Latin America Payroll Implementation

Has anyone implemented the Dynamics GP payroll module for a Latin
American country?  Any experience you can share?  I appreciate your
feedback.

Thanks,
Mike
0
mmarcin (9)

Cdn Payroll
I am running GP V9 and having dificulty getting my Canadian Payroll up and running. I am unable to register the Payroll key code. Has any one had dificulty entering the code and if so what was the solution. I am attempting to enter it at Tools/Setup/Payroll-Canadian/Control thanks frank -- Vancouver, Canada ...

Bank of America Online Service
I upgraded from Money 2004. After having to correct all the beginning balances to get my account balances right, now I am attempting to get the BofA Online automatic download to work. I tried to change the account settings to download automatically, and it creates a new account all together. So I try to merge duplicate accounts and all appears to be correct, then the bank balance and local balance are off. Is there any end to the misery associated with this version... I think I'll switch to Quicken. It'd be worth paying a monthly fee if it actually worked out of the box wi...

Payroll Tax Calculation
All my employees are on salary and have the same paycheck every month with the exception of the occasional bonus or vacation pay out. I have one employee who has received just his regular salary all year until this month. At the beginning of the month he received a separate bonus check, all of which went to his 401K except for what came out for Federal and State Taxes. Now when I run his regular salary check, the federal and state taxes are different then what they usually are. I didn't change anything in his tax deduction records and his 401K deduction records are the same ...

Unicode Basic Latin and Latin-1 coverage of Western Europe
What gaps would there be in the coverage of Western European languages that would not be included in Unicode Basic Latin and Latin-1 ? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:vCr_i.2768$gd3.2472@newsfe18.lga... > What gaps would there be in the coverage of Western European languages > that would not be included in Unicode Basic Latin and Latin-1 ? The Greek alphabet. Euro currency. "Norman Diamond" <ndiamond@community.nospam> wrote in message news:e0KsXwmJIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > "Peter Olcott"...

No Menus on Home Page area for HR & Payroll
I just installed the HR module for a client and updated my reg keys and selected the module to show up under registration. However when I select HR & Payroll the menus do not appear on the HOme Page Area. I can select any other module and the menus will show but not HR & Payroll. When I uncheck HR the meus will show. Has anyone else had this happpen? -- TC Do you mean the Area Page on the right does not appear when you click the HR & Payroll button on the Navigation Pane? Scroll down on the left and click HR & Payroll and the Area Page should appear. I think it...

source of mock latin for dummy layouts
I need precisely spaced mock verbage for sample layouts of brochures, newsletters, etc. In examples MS Publisher uses a "mock latin" to show copy flow without meaning, but I've not found a source to download this "language." Any suggestions for source? http://www.lipsum.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bfox" <bfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:315AE30B-BE50-4DB2-AAE3-6581B8F2F725@microsoft.com... >I need precisely spaced mock verbage for sample la...

RBL useless or just wrong implemented?
Hi guys, I hope somebody has an answer since I run out of them :-) Basically I am using GFI MailEssentials to protect my MTA against SPAM. As soon I activate GFIs RBL Module it blocks virtually all inbound emails. First I researched my DNS settings. They are definetly ALL OK. Then I investigated the mail headers and IPs and found out that GFI Mailessentials basically checks EVERY IP of the mailheader against RBL lists. Of course ALL emails which have been sent somehow from a home network will be blocked. I always thought that RBL Filter should check the IPs of the relaying MTA and NOT the...

payroll integration
Hi We are using Leagiant for payroll time tracking, we are trying to figure out if to go with integration manager, payroll connect or how to be able to bring in the information to GP. Any suggestions ?? Daniela, We have done a GP payroll integration for our client, if you are interested to learn more please drop an email. MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "Daniela" wrote: > Hi > We are using Leagiant for payroll time tracking, > we are trying to figure out if to go with integration manager, payroll > connect or how to be able to bring in the informat...

Latin American Payroll
Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of payroll processing in Latin American countries? Specifically in Costa Rica. I know GP has US/CDN payroll specific overlays but one does not exist for LATAM. I have a prospect that has a LATAM subsidiary looking to process payroll and would like to hear any thoughts or experiences that anyone has. Dan, I don't know about Costa Rica but a lot of Latin American countries do not share common ground when it comes to payroll. Lots of little twists and turns come and go depending from the political agenda of the persons in power. ...

Integration of Payroll and HR Modules
We have been using the payroll module in GP 9.0 for quite some time. We recently purchased the HR module, but don't know much about it and we're looking for advice in getting started. Is there a setting somewhere that allows linking between the two modules so that employee information can be shared between them? HR and PR share the employee maintenance table so there is no setting to update. You will need to be mindful of the links between HR and PR when setting up HR benefits and HR attendance time codes. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jodi" wrote: > We have bee...

non latin characters in nvarchar
Hi NG, is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? Regards Volker Jordan Volker Jordan (v_jordan@web.de) writes: > is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? > > Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? That or an expression with patindex: SELECT ... FROM tbl WHERE patindex('%[' + nchar(nnn) + '-' + nchar(65535) + ']%', col COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN2) This assumes that there i...

New Payroll Tax Code Update
I am looking for specific information on what changes are included in the most recent Payroll Tax Code Update which was released in early July. CustomerSource is a little vague on the issue stating that it includes changes for the new HIRE Act. I would like to know exactly what is changed - new fields, report changes, etc. Does anyone know this information? Thank you. ...

