KB 872364 How to Create Additional Fiscal Period for Adjusting Ent

Has anybody tried following KB Article 872364, How To Create Additional
Fiscal Period for Adjusting Entries??

I've tried this in a test company that does NOT use Fixed Assets, and after
creating the 14 periods, I did NOT reconcile, but my Dec 31 entries are still
showing up as Period 13, not Period 14. (Period 13 was closed when I posted,
only Period 14 was open.)

Don't know if I'm doing something out of order.

Thanks.

0
YuenW (10)

Hi Yuen

I am on GP ver 10 sp 3 and I kinda used that KB article to test it all and
this is what I found.

I was able to drive my entries into my prd 14 and the GL TB by Period showed
it correctly in that period and the GL Enquiry screen also showed it
correctly.   BUT as soon as I ran reconcile it shoved all the values into
Period 12!.   Now that defeats the object for me so I'm not so sure that this
is functionality worth using as you might need to run reconcile on your GL
and then you've lost that separation of values.

I checked the GL10110 table and the period indicator in that table also
shows period 12 so that would also be useless.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else out there found this
functionaltiy to work differently - then both of us can decide if it's even
worth pursuing.

Many thankx
Sheila

"Yuen W." wrote:

> Has anybody tried following KB Article 872364, How To Create Additional
> Fiscal Period for Adjusting Entries??
>
> I've tried this in a test company that does NOT use Fixed Assets, and after
> creating the 14 periods, I did NOT reconcile, but my Dec 31 entries are still
> showing up as Period 13, not Period 14. (Period 13 was closed when I posted,
> only Period 14 was open.)
>
> Don't know if I'm doing something out of order.
>
> Thanks.

0
Sheila3743 (257)
12/11/2008 12:55:01 PM
Hi Sheila:  thanks for working through it.

We're also on GP10 (although not sure which SP).  Unfortunately, I've not
been able to push any entries into Period 14, so I'm not sure if there is
something a little different in our set-up.  Every entry I process for Dec 31
falls int Period 13, even though Period 13 is closed.  I've tried every
combination /permutation with periods open, closed, historical year vs open
year.  Every entry is falling into Period 13 and not 14.

I would agree that the Reconcile process defeats the purpose of these
adjustment periods, because not everybody is going to remember to not
reconcile.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who's tried this and what they've found.

Thanks!

"Sheila" wrote:

> Hi Yuen
>
> I am on GP ver 10 sp 3 and I kinda used that KB article to test it all and
> this is what I found.
>
> I was able to drive my entries into my prd 14 and the GL TB by Period showed
> it correctly in that period and the GL Enquiry screen also showed it
> correctly.   BUT as soon as I ran reconcile it shoved all the values into
> Period 12!.   Now that defeats the object for me so I'm not so sure that this
> is functionality worth using as you might need to run reconcile on your GL
> and then you've lost that separation of values.
>
> I checked the GL10110 table and the period indicator in that table also
> shows period 12 so that would also be useless.
>
> It would be interesting to see if anyone else out there found this
> functionaltiy to work differently - then both of us can decide if it's even
> worth pursuing.
>
> Many thankx
> Sheila
>

> "Yuen W." wrote:
>
> > Has anybody tried following KB Article 872364, How To Create Additional
> > Fiscal Period for Adjusting Entries??
> >
> > I've tried this in a test company that does NOT use Fixed Assets, and after
> > creating the 14 periods, I did NOT reconcile, but my Dec 31 entries are still
> > showing up as Period 13, not Period 14. (Period 13 was closed when I posted,
> > only Period 14 was open.)
> >
> > Don't know if I'm doing something out of order.
> >
> > Thanks.

0
YuenW (10)
12/11/2008 6:42:01 PM
Hi Yuen

When I wanted the entry to arrive in Period 14 only I made sure that I
closed periods 12 and 13 and then it automatically posted into period 14.   I
was also posting into my open financial year.   I also only tried to post a
GL journal entry (nothing from a sub-module).   My period 12, 13 and 14 all
had the same date in the Company Financial period set-up screen [28 Feb 2009].

