Last and Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft Dynamics Community forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on other Microsoft properties and third party sites.
This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it
easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate
redundancies and make the content easier to find by customers and search
engines through improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user
and spam management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by
encouraging a healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end,
Microsoft will begin to progressively shift available resources to the
forums technology and discontinue support for newsgroups.

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 10, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased
approach, starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to
more active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective the week of October 3rd, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is
scheduled for closure in the upcoming week and we would like to invite you
to participate at What is Happening?
[...]

to participate at http://community.dynamics.com/content/WhereismyForum.aspx

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Dynamics Community Forums,
please go to https://community.dynamics.com/forums/

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com

0
nntp

Integrate PDA with Microsoft CRM
Hi, Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ? Thanks. Ethel, There is a Mobile addon for CRM. You can download this from the Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94D65396-39C4-40BE-8AFD-34C939CA607B&displaylang=en Note that not all languages are supported for the mobile application. I hope this helps, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Ethel" wrote: > Hi, > Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to > CRM ? If yes, any s...

cannot start Microsoft office. Cannot open the Outlook window. ol 2007
Computer info: Vista sp1 Office Pro 2007 sp2 MSO 12.0.6424.1000 attached to a AD Win 2003 network running Exchange 2003 sp2 What I was doing prior to receiving error: I was attempting to install Vista sp2, when I was notified that I must install a service pack version that was compatible with the languages installed on the system or remove the unneeded ones (only need US english). I decided to uninstall the unneeded languages. After completing the required reboot, I attempted to check my e-mail and got the error message... I get the this error message whenever I attempt to open outlo...

Showing only the last x entries?
Hi I have a graph with a moving average trendline, however the amount o data is so much that the graph is not quite readable. Is it possible to only show the last x entries in a graph. This shoul be done automatically. Basically to rephrase the question: I need the graph to be zoomed t the last x entries. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Tali -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi > > I have a graph with a moving average trendline, however the amount of > data is so much that the graph is...

phantom emails
i believe my outlook 2000 system has some bug. it sends out emails and receives emails but outlook does not keep a record in the sent/received folders. the only way i know this is because of the receive email notice and/or my virus scan that works every time an email is received or sent. this is a fairly new activity. just in case, my operating system is xp. let me know if there is something i can do to stop this. my email address is rhinolaw@yahoo.com thank you. Sounds something like a problem I've been seeing at work for about 9 months, but somewhat rarely, and not at all pr...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can NOT shrink the window!! #2
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

Adding a menu item to Microsoft Outlook
I want to add a new menu item to Outlook.(eg: Tool->MyMenuItem). When I click this particular menu item, an exe should be invoked( this exe is generated by a C++ programmer). I have been told that it is possible to do this using COM add-in. I am totally new to COM add-ins. Can someone help me out on how exactly a menu item can be added using a COM add-in. A sample code would be of great help. Apart from COM add-ins is there any other way to do the same(I want to keep my implementation in C++/VC++). Thanks, B See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/comaddins.htm for li...

Oh no, MicroSoft Blew It Again...
Just got done installing the latest patch to fix whatever deadly IE hole it was that allowed the Google attack. Five machines. 1 Win 7 and 4 XP Pro. After doing the mandatory reboots at the end two of the XP machines wound up with destroyed profiles. It seems that nobody at MS bothered to test (test? what is test?) the process of installing the patch and rebooting via remote desktop -- the way I routinely perform all tasks on machines outside my office. I wasn't alerted to that situation, having had years of random mysterious profile corruptions occurring, before I tried to l...

Disappearing last name
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel With Entourage, Word, Power Point and Excel, after typing my last name and hitting the space bar it disappears. You can imagine how inconvenient this is. Any ideas how I can fix this? Weird. Try looking in Tools | AutoCorrect, preferably in Word, and see if there is an AutoCorrect entry set up to replace your name with anything else. Lois_in_VT@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > With Entourage, Word, Power Point and Excel, after typing...

Using At&t -Deleting Microsoft components
If I am logging in using At&t credentials and not using anything microsoft related, can I delete Microsoft Components and still use the computer, and if I can't what can delete to make my computer run better? "Villeta" wrote: > If I am logging in using At&t credentials and not using anything microsoft > related, can I delete Microsoft Components and still use the computer, and if > I can't what can delete to make my computer run better? I get my internet access through AT@T "Villeta" wrote: > If I am logging in using At&...

Custom number format always defaults last number to 0.
I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How do I overcome that? Excel only lets 15 digits be used in numbers To have the 16th number most people use text. "scubadave" wrote: > I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. > When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers > (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How...

Check this security patch from the Microsoft Corp.
--vxjtalqf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bwtnjblnzwcm"; type="multipart/alternative" --bwtnjblnzwcm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hzqtbvwx" --hzqtbvwx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabilities, t...

Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for IBM Lotus Domino problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C4A1C3.14012310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using outlook 2003 as mail client for domino, my lotus notes = version is 5.05. Have a few problems; 1: The email cannot be delivered to PST's inbox, instead it still comes = to lotus notes mail store's inbox first although I have configured = "deliver new email to the following location" to pst file. 2: There is no notification of new emails when the mail arrives in the = lotus notes...

