok? Yes, you can upgrade at any time. However, you will find Money 2004 is not faster than 2003. It is essentially the same code. I went from 2002 to 2004, and all I got was the ability to once again synchronize Money with MSN Money. 2002 would not synchronize for 2 years. 2004 synchronizes, but won't carry CASH positions in accounts to MSN. Everything else is pretty much the same. Save your money. JMHO ...

Upgrade purchase for plus
Do I have to buy the full upgrade every year or is there an upgrade option? For full price every year it would be easier to swallow if there were some signifigant updates instead of being signifigantly in the hole for the cost of the application and the time cost of dealing with BS upgrade issues. The former. But it's not like the "full upgrade" is like buying a new Office Pro license vs. an Upgrade or anything. (Heck, you can buy 8 or 10 Office Pro Upgrades for the price of a "full upgrade" Money license.) Agreed re. the value of the upgrade measured in terms o...

Upgrade 9 SP3 to 10 SP4
Ok so I installed 9 SP3, backed up, and then tried to install 10. Dynamics upgrades just fine, but then when it gets to the next screen where it updates the companies there are no companies to update. Since this is the case, my upgrade is stuck right here. I have a support incident in with Microsoft, but if I don't find an answer within an hour I'm going to be forced to roll them back so the customer can work the second half of the day. Anyone have any ideas? ...

source of mock latin for dummy layouts
I need precisely spaced mock verbage for sample layouts of brochures, newsletters, etc. In examples MS Publisher uses a "mock latin" to show copy flow without meaning, but I've not found a source to download this "language." Any suggestions for source? http://www.lipsum.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bfox" <bfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:315AE30B-BE50-4DB2-AAE3-6581B8F2F725@microsoft.com... >I need precisely spaced mock verbage for sample la...

Missing US Holidays
My calendar is not showing any holidays. Outlook says they are loaded, and I have even reloaded them again, but still nothing on the calendar views. You need to go to the outlook site on microsoft and get the new holidays. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=7d4d9017-8d4e-4963-8ba7-d2e91d491f5e The ones that come with the system end in 2002. It doesn't come up with the automatic upload and it doesn't prompt you for it. The patch will give you them through 2007 - but be careful. If you do it more than once, you're going to have more tha...

XP Upgrade and Publisher 2000/Office 2000 SBE
I have recently upgraded a computer of Windows XP and have experienced an unusual problem with Publisher 2000 which is installed from Disk 2 of Office 2000 SBE. Everytime I start Publisher, it asks for disk 2 and starts an install of publisher. I have even uninstalled Disk 2 and reinstalled with no luck. Can anyone help? Allen PUB2000: Windows Installer Runs Every Time You Start Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827811&Product=pub2000 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "A...

upgrade question #2
I recently bought a mac book and with it purchased office mac 2004, I was told by the retailer that I would be able to get the upgrade for no cost from microsoft since the purchase date is so close to the new release. I am wondering if this is true or if I should return it to the retailer and wait for the 2008 edition. If this is a dumb question please forgive me, I am new to computers... Thank you in advance, Wes In article <30414d3d-b6ae-4834-805f-d2ee8969595e@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, wj.nelson@hotmail.com wrote: > I recently bought a mac book and with it purchased offi...

American Express Transaction Download
Does anyone know of a process similar to like Quickbooks or Microsoft Money or Quicken in which you can download American Express or Visa credit card transactions into Dynamics GP and record a/p transactions. Thanks Joel I've had people download the data and then use Integration Manager to upload it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joel Rodencal" wrote: > Does anyone know of a process similar to like Quickbooks or Microsoft Money > or Quicken in which you can download American Express or Visa credit card > transactions into Dynamics GP and record a/p transactions. ...

MS Publisher upgrades
I have MS Publisher 98 in Windows 98 operating system. Can I install MS Office 2000, containing MS Publisher 2000 in a windows 98 environment?. What upgrades to Publisher 98 will allow me to open downloads from Publisher 2000?. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Isaac Ponte <igsinternational@yahoo.com>... > Can I install MS Office 2000, containing MS Publisher 2000 > in a windows 98 environment?. Yes. > What upgrades to Publisher 98 will allow me to open > downloads from Publisher 2000?. You cannot. But Publisher 2000 can save ...

damage to MacOffice 2004 from upgrades
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I tried to upgrade Mac Office 2004 yesterday with down-loadable upgrades from Mactopia. Several attempts were unsuccessful because I did not have the prior upgrades needed. One upgrade was &quot;successful&quot; - it took place. Howwever, in the process of installing this upgrade PowerPoint disapeared - it is nowhere to be found, Word will not launch &quot;because of a shared library error. &quot;>Microsoft Word> <> <> <>&quot; I get the same error message for Excel....