Thats about all I can tell you about my set-ups.

Chow
Sheila

"Yuen W." wrote:

> Hi Sheila:  thanks for working through it.
>
> We're also on GP10 (although not sure which SP).  Unfortunately, I've not
> been able to push any entries into Period 14, so I'm not sure if there is
> something a little different in our set-up.  Every entry I process for Dec 31
> falls int Period 13, even though Period 13 is closed.  I've tried every
> combination /permutation with periods open, closed, historical year vs open
> year.  Every entry is falling into Period 13 and not 14.
>
> I would agree that the Reconcile process defeats the purpose of these
> adjustment periods, because not everybody is going to remember to not
> reconcile.
>
> I'd like to hear from anyone else who's tried this and what they've found.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Sheila" wrote:
>
> > Hi Yuen
> >
> > I am on GP ver 10 sp 3 and I kinda used that KB article to test it all and
> > this is what I found.
> >
> > I was able to drive my entries into my prd 14 and the GL TB by Period showed
> > it correctly in that period and the GL Enquiry screen also showed it
> > correctly.   BUT as soon as I ran reconcile it shoved all the values into
> > Period 12!.   Now that defeats the object for me so I'm not so sure that this
> > is functionality worth using as you might need to run reconcile on your GL
> > and then you've lost that separation of values.
> >
> > I checked the GL10110 table and the period indicator in that table also
> > shows period 12 so that would also be useless.
> >
> > It would be interesting to see if anyone else out there found this
> > functionaltiy to work differently - then both of us can decide if it's even
> > worth pursuing.
> >
> > Many thankx
> > Sheila
> >

> > "Yuen W." wrote:
> >
> > > Has anybody tried following KB Article 872364, How To Create Additional
> > > Fiscal Period for Adjusting Entries??
> > >
> > > I've tried this in a test company that does NOT use Fixed Assets, and after
> > > creating the 14 periods, I did NOT reconcile, but my Dec 31 entries are still
> > > showing up as Period 13, not Period 14. (Period 13 was closed when I posted,
> > > only Period 14 was open.)
> > >
> > > Don't know if I'm doing something out of order.
> > >
> > > Thanks.

0
Sheila3743 (257)

How to create a workflow?
Hello, I have a very basic question about how to create a workflow. Of course, I read the “Create a workflow” article from the Microsoft site (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/HA101005911033.aspx) but I am stuck on step 3: 1. On the File menu, click Open Site. 2. In the Open Site dialog box, browse to and select the SharePoint site where you want to create the workflow, and then click Open. 3. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Workflow. I assume they are talking about Internet Explorer, but I found no Workflow after clicking on New in the f...

Creating form in Outlook 2003
Hi, I designed a form in outlook. It is a form to send orders to different providers and I would like to put a check box that when checked the appropriate email is automatically entered in the "to" field. Also that same check box should enable a text box. I am not too sure how to do that, I guess it would take the use of VBA but I haven't use it since about 7 years and I've forgotten how to do it. Alittle help would be aprreciated. Thanks "archon" <archonsoft@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e75a1aee-d2d3-464b-9674-1bc0d342e0c2@t42g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

CRM and KB article 815154
I have installed Microsoft CRM Server on a Windows Server 2000 SP4 machine running Microsoft Small Business Server 2000. I have installed all the needed software, including SQL Server SP2, Exchange 2000, IIS, Indexing services, Message Queuing, etc. When I try to launch CRM I get the error message: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your sysmem administrator". The event viewer basically says "select permsision denied on object "SystemUSer", database MSCRM". I found KB article 815154 (HOW TO: Configure SQL Server Security for .NET appli...

incedent.Create Error

Creating Time location diagram in Excel
Hi, I have a database which contains around 200 activities with start and finish dates along with the chainage (eg. 1.2- 1.6km). I would like to prepare a time location diagram in excel which will contain around 20 activities and the time period in one axis and chainage on the other. ...