Microsoft Publlisher 2002 was loaded on my computer. It comes with 2 other disks - Publisher Deluxe Media Content and Microsoft Office XP Media Content. Whenever I need something, like a clip-art, I have to keep putting in the CD and taking it out. Is there some way I can just download these two disks into my computer to avoid this nusance? Whoever you are that answers - GOD BLESS YOU!! Insert the Media Disk, in my computer, right-click the CD icon, explore, double-click the setup. Or start, run, browse to setup. Or insert the Publisher disk and choose run all from my computer. -- ...

Last Position
Hello Access Boys and Girls Everywhere,Does anyone know what the shortcut keys (I think these are sometimesknown as 'hot keys') is for last position in the code window. It isaccessable by right clicking and selecting the bottom option. Howeverwhen you are programming and you just want to look something up it isquicker by far to hit a key combination rather than reach for themouse, right click, move to the bottom option, and move your hand backto the keyboard.Nick Ctrl+Shift+F2 (it's on the View menu).-- Brendan ReynoldsAccess MVP"Nick 'The Database Guy'" <nic...

Will SOMEBODY Please respond to this post!
I WANNA KNOW: somebody tell me what the hell does this mean: acs = ThresholdDet() I WANNA KNOW: help me figure out why the software is called "Access" AND I WANN KNOW: Is it possible for me to become an MVP? And how do I block messages from a particular user? Is there a way to identify a user's IP address, and block this IP address so that message doesn't show up in my Outlook Express? See below. Trey Davis wrote: > I WANNA KNOW: > > somebody tell me what the hell does this mean: > > acs = ThresholdDet() It means you are setting the variabl...

HELP! Procedure or Program suggestion for finding multiple - the last 4 occurances
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C67D09.E7F4DE00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need help in finding a procedure or program suggestion for finding = multiple - the last 4 occurances - of recurring appointments in Outlook. The standard "find" seems to have a bug in that it will not find all = occurances of recurring appointments, it will not find the last series = of a recurring appointments -i.e. the last months worth that has already = occured - and in general returns ...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 Connector
We are checking the functionality of the Outlook 2002 Connector (v. 1.0.2411.0) with Lotus Domino Server (v. 5.011). Outlook 2002 Client v. 10.4712.4219 SP2. When we try to synchronize, the lotus notes address book from the Domino server with outlook the Domino server crashes with nserver.exe und nlnotes.dll errors. Any ideas? Regards Ingo ...

Zip Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll with my application?
Hello. I created an application that automates Excel. It looked like that if the dll "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll" was not with my exe, the application crashes on other PC's. Since my application doesn't provide a set-up program (X-copy application), I would like to zip that file with my application. Is that permitted? I tried to research on my own but I couldn't find the answer. I even consult the lawyer in our company but he was not able to give me a clear answer. By the way, that dll came with Visual Studio 2010 (located at C: \Program Files (x86)\M...

microsoft vista updates
I receive updates .they load and, then they will not install i hate when that happens irontim wrote: > I receive updates .they load and, then they will not install Sorry to hear this. Can you post everything including your OS and any Service Packs,The updates (numbers) that do not install, any and all error messages as per verbatim,Office version (if applicable)and of course what happens when you try -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "irontim" <irontim@discu...

Apply these internet pack for Microsoft Windows
--jxynqfiiwdurh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yqxwnlwmbp"; type="multipart/alternative" --yqxwnlwmbp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tqemyvtblym" --tqemyvtblym Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect ...

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again."

Money 2007 Pre with Microsoft Vista
Hi Everyone, I am getting a new computer (will be delivered Thursday) that has Microsoft Vista Ultimate on it. Will there be any problems etc. that I need to consider when installing Money 2007 Pre. on it. I guess in essence what I want to know is will it install and run properly on Vista. Thanks for your help. Jim In microsoft.public.money, Jim Johnson wrote: > >I am getting a new computer (will be delivered Thursday) that has >Microsoft Vista Ultimate on it. Will there be any problems etc. that I >need to consider when installing Money 2007 Pre. on it. I guess in >essence ...

microsoft host controller driver update
My new (2 month old) HP Win7 'puter just did an automatic Microsoft update and keeps sending the pop-up that it wants me to reboot. However, the 'host controller update' is still running, and has been running for almost an hour already. According to the task manager it really is running - not hanging - but since this is the first time I'm seeing this I have to wonder how long should this be taking? :confused: -- slywlf Posted via http://www.win7heads.com "slywlf" <slywlf.44ys1p@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message news:slywlf.44ys1p@...

Microsoft sharepoint team services
Software: Microsoft sharepoint team services The problem is that if I edit a document in team service using OFFICE XP and save the changes then when I open the same document on a different computer with windows Office 2000 the changes does not appear until I exit team website and comes back in. Any help in this matter will be appreciated. ...

how do i enter my life insurance information into microsoft money
how do i enter life insurance account information into microsoft money? should i do it as a bill and an asset? should i put it as an account? or is it just a bill? how do i do this? shouldn't there be something that says put in your insurance account information and when and how it gets paid. how do i also account for things i get commissions from? should I enter each sale somewhere or somehow on microsoft money? how should i do this too? please help me, and thank you in advance! Dana. On 2005-05-09, Dana <Dana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i enter...