just installed.... login problem

Hi,

i just installed Great plains 8 on a test machine for the first time. I have
installed server and client option, the installation went fine. However the
login dialog of 'Great Plains Utilities' is not letting me in.

SQL server is on the same machine, it is in mixed mode and the sa password
is what i'm specifying.

Any clues please?

Hi

Have you configured the ODBC DSN to point to your SQL server using SQL Auth.

James

"Emmanuel" <emmanuel@email.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i just installed Great plains 8 on a test machine for the first time. I
> have installed server and client option, the installation went fine.
> However the login dialog of 'Great Plains Utilities' is not letting me in.
>
> SQL server is on the same machine, it is in mixed mode and the sa password
> is what i'm specifying.
>
> Any clues please?

Hi,

i must have missed that part. I am not aware that it needs an ODBC dsn. Now
i've looked at the ODBC admin but there does not seem to be any dsn created
for great plains. Is this part of a setup procedure that i have missed? Can
you please point me to where i can find documentation on how to install this
software.

thanks for your help!

regards,

"James" <hushdontspamme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Have you configured the ODBC DSN to point to your SQL server using SQL
> Auth.
>
> James
>
> "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@email.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> i just installed Great plains 8 on a test machine for the first time. I
>> have installed server and client option, the installation went fine.
>> However the login dialog of 'Great Plains Utilities' is not letting me
>> in.
>>
>> SQL server is on the same machine, it is in mixed mode and the sa
>> password is what i'm specifying.
>>
>> Any clues please?

In the GP 8.0 Installation Instructions manual, setting up the ODBC data
source is on pages 34 and 35.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

> Hi,
>
> i must have missed that part. I am not aware that it needs an ODBC dsn.
> Now i've looked at the ODBC admin but there does not seem to be any dsn
> created for great plains. Is this part of a setup procedure that i have
> missed? Can you please point me to where i can find documentation on how
> to install this software.
>
> thanks for your help!
>
> regards,
>

> "James" <hushdontspamme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Have you configured the ODBC DSN to point to your SQL server using SQL
>> Auth.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@email.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i just installed Great plains 8 on a test machine for the first time. I
>>> have installed server and client option, the installation went fine.
>>> However the login dialog of 'Great Plains Utilities' is not letting me
>>> in.
>>>
>>> SQL server is on the same machine, it is in mixed mode and the sa
>>> password is what i'm specifying.
>>>
>>> Any clues please?

0
victoria (3340)
10/20/2005 4:33:14 PM
ok thanks... apologies for being an RTFM case.. :(

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> In the GP 8.0 Installation Instructions manual, setting up the ODBC data
> source is on pages 34 and 35.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@email.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> i must have missed that part. I am not aware that it needs an ODBC dsn.
>> Now i've looked at the ODBC admin but there does not seem to be any dsn
>> created for great plains. Is this part of a setup procedure that i have
>> missed? Can you please point me to where i can find documentation on how
>> to install this software.
>>
>> thanks for your help!
>>
>> regards,
>>

>> "James" <hushdontspamme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Have you configured the ODBC DSN to point to your SQL server using SQL
>>> Auth.
>>>
>>> James
>>>
>>> "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@email.com> wrote in message

it's all good  :-)

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

> ok thanks... apologies for being an RTFM case.. :(
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> In the GP 8.0 Installation Instructions manual, setting up the ODBC data
>> source is on pages 34 and 35.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>

>> "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@email.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i must have missed that part. I am not aware that it needs an ODBC dsn.
>>> Now i've looked at the ODBC admin but there does not seem to be any dsn
>>> created for great plains. Is this part of a setup procedure that i have
>>> missed? Can you please point me to where i can find documentation on how
>>> to install this software.
>>>
>>> thanks for your help!
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>

>>> "James" <hushdontspamme@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
victoria (3340)

Problems Saving on a shared drive
Hi all, I have an Excel workbook which I have created at home. I have brought this workbook into the 'office' and want to transfer the workbook onto a PC here. There is no problem in doing this, the problem occurs when I save any updates to the workbook. Whenever another 'user' logs onto the PC , none of the changes are shown or if I log onto another PC in the same office and display the workbook on the shared drive (S) no changes are shown. I am very confused as to why this happens. It seems like all the other users have the same access rights as I have to view/change th...

Particular query problem
Hi, I have 2 similar tables, like these: Create Table Report(Month int, Value float) Create Table ReportCorrect(Month int, Value float) with these values: Insert Report values(1,16),(2,11),(3,12),(4,15),(5,0),(6,34),(7,56),(8,14),(9,24),(10,0),(11,12),(12,14) Go Insert ReportCorrect values(1,16),(2,11),(3,12),(4,15),(5,11),(6,34),(7,56),(8,14),(9,24),(10,31),(11,12),(12,14) In the Report table, for the months 5 (May) and 10 (October), I have Value=0. Now I have to insert this gap (11 and 31) in another table (with the same structure), only if the following month has ...

