Knowledge Base

I am having a heck of a time using this new knowledgebase.  I have yet to get
any relevant responses no matter how I word a search.  I was able to get the
old knowledgebase a few times but I can no longer find it.

Any suggestions about how to use this? or better yet, how to access the
"old" knowledgebase?

Thanks.

Are you referring to Customer Source? I also have issues with it, and always
end up coming here to find my answers!

"Tracey D" wrote:

> I am having a heck of a time using this new knowledgebase.  I have yet to get
> any relevant responses no matter how I word a search.  I was able to get the
> old knowledgebase a few times but I can no longer find it.
>
> Any suggestions about how to use this? or better yet, how to access the
> "old" knowledgebase?
>
> Thanks.
Here's the URL for the old KB page.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/search.aspx

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
6/9/2010 4:00:23 PM
Thank You!

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Here's the URL for the old KB page.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/search.aspx
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

That link still works. However, once you open the Kb (some kbs), it will give
you another link to the new KB search engine.

i'd prefer the old one as it's much easier to use.

"Tracey D" wrote:

> Thank You!
>
> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>
> > Here's the URL for the old KB page.
> >
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/search.aspx
> >
> > Frank Hamelly
> > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > East Coast Dynamics
> > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> >
> > get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
> >

> > .

I prefer the old one too.  As I said above, I have yet to get a relevant
response from the new one.  You can't even choose which module you're
searching on.

"Rheiner" wrote:

> That link still works. However, once you open the Kb (some kbs), it will give
> you another link to the new KB search engine.
>
> i'd prefer the old one as it's much easier to use.
>
> "Tracey D" wrote:
>
> > Thank You!
> >
> > "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > Here's the URL for the old KB page.
> > >
> > > https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/search.aspx
> > >
> > > Frank Hamelly
> > > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > > East Coast Dynamics
> > > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> > >
> > > get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
> > >

> > > .

Changing color of text based on formula result
It' tough getting old. Can someone please refresh my memory as to how you change the color of a cell's contents based on the result of the formula? Thanks. Mark Mark, Conditional Formatting is what you're after. Take a look here for examples: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html John Mark wrote: > It' tough getting old. Can someone please refresh my > memory as to how you change the color of a cell's contents > based on the result of the formula? Thanks. > > Mark ...

Knowledge Base and font size
Hi, I am really frustrated with the knoeldge base in CRM. While on the one hand it makes sense to use it there are many short commings arround it (no attachments, customization, etc.). One big problem I currently have is, that when I paste an entry from the knowledge base into an email the fonts of the article text are huge (like 12 px or more). I was able to change the size of the title and everything, but I do not find any way to change the size of the article text. If anyone has an idea on that I would really appreciate it. Kind Regards Enno ...

I need to filter based on colour
Hello I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 in which in one column (column B) there are entries coloured yellow and some with no colour (white). I need to filter and see only the yellow entries . But I need to filter all the columns of the spreadsheet based upon the yellow colour of column B. So I can see all the information in every other column of those yellow entries of column B. Can someone help me? Thanks Jimmy Unless all the yellows are derived from the same formula for a custom autofilte then you would need to have a for each loop macro that hid the non yellow rows. -- Don Guil...

How to change the colour of a cell(s) based on cell value
Hello guys, I am stuck on this rather simple problem. Could not find any hel searching Google. I want to change the colour of a cell to green if the vallue is = Tru and to red if it is False. I have tried to use the Conditional Formating but without joy. Thank you -- Artful Dodge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Artful Dodger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32059 Hi select the cells choose format / conditional formatting choose cell...

Knowledge Base 929445
Hey everyone. Does anyone know what changes are made in the GP update outlined in KB929445 (to version 9.00.0291)? The updates page lists this as the KB number for the update, but after almost a month of waiting there is still no information posted on the web. We need this update to update the Canadian Payroll tax tables, but the number of modules affected by it is extensive. We need to know what is affected so we know what we should be testing. Any information would be helpful. Thanks! ...