How to create a crosstab in Excel
Hi everyone! Need help ASAP! I have a simple spreadsheet that looks like this: Origin State Dest State Company AL AL A AL AR A AL AZ B AZ AL A AZ AR C ....and so on. Basically, the first 2 columns have all states/provinces and column 3 has the company we use. I need to create one matrix with all states/provinces in Row 1 and in Column 1, and all the cells in between are populated with the comp...

KB 228509 Anyone have the fix?
I found the KB article 228509 describing my exact problem, but Microsoft wants me to pay money to contact them to get the fix. Has anyone already done this and/or does anyone know what the fix is? Thanks Eric ...

Need to change format of multilevel list or create new
I use Office 2007. I want to create a traditional outline, instead of the odd default selections set up by MS. I want a format for headings that follows the I., A., 1., a., i. pattern. I had one set up as a multilevel list, but when I tried to use the Office 2010 Beta, it wiped out a bunch of custom settings. I need to EITHER change how Word automatically numbers the levels, OR create a multilevel list that I can keep in the library of lists that is formatted how I want, AND which automatically advances in numbering as I add entries. How do I do either of these? At pr...

Is there a way create a identity for Windows Mail
Hello, I am working in earhlink. I want to whether there is way to create a identity in Windows mail. Thank you. ...

Create Process
if i call fork() / CreateProcess what is/are duplicated? i know that data space is duplicated for sure how about code space? the code space can be shared to save space.... but the new process may need to do rebasing... so...does the code space also shared? thx Action wrote: >if i call fork() / CreateProcess >what is/are duplicated? >i know that data space is duplicated for sure >how about code space? >the code space can be shared to save space.... >but the new process may need to do rebasing... >so...does the code space also shared? There is no fork in Windows. Creat...

Email using Workflows when a Activity created for a Case
Hi We need to create an Email using Workflow when an activity is created for a Case. If any one have worked on this , please revert back. Thanks in advance If you have to check for a specific case then you can do some thing like When Task is created if Task.Regarding = ABC: Case then Send Email: To [owner]; subject abc.. end if if you are trying to send email if a task is created for any case then you will have to write a .net assembly action to retrieve the task and check its regarding object type. "KIRAN" wrote: > Hi > We need to create an Email using Workfl...

Create a distinct Join
Using Access 2003, It is easy for me to a distinct Left join: Table 1 ID has 157 unique ID records. table 2 has 249 records some duplicate records in order id. SELECT DISTINCT [table1].id, [table2].CountOforderid FROM [table1] LEFT JOIN table2 ON [table1].id = table2.id; basically counts the order id uniquely among the 157 table 1 id's, However, I would like to add another field one that has duplicates in table2, but I only want the data for the unique 157 How do I get unique records in table 1 with some of the table 2 data? When I add the new field in access i get: ...

How to create buttons at runtime?
Hello! My application is connected to a database. Now I want to visualize some of the datasets. Easyest way seems to be using buttons. I don't know the number of datasets at startup, so I have to create the buttons in a loop at runtime. Does anybody have an idea or source? I am using Visual C++ 6.0. Thanks a lot, Mirco Mirco Schmedicke wrote: > > Hello! > > My application is connected to a database. Now I want to visualize some of > the datasets. Easyest way seems to be using buttons. I don't know the number > of datasets at startup, so I have to create the bu...

FRx Engine failed to create GL Index File
I install FRx with AA and successsfully created the AA dimension. I then create a new FRx company to use the AA but received error. the first error dialog box has not information except ON and Cancel button, and then another error dialog box appears 'Frx Engine failed to create GL index file'. any advice is much appreciated. ------=_NextPart_0001_32E894A3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit HFLo, Thanks for the FRx question. There have been two recorded issues that you may be running into. BUG 20539 occurs when you have closed all periods for the first no...

750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file
We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you. I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook cont...

Creating sub entry
Sorry basic question but I am going around in circles. I have a simple supplier table with Supplier ID as key. I open a new table with a form in preparation to add a new record in the second table (Contacts). Form opens OK and you can add entries but I want to copy across the Supplier ID so that it maintains the relationship. Tried several ways but cant manage it. The VB behind the relevant button that opens the form reads: Private Sub CMD_AddContact_Click() On Error GoTo Err_CMD_AddContact_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stSupplierID As String stDocName = "FRM_...