How do I install the add-ins?
I downloaded the Move Page add-in and the Clip Gallery 5.0 add-in and now I'm not sure where they are supposed to go. When I click Add-ins in Pub 2003, it only brings up the exe files, not the dll files. TIA! Kristie Did you click "new" when you opened the Add-ins? Two file formats are in the Files of Type *.exe and *.dll. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kristie Cochran" <kristiesews@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23ApUsu3GGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I downloaded the Move...

only 34 more days 2 go until the mentally challenged Kevin Panzke finishes this round of Ubuntu 10.04 countdown. Just FYI
Just FYI ...

New Wine in Old Bottles problem (never use an old form on a new table schema / architecture)
FYI, I trust this is "old news" to Access veterans, but as a newbie it caught me by surprise. RL Anybody have this problem when using an old form on a new database Relationship? I'm pretty sure it's a common problem (hint: don't do it--always generate a new form if you change the primary keys in a database schema / architecture). On Dec 31, 11:31=A0am, "David Cressey" <cresse...@verizon.net> wrote: > "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote in messagenews:1pfin3d2l= l6t12ntvc659ek9ekt9bv1prj@4ax.com... > > >Thanks....

Just off the Press ....Explosive
Just off the Press ..Explosive Customer Building Techniques New toolkit reveals 26 Explosive Customer Building techniques that will produce ready to buy subscribers, as much as 50 times faster than most other conventional methods. (there is a 100% quadruple money back guarantee - yes quadruple, you'll be amazed) Just imagine all the money you could make. You can use your money for whatever you like. Buy yourself (or the kids) an education, buy or pay off your House or Car. Donate some or all of your newly earned wealth to your favorite charity. To learn more go to: http://50000custom...

Error installing CRM 3.0 connector for GP 9.0
OK, I've been trying for days to get this installed (on a single server with SQL server 2000). Everything SEEMS to be running fine. Then about 10 minutes into the installation, it runs amok. The server load jumps to 100%, all virtual memory is consumed and about 11,000 processes are launched. It hangs at this point for about 15 minutes. You can see from the log what is going on: 12/3/2007 : 7:20:17 PM :INFO :RunSqlScripts :Install :Creating integration database CRMIntegration30 12/3/2007 : 7:20:17 PM :INFO :RunSqlScripts :CreateIntegrationDb :Creating integration DB CRMIntegration30 12/3...

UGHHH another url problem, attachment security problem
I sent a web page to myself and tried to open it on a win2Kcomputer. I get a message Attachmetn Security Warning this file may contain a virus that can be harm... save to disk, cancel ------ however when I try to save it- I get another message "Outlook cannot sar the URL rto afile, can't find this file . Make sure the path and file name are correct HOW do I fix this, I have looked and can't find the answer You may want to look into Microsoft KB article 829982. It will allow you to set .url's to be allowed by Outlook, and you may not have this problem anymore. http:/...

Outlook 2003 redirect message problem
We are trying to have outlook redirect messages coming in from an Exchange 5.5 server. Messages are coming in that should be redirected but are not. We are trying to forward all mail to a yahoo account. No mail is forwarded. Is there possibly a setting on the server that would block this? Ben: IIRC, the type of rule that you set up for that is a client-side rule, meaning that you must have Outlook open at all times for that rule to process. If that's not the problem, then also check Exchange Admin > IMS properties > Internet Mail tab > Advanced options button > mak...

MS CRM Installation problem
while creating databases Failed to install Customer Relationship Management Server Failed to create Microsoft CRM Databases. Unknown error (8004E14) metabase : 30 - addrefereneces.sql I tried to execute p_CreateLogicalReference stored procedure from Stored procedures in Metabase database it returns error: in line 52 createdby,modifiedby,systemuserid attributes couldn't be found thanks I've "experienced" this error a couple of times. If your environment has multiple domain controllers I'd suggest shutting down all of them except the one with the Global Catalogue...

suddenly when i use formula it just show
pls help me on this, somehow when i use formula, to link to existing box with formula, the result will be 0. plss help it kind of urgent here... Try to explain in a little different way please. ...

Updates After Clean Install
I did something that i shouldn't have done almost 2 yrs ago and now i am going to finally do a clean install......i need to know weather or not i will still be able to get all the updates that i missed for sp2 and can i redownload sp3 that i did not download myself but someone else did on my comp (xp home media center) Yes you can. They are all there. But this time do all your updates then create a image backup so that the next time you need to restore your computer you can restore from the image backup with all the updates intact... if need be. -- The Top Script Gener...

Outlook Problem #3
I am trying to find out why when I switch identities between mine and my husbands, the hourglass appears, but nothing happens and then it goes away. After that, I try to access Outlook and have to re-boot in order to get into it. Also, I don't know if it is a DELL thing or not, but I cannot create a shortcut for Outlook on my desktop. Please help me and please do it in lay terms because I am not a techie. Thanks! AFAIK, you can't switch identities ( called profiles in Outlook) "on the fly" like you did in OE. You have to close Outlook and open it again and specif...