Canadian Payroll #3
After applying the updates and new tax table for Canadian Payrool Integrated with Great Plains 8.0 on SQL...we appear to have lost a large amount of disk space.... I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this...and if MS has some kind of procedure to clean this up??? Tami Hi Tami, I have done two complete updates myself, and have had clients do their own updates, and we have not noticed any untoward growth in any of the databases. Other than the federal exemptions that did not update correctly, the undocumented need to run the grant script after the update, and an undocumented...

Problems with Bank of America
Yesterday I upgraded my checking account at B of A to another one of their products. For the last four years I have happily been using Money 2004 and downloading checking data manually using "Active Statement." Today, when I tried to download the data I got a response from M2004 saying that the "file I attempted to import was invalid or contained corrupt data". A call to B of A resulted in them saying it was coincidental that I upgraded my account and that they no longer support M2004 (and don't support IE7 yet) and they don't know why it isn't working....

Payroll Calculations
I have a customer that is using HR and wants to bring their PR inhouse now (using ADP). They have some acceptions for calculating PR based on the Timecard punch. For instance, a salaried employee would get an additional wage if they worked 6 days. Also, Lunch - is caclulated as 45 minutes for lunch and 15 minutes for break. Therefore, if someone punches out 1 hr for lunch, they will only be docked 45 minutes. If they only take 30 minutes, they will only be docked 15. If they only took 15 minutes, they would not be docked anything as it would count as a break. These are just some examp...

How to implement these graphics commands
In my MFC program which is MDI application with scrollable views, user places lines , rectangles, now I want to have delete , move command in my application But I can not derive the algorithm for the same. My linees are strored in CTypedPtrList<CObList, CLineString*> m_linestringList; in Document class. CLinestring is having CArray<CPoint,CPoint> m_pointArray; so rectangles ellipses are having similar kind of data storage. Now as user choses move, then application should identify the line by clicking on it and should be able to move as user draggs the mouse with left button down. ...

voiding payroll checks
When I try to void payroll check a message says (you cannot void payroll checks because a computer check run is in process) I have not done a check run in two days HELP -- DJohnson You can check the table UPR10300, look for a 'Payroll Activity' = "CALC", take note of the User ID then use that to login to GP then Go To Transactions>>Payroll>>Build Checks, click Remove if don't want to calculate the checks if you need that continue to calculate and post the checks. If for some reason you can't find a currently build checks and you are sure that the ...

Bounced emails with non-latin
Bounced emails come back with this message: "The user does not accept email in non-Western (non-Latin) characte sets" I believe that I have to specify something in International Options o Outlook 2003 so the recipients mail handler will pass the emai through. However, after trying many of the -- what I perceive to b logical choices -- the messages continue to bounce -- Wandri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Wandrin's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=526 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187107804 ...

payroll integration with payables
Hello, I keep reading about payroll integration with payables and I saw some screenshots of the "payroll vendor setup" window to set this up. However I am having difficulty finding documentation or "how to's" on this new feature or how to find it on GP10. Thanks, -- Greg. An update... I did find a cnk file that installs "payroll extensions" which gives you this feature. However, I am still trying to figure out how this prices out. Is this part of advanced payroll? (which costs extra). We are contacting microsoft and I'll give you an update. --...

Latin American and US Upgrade
We are getting ready to upgrade to Dynamics 10. We run both Latin American companies and US companies on the same Dynamics database. Is there anything special that needs to be done in order to upgrade these companies? For example, should we install a US client with the latest service pack, upgrade all companies except the Latin American companies, then install the Latin American client with the matching Latin American service pack and upgrade the remaining Latin American companies? Or, can we upgrade all of the companies with the US client and then install the LA client with the m...

Payroll Integration with a 3rd party
Hi, You may not be able to answer this but I am using Dynamics 9.0 with Thinkware payroll and I am trying to integrate salaried employees to have an adjustment to their time and not a reduction. I have changed the "In addition to Salary" to True hoping that it would change the automatic reduction to adjust but it doesn't work. Does anyone know how to do this with Integration manager? TIA Connie A little more information on this. Adjustment vs reduction is not an option in Great Plains. It is an option in Thinkware's (Darwin) HRIS system and it re...

Latin America Payroll Implementation
Has anyone implemented the Dynamics GP payroll module for a Latin American country? Any experience you can share? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks, Mike ...

How to bring 50 lines in Latin with 50 in English L1 under E1
I want to combine 2 chapters of the same book one is in Latin and one is in English. Each translation has many lines each line has a number. How can I insert line nr.1 in English after line nr 1 in Latin, without using the Clipboard.It only holds 12 lines and I have to copy each one separately and paste it one by one. Does anyone know of a quicker way? =?Utf-8?B?U3BlZWR5IEdvbnphbGVzJyB5b3VuZyBjb3VzaW4=?= <Speedy Gonzales' young cousin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:582A738F-78F9-4994-9EF7-D843C51B5E06@microsoft.com: > I want to combine 2 chapters of the same book on...

Payroll ACH file rejections problems
The Federal Reserve rejects the Payroll ACH file with an R19 code - amount field error. This happens when a payroll build has only checks in it and an ACH file is created with all zeros. This causes the entire ACH with multiple payroll builds in it to be rejected by the Federal Reserve. It appears that the ACH file created by GP is not NACHA compliant. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,...

WORD: Table of Contents with latin numeration
If have got a document dividedin sections. The first sections use latin page numbering and the rest normal arabic numbering. For each section this is working all fine. The only trouble appears when I create the TOC. The reference to the page numbers of those sections that use latin page numbering appears with arabic numbering. THe example will surely clarify the problem: It appears as ****************** Table of contents..................................2 Foreword ...................................4 Summary ...........................................5 1 Introduction ......................