Upgrade from 97 to 2000
Our computers have just been upgraded from Win NT '97/Access 97 to XP/Access 2000. When I access the Database, I don't get a conversion request (Which is what I expected), but a very old version of the files (June 2003). I suspect someone has previously "converted" it without my knowledge. When I open with '97 it's OK - All files and forms are up to date, but open with 2000 and everything is old! I've tried zipping and unzipping and the repair tool to no avail - anyone got any bright ideas? Converting an Access database does not really "Convert"...

Upgrading Great Plains
Hi, I'm upgrading Great Plains and installing it on a new server. I've already purchased a new server with no OS. Should I purchase Windows Small Business Server 2003 (which includes MS SQL 2000) or purchase MS SQL Server separately? If I'm purchasing it separately which one should I go with, Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition? I will need to purchase licenses for 20 users. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Dominic What does the rest of your network look like? SBS2003 must be the domain controller / root of the domain and cannot establish t...

Upgrading from Quicksell to RMS
Is there any procedures for upgrading from Quicksell 2000 to RMS? Is the process easy? Not difficult at all, go into knowledge and it is all outlined for you there. -- billr "Annette" wrote: > Is there any procedures for upgrading from Quicksell 2000 to RMS? > Is the process easy? ...

Upgrade from 1.2
If a CRM 1.2 installation has been customized (filelds and tabs only, no applications), they will carry over in an upgrade to 3.0, or is it recommended to rebuild those fields\tabs and reimport the data? Is there any steps that need to be done to ensure functionality? You will want to download the CRM Upgrade Advisor and run it on your CRM server. This will let you know if you have unsupported configurations that need to be fixed before upgrading. Then you might want to check out the documents Microsoft has released about upgrading. Here are some helpful URLs: Upgrade Advisor: http://ww...

UK user using US version?
Hi I currently use Quicken 2000 and am concerned about the "age" of the product and the fact that Quicken no longer support it or release new versions. I am considering a move to Money, but have learned that for the UK version 2005 was the last release and wonder if Money-UK will go the same way as Quicken-UK Therefore I wonder if I would be better off using the US version of money. Does any UK user have experience on this? or anyone have views? Thanks Mark Apart from obvious differences - like cheque spelt wrong - the US version is heavily focused on the US market and F...

Exchange upgrade from 5.5 to 2003
I have a 2003 mixed-mode domain with some NT servers with Exchange 5.5. I now would like to upgrade Exchange to 2003 and go to a native 2003 domain. Reading about the Exchange upgrade it sounds like you have to go to native mode first so that you can upgrade the schema with the Exchange fields. If that's the case this is what I'm looking at: 1. Upgrade all servers to 2000/2003. All Exchange servers will be 2000 since Exchange 5.5 won't run on 2003 2. Raise the functional level to 2000 native 3. Upgrade the schema for Exchange 2000/2003. 4. Upgrade all Exchange to 2000/2003. Doe...

Latin American Payroll
Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of payroll processing in Latin American countries? Specifically in Costa Rica. I know GP has US/CDN payroll specific overlays but one does not exist for LATAM. I have a prospect that has a LATAM subsidiary looking to process payroll and would like to hear any thoughts or experiences that anyone has. Dan, I don't know about Costa Rica but a lot of Latin American countries do not share common ground when it comes to payroll. Lots of little twists and turns come and go depending from the political agenda of the persons in power. ...

upgrade Outlook 2000
Hello, I have used Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Pro platform. I want to upgrade this version now. On Microsoft download site I found some upgrade files and I already download some too. But when I install it I got message that version is not correct. I used this Outlook version 9.0.0.2711. I used IE 6 that I also want to upgrade. Hopping some guideline by this group. vit ...

non latin characters in nvarchar
Hi NG, is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? Regards Volker Jordan Volker Jordan (v_jordan@web.de) writes: > is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? > > Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? That or an expression with patindex: SELECT ... FROM tbl WHERE patindex('%[' + nchar(nnn) + '-' + nchar(65535) + ']%', col COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN2) This assumes that there i...