Install OH & S 07 with 03 Trial Installed (XP)
Expired 2003 Office Trial on laptop with XP oper. sys. I want to install my 2nd home license of OH & S 2007 (full version, not an upgrade). What steps should I take and in what order? Thanks. Uninstall the Trial & any Activation Assistant, reboot, run MSUpdate for critical updates, then install 2007 "zeke" <zeke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9A2EDD9-F516-4BA9-9475-6158ADDD25C4@microsoft.com... > Expired 2003 Office Trial on laptop with XP oper. sys. I want to install > my > 2nd home license of OH & S 2007 (full versi...

Multiple CRM 3.0 Installs in One Domain
We'd like to have 2 CRM 3.0 environments (dev and production) such that crm.domain.com points to production and crmtest.domain.com points to a dev environment. These will be mutually exclusive environments in that they will not need to share data. The dev environment will serve 2 purposes. 1. development arena - custom entities, callouts, etc 2. training arena - for internal company use I hear a lot of talk about CRM supporting such a configuration, but no reference to where I can find the documentation that would tell us how to implement it. Can anyone help out with that? Also, if...

SQL Server Remote Connection Problem
Hi All, I did RDP to a server that has SQL server named ABCsql. From my local machine, I created a new connection and put ABCsql in Server name dropdown box and selected Windows Authentication/SQL Server Authentication (sa,sa) but it failed to connect using Database Engine. Because I want to remote to the SQL Server: ABCsql but I don't know how to do it. Thanks for any help from you guys. ...

Rank and multiple Tie-breaks problem
I have 5 columns each containing 7 scores, where only the best 4 score are used to create a total-at the bottom of each column. For this used the SUM(LARGE,..,1...)etc. I then used Rank to rank these scores, with the highest score receivin the lowest rank. My problem is that to resolve a tie-break situtation I want to use th next highest score in the tieing columns to have a unique rank; i these are equal, then the 6th highest score would be used, and s on-but only in the columns that are tied. This sounds simple, and probably is, but I'm no good at VBA and only beginner in Excel, so ...

Installing Money 2007 #2
I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use Money 2007. Everytime I try to install, I get a message telling me that I need the latest version or the Service Pack. Can someone tell me what I need to get this Deluxe installed. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, JMacon wrote: >I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do >I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use >Money 2007. Everytime I try to inst...

connection problems during outlook synch
Occasionally when outlook 2003 (office sp-2, xp sp-1) performs a send/recv operation I get the following error msg: Task 'mail - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' The transport log doesn't show any errors .. "POP3: Connected to host" "POP3: <rx> +OK xxx POP3 v2.1.9 server ready" <snip> "POP3: Authorized to host" &l...

Repeating 'Installing Money' message.
I enrolled in a Visual Basic.net class and had to update my windows XP home edition to XP Professional. After installation, I periodically get a popup dialogue box telling me that Microsoft Money is being installed. Then it tells me it cannot find the installation disc. The drive path looks like money was initially installed from someone's network. Computer came from Best Buy last year with MONEY preinstalled. If I press Cancel, the message goes away but comes back a little later. I tried putting someone's Money disks in the drive to see if reinstalling the product wou...

Installation issue on v3c
I have tried to use the installation package made availabel on 21st december to install the CRM client on Outlook 2007 running under Vista. This is a copletely fresh build of Vista and Office 2007. However, it gets to the point where it says that it must have .NET installed. Indeed, it tells me I must manually install it. But, of course, ..NET 3.0 is already installed as part of the operating system (Vista). If I try to run the redistribatiuon package it will (and does as I trie dit) prevent it installing as it is already there and is intelligent enough to know that. I ave admin r...

How do I get a word count on an article I just completed?
I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how many words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my own (new computer) to no avail. Help, please! Which version of Word???????? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "SunflowerJean" <SunflowerJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:386A9D9B-BE83-4836-B6E7-04DA5A09DC09@microsoft.com... > I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how > many > words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my > ...

Installer Cleanup Utility fails to install
Using XP Pro SP3 and Office 2000 SR-1 Premium. Need to use Windows Installer Cleanup Utility msicuu2.exe, but got following errors during installation: Internal Error 2908. {121634B3-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {121634B5-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {BF1C5C32-2FC9-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} Internal Error 2908. {121634B6-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} === Logging stopped: 19/04/2010 14:50:47 === The installer ended with a "successful installation" and the utility was placed in Program items, but runs with the same errors as in the ...

installing a new master hdd
I cannot boot XP on my hp pavilion 7935 PC-- I have only been able to access the OS with an ERD Boot Disk to recover files. But I have a slew of programs on it too. Someone suggested that I use another pc, make the current hdd a slave, and be able to use it that way. But all I have is a laptop with vista. Since I have a set of HP installation disks for that PC and OS, can I simply install a new hdd and install XP on that to set as master, then use the current one as a slave? I guess the question is can I do that using the HP disks? I believe the disks are capable of formatt...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...