Combine 2 data bases
I have designed 2 seperate data bases relating to Finances that have 2 Bank Accounts/Statements. They are both very similar. Is there a way I can link the 2 for the purpose of designing reports etc. Thanks for any help You can design (yet another) database , which uses links to the tables in your two existing databases, and build the reports in that database. To do so, use the File | Get External Data | Link Tables ... menu item in the new database. But why would you want to? Why not simply merge your two existing databases into one, rather than producing a third one? That's ce...

web-based MSN Money
Is the web-based version of Money equal in performance and ability to regular Money Deluxe? Has anyone used it? Pros? Cons? Thanks, Bob ...

LDR: Dll xy.dll base 100000 relocated due to collision with yx.dll
hi! as posted before i was wondering why my app coused 100% CPU-usage on WinNT and 0% on W2K/XP - i figured out that this could have to do with those dll relocations because almost every dll used by my app gets relocated... most of the dlls have a collision with one single dll of my own others have a collision with the exe itself. how to solve this? thanks, philipp You can change the default base address using project setting/Link/Output->Base Address -- Elias http://lgwm.org/ "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bjmhop$v5b$06$1@news.t-on...

Backup and Restore Registry Knowledge
I would like to know how to BACKUP a good registry, say the first one after a complete factory restore. AND THEN, if in the future I wanted that same BACKUP restored, pristinely, without any later additions of programs, registry entries updates and such. In other words, the same registry I saved after a factory recover, would be RESTORED. How can such a thing be accomplished? Thanks, jack "jack0233" <jep0233@gmail.com> wrote in message news:87d2e49c-a2fa-4ec8-966a-58499731675d@x15g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > I would like to know how to BACKUP a good regist...

How to add amount to a cell based on category and month
I have a list of expenxe categories and by month along the top. How can I write the sumif function based on two criteria from drop-down list(one list is Expenses and the second list is the Months) and the third (Amount) cell would be where I input an amount to be added into the table: Expenses month amount Fuel JAN _______ Expenses JAN FEB MAR Trucks/Auto Fuel 348.23 Oils 35.99 Maintenance 298.33 Parts 59.21 DMV 745.87 -- so many functions...!?!?!?!?!?!? If you are trying to fill a matr...

Custom base class for dialog
I have a base class derived from CDialog, let's call it CMyDialog. CMyDialog implements basic functionality that a large group of my dialogs need to have. One common member is a CGridCtrl (another derived class), that implements subitem editing. My issue comes to having handlers that respond to LVN_BEGINLABELEDIT as well as LVN_ENDLABELEDIT. To use the message map functionality I need to have some identifier such as IDC_LIST1. The problem of course is that CMyDialog doesn't have access to this value. The other problem is that perhaps the CGridCtrl members doesn't have the same dia...

hive based registry + gac files (3rd party) -> troubles
using wince 5 (pb5) the hive based registry (storage card) works fine i have a .gac file for custom.dll (\Windows\custom.dll) and a .dat file which copies the custom.dll from \Storage Card\ to \Windows if i do a fresh restart of the system without folder 'Documents and Settings' for the registry hive everything wors fine: - i get the GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll in the \Windows folder - the custom.dll gets deleted from \Windows folder after a restart the registry hive already exists and gets merged during boot also the registry keys for my 3rd party assembly are n...

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

"Free Stock Trading Resources for you" "Knowledge is wealth" is the oft repeated, but absolute truth. And to add on to your knowledge arsenal, here are a few Excellent and Educative resources absolu
"Free Stock Trading Resources for you" "Knowledge is wealth" is the oft repeated, but absolute truth. And to add on to your knowledge arsenal, here are a few Excellent and Educative resources absolutely Free..The aim is to ensure that you Succeed on the Financial front. Check these out... May be it could mark the difference between Failure and Success. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Elliott Wave Video Crash Course http://www.elliottwave.com/a.asp?url=/wave/VideoCrashCo...