Creating a Macro to autofill and save
Hi, I am trying to create a macro that will complete the following. Autofill column K with sequential numbers starting from cell K2 with 1 to however many rows of data there are. Then for the file to automatically save as a CSV (Comma Deliminated) format so that the user just has to typr the name of the file in. I am not a competent using visual script however should be abl to navigate myself to the right place. Thanks Laura Hi Laura You can try out the below macro. If you are new to macros.. --Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). --...

Create Priviledge
What is the difference between the users who have a global create priviledge and parent child create priviledge? If you have more than one business unit in your organization, users with global privieleges can create records across the org, even if the biz units are not parent:child related. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Ann" wrote: > What is the difference between the users who have a global create priviledge > and parent child create priviledge? > > ...

Changing Fiscal Years
I have 2 fiscal years 2008 - 7/1/07 - 06/30/08 2009 - 7/1/08 - 06/30/09 Both are open I want to change 2008 to be 7/1/07 - 12/31/07 - can be 12 - 2 week periods and then set 2009 to be calendar year - 1/1/08 - 12/31/08 I changed 2008 to be 7/1/07 - 12/31/07 and did the reconcile. It will not let me use 1/1/08 for 2009 - it says it can not be in a different fiscal calendar - but it is no longer found in 2008. I tried changing 2009 first based on a KB article - but it will not allow that either. Can I do this ? Thanks My first question would be - Why do you want to do this? It se...

Help in creating dialog based application
Hi, I am creating a dialog based application which has a main dialog with 3 buttons. 1. Address Book 2. Student List 3. Course List with which i can go to any one of the screens(which is again the dialog). when i click address book button my main dialog should be hidden/closed and i should open the address book dialog which has again some button to navigate back to main dialog/student list/course list. same kind of functionality for other two dialogs(student/course list). i thought of creating all the 3 dialogs as modeless and main dialog as parent but how i will inform the parent window to ...

Open Contact problem when create new email
Hi, When I reinstaled my windows and oulook, I just copy all these office data file (mailbox, outlook, extend) from my backup to the new \Document and Setting\user\local\....\outlook\ and I can see alll my inbox and contact, but when I try to create new email and try to select contact name , there is an error message come out "The address list couldnott be displayed. The contact folder associateed with this adress list couldnot be opened ..." and then i can't see all my conttact. How to fix this? TIA Yanto It is not unusual for the Outlook Address Book to "lose track"...

Create value list from range
I've got a range of cells containing state abbrev. that I want to list in another range excluding all duplicated states abbrev's. Is there a way to list the non-duplicated values? Thanks for your help... -- mallets123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25090 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=506174 Try this: Make sure you have a heading for your list. I'll assume your range is A1:A100 and A1 is STATE. In a blank ...

eReq error
I moved our data to a new server on the weekend. I changed the ODBC on our webserver to point to the new server. All sql logins and data exist on the new server. Users can log into eReq. However, when they attempt to add an item on a new req: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition. /DBUtilities.inc, line 15 If they click on Review Requistion, then click on a Req: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '8...

creating a function for dividing two columns
I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of batting averages. I have at bats in column b, hits in column c with the results in column d. I cant get the function right so it will display the correct result. use this =SUM(C1/B1) in cell D1. Format D1 as a number with 3 decimal places. Steve Hubbard "cflan" <cflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212BF952-55B9-45DF-BC8C-E8B670FA6010@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of > batting averages. I have at bats in column b,...

Creating a new mailbox for an existing SMTP email alias issues
Users can receive email to user@domain1 and user@domain2 being the primary SMTP user@domain1. Additionally he can receive email to userlastname@domain2 in the same mailbox. That was the setup for months and here is the new requirements: Now this user needs to send email as userlastname@domain2. Right now, he can't due to Exchange limitions by design that allows only the primary to be the from. So this is what i did so far: First i deleted the SMTP address userlastname@domain2 from the user account, then i created a new mailbox user account "user2" and edited the primary SMTP to ...