Novice Question
Ok, firstly, sorry for the very general question! Basically, I have coded a program using MFC. It is Dialog Based and consists of some textfields and a few buttons. My program is called DCP and the App Wizard created a DCP.cpp and DCPDlg.cpp files for me (and a few others). The bulk of the functionality of my program is written in the DCPDlg.cpp file - is this correct? For example, when I created a button and clicked on it in the resource (dialog) view it automatically puts a function for it in the DCPDlg.cpp file i.e. void CDCPDlg::OnButtonPrint() { // Do some stuff here } I have ne...

smtp connector based on sender?
Is there a way to create an smtp connector based on the sender's address space rather than the recipient's? For example, I want some of my users to have their e-mail sent through smtp.foo.com and I want other users to have their e-mail sent through smtp.bar.com. Would appreciate any help. Thanks! I just realized this post isn't very clear. I should clarify and mention that I'm not looking for a connector that does anything with inbound mail. In fact, I want the "equivalent" of a connector for outbound mail. In other words, I want to be able to route outbou...

Knowledge Base
Is it just me or have these microsoft morons gone and turned off the use ful part of the knowledge base like being able to select a product and getting abck sensible in context results? All of a sudden I get thrown into a generic search web form. First off, your asking for help regarding the Microsoft Knowledge Base on a Microsoft Forum and you call them morons. Definitely not the path I would have chosen to ask for help! That said, yes they have changes their website. You can however select your product first and then run your query. On the main page simply press the select a prod...

age-based life insurance
Hello: There's not way for the GP HR Life Insurance Setup window to calculate age-based insurance as of January 1 instead of by a person's age, is there? Thanks! childofthe1980s I would like to know this too. TD "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > There's not way for the GP HR Life Insurance Setup window to calculate > age-based insurance as of January 1 instead of by a person's age, is there? > > Thanks! > > childofthe1980s ...

Formulas to reference range based on data in column
I probably didn't title this too well. I have a spreadsheet with 500 rows of data, sorted by the date in column A. I want to extract certain data from rows that all start with the same specified date. Previously I used an IF formula but that necessitates having the formula in 500 rows which won't work for my purposes. I'm going round incircles trying to think how best to achieve this. If you apply a filter to the date column for the selected date you can then just highlight the visible rows and copy/paste or cut/paste them elsewhere (eg another sheet) to extract ...

How to add attachments into the Knowledge Base?
Hi, How to add attachments into the Knowledge Base? I heard that its possible with some code. Is there anyone outthere with a small handy guide for that :-) or even a ready to use codesnippet? best regards Antonio I don't think it's possible, what our clients does is linked to an external resource like sharepoint for their attachements. If someone can figure out how to attach to a knowledge base, please share, I would like to know. thanks! Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 17, 12:30 am, A.K.V. <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ...

Pc Based Home Theater
Monster MCC AV100 Activity-based A/V Home Theater Controller Price:$279.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000CQPFCU Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000CQPFCU ...

formula based on format

How do I count based on two conditions?
Hi there. I have a long lists of data to sort though and I am trying to write a formula that counts that number of entries for a company with a certain condition entered in another column. For instance Company name Condition Big Corp operatonal Small corp operational Big Corp non-operational How do I count where Big Corp is operational and where it is non-operational? Thanks, Mark Try this, Mark: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/count_using_multiple_criteria_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "...

Filter based on formatting
In an Autofilter, is it possible to select the cells which have a specific background color (say, yellow)? -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail Fred Not without some VBA Function help. See Chip Pearson's pages on colors. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Using a helper column and Chip's CellColorIndex Function you could then Autofilter on Color Index number returned by a formula in the helper column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:55:39 -0600, "Fred Smith" <fredsmith99@yahoo.com> wrote: >In an Autofilter, is it possi...

post card mail merge from excel data base
2 post card files, 1st file is info for front of card, 2nd post card file has return address and is used with mail merge. Can print either file and the printer prints on every page. With mail merge selected printer prints on one page, skips a page and prints on the 3rd page. I assume that it is printing the blank first page of the 2nd file. Why, How do I get arround this? Printer is Dell 1600n w/ no duplexing